Coma

[P4AU] Yukari Takeba - Q & A Thread

It is a timing. Furthermore, you have to set up 5D so that the super arrow tracks. If you do it too early, the hitbox will get eaten up in the tornado so you won't do any damage. Too late, and the opponent will tech, so the arrow won't connect unless like they just arent pressing buttons. A bit of practice will get it down easy

I see, there's a 5D setup then. I was doing raw 214CD, so the first arrow tracks but the other just go straight lol. I'll go try it later

Thanks for the quick response :)

so how is everyone doing in general what is giving yall tough times

No longer being able to do combos I've already learned is really frustrating tbh. I guess that's what I get for not playing enough…

I got the game a few days ago and I'm learning Yukari. I don't get exactly how the double arrow super works after Magarula :/

It's just 214CD > 236236AB real fast or there's some timing?

To get the double arrow super (SB Hyper Feather Shot) after Mahagarula, you need to TK 214CD (SB Mahagaru) and after the recovery, input Hyper Feather Shot (236236AB). Both arrows will hit each separate orb and track the opponent. This costs a ton of meter though so if you're doing this, make sure it will kill.

Mahagarula (Awakening Required/50 SB) + TK SB Mahagaru (25 SP) + SB Hyper Feather Shot (75 SP) = 150 SP

You're utilizing all of your meter to do this to get a bit over 4K worth of damage if you have to mix them up within Mahagurla so as stated before; don't go for this unless it will kill.

I really, really want to try Yukari because I'm a zoner by heart but I heard she's ridiculously hard. I'm also a pad warrior and I know she may be hard execution wise with a pad.

Would she be right for me or I better just stick with the characters I use now?

I really, really want to try Yukari because I'm a zoner by heart but I heard she's ridiculously hard. I'm also a pad warrior and I know she may be hard execution wise with a pad.

It's best to honestly say to give her a shot and find out for yourself. I won't lie to you; she takes some time getting used to but once you do, everything else comes easy.  She's like most Zoners; Great screen control and can set the pace of the game. Also, her combos hurt. However like most Zoners, her lack of  a decent reversal and lack of a decent AA is a factor so you gotta get to the right spots. I will mention that her movement and speed makes up for a few of her issues and her pressure game is fairly good so in the end, she's a solid character!

Try her out in training mode, try out some of the trials and feel it out. Hopefully Yukari is to your liking :)

Sorry for the late response, but I'd say that she's not exactly a zoner. Yeah, she has strong zoning tools, but she's like a lot of ArcSys zoners in that she uses them to get in. Good pressure and damage make her more of a hybrid than anything (though I think that's a good thing).

No reason not to try her though!

Edited by dive-slam

So... I've been looking at learning Yukari, what aspect of the character should I learn first? Or should I try to go over everything at once?

My problem with learning characters (beyond a main) is I never know where to start or start with the advanced tech and burn myself out trying to learn/do things I have no business attempting day 1...

Um it helps to learn the bnb. It is harder than most so that is going to take a bit to get used to. Also, you are going to want to get a feel for her neutral and zoning. Learn how and when to move with her, how to setup 5D and j.D. it will help you a lot in the long run until you get the combo theory down, which will strengthen your offense by making people afraid to be opened up, and not just annoyed

So... I've been looking at learning Yukari, what aspect of the character should I learn first? Or should I try to go over everything at once?

My problem with learning characters (beyond a main) is I never know where to start or start with the advanced tech and burn myself out trying to learn/do things I have no business attempting day 1...

My advice is that you try not to focus too much on learning all of her optimal combos for now. They're pretty difficult and could end up taking you a while to get down, so after trying them out, if you can't get them after practicing a while, just work on things like basic confirms into sweep that let you easily set up 5D. Then focus on her neutral/zoning. Knowing how to set up her orbs and when/where to fire arrows takes time, and you'll need to get a feel for it yourself to be comfortable. Also work on maneuvering around- Yukari's movement is pretty crucial to her gameplay. If you have any other questions or are ready to try more advanced things (or whatever else), just ask them here and we'll be happy to help.

Much appreciated, I actually spent a lot of time on bnb combos last night (guess why)...

My other questions are: What do I get/do if I score a meh hit playing her neutral? And I can't get max aoa hits (I just can't, I spent literally a week trying, couldn't get it once), so what should I do for corner aoa combos?

Just do C fatal if you cant get the mash. Also you should be trying to convert stuff off of j.A into damage and knockdown. She has strong abare damage and is good at confirming off of random stuff, so you need to be aware of the situation.

I was thinking more along the lines of uncharged arrows from half screen/greater distances, though I'll assume I at least get to set up a garu orb?

Anyways, what should I be doing with SP?

