LegendaryRath

[P4AU] Teddie Gameplay Discussion

At the moment, Teddie does not have an active moderator. I'll do my best to sort of overlook his forums for the time being, as well as update the video thread. Sometime tomorrow I'll get around to organizing footage there. Since it's likely going to take a few hours, I'm choosing to put it off until then.

I'm far from being a good Teddie player, but since he's pretty fun, I'll try my best to keep up with him. Which players do you believe are worth following? At the moment, the only notable player I have listed is Souji.

Hagiwara and Saiting come to mind. Also thanks for helping out the Teddie forums, Rath

No problem. Video thread has been updated with all the footage on Jourdal's channel from the last two weeks. I'll probably update every few days, at least once per week.

Anytime you do not see a player name listed, that's just because I can't confirm who it is. There was some good footage of Souji and Hagiwara in there, as well as a tutorial (but it's hard to understand).

So what new items does Teddie have? So far, new items include three new figures (one what vanishes and slashes forwards, one waht acts like a lighting rod and one which hops across the ground) and a scooter.

Alright, this thread has been dead long enough.
Here's a list of changes and other things I've noticed about Teddie

• Mystery food X actually inflicts roughly 2 counts of silence and then 2 counts of poison.

• You can now hold down missile's without them exploding for a longer period of time.

•If Teddie is hit while missile is out, the missile will immediately disappear without exploding.

• Combo rate increased from 65% to 70%. Things like (starter) > JA > JB > JA > D.JA > JB now works outside FC.
Example corner combo with 50 meter: 5AA > 5B > JC > JA > 5B > 5C > 2B > JA > J236A > 236236[D] > 2AB > ]D[ > 844 JC > 5AAA > JB.

• Teddie players sometimes throw out two of the same item(s) in a row. Like here for example, Teddie throws muscle drink > Pinwheel > Muscle drink. Not sure how/why this happens.

• Cross up JB's and other awkward OTG hits are much easier to confirm than before thanks to the new auto combo.

Kintoki Douji has projectile invuln in his throwing animation

That's all for now :toot:

I'd like to thank everyone who has been posting in the video thread. I'll take the time this weekend to update the main post with those matches and also add drop-downs for notable players. 

Hopefully we can find a Teddie mod after the game drops on console.

edit: woah, I forgot I said I'd try to update each week. Man... I... I'm sorry haha. I'm not even good enough to do that with my own forums sometimes.

I'd like to thank everyone who has been posting in the video thread. I'll take the time this weekend to update the main post with those matches and also add drop-downs for notable players. 

Hopefully we can find a Teddie mod after the game drops on console.

edit: woah, I forgot I said I'd try to update each week. Man... I... I'm sorry haha. I'm not even good enough to do that with my own forums sometimes.

I'm willing to take time to do this and organize the threads.  Few other people seem to have the enthusiasm for this character that I do.  I check for new footage pretty much daily, and I'll be posting new stuff as I see it henceforth.  Ask Shinsyn and Nobody.exe if you need reference.

New items and a short description of them.  This is to the best of my knowledge at this point:

1) Gray hopping robot - lands and performs a sequence of jumps in the direction teddie was facing when he dropped the items, jumps do not combo into each other. item will eat projectiles. disappears after a certain # of jumps, hits taken, or if Teddie is hit;

2) Stereo - lands and pauses before speaker turns on, creating a hit box in the location of the item with quite a few active frames.  It looks like an electrocution animation on hit, but it does not cause paralysis like the lightning drum does. lots and lots of stun if opponent is forced to block it

3) scooter keys - if Teddie grabs the keys that drop, a scooter will appear and travel one corner of the screen to the other.  Scooter then appears a second time and travels the opposite direction  On hit, this first scooter causes spin state and combos into the second scooter.  There are times only one scooter appears, but I'm not sure what conditions this happens under

4) Mysterious mechanical item thing - item disappears once it hits the ground.  after a small delay, it reappears with an active hit box and quickly moves a chunk of distance horizontally before disappearing a final time.  I'm not certain of its properties on hit.  This item is the one I know least about, but the initial impression is that it does not appear to be one of Teddie's stronger items

Is there any point in using A Nihil Hand over B? It seems like both are identical except that B Nihil does 400 more damage.

Are there any changes to the distance covered by Bearscrews? SB Bearscrew having projectile invul means it'd be much more viable against opponents like Yukiko.

3) The scooter does two passes from one corner to the other if Teddie grabs the keys. If the opponent grabs them, it only does one pass.

4) It's some kind of ninja robot, like Teddie's green or red rocket items. It disappears and begins to move in one direction across the screen. When/if it reaches a certain distance from the opponent, it quickly appears and does a shin cut that causes soft knockdown. Hits low, so in the future I expect to see gimmick unblockables with it and Teddie's AoA.

Teddie notes from 1.1.  Link is here

• Auto Combo 3rd Hit: 4th strike of the move now adds a SP Gauge increase bonus. 4th strike can no longer be jump-cancelled, or P Comboed. 3rd strike’s properties made the same as the 4th.
  • Crouch D, Jump ↓D: P Combo routes increased, can now be done when D and Jump D can be done.
  • Sweep: Hurtbox adjusted.
  • Nani ga Deru Kuma SP: Unusable shortened, total frames reduced. Persona disappearance time shortened.

Is there any point in using A Nihil Hand over B? It seems like both are identical except that B Nihil does 400 more damage.

