Coma

[P4AU] Yukari Takeba - Q & A Thread

SEMI-INTERESTING TIDBIT: pressing the button again after setting a Magaru (towards the end of Yukari's recovery) actually decelerates the orb and has it stay in place. The window's a little finicky, if you press too early nothing happens and too late and you'll get ~unintended consequences. Like 214D -> 5D too late and you'll just lose the magaru and set 5D.

Kind of a weird feature to have but it's cool I guess since you can set the orb and not have to chase it.

SEMI-INTERESTING TIDBIT: pressing the button again after setting a Magaru (towards the end of Yukari's recovery) actually decelerates the orb and has it stay in place. The window's a little finicky, if you press too early nothing happens and too late and you'll get ~unintended consequences. Like 214D -> 5D too late and you'll just lose the magaru and set 5D.

Kind of a weird feature to have but it's cool I guess since you can set the orb and not have to chase it.

WOW, that's really interesting and I had no idea lol. I'll see if I can find use for this sometime

No one has done challenge 30?

Sorry man, I haven't. I don't find Shadow Yukari to be fun to use at all so I didn't really bother with that one.

Np I don't either. I just wanna have her be the one I get all 30 with. I find it odd the for how little damage shadow yukari gets im exchange for losing a burst.

Np I don't either. I just wanna have her be the one I get all 30 with. I find it odd the for how little damage shadow yukari gets im exchange for losing a burst.

It is the way her combos work. They dont really allow certain routes to go crazy

Hey guys, question.

I am not "New" to P4A but I had only played the first game for about 3 months, never got really good at it because I've been attempting to level up in my main game (sf)

But I saw Yukari and literally said "Maining her" cuz I have a thing for characters with a Bow and arrow, I know the basic mechanics and I have an understanding of what each character can do, but playing Yukari is very tough for me, like out of 20 games last night I got like a round or two.

But do you guys think I should stick with her? Tough it out, instead of playing an easier character, or play someone else until I am comfortable with the game?

I just want some other opinions

Hey guys, question.

I am not "New" to P4A but I had only played the first game for about 3 months, never got really good at it because I've been attempting to level up in my main game (sf)

But I saw Yukari and literally said "Maining her" cuz I have a thing for characters with a Bow and arrow, I know the basic mechanics and I have an understanding of what each character can do, but playing Yukari is very tough for me, like out of 20 games last night I got like a round or two.

But do you guys think I should stick with her? Tough it out, instead of playing an easier character, or play someone else until I am comfortable with the game?

How much fighting game experience, and how long have you been practicing Ultimax?

I think she's definitely difficult, but if you really want to play her, stick it out. As I always like to say, it's more of a learning curve than anything. It gets easier to play her after the initial phases.

Ive been playing sf for about 2 years competitively, I just got Ultimax monday, but Ive been in the lab nonstop

I also am known for playing more rush down, so this character is really foreign to me. I do know she has nasty corner pressure and midscreen she isnt really that bad either.

I'll PM you my skype name as well if I could be added chat. That cool?

Ive been playing sf for about 2 years competitively, I just got Ultimax monday, but Ive been in the lab nonstop

I also am known for playing more rush down, so this character is really foreign to me. I do know she has nasty corner pressure and midscreen she isnt really that bad either.

It will be great to have you! Just remember that starting off with her you have wierd, but awesome projectile zoning and pressure tools, but you lack average tools like strong footsies and an official anti-air. This character (imo) will also teach you how to block. When you start getting things down consistently she is awesome and you see the fruits of your labor

yes, send it whenever and I'll add you when I'm online

Yup like Fenrir said, she's strong in zoning/pressure/oki, she's not very good at defending (doesn't even have a decent anti-air), her combos are hard to confirm and hard to execute, but she has good damage and most of her combos end with advantage. She's not that strong in the mixup department either (she has, but is not rudimentary), but she's great for poking around from a safe distance, try to move a lot while shooting arrows and confirm the counter hits, hits on crouching opponents and on airborne opponents and confirm it in the right combo according to the situation. She could be the best zoner in the game, the wind orb combo with arrows is strong for controlling the enemy's movement and she can zone will moving, that's a big plus. And like dive-slam said it's specially hard to play with her at first but you will get accustomed. She's so fun lol, good luck!

Hey guys, question.

Honestly, play her if you like her. She has good strength's with her zoning options but as with most zoners, she has the glaring weakness of what happens when she get's rushed down. However, her movement options help compensate for that weakness. Also, you gotta remember that you're going to do a ton of hit confirming with Yukari from a distance so just because you threw out something (ex: an arrow), doesn't mean you can immediately follow up, you gotta wait for things to hit the opponent, which is what throws a ton of players off.  Understanding that makes things much easier in the long run. Just don't be discouraged when things aren't going you way, the work put in will show in time since she is what I like to call: "A High Maintenance Character."

Hopefully you like her enough to stick it out and enjoy the game with her.

Finally bought this game and i started doing her trials. i seem to have a hard time landing her dash b after getting the J.2B to connect on trial 23. I'm jumping forward on my J.B Jc J2. Any advice?

Also wouldn't mind an invite to that yukari skype group as well.

Finally bought this game and i started doing her trials. i seem to have a hard time landing her dash b after getting the J.2B to connect on trial 23. I'm jumping forward on my J.B Jc J2. Any advice?

Also wouldn't mind an invite to that yukari skype group as well.

Try jumping back on the j.B and jumping forward on j.2.

Also, I will need your Skype username.

I'll give that a shot and my skype is loryuo

Edit: seems like maybe i'm either not hitting the ground fast enough or my 66 input is always just a little off. hmm..

I'll give that a shot and my skype is loryuo

Edit: seems like maybe i'm either not hitting the ground fast enough or my 66 input is always just a little off. hmm..

Make sure you are slightly delaying the J.2

Thanks for that one! I delayed it and started to actually get the dash b more consistently and eventually got passed it.

Thanks for that one! I delayed it and started to actually get the dash b more consistently and eventually got passed it.

Bunch of little things make the combos harder than they actually look

Yeah i was pounding my head at it earlier, but after doing just that, it became a much more easy to do combo.

She has a good amount of delays that don't seem too obvious, yeah. Just gotta learn the timing through practice.

I got the game a few days ago and I'm learning Yukari. I don't get exactly how the double arrow super works after Magarula :/

It's just 214CD > 236236AB real fast or there's some timing?

I got the game a few days ago and I'm learning Yukari. I don't get exactly how the double arrow super works after Magarula :/

It's just 214CD > 236236AB real fast or there's some timing?

It is a timing. Furthermore, you have to set up 5D so that the super arrow tracks. If you do it too early, the hitbox will get eaten up in the tornado so you won't do any damage. Too late, and the opponent will tech, so the arrow won't connect unless like they just arent pressing buttons. A bit of practice will get it down easy