pktazn

[P4AU] Yukiko Amagi Gameplay Discussion

I was not aware that the charge change applied to all of her Agi specials. Looks like SB Agi combos will be a lot easier but I'm interested to see how this will affect her pressure. And I'm wondering if the damage nerf applies to all versions of Dancing Flames as well, the notes aren't exactly clear.

Well looks like Agi will be our go-to oki in the corner again, i'm pretty sure it will also open new fire break routes !

I really hope that more Yukiko players start to use Vermillion bird more I feel it has a lot of potential and can be pretty helpful against her bad macthups. I know getting to lvl.6 Fire Boost can be a hassle and might not be worth it in the long run but I really want to see more this move and what it can do. 

Also, if you're hooked to  Vermillion bird, but don't want to to lose momentum while charging, you might try S.Yukiko, as her shadow Fury combos end up with her being at least lv 6 (and I'm pretty sure it could open original fire break route or lv8/9 boost combos, especially with the Agi and Fire Amp buffs). Depends if you're willing to forsake your burst and easy 5AAA unblockable or not

oh and I nearly forgot   a-cho Pre Arc Revo cupTeam Yukiko vs Team Elizabeth begins at 00 and ends at 13:23

Is 5AAA 236D legit unavoidable or can it be DP'd?  Is it like Arcana where the game prevents you from doing anything but blocking for 2 frames after you leave ground hitstun?

Is 5AAA 236D legit unavoidable or can it be DP'd? Is it like Arcana where the game prevents you from doing anything but blocking for 2 frames after you leave ground hitstun?

I can't draw comparisons to Arcana because I don't play that game, but I do play Persona!

Basically, it's a "true" unblockable because of how spinstate works. In the recovery from spinstate, you're forced into a standing position & you can't do anything but block/burst. This is primarily why this unblockable works - because there is no way to avoid it save by using a burst.

I can't draw comparisons to Arcana because I don't play that game, but I do play Persona!

Basically, it's a "true" unblockable because of how spinstate works. In the recovery from spinstate, you're forced into a standing position & you can't do anything but block/burst. This is primarily why this unblockable works - because there is no way to avoid it save by using a burst.

That's pretty much exactly how it worked in Arcana except it worked from any ground hitstun. There were 2 frames after recovery from ground hitstun where you could only block, which is why you could do bullshit like this:

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=bjQPxyoUn8Q

Good to know Arcsys is implementing Arcana-level bullshit into P4AU I guess, the game's plenty bullshit as it is so I guess one more thing won't hurt.

Just occurred to me, but if A Agi has more untech time now does that mean that 5AAA 2369A 5AAA is a realistic combo route now? That seems like it would lead to some super obnoxious meter/burst build shenanigans.

Just occurred to me, but if A Agi has more untech time now does that mean that 5AAA 2369A 5AAA is a realistic combo route now? That seems like it would lead to some super obnoxious meter/burst build shenanigans.

Yes this route could work again. We don't see enough Yukikos to see if the untech time buff allows it. It would also be good to stay in the face of opponents that you don't want to face fullscreen (Yukari and Naoto come to mind). I'm really hype for Agi detonating two times when held long enough, I'm pretty sure it could see some use in nasty mixups/fire break setups !

We just have to wait and see if any Yukiko shows up to surprise us xD

Not sure if this has been brought up, but do we know if the double A Agi explosion is air tight on normal block?

From the few matches I've seen, yes, you can't DP or do anything if you've blocked the first explosion (it probably is also air tight on IB, but this will need testing/footage). It's pretty much like detonating the A and then the B of SB agi really fast !

Does anyone have any idea how long the charge time is before the double detonation for Agi? Just curious if there was a way to set it up mid-combo for a nastier oki.

Does anyone have any idea how long the charge time is before the double detonation for Agi? Just curious if there was a way to set it up mid-combo for a nastier oki.

it's something like 3 or 4 seconds, and yes, you get nastier options from SB Agi, since combos using it have you hold the B fireball long enough to be a a double detonation

I'll be at EVO this year probably playing the demo of P4AU a lot so if there's things you guys want me to test out I'll try to make note of it.

Now that the game is out, I wanted to check to see if her spin state still truly leads to unblockables. I heard from a friend that they took it out but I think he was misled. 

