Anne

[P4AU] Shadow Labrys - General Discussion

P4U2_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Talk about all things SLab related here. Remember to stay on topic and follow the site rules ^_^

Final Changes

• General:
    Got 6 persona cards
    A bit here and there. While 6 persona cards means you'll almost never lose your persona, losing all 6 also leaves you neutered for nearly 15 seconds.

Base damage buffed
    All her base damage in P4U1 had a 0.95 multiplier applied to it and it's gone now, probably to systemically define that she isn't part of the new Shadow characters who do have a similar multiplier to their base damage. IF YOU THOUGHT SHE DIDN'T DO ENOUGH DAMAGE BEFORE, WELL...

Can activate persona moves on block
    A great buff in theory but greatly limited by the fact that most of your moves will still be interrupted anyway � your only toys here are 2C and EX moves.

Persona flashes white upon activation
    An aesthetic change, so that people will know the persona IS DOING SOMETHING. Funnily, does not flash white when performing either ground or air command grab.

Slabs normals:
    Speculation: hitstop on all normals reduced

Autocombo hop-cancellable
    One of the pieces to one of her new combo/setplay tools which allows her to force sandwich oki at midscreen: 5AAA → hc → j.2B, runjump j.A → j.B → j.A → j.214A+5C should land her crossed up and 5C immediately cancels into grab or laser oki.

2B is sped up to about Labrys-speed startup
    SHE CAN REACTIVELY ANTI-AIR ON HER OWN WOW. Also 5AA → 5B → 2B combos in the corner, nearly tripling her corner damage output off 5A (read: jump/backdash reads or any mashing reads).

2B → 5B gatling removed
    no safe~ anti-air OS for hit/block. So for better utility (faster and more damaging fatal routes) you get less safety.

either 5A/j.A level got increased or 5B/j.B startup decreased
    implication: 5A → 5B and j.A → j.B combos on standing non-CH. The j.A → j.B one is especially potent, since she gets a full combo off her regular jump-in high/low without needing meter. Combined with the new 5A route, she gets a solid 3k off her airdash high!

Sweep hop/special/DP/super-cancellable
    Tons of new potential combo routes.
    • 2A → 5B → sweep+8C → DP which does more damage than before.
    • sweep combos into fist super.
    • in Awakening, sweep+5C → Titano activate is possible
    • midscreen sweep+5C → hopcancel → j.2B possible

Sweep low profiles
      Which is a system-wide change; gives you a mid-risk/mid-reward answer to things like Mitsuru 5A

New: j.2B
      Another system-wide change, they gave everyone with j.B followups the option of doing it by itself. Mostly gives you new combo routes like the potent midscreen sweep+5C → hc → j.2B. Lets you time your juggle exactly for the aerial guillotine+5C corner knockdown; I'm also excited for the j.A → j.2B route, which lets her combo off 214A RC → iAD j.A fuzzy!

DP wallbounce nerfed
      Wallbounce now falls straight down: no easy mode 5A pickup. Followups still possible via Titano activate or a well-placed/-timed persona move. Still gives oki at midscreen so the reward's still there.

AoA~D jump/dash/special/super-cancellable
      A system change, but worth a mention anyway since this does change her corner AoA routes significantly.

Persona normals:
      • Generally seems like there's a lot of tweaks but hard to confirm visually atm.
      • All normals are special/super-cancellable ON WHIFF AND HIT which just has a CASCADE of dynamic changes to oki, pressure, combos, defense which will be written about as it comes up. The most prominent implication (imo) is that it lets you force a mixup on block e.g. blocking 2C lets you cancel into 236C and gives an almost immediate high/low/crossup mixup.

8C
        Was old 2C. xx 8C → sj.B → j.214A+214C is the new midscreen knockdown route

2C
        Was old 8C. The only normal that can benefit from the general change that she can activate persona moves in blockstun � at the moment, seems most obviously useful during Akihiko Kill Rush pressure.

5C
        • 5C chargable! You have options either delaying a mixup with 5C on block or giving you oki if they late-tech your 5C.
        • 5C corner knockdown is her new intense setplay corner setup since 5C cancels into laser and lets her safejump them too.
        • 5C super cancels also give her new Titano activate routes and lets her cancel into punch super for more damaging damage/kill routes than before.
        • If sandwiched, 5C knockdown more or less gives her her old oki options.