I'll try to make a combo tutorial video this week. Since I have a capture card now, I can share some more tech with you guys. For now, just look at the combo thread. Yukari uses meter to confirm off some random/far hits using SB Bomb and SB Magaru. It's also good to use SB Feather Shot every now and then to go for confuse mixup. Also, Magarula and Super Arrow are good combo enders with high minimum damage.

That wasn't my question, what I want to know is if there is a difference between buttons that inflict the same ailment (sorry if it was poorly written), if there's any difference between A version and C version for example.

anyways, is there any use for sweep canceling in the zoning game?

Do you mean her sweep whiff combos? By doing that, she can opt to go into her autocombo for higher meter gain, but it's not great for her oki or even damage.

I'm not sure what you mean if that's not what you're talking about. Her sweep is long and lets you set up orbs, so it's extremely useful to her game. She goes into it off most weak hits like 2A and far 5A unless she has meter. It also is special cancelable, so it can go into SB Magaru (214CD) for a full combo (depending on your starter) and is good for confirming 236236A for a round kill. It also goes into her DP, so if you want to force Awakening, that's also a good option.

I use her B series like Nu's Ds more or less (which is wrong, but I'll work on that eventually), I was wondering if sweep canceling blocked Bs offered any advantage.

I use her B series like Nu's Ds more or less (which is wrong, but I'll work on that eventually), I was wondering if sweep canceling blocked Bs offered any advantage.

If they block it from far enough away, it doesn't help you. But I do like canceling 5B into 5C and/or sweep at point blank if it hits or is blocked since it lets you set up orbs.

Okay, so I'm really far behind with Yukari, lol. I'll just cut to the chase and get to the questions
1.) What are the BnBs that I 100% need to know that are universal and I'll usually be trying to confirm into? 
2.) In the neutral, what should I be throwing out?
3.) How can Yukari take advantage of the tornado super for mix-ups?
4.) What other players play Yukari besides Tahichi?
5.) How much time would I have to convert a hit into a combo w/ Yukari?

*dusts off DL account*

Okay, so I'm really far behind with Yukari, lol. I'll just cut to the chase and get to the questions
1.) What are the BnBs that I 100% need to know that are universal and I'll usually be trying to confirm into? 
2.) In the neutral, what should I be throwing out?
3.) How can Yukari take advantage of the tornado super for mix-ups?
4.) What other players play Yukari besides Tahichi?
5.) How much time would I have to convert a hit into a combo w/ Yukari?

I don't have answers to all of these but I'll do my best:

1) 5AAAAA. I'm not even joking. Even if it's not that damaging it's consistent and stable. I've even won countless matches mashing that A button! For punishes, air to air, throw combos etc. they are specific to screen position and standing/crouching/airborne/CH state but you will get comfortable with her routes over time. For a simple punish combo to start with, I use 5C 2C delay 2B 5B IAD j.B 5B 2 214B 2B sj9 j.236C/D~w/e Feather Flip followup (super if it'll kill, otherwise it's not worth the meter usage here imo).

2) Neutral is all dependent on match-up. I won't outright say "Do this" but what I will tell you is that both the character match-up and the player match-up determine what you do in neutral. A general strategy is to toss out A or B Feather Bomb and/or 5D/j.D orb set to create a 'wall' of sorts (j.D moreso to reflect arrows off of, but not all the time). You won't always be able to do this but this is part of Yukari's core, along with her movement options. It's a check to see how your opponent will react and move. Against characters like Adachi, Margaret and Shadow Labrys for example you won't be using this very much since they have moves (and in the case of Shadow Labrys' Persona, armor in mid-range situations) to prevent you from setting up from anywhere on the screen, which makes the match-up a little tough for Yukari.

3) 236A > 214214C/D/C+D on block for grounded opponents. Otherwise you'll have to carefully pick which one you do depending on match-up and situation. A large portion of the cast have specials and supers that are a threat to Yukari players who immediately try to do Magdarula once in Awakening. As for mixup itself, Yukari has a good set of gimmicks in Feather Bomb toss then doing 5A or AoA, or if you're within range to IAD you can do late IAD j.AA or late IAD land 5A. These are just a couple of options. You also have to be mindful of Guard Cancel roll and Guard Cancel attempts, as both of these will let them escape unharmed in most cases.

4) I don't remember their name but in recent 2.0 match vids there is a high PSR Yukari that does well. I believe Tahichi has switched to Margaret full time as of right now but he may play Yukari for a bit to explore her new changes.

5) This goes back into familiarizing yourself with her different confirms and routes. I believe that Yukari has a generous amount of time to confirm and convert nearly everything, albeit a bit tough to do some more than others. This is why Auto Combo comes in handy for most confirms until you are comfortable doing some of the tougher ones.

I hope this helps! If anyone sees any mistakes here or has anything to add, please feel free to correct me or add!