Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koogy

[#R] Official #R PC Online Play Thread

Aloharrr to everyone. I'm a longtime-addict to fighting games - they are like crack for me - and while cleaning up the place here I found my old Guilty Gear CD. During the last years I mainly played Melty Blood FT, Rag Doll Kung Fu and good ol' SF or MK on the SNES. After digging back into GG I can't really tell why I never got serious on this game, it's so much fun! Thanks to the nice guide I managed to get everything rolling quickly; and of course got beaten to a bloody pulp by some A and B ranked players. ^^ Too bad I already had to notice those cheapscapes who run off when they are about to loose against an F-rookie. Anyhow, I am gonna make this short - new gamepad should be coming soon, until then I will whoop you with my keyboard and keep training up. Avast; and off I go... md|geist | MDGEIST | Flensburg, Germany | Delay 4 Baiken is fun to play with, guess I will stick to her for a while and learn the basics.

-Fixed a bug with Ignore Mismatch Node -Synchronization check added Up until know, if there was a desync, the game would continue on as normal. However now, if there's desync, the game will instead display a "SYNC ERROR" message, before returning the players to the lobby after a set amount of time. -(Guessing here?) Added something to help with thread synchronization issues (game now sends a control word, for each frame or something, and if the two don't match, the game knows a desync has occurred) -Fixed a bug with the nodelist file -Replay now properly handles subdirectories (for those curious, if you had replays in subdirectories in the replay folder, they would simply be listed anyways with the subdirectory in front of their name, causing major clutter. Now you have to click into the directory to access. Makes it much easier to organize/view.)

040488: It's not so much "no more disconnects" as "Oh, at least I know it's a disconnect". Assuming their system works :P. -Lobby functionality has been changed back to what it was. (Ed note: see below?) (Bit of a guess) Continually pinging nodes that return NoRES or a similar response is a waste of CPU time. (guess: They changed the lobby so that it would continually ping everybody, rather than ignore unresponsive nodes. That's kinda silly, since repeatedly pinging something that probably wont' work is inefficient. So they changed it back) -Update the .dll

Hey, im currently getting a problem in where when i try to run my ggxx.exe, it says ggxxnet.dll file not found. Dunno y, when i've patched it 3 times before and i never had any trouble. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RisingStars: You should have a ggxx.old (it's a backup of the ggxx.exe before patching) in your #R directory. Delete the current ggxx.exe. Rename ggxx.old to ggxx.exe. Then run the patch. Things should run fine now.

hey, ya i am doing that, and i'm pretty sure that it is patching correctly, however, it still says ggxxnet.dll not found, and now i cant even play the game. *NVM* i just got it working, i just repatched 1.09 then 1.09-2, thnks for the help!

The webmaster of "www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/ggnlobby.cgi" will delete the lobby tommorow.

So you guys must change your setting of URL of lobby.

There are new URL of lobbies.

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay1/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay2/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay3/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay4/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay5/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay6/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/ex/ggnlobby.cgi

Now, we should set "www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay4/ggnlobby.cgi".

sigh... i've given up on #r online. i used to be able to play just fine until they patched like no tomorrow. now i can't even get past the character select screen :(

sigh... i've given up on #r online. i used to be able to play just fine until they patched like no tomorrow. now i can't even get past the character select screen :(

yes, same thing happened to me too. why did they mess up something that was working fine? :(

hopefully splitting the serves up by delay frame will help alleviate the desync issues, especially since there are not near as many of us that use delay 4 as compared to delay 2

Changed the connection system back to the way it was. Compared to pre 1.08, the lag is somewhat worse, so they're changing it back to the way it was. Shrugs. Wonder if that means KomagPHL can play again? Haha

I'm having problems with the new patch. With the 1.04 patch, I was able to see other players in the lobby, but I couldn't connect to them because my patch was too old. Now, I've updated to 1.09 and then to 1.09-2. When I go to Vs Net, I don't see one person, even though I'm using the Delay4 lobby. The lobby count was 18, yet I didn't see one person in the lobby. I'm lost!

I don't see anybody in the delay 4 lobby when I connect in gg either. Does anybody know a workaround for this?