5D
          Block can be toggled by pressing D once, instead of having to hold D like in P4U1 though the option still remains. In fact, it remains necessary if you wish to persona block + hop/roll at once.

speculation: 2C lock happens as soon as persona disappears (as opposed to about a second after disappearing)

speculation: 2C faster startup

speculation: 8C recovery reduced

Slabs specials:
          Ground guillotines lost first hit, don't knockdown but ground bounce. A/B techable, EX comboable. A version damage reduction.
          Forces you to ~collude with your persona for knockdowns which limits the potential for her old oki, as she must use 5C or 214C for the knockdown. Sorashido seems to err on priming a laser anyway and just trying to pressure off their tech if he gets an autocombo.

On the flipside, actually gives you more damage routes with meter since you can now combo into D fist super and combo into Brutal A without persona. EX lets you link 5B on hit WHICH IS INSANE. Seems a lot harder to react to on block now

Air guillotines also now do techable ground bounce
          Same like ground version, it forces synergy with persona for the knockdown. Also same like ground, gives her new combo options. lets her combo into D fist super or Brutal A without persona. Still lets her j.214A/B → Titano activate → 5A on fatal.

A limiting factor to her grab trap setplay: she now can't reset grab trap into grab trap without spending meter.

EX air guillotine unchanged
          CLEARLY not actually a change, but it's worth mentioning that she has the option to spend meter to get stronger variants of her old oki since it leaves her more + on hit (like a safe-jump grab trap).

New: chain knuckle � 236A/B
          Labrys's chain knuckle without the followups. Main uses at the moment is general full-screen ground harrassment without giving ground herself or corner fatal combo routes. EX wallbounces at midscreen.

New: EX Brutal Impact
          Different activation time, ie. different superflash → activation ratio than the other two. Highest minimum damage at 1.8k~.

Persona specials:
          • so Word of Omex is that cancelled specials are new variants, meaning some of these �changes� might just be the attributes of the new variants and P4U versions may still exist. CAN'T CLARIFY MUCH TILL WE GET THE GAME I GUESS.

Laser has less hits before flames

Primarily affects its optimal midscreen mixup range to be a lot farther from the persona than now. Also I think might make the iAD j.A → crossup j.B mixup impossible to setup/capitalise on?

That said, DP CH knockdown spacing is just about the right space for a damaging laser mixup.

Hammer earthquake not a low anymore

Instead of getting a 1k unblockable sometimes, you now get a definite 1k buff to all your midscreen relaunch juggles my heart bleeds

EX Hammer does 2 punches

Probably one of the better moves to try and spam on block with the new activation-during-blockstun buff, especially since you shouldn't have to let go of block and you should be able to time the input during blockstun and keep yourself safe

Ground grab

Put together she seems to have lost all capability to repeat the grab trap meterlessly. Off grab, she needs to EX guillotine or punch super/Brutal to knockdown at all and only the former can setup a grab. Off j.A she still gets (a more damaging) juggle but she must do hammer to knockdown which she can't grab out of. In fact, it looks like her only meterless grab setup is sweep and throw and she can't reset the grab trap into either.

That said, grabs now incur status effects: C does poison (fears on fatal), D does silence and EX does fear. Since she can't really spend the meter to spam Titano as much, the focus might shift to spending meter on EX grab setups/EX guillotine knockdowns for fear setups. EX grab especially looks promising since it can be very easily forced on block even in P4U.

Titanomachia

[*]5-second cooldown even when interrupted[*]an icon above super meter shows number of moves left in Titano sequence[*]air activate now recovery till landing + landing recovery[*]likely due to tweaked persona move recovery, all Titano sequences have changed timing � as yet does not have braindead terrible mixup sequences/damage confirms [*]screen now darkened while Titano is active[*]Titano flames at least seem to have lost its no-tech-decay status. In fact it appears if you hit any version of Brutal before flames, flames will likely let them tech immediately.

Put together, Titano seems much less scammy, and instead is more focused towards becoming a high-damage mid-combo tool in Awakening.