Are there any changes to the distance covered by Bearscrews? SB Bearscrew having projectile invul means it'd be much more viable against opponents like Yukiko.

Wait Nihil hand? I'm guessing that's a Shadow Teddie only move since that move did come from our wonderful Nihilistic side of the bear. '3'

Also I'm not exactly sure where to put this so would it be okay if I ask where I should post the news about Rise being a playable character?

Hmmm... Nani ga Deru Kuma... That would mean "Wonder what'll come out Kuma/Teddie?" in a rough-ish translation. So does that mean there's an SP version of Teddie's item throwing?

If so, it's a safe guess to say that Teddie might have another list of items he can throw out (not sure if this was already said though).

Wait Nihil hand? I'm guessing that's a Shadow Teddie only move since that move did come from our wonderful Nihilistic side of the bear. '3'

Also I'm not exactly sure where to put this so would it be okay if I ask where I should post the news about Rise being a playable character?

Hmmm... Nani ga Deru Kuma... That would mean "Wonder what'll come out Kuma/Teddie?" in a rough-ish translation. So does that mean there's an SP version of Teddie's item throwing?

If so, it's a safe guess to say that Teddie might have another list of items he can throw out (not sure if this was already said though).

Both Teddie's have Nihil Hand. Only difference is Teddie appears as a giant for his and Shadow Teddie has his boss from P4 appear.

You should use the [P4AU] News and Gameplay Discussion Thread, which can be found here

Nihil hand is Teddie's new uppercut super.  Both Teddie and Shadow Teddie can use it.  If you want to see the animation, you'll see it at the end of this combo video.

Nani ga Deru Kuma is another new super where Teddie throws three items out at once.  There is apparently an SB version of it like there are SB versions of other supers.  I wish I was more clear on what you get for that additional meter burned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0lBlMRn2bY#t=1594

From right here it seems like we can do Teddie's AoA in midair now. Thank god they did that. Though... that doesn't change the fact it's still kinda... horrible in the end.

Plus since the Teddie player couldn't do it, I'm not sure if we can follow up with the rest of the AoA if it's done in the air...

Also in the second round, when KD (Kintouki Douji) throws an item one time, he threw it again when he was still out. That might be the explanation for the three items popping out thing you told us Wiredgod. Since when I saw that it didn't have like a blue aura effect like all SB versions of attacks do as I remember.

I thought that AoA change was one of the first ones we've heard of in P4U2 :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0lBlMRn2bY#t=1594

From right here it seems like we can do Teddie's AoA in midair now. Thank god they did that. Though... that doesn't change the fact it's still kinda... horrible in the end.

Plus since the Teddie player couldn't do it, I'm not sure if we can follow up with the rest of the AoA if it's done in the air...

Also in the second round, when KD (Kintouki Douji) throws an item one time, he threw it again when he was still out. That might be the explanation for the three items popping out thing you told us Wiredgod. Since when I saw that it didn't have like a blue aura effect like all SB versions of attacks do as I remember.

I'm pretty sure he was just delaying the item toss by holding down D. Nani ga Deru Kuma is a new super (like Teddie Circus), with a superflash and everything. We probably won't get to know what the SB version is like since I doubt it'd be popping up in tournaments right now.

Looks like even Aigis can't beat the dark carnivore of unfair cross ups and combos of despair... Chie........ =_=
Edit: Oooooooh I finally see it okay... giot it!

*Cough Ahem* Anyways, the auto-combo seems to be really useful now that I think about it. I see it be used in a lot of combos and in the pressure games. Any follow-ups on this? I'm not exactly an expert at deducting what I see so that's why I ask. Whatd'ya guys think?

From the latest patch, the nerfs for Teddie doesn't look like he was affected as much as i was worried about. Except for the meter gain on his auto combo (I haven't seen if you can still do 5aaa into sweep after the patch) you can jump cancel after the 3rd hit of the last part but you won't get the auto combo meter gain which sucks to be honest. J.a into J.b into J.a is still working after the J.a nerf (although it looks like it could miss at times possibly). Missile, sweep, missile is still working (wasn't quite sure what the patch meant about his sweep). I haven't seen people baiting his DP after hitting it yet (since for some reason they decided to make it blockable now...) so i don't know how his recovery is as of now. As for the item super buff, you can do part of the auto combo into Teddiescrew A on block into his super and it still gives enough block stun to combo into 2A for more pressure. Seems good to me. I also noticed that now since J.a is 8 frames, you can get away with airdashing J.a a bit more now since if your close to the opponent, the block stun will still be their longer after Teddie hits the ground, making pressure a bit more on his side then before.

(Edit) Actually J.A-J.B-J.A seems fine as it was, however doing Teddie's basic corner combo as it is in Arena might be a bit harder to do besides the old J.C nerf awhile back.

To get a bit more discussion going:

I've drawn up a preliminary Teddie combo list for P4U2:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g_B03hbRcQKawch41zrKD-AXeQd9QIkmjySCIPGxTwg/edit?usp=sharing

Note that all these combos are taken from videos released before 1.1, so they may or may not work with 1.1.

Videos used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ke4klGYfiw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X21hWB_XWbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dHK55KfEAU (Shadow Teddie)

The Shadow Berserk combos are incomplete as of now, but they mostly have the same ending route anyway. I don't have Shadow Teddie combos yet, but I suspect they will largely be similar to P4A Teddie combos, with the exception of being unable to do OMB combos.

Some notations may not be strictly accurate (such as Bearscrew A/Bs) right now.