So I caved and bought Ultimax. If there's anything you want me to check then I'll try to do it.

Now that the game is out, I wanted to check to see if her spin state still truly leads to unblockables. I heard from a friend that they took it out but I think he was misled. 

Nothing from the patches seem to indicate it was ever changed so I'm assuming it's still there. It's a lot harder to do than people think because she's not always able to make the opponent stand on the ground.

Random notes:

- SB Agi is super weird. I was doing the CH j.C > SB Agi combo but the fireball closer to Yukiko ends up being the B input instead of the A input, which is really annoying.

- Combos definitely are harder than before. Positioning can really mess up her combos (such as if she's too close to the corner or if she's not close enough to her opponent in the corner). You'll need alot of spacial awareness to make sure you get the most out of her combos.

- It's possible to do a j.D > falling j.B and create an unblockable set-up, although I'm not sure if I can replicate this in a match. With at least 25 meter she can get some decent damage off of it though.

- 5C/2C Dash Cancel has a lot of recovery time, which is sad. :( Very limited uses outside of combos.

Some basic combos:

Midscreen:

Most of her basic 5A confirms to Agi from P4A still work. 5AA > 5B > 5C > 2C > Agi A/B.

For the combos I list below, 214A enders can be omitted for knockdown from 5C.

5AA > 2C > 6B > 214B > 2C > 5C > 214A.

(Crouch) 5AA > 5B > 5C > 2C > 214B > 2C > 5C (> 214A)

5AA > 5BB > 5C > 2C > 214AB > 2C > 5C (> 214A). When you use 214AB you have to cancel into 2C immediately or else it'll whiff. 

5AA > 2C > 214AB > 2C > 5C > 214A. With meter she now has a solid confirm from the tip of the 5A. 

(Air) 5AA > 214B > 2C > 5C > 214A.

Maragi D > 2C > 2B > 5C > 214B > 2C > 5C > 214AB > 5C > 214A > 214214D or 236236D

FC 5D > 2C > 5C > 214B > 2C > 5C > 214AB > 2C > 5C > 214A > Agidyne C/D or Maragidyne D.

Corner:

Again, most of her basic corner combos from P4A still work.

5AA > 5B > 5C > 2C > 5B > 214B > 2C > 236A. If you're too far from the opponent before you do 214B the Agi will not connect. If you do a combo similar to this from various confirms, such as an unblockable set up or grab, make sure you run up to guarantee an Agi confirm.

(Crouch) 5AA > 5B > 5C > 2C > 214B > 2C > 5C > 236A.

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately due to school (nursing school is intense, what did I get myself into? :gonk:) I won't have the money to get the game until the US release but I'm making the usual threads (combo, Q&A etc) for P4AU so that you guys have a place to talk about it. 

Ooh, allow me to add some more info too!

In P4A, one of her specialties was punishing blue bursts with supers and even her IK. While Agidyne and Maragidyne can still punish bursts in P4U2, sadly there has been a change to her IK. It will absolutely whiff if Yukiko does it up close (you'll have to resort to Dia or a super) so instead you have to space yourself a bit. Think of 5A range but as far as that hitbox can go.

Spacing is really important to Yukiko in P4U2 now.

Detonating maragis are also different. Instead of inputting it and the simply pressing the button to release it, you now either have to hold down then release the button, or press the button twice to immediately release it.

Also, 5AAA is no longer a hard knockdown move, so you'll have to resort to something else when doing airboune combos

2aa > 2c > 6b> 214b > 2c > 214b > 5c

You can do the 2nd 214b and sakuya will cross under and you can do the behind the back shenanigans when they tech

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2b/3b anti air into 236d no longer works as a confirm :( I'd like to see what other confirms people are doing instead

Did a bit of testing on Agi earlier today:

• Agi turns into a double explosion in roughly (maybe exactly?) 90 frames (1.5 seconds) from when you first input the command.
  • Double explosion is not air tight, unfortunately, though it doesn't seem to be any more than a 2 frame gap between the two explosions.
  • Second fireball might trigger SMP on agi if both hit? Not entirely sure on this one, but you definitely don't want to use double explosion in combos if that's the case since fireball has like 2k SMP points or something insane like that.
  • OMC rehold still works ^_^