Some specifics:

[*]2C → 214C, 236C → end, 5C → 236C, 5C → 2C, 5C → Titano activate → Titano end all combo by themselves

[*]8C → 5C now links using a TK j.214B instead of [aircombo] j.214A

New: air persona grab ([2]8C/D) ie. Public Execution

Starts up with persona disappearing briefly like 2C but then lunges upward for a grab. Can be comboed into. Wallbounces but does not knock down. EX headbutts three times. Hitbox seems fairly restricted so it's not an easymode reset off her new groundbounce techs, though EX might not suffer from such things.

Seems like you can only get a knockdown with Brutal, so setplay potential looks very limited.

Most prominent new combo route is Brutal A → (EX?) air grab → Brutal B. The validity of this route suggests that it may also not suffer hitstun decay like Titano variants

New: EX fist super

A great new combo tool – does more damage than D, starts up like C, recovers faster than either, floats opponent longer/higher than either.

One new combo route is xx sweep → DP → EX fist → 2B aircombo. Another is EX fist → Brutal A.

New: EX Titano

??? all I vaguely heard in this version is that it has an even larger base damage on flames than regular Titano

Edited by AnneIFrank

well let's start this thread off then.

it is very apparent to see the persona move cancelling in these matches here. Seems like the rule is the bull can special cancel its normals.

and that's already showing some really interesting applications: 5C -> 214C oki for what looks like a meaty earthquake, although it seems it is not low anymore unfortunately. 5C -> 236C looks like it could be incredibly good for pressure and possibly for combos off a 5C starter, I imagine you can chain consecutive mixups on block during this sequence.

also note, command grab startup is super fast (3:29), lasers even EX have reduced startup, 8C recovery is reduced, 2C might be faster startup too?

This sub-forum is fail.

Starting information dump.

- 2AB itself only combos into R-action or bull super punch (236236 C/CD)

- bull flashes every time it does a move except guarding

- 8C (flames formerly 2C) does lesser hitstun

- bull laser hits lesser times and explosion after at end of the beam does lesser hitstun as well

- 236A (Chain knuckle) does not combo from 5B

- 236A 3/4 screen length knocks away from hit, 236B more startup than 236A nearly full screen wall bounces near the corner, 236AB same startup as 236B hits full screen and wall bounces mid screen

- you can follow up 5C with chain knuckle if you are not in position to do anything else

- bull guard allows either toggle method which you press D bull will guard by itself without you holding the button or holding D down and it will behave like in p4u

- if you use toggle style guard for bull you can cancel its guard by doing any bull moves. Yes ANY BULL MOVES from bull normals to special to supers

- note that if you use toggle method for bull to guard, press A+C,2A+C,jA+C will activate bull. Also pressing r-action B+D will reverse bull's guard(E.g. If bull is guarding while you do R-action it will stop guarding and vice versa)

- bull can cancel its normals to either its own specials or supers

- which leads into this new combo - 2B > jB > jA > 214A > 8C > jB > jA > j214A+C which the last part does Shabrys' Guillotine Axe and bull's Buffalo's hammer at the same time. Damage from this combo is about 3.2K

- so the new aerial ending combo is jB > jA > j214A+C do note that this will not work if bull is not there

- my experience is that some of the old combos are not safe on hit as the hitstun has been reduced on some moves or guillotine axe no longer doing a hard knockdown

- Challenge Authority does more minimum damage now and the SB version is 3K damage on raw hit. Basically it is more damaging

- there's no SB version of brutal impact

- Titanomachia is sick now. Its even faster than p4u. How fast is it? 5C> 236C combos in Titanomacha

- Massive slaughter ( [4]+6C/D/CD ) doesn't allow you to do the same combo as before. The hitstun deterioration is pretty high. You are likely to need a new combo after it

- New move which I dunno its name ([2]+8C/D/CD) is a hit grab. C version bull barely moves bull hits twice and you cannot follow up, D version bull moves and slides forward hits 3 times and you can follow up with a combo if it hits raw. SB version is basically D version but less startup. If used in a combo, again hit stun deterioration is very high.

- E.g combo into the new command grab is 5A>A>[2]+8D>A>A>214B (about 2.2K damage) Note that I can't find anything else good to follow after [2]+8D because the hit stun deterioration is very high. Could probably end with brutal impact A version? needs more testing

Edited by kilvear
typos

omg Kilvear, are you the same Singaporean Kilvear?

and you can see the new j.214A+C knockdown combo here. there's another Slabs match earlier that also shows at about 4:01~ that shows C command grab does poison ie yay they kept the status effects on those!

