Shinsyn

[P4AU] Yu Narukami - Gameplay Discussion

So how do you guys deal with characters with absurd range like Mitsuru or Ken? I just played a few games against a competent Mitsuru and found it insanely difficult to even get close, let alone get a hit. I'm IBing her strings, but so far I only know 5AAA IB is unsafe, but most Mitsuru players who obviously know this don't do it.

help pls

214C under Mitsuru's 5a and hope she didn't wait and 5B you.

214C under Mitsuru's 5a and hope she didn't wait and 5B you.

I have a feeling this is a really bad idea without meter but i'll try it anyway lol

I have a feeling this is a really bad idea without meter but i'll try it anyway lol

She can't punish it on block really. Her fastest normal is 8 frames, if it hits near the tip it's like -7. Even if she punishes, it's just a 5a combo

She can't punish it on block really. Her fastest normal is 8 frames, if it hits near the tip it's like -7. Even if she punishes, it's just a 5a combo

I hope you know, Yu is in crouching state after 214C, which is a position for Mitsuru to do soviet damage. It's up to you if you want to take that risk.

If you want to IB something, IB Mitsuru's sweep. Yu's 5A is quick enough to get a counter hit. I also don't think 214C just to beat Mitsuru's 5A is the best of ideas since Yu has a lot better tools at his disposal.

I hope you know, Yu is in crouching state after 214C, which is a position for Mitsuru to do soviet damage. It's up to you if you want to take that risk.

If you want to IB something, IB Mitsuru's sweep. Yu's 5A is quick enough to get a counter hit. I also don't think 214C just to beat Mitsuru's 5A is the best of ideas since Yu has a lot better tools at his disposal.

Tried it once and got horribly punished for it, obviously not a good idea (214C).

I'll see what i can do next time I play a good mitsuru with that. Although Ken's a whole different story of annoying with the range, it feels like I'm dealing with Gordeau or something when I fight Ken except 3x more obnoxious.

Thanks for the advice.

I once DPed, and they blocked it and I was horribly punished. Obviously not a good idea (B+D).

You can use sweep instead of 214C, just lacking in range, but sometimes you have to remind Mitsuru that she's not safe from the Lord at any range

Is there a Narukami skype group? If there isn't, we should make one. I like having input from others and vice versa without waiting for posts on here, although I'm curious who'd join.

It's somewhat outdated, but many of the strategies discussed in the P4A Mitsuru vs Yu thread should still apply in P4AU

Is there a Narukami skype group? If there isn't, we should make one. I like having input from others and vice versa without waiting for posts on here, although I'm curious who'd join.

I'd be down for joining as well

Just add me on Skype, the contact info should be in my profile :)

Sent you a request.

On another topic, my PS3 sadly died in the middle of a set the other day. Had to shell out $220 for a new slim model, RIP fat PS3 :(

I'm gonna get withdrawl or something, it feels so weird having no P4U2 or UNIEL to play during the week :/

I wouldn't say good, but he has some gimmicks. In the corner when you're at the 2A 5C 2C part, you can do 214 instead of 214B, forward airdash and then airthrow. It grabs toward/up/away air tech but whiffs on no tech (obviously) and neutral tech. You can also do 2B instead of 214B, beats the exact same things, blockable if neutral teched.

Other than that, there's always 214A/214AB resets

Can someone explain me what safejump is and how to perform it exactly??

You do 669 or 214 after 214C or 214B knockdowns then time a J.B. For characters with counter supers what I have been doing is 669 into a air dash backward zio. The projectile will counter hit and you can run up 5B for a combo. 

I dont know if this been asked yet, but do anybody know how to crosssover with b lion?

You do 669 or 214 after 214C or 214B knockdowns then time a J.B. For characters with counter supers what I have been doing is 669 into a air dash backward zio. The projectile will counter hit and you can run up 5B for a combo. 

Is there a video for this? Need to see

A safejump is basically a technique where you do a move that will simultaneously enable you to hit an opponent meaty on wakeup or block their reversal if they use one.  It basically works like:

1) Knock down the opponent.

2) Perform a meaty falling normal (j.A, j.B, or j.2B for Narukami I believe) as close to the ground as possible and then hold back.

3a) If the opponent DPs, your attack will go through their invulnerability frames and you will land and block the DP.

3b) If the opponent does not DP, your attack will meaty as normal and you will be highly + as a bonus.

Obviously doesn't work on characters with unblockable counters (i.e. Minazuki, Kanji) or really fast DPs (i.e. Yosuke).

I dont know if this been asked yet, but do anybody know how to crosssover with b lion?

You use JB and when the enemy blocks it you jump again without touching the ground but going to the other side, after that use J.AC and then JB. (I do not know if I explained it in a way that can be understood, tell me if I didn´t)

That's not what he's asking. At certain ranges if you do a 214 feint, if the opponent stays on the ground and you fall with j.2B it will cross up.

How to make 236C - 2 times in a row? i`ve seen this in a match against me
opponent did 236c in air, then jumped again and did is for the secons time very quickly!

have you tried just doing it twice

possibly close to the ground

yes, it works if done in mid-air - to hit a grounded opp`s head, then u can do it quickly again

but there was something different

Well, i really can tell that i dont understand how to play this character, cant see why he is top-tier, it very difficult to hit opp, bad oki if done without raging lion

Rise has a terrible pressing options, this one guy has none

Really just cand understand how to setup damage, can someone help?

Wait are you being serious

Narukami works by existing. Just hit buttons, they're all huge, many awesome options on block, superior hitconfirms, easy life, easy love, totally fine oki and mixup

set up damage by doing the following

1. hit them

2. spend some meter

3. they probably died