Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Loketest Info/Discussion

Use this thread to post info and discuss Sol Badguy in Xrd location tests. I will update this post as info comes.

Upcoming Loketest
Loketest #4: 2/3/2014 - 2/9/2014

General Info
  • As with other characters, Sol seems most similar to his #R iteration. No Sidewinders or Clean Hits.
  • Dustloop is possible.
  • Grand Viper is old style, where it ends with the uppercut.
  • Riot Stamp allows a follow-up combo meterless on normal hit.
  • Bandit Bringer causes ground bounce on hit.
  • Fafnir is in, not cancelable into.
  • Dragon Install can be performed in air.
  • NEW MOVE: Kudakero (j.214K), a dive kick special.
  • NEW MOVE: P.B.B. (within Dragon Install j.623K), Sol performs an airdash into a grab on hit, block-able.
  • Tyrant Rave within Dragon Install creates a giant beam for the 2nd attack, does lots of damage.
  • Kudakero, Riot Stamp within Dragon Install creates a huge explosion.
  • New Dust animation, looks similar to first hit of Tyrant Rave.

Images

character_cmndlist_sol.png

2nd Loketest Info

Translated from GGXX/Xrd Wiki thanks to Final Ultima and xlolxlolx
  • Gun Flame: Hitbox possibly huge
  • Gun Flame (Feint): Builds more tension
  • S Volcanic Viper: Hitbox smaller than #Reload
  • Tataki Otoshi: Hitbox smaller, can't delay long
  • Bandit Bringer: Might not hit at the very tip?
  • Fafnir: Can't cancel into it, hit causes slide, CH causes tumbling, haven't found a way to combo off the tumble meterlessly mid-screen yet
  • Riot Stamp: No added benefit to CH (I assume due to the whole second hit thing), can air dash after second hit on hit or block, on hit you can do something like air dash j.S/HS/D > SVV -> TO
  • Kudakero: (I have no idea what the first part is trying to say), unsafe on block
  • Dragon Install: (Again, no idea what the first part is trying to say), air HSVV same as ground?
  • New gatling: 2S > 6HS
  • 6P: Same as #Reload (2K > 6P is possible but you can't delay the gatling)
  • 2HS: CH is weaker than it was in #Reload
  • 6HS: One hit, normal hit knocks down, CH floats, can probably RC to follow it up
  • Kudakero: hits mid, if theyre too close up the 2nd hit whiffs alot, midscreen hit cant do anything off it, corner hit maybe meterless pickup? looks like guaranteed punish on block

4th Loketest Info

From Sol's command list on the GGXrd official website.
  • Dragon Install command changed: now 214214HS instead of 214214S.

Translated from Guilty Gear Xrd BBS and GGXX-BBS Xrd thanks to Final Ultima (with help from xlolxlolx)

• Kudakero combos from j.D, but doing multiple hits into it prevents the ground bounce from connecting (due to positioning, you need to be above the opponent). After the ground bounce, it's possible to follow-up with 5K.
  • (DI) Tyrant Rave ver.Beta blast damage deals 50% raw to Sol and May at max life (and about 60% to Chipp). Chip damage reduced.
  • When Dragon Install ends, the Tension Gauge automatically drops to 0.
  • Dizzy animation seems short. Sol says "Konna mon ka" ("Is this it?") during it.

Thanks to ElvenShadow

• Getting knocked down does not end Dragon Install.

some loketest 3 info

Just did Sol's IK the start up animation is kinda similar to Fafnir then he charge his sword just like trailer 2 and stab with it then the whole place explode.

There is a special wining animation for the IK

I can confirm that Sol has a different IK during DI because I got that screen when I did it
Sol can do bandit revolver loop
Sol can run under Pot 6hs

... And he can run under Fa rerere scalpel

Riot stomp looks safer on block compared to last loketest

OK I am gonna post some of Sol's changes from the location test:

-In the 2nd loketest BR connect from 2D at Max range but now it only connect after being really close from the enemy and K>S>2D and still BR whiff some times which made me lose a lot of match's.

- If you remember #R Sols BR loop : (5K > 5S > BR) ?

That didn't work in the previous loke test but now it connects.

- Finally the thing that I think it needs some adjustment because I don't want Sol to end up as an overpowered character!

Remember the air command grab during dragon install ?

Guess what ?

That grab can be used as an air combo ender after j.D!

And the damage is ridiculous!

I did wild throw into jS>jD>jS>jD>Air Grab on Axl and it did over 5o% damage!