Some corrections

- [2]+8CD hits for times

- SB chain knuckle does not reach full screen

New information

- [4]+6C if it lands during opponent's fatal frames changes from poison to fear

- also its possible to follow up [4]+6C/D/CD with 2B > jB > jA > j214A but it is tight. Also you can do 8C after j214A once the bull recover but the hit stun deterioration is so bad they recover between the hits of 8C

- so far I find buffalo hammer (214C/D/CD) more useful and i try to hide what my bull is doing so they can't see what my bull is doing also forcing them to jump so I can land my 2B. SB version is great for oki setup

- hades flames (236C/D/CD) because it hits lesser times it usually won't push the opponent into the explosion unless the opponent gets hit from the start. This applies for all versions

- its actually possible to follow to do 2B > jB > jB > j214B or 8C > jB > jB > j214B. It doesn't work on the second rep though. So the second rep you are back to jB > jA > j214A

- I found that after 5aaaa > [2]+8D its possible to follow up with A version of brutal impact. The damage is meh. It is possible to follow up B version of brutal impact I can only seem to land it with the SB verion of [2]+8D so the combo is 5aaaa > [2]+8CD > 214214B note you need to delay your 214214B a bit as it activate before [2]+8CD animation ends(the damage is about 3.2k? nothing to really be crazy about). I will remind myself to try if I can use challenge authority to follow up.

- Titanomachia if done in the air you will not only have landing recovery, you cannot block all the way down

P.S. I need to think of Titanomachia setups.

omg Kilvear, are you the same Singaporean Kilvear?

Yes

Hi Kilvear! How have you been? Didn't know you picked up Slabs too!

anyway dropping this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtHne9vxKMY

completely forgot that she has j.2B now

being able to have 5C sandwich oki midscreen on command will be amazing, and if your back is far enough away from the corner you can actually hide the bull off-screen aaaaaaa

looks like bull normals are special and super cancellable while specials are super-cancellable just like a normal character

SB Brutal Impact (which... exists?) does 1.8k minimum (P4U A does 900 and B does ~1.4)

Titano 8C 5C routes still workable, so probably anything using that in P4U can be adapted in P4U2 by using TK j.214B to link 8C -> 5C instead of like sj.B j.214A

Before I start posting some more infor. I like to say, "FUCK YOU ARCSYS FOR ADDING TRAINING MODE AFTER I LEFT JAPAN"

Anyways again some corrections

- there's SB brutal impact, it behaves exactly like B brutal impact just more damage. So A version does 3000 raw , B does 4500 raw and SB does 6000 raw

information

- you can hop cancel your 5aaa and best done on third hit

- totally forgot j2B exists but its a good mid screen combo from hop canceled 5aaa

- it is possible to combo titanomachia from j214B by super cancelling into titanomachia (input 8C then 236C) after j214B then 5a > ja. No longer able to verify what kind of sick setups you can do since I am no longer in Japan

- found an easy 4K+ combo with A brutal impact. 2B > jB > jA > j214B > 8C > jB > jA > j214A+C > 214214A note you need to slightly delay 214214A so that you are not too early which causes you to whiff as buffalo hammer hasn't hit or too late when buffalo hammer hits before brutal hammer does. Simply you are trying to use buffalo hammer to hit the opponent into brutal impact. Essentially the ending part jB > jA > j214A+C > 214214A can be used do end your combos

- it is likely that buffalo hammer no longer hits low. unable to verify. it is up to the Japanese players now to figure this out.

Lastly just something if you registered on the p4u2 player's guild.

http://sp.p4u2.tv/ranking_view.php?mode=exe&type=psr_rank&character=ls&pref=0

This is the listing for the top PSR shabrys players.

P.S. Jose thought out of most of the shit I tested during my trip in Japan.

Edited by kilvear
JOSE LOVE NOTE!

We completely lost our okizeme options with the 214X nerf :|

Why did they do that? Shabrys IS a mixup/okizeme character. Or at least was supposed to be...

I don't get it.

We completely lost our okizeme options with the 214X nerf :|

Why did they do that? Shabrys IS a mixup/okizeme character. Or at least was supposed to be...