2b/3b anti air into 236d no longer works as a confirm :( I'd like to see what other confirms people are doing instead

Untech time on counter hit fans have been greatly reduced, so your preferred routes would be :

Meterless : 2B>(5AA>)5C>214B>2C>214B>5C. if you're near the corner, the 2C won't reach, so on counter fan, you'll have to run up and do 5AA to make it connect

Metered : 2B>>(5AA>)5C>214B>2C>5C>214AB>5C(>214A>214214D>214CD>236236D) this route are the most damaging ones : the more meter you put, the more damaging it is. you can also go for UB reset by replacing 214CD by 214D, and put a SB Agi on their wakeup (it's harder in this version but it still works)

Also, I've been fiddling around with Shadow Yukiko, and she has a lot of potential. The loss of the UB reset is really a problem to her game but you have very good options and insanely hard, but rewarding combos, like this one

-5AA>236A>Shadow fury>236AB>236D>214CD>214CD>release B>dash>214CD> 214CD>release A>>dash >5C>214B>214214D>214CD>236236D : 6172 damage + lv9.

Also works with the following starters : 5C, 2C (for those you want to do Shadow Fury and then dash and do 236A  and follow),5B/2B/5BB, 2AB,2D + 2AB,6D fatal (obviously),jA>5AA,jB>5A, 236C/D on ground opponent or CH air opponent.

If you feel dirty, you can also try to replace the last 214CD by a 214D and go for a fire reset : 214214CD does 4.7k raw with lv 8 on so that's that. you can also go for Maragi mid-pressure or anything you see fit really. if you love UB resets you can do 214D and then use the spin state of the throw (midscreen and corner) or the spin state of the AoA (corner only) into Shadow Fury> 236C/D>236A and the combo above (The repeat proration on Maragi make this incredibly tight though, so be prepared)

In the corner, you can go for an easier, although slightly less damaging combo

-5AA> 236A Shadow fury > 236AB> 236D>214CD>214CD> release B>214CD>214CD>release A>214CD>236236D>236236D for 5.6k + lv 9. again you have a possible reset that is far from being full proof, but still lets you deal a huge amount of damage : you end your combo with 5C>214B>214D (this one is hard as hell though)  and then try to mess up with the opponent's mind to land a UB. again you should still have meter left from shadow Fury so you can go for optimal routes like those ones

-Maragi>2C>2B>5C>214B>2C>5C>214AB>5C>214A>236236D for 5865DMG

-You should have just enough meter left to attempt this one in the corner :  214214AB>dash >2AB>214AB>236AB>5C>release B>236D>release A>dash>236236D for about 6.6K bonus combo on lv 8 !

-236236CD>2AB >236A>236236C : tightest combo when it comes to meter, but gives you 6k on lv8 (6.8k on lv9) and double detonation Agi for corner okizeme.

I think Normal Yukiko is still the stronger of the two versions but Shadow Yukiko is too fun to not play.

The loss of awakening and burst really hurts. In Shadow mode I think you just have to bide your time and

get your damage all in one go. Heavily momentum based but extremely risky.

I think Normal Yukiko is still the stronger of the two versions but Shadow Yukiko is too fun to not play.

The loss of awakening and burst really hurts. In Shadow mode I think you just have to bide your time and

get your damage all in one go. Heavily momentum based but extremely risky.

Shadow Yukiko actually benefits from the loss of Awakening : the 2k bonus health the Shadow versions have greatly compensate for this loss. not to mention the fact that being able to use Maragidyne at anytime is great, both for the neutral game and for setup combos. the fact that Shadows gain so much SP also helps her against those who just keep their burst, has you can almost always do the SB dancing flame combos, or just level up without using the Frenzy. Yukiko has an edge over her Shadow counterpart, but I still find the latter to be surprisingly viable !

It seems minazuki has a weird hitbox. CH 2C maragi loop and jC throw bait wont work on him. He will tech out of the D maragi.

It seems minazuki has a weird hitbox. CH 2C maragi loop and jC throw bait wont work on him. He will tech out of the D maragi.

Yes, a lot of combos don't work on him. You can still get the fatal combos but you'll have to get used to the difference of timing, and manually detonate the Maragis, which is a pain.