That's what I saw so far.

BTW after leaving the loke test i went to a near by restaurant and while i was having dinner i imagined a combo that Sol could do during DI!

I went back to club Sega to test it out and it worked!

the combo goes like this :

5K > 6P > DI > 5K > 2HS sjc j.S > j.D > j.214K(Dive Kick) > j.S > j.D > j.623K (Air command grab)

that combo did about 60% on Slayer

60% on Slayer? P.B.B. must be ridiculous.

First edit:

Ok how about i give you more details regarding Sol Moves:

Bandit Bringer 236[K]:

Normal) causes ground bounce on hit.

Dragon Install) causes slide on hit.

Air Bandit Revolver 236K:

Normal) Similar to Relaod.

Dragon Install) Now flames even in the air and hit effect is similar to AC .

Second edit: Some new stuff from GGXXWiki.

• Confirming that Dragon Install can be performed mid-air. (Thanks for that.)
  • 2D seems smaller?
  • DI Fafnir - Deals 3 hits, causes slide on hit. Can be followed up in the corner.
  • DI Kudakero - The flames produced upon landing become large. It's more like an explosion than a pillar of fire.
  • BR and BB have jump property added. (I assume this means that they auto-Jump Install.)

There's also a description of Sol's Instant Kill, but it's more or less the same description we got from king of heart earlier.

so the best dust combo for sol is back to 5D > jD > jD > jK > jS > jK > jS > jc jS > VV?

at least i think that's what it was, been too long since reload

Can't be 100% certain, but I don't see why that basic route shouldn't still work. He'll have new ones though, with the new dash cancel dust thing, probably leading to dustloop. and possibly you can make use of Kudakero and/or air DI in dust combos now.

Some new stuff from the current loketest:-

Kudakero combos from j.D, but doing multiple hits into it prevents the ground bounce from connecting (due to positioning, you need to be above the opponent). After the ground bounce, it's possible to follow-up with 5K.
(DI) Tyrant Rave ver.Beta blast damage deals 50% raw to Sol and May at max life (and about 60% to Chipp).
When Dragon Install ends, the Tension Gauge automatically drops to 0. (Changed back to the way it was? Faint and Negative Penalty status currently unknown). Dizzy animation seems short. Sol says "Konna mon ka" ("Is this it?") during it.

Sol DI IK is the same I think, just he looks like a gear

Dang, oh well.

The important thing is that we have confirmation that Dragon Install isn't fully based on the Slash version (the whole "Tension Gauge drops to 0 when DI ends" change had me kinda worried).

I think someone asked if sweeping sol in DI mode causes DI mode to end. The answer is no

Dang, oh well.

The important thing is that we have confirmation that Dragon Install isn't fully based on the Slash version (the whole "Tension Gauge drops to 0 when DI ends" change had me kinda worried).

I seriously cannot wait for this to hit consoles!

If only America had arcades like Japan. But since we do not, consoles!

I should of been like ElvenShadow and moved to Japan!

In the Sol vs Faust match, at 14:20 he does a point blank 6H on block and doesn't cancel to anything, seems to get punished easily by Faust's 2P. Looks like it doesn't push back as far as Sol's old one or Order-Sol's.

And a Sol vs Ky match from last night's stream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X34qZNepLaA&t=10m10s

Not much to note in it, but danger time happens at 11:25.

Hey there folks, I main O-sol but since it seems he's not gonna be in this game and since my sub (Slayer) feels kinda underwhelming so far I've been looking around. The new DI has me very excited for Sol and I'm seriously considering switching to him for Xrd. All those buffs he gets and the new move that he can only do in DI and everything, it's just epic and exciting so as someone who loves install supers I'm drawn to this stuff.

I don't have much to add, just felt like sharing my hype. :D

I think you'll be happy then, they seem to be making an effort to make DI practical with all the new stuff they've done with it.

I can't wait for people to explore air DI in combos, such as after a dustloop perhaps. Also reward off WT while in DI will be way better than ever before I imagine thanks to all the new stuff.

Since loketests are over, I am locking this thread. Please use the gameplay discussion thread now:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?18879-Xrd-Sol-Badguy-Gameplay-Discussion

Video thread is also open now, post videos in there, starting with the ASW restream. I'll post links with timestamps to the Sol matches shortly, unless someone kindly does so before me.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?18867-Xrd-Sol-Badguy-Video-Thread

Discussion of videos should take place in the gameplay discussion thread.