I don't get it.

j.214AB gives old j.214X KD. 214C/D also KDs and has been an ender for a few Shabrys players. 5C has also been used since it can be canceled into Laser and it's a safejump. She gets combos off any hit and corner carries with a 5C slide KD. She looks like a much better character now.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22549927

aaaaa

- 2A 5B 2A+B 5C can be extended midscreen with hop-cancel j.2B!!!

- 5A 5B and j.A j.B both combo on standing now

- corner full laser hit combo does 4.7k meterless and goes straight into

- a rather evil 5C -> 236C + jump-back j.B safe jump corner oki

- bull normals can cancel on whiff as well as on hit

basically, she's crazy buffed now that she not only gets more damage than before but she has the impunity to force various kinds of mixup on knockdown but more importantly on block. being able to get a meterless confirm off the high in the basic airdash j.A/land 2A mixup + hop-cancel j.2B midscreen combo routes are just the icing.

WELL in the stream archives Kurushii just posted, Sorashido demonstrated that the CV-impractical 214A RC iAD j.A fuzzy is actually now practical!

In the corner: iAD j.A j.2B land 5B 2B aircombo stuff WORKS PERFECTLY WELL

also lol the bull absorbs half the hits of Yukari's mahagarula lolol Slabs cheesy Awakening super > Yukari's cheesy Awakening super

Ok after seeing sorashido win by itself the urban square 3on3, i take back everything i said, she is incredibly stronger than before.

Her midscreen combo is completely insane with any starter, and she can get tons of damage out of pretty much everything

Some notable frame data differences based on what I can understand from the Mook:

2A: Static Diff is now -3 and not -1.

5B: Startup is 2 frames faster (13), but recovery is 2 frames slower (21) and Static Diff is -8. Also, damage is now 700 instead of 950.

2B: Startup is 5 frames faster (20), but recovery is 5 frames slower (25) and Static Diff is -12 (yikes). Also, head invul for frames 7-23.

j.B: Startup is 2 frames faster (15), but recovery is 2 frames slower (14).

A bit hard to navigate this stuff, not knowing Japanese, heh. Particularly, I wanted to check the Asterius frame data since that's where the major changes seem to be with Shadow Labrys, but I can't really tell which moves refer to what, even when I compare the numbers to their original ones.

Edited by FluxWaveZ

Hey guys, I know the P4U threads are generally pretty dead, but I had a question regarding this character. I was thinking of messing around with her since I really like her mixup game, the problem is I play on pad. I've heard that Shabrys isn't all that bad for pad players, but I'd like a second opinion. Would it just be as simple as mapping D to a shoulder button or are there better ways to go about it. My current setup is have C mapped to R1 and D mapped to L1.

I'm also having issues with unwanted Asterius moves coming out. For example, I do an AoA and use C as the launcher, but that causes Knuckle Train to come out making me unable to end the combo with Flame of Hades. How do you guys bypass this?

I'm sure these are all entry level puppet character questions, but they've always spooked me in terms of execution requirements, so this is my first foray into this character archetype.

Thanks in advance (I was gonna post this in the Q&A thread but it was locked so...)

Concerning your pad problem, i can't really help you since i play with a stick

About the unwanted Asterius moves, unless you keep holding D before the AoA for example, Asterius will always do a C move if you press C (and D move if you press D). To bypass this, you either hold D all the time (D has priority over everything else), or you change your combo.

In P4A, i was doing AoA > 8C (AoA launcher + 8C punch input) > J.A > J.214A > Asterius 8C hits > 214B.

Another example : stuff > J.b > j.2369C (double jump because of 9 + 236C laser input) > j.a > j.214A (land) > Asterius 236C comes out > stuff

Shortcuts are your friend. If you ever played the KoF serie, you probably used them already

So, still nobody playing her? lol

She gained damage but she lost a lot of okizeme techs midscreen. If you can't end your combo with 214C you'll go back to neutral game, which happens a lot at my level at least.

The cross up / fake cross up game is gone too, except in a very few cases.

She's more execution heavy, but in corner your opponent will cry tears of blood. 

214A/B/C became a legit overhead, as they removed the two first hits. It's a buff and a nerf at the same time since AA > 214A is no longer blockstring and can be DP'ed.

6 persona cards is HEAVEN. 

