Shinsyn

[P4AU] Yu Narukami - Gameplay Discussion

yes, it works if done in mid-air - to hit a grounded opp`s head, then u can do it quickly again

but there was something different

Well, i really can tell that i dont understand how to play this character, cant see why he is top-tier, it very difficult to hit opp, bad oki if done without raging lion

Rise has a terrible pressing options, this one guy has none

Really just cand understand how to setup damage, can someone help?

Pretty sure this is just a super obvious troll.

yes, it works if done in mid-air - to hit a grounded opp`s head, then u can do it quickly again

but there was something different

Well, i really can tell that i dont understand how to play this character, cant see why he is top-tier, it very difficult to hit opp, bad oki if done without raging lion

Rise has a terrible pressing options, this one guy has none

Really just cand understand how to setup damage, can someone help?

press 5B and j.2B and confirm into 214C safejump and repeat until they die if you really don't know what you're doing tbh

Total newb question: What's some good setups after hitting 214B from midscreen? If the answer is "don't 214B from midscreen" then I understand but I'm hoping there's something. :)

Relatedly: What about after 236B/AB? I can do stuff after that in the corner but I'm not sure what to do at midscreen.

Total newb question: What's some good setups after hitting 214B from midscreen? If the answer is "don't 214B from midscreen" then I understand but I'm hoping there's something. :)

Relatedly: What about after 236B/AB? I can do stuff after that in the corner but I'm not sure what to do at midscreen.

Nothing unless 214B fatals. On fatal -- 214B > dash 2B > delay 5C > delay IAD j.b > 5C > delay IAD j.BB > 5C > TK 214A > 5B > 5C > 2C > 214B -- 4K meterless, p1 start and closer

236B midscreen gives you a safe jump. Not worth spending resources on it since the prorate is awful.

Tried it once and got horribly punished for it, obviously not a good idea (214C).

I'll see what i can do next time I play a good mitsuru with that. Although Ken's a whole different story of annoying with the range, it feels like I'm dealing with Gordeau or something when I fight Ken except 3x more obnoxious.

Thanks for the advice.

No, Kikuichimonji is right. If a you do a lightning car C on Mitsuru at max range or so and she actually blocks it, it is completely safe as far as I know. If you're getting lightning car C punished on block by Mitsuru when used at range you're doing it wrong.

Anyway to beat her jab straight on you can do 

1. Lightning Car C for low profile

2. Sweep for chest invulnerability 

Does anyone know the burstsafe combo paths? Or at least some burstsafe combos. I know anything into B issen can be made burstsafe (with either OMB or OMC 5B 5C 2C 214B) and there are some reaaally ghetto combos off 2C backdashes but other than that I've got nothing. I've also heard some people say that regular Narukami can use ZC to make some of his regular combos burstsafe but I don't see it, at best you'd make a jC safe to bait the burst I guess?

Does anyone know the burstsafe combo paths? Or at least some burstsafe combos. I know anything into B issen can be made burstsafe (with either OMB or OMC 5B 5C 2C 214B) and there are some reaaally ghetto combos off 2C backdashes but other than that I've got nothing. I've also heard some people say that regular Narukami can use ZC to make some of his regular combos burstsafe but I don't see it, at best you'd make a jC safe to bait the burst I guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msJKO5XCZcQ&list=WL&index=2

zc the j.Cs

basic -- 2C FC > bdc 5B > 5C > back IAD j.C ZC > 5C > 2C > 214B -- 3436

Can anyone give me any advice please on getting 214D > OMC > 214B consistently? It seems they always tech half the time. I try to do it as early as possible but the inputs are awkward since I have to do it so quick.

Can anyone give me any advice please on getting 214D > OMC > 214B consistently? It seems they always tech half the time. I try to do it as early as possible but the inputs are awkward since I have to do it so quick.

Do 214D, hold 2, OMC, finish the 214 motion, press B

214D > 2OMC14B 

optionally, you can do

214D > 214OMCB

So if the loktest changes goes through, would the change to Zio nerf our Zio Cancel? Since D Zio is now SB, we have to spend meter to do it, that's if they even keep D zio the same.

Do 214D, hold 2, OMC, finish the 214 motion, press B

214D > 2OMC14B 

optionally, you can do

214D > 214OMCB

It's a lot more comfortable when I start at 2 instead of 3. Why do some posts say do 3214D? (Also thanks for the advice)

It's a lot more comfortable when I start at 2 instead of 3. Why do some posts say do 3214D? (Also thanks for the advice)

I think if you do a microdash then 214B(OMC3214B), you can get the B lion to crossup midscreen allowing a combo anywhere, not sure how consistent it is though outside local play

I'm personally more likely to mess up the OMC 214B by doing the OMC itself too late.

If you are holding a forward direction when you OMC on the ground, you automatically and immediately cancel into a dash.

I have questions about safejumps issues

What if opponent delays ground recovery? In this case my safejump jB whiffs, then i have to guess 1)he wakes with block 2) DP  3) he uses A+C

is there some universal solution, or option select issue that can counter delayed ground recovery?
cause its very annoying

I have questions about safejumps issues

What if opponent delays ground recovery? In this case my safejump jB whiffs, then i have to guess 1)he wakes with block 2) DP  3) he uses A+C

is there some universal solution, or option select issue that can counter delayed ground recovery?

cause its very annoying

If they refuse to emergency tech you can add an airdash j.B, when you're about to land and see they didnt emergency tech, to safejump them anyways.

There's no way to guess out of this one.

If they refuse to emergency tech you can add an airdash j.B, when you're about to land and see they didnt emergency tech, to safejump them anyways.

J2B hits opponents who delay the wakeup, it has worked for me

u mean do airdash after i landed near them and saw delayed tech? or i must see delay during safejump and not do jB, but do airdash with j2B as Fruits_punch says?

Are there any option select situations it this game?
Or is there option select at all?

Mostly interested in Kanji MU. After he has knckdwned me, he can either command grab me, or start his 5A string.
I have to guess there only, right? same for Minazuki, although his command grab doesnt have invuls