Overall she's been buffed. But she requires much more work to shine than before. At least that's how I feel about her :P

Finally, I was waiting for somebody to post something, anything. Every other characters' threads have revived activity since the japanese release except Shabrys. All the things I've learned I've gotten from watching videos and from BananaKen. I think she's leagues better than her P4A version. Actually being able to do damage makes me feel like one of the big boys finally. 

As for her mid-screen oki, I think I prefer 214C oki over the old 214A. I feel like my options for mix-up are much more solid and safe. She gets cross-up/non cross-ups, empty jump low, empty jump throw etc. I love it. My biggest problem right now is trying to figure out the best way to combo into 5C because that gives her all the options in the world. As of right now I only know one combo into 5C and its not that good. I've seen videos of people going into it off so much stuff. I have study them more to see what they're doing.

Well I noticed that dj.B+C (hold C) > dj.BB > j.214A gives you the exact timing for C to connect after j.214A. Obviously it's corner only but it works fine.

Combo is like : 5AA > 5B > 2B > j.2B > dj.B+C (hold C) > dj.BB > j.214B > 5C (hit) > 236C for oki

Now holding C while doing j.BB > j.214B is kinda annoying. But with some work it will be ok I guess.

Also, doing j.214A+C will assure 214C to connect (if it's the good combo obviously)

Now what I find annoying is that you need to hold D sometimes for the persona to not do stupid things during your combos. Especially in 5AAA > 2A+C > j.2B > stuff. If you want the 214C oki, you'll need to hold D from 5AAA to j.2B, otherwise it will either whiff or never comes out.

My hands are hurting.

Cool stuffs :

B+D counter > delay SB 236236CD connects from all ranges, allowing a 3k combo.

2B > [2]8C will combo as well. Didn't try with SB version.

SB [2]8C+D into 214214B will combo.

Best combo route i found for AoA in corner is AoA (D followup) > 5A > 5B > 2B > air combo

CH 5A > 2B works

This character is funnier now. Traded some midscreen oki, titan being extremely stupid, and a few other things but gained damage and better bull utility. Any hit can potentially be 4k+ from her now with a bit of meter. Which shouldn't be a problem since her meter gain is still great. Corner oki is also really good and almost always leads to around 3k+ back into the same setup.

An example of her damage is the 7.5k corner combo off 5A in vid I saw yesterday:

5AA 5B 2B j.2B j.BB(5C) j.214B *5C hits* 214214C(5C) 2A+B B+D 214214 *5C hits* *Fire* 214214]B[ 2[8]D *2[8]D hits* A+C 214214 214214]B[ - 7574, 150% no OMB.

The A+C is so you can roll into the corner and hit them when the bull stops headbutting the fuck out of them for a good 4-5 seconds.

It's a shame Japan and most of America don't care about this character. Oh well.

It's just after the hitstop.

When 214214B hits, Shabrys stops for like 30 frames or so. When you see her moving again, delay a little further (like 5 frames) and 28D

The timing is not so obvious. But this is a combo not pratical at all in a match. By the time you get 150 tension, except if you gold burst, the opponent won't have enough HP to survive the first 214214B. Probably.

Cool stuffs :

B+D counter > delay SB 236236CD connects from all ranges, allowing a 3k combo.

Wow I just tried it, it really works. The hitbox looks so bugged though. lol

Any tips on delaying this? The timing seems to be very strict

It's not bugged, the hitbox was always meant to be freakin' huge. 236236D vanilla was the same.

I don't have the timing down yet. I believe it's when the character begins to fall off, but it needs more testing

I'm spending my time running after the opponent and not mixing him up.

I fail my combos because my persona is doing something else at the same time.

I can't corner carry.

My okizeme sux.

I hate myself for not playing her as I should. BUT SHE IS TOO HARD FU

I know that feel.

Especially the 5AAA into hop cancel j2B throws me off guard. Sometimes I do OMB due to missinput lol

Her 2B is godlike I hit very often with it and its easy to confirm after it

Her 2A combos are very basic and good corner carry.

Once you have the opponent in the corner its over for him ... Asterius makes so many strings save.  But its very hard to react to some of Asterius hits so I end up getting some random hits here and there lol

And the worst thing: I cant get the 28D after 214214B ...

But you know its still week one xD