Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koogy

[#R] Official #R PC Online Play Thread

after getting Dustlooped by Pretty much every sol player out there today and losing 3/4 of health to it. I've come to the conclusion ii must learn sol and the dustloop. so we can have epic dittos trying to land a launch into dustloop.:vbang:

I actually found the solution to this one by accident!

You have the open the "ggxxnet_config" file as administrator. I had the same problem yesterday and couldn't figure out a solution. I did everything, tried making my own pal folders, but nothing helped and it didn't save the palettes at all. Anyways, for clarity, here is the simple process in steps for ya.

1. Make a simple new folder into the default game directory and simply name it "pal"

2. Right click on the "ggxxnet_config" file and choose "Run as administrator"

3. Edit your favourite characters colours as much as you want (in my case, Zappa).

4. Click on that little Save button and click Ok, it should create a new file into the "pal" folder..aaaand that's it!

Then just go to the game and select your character with the appropriate button and show us your artistic talent! If ya wanna delete the edited palette, just delete the file in the pal folder and it should revert back to normal~

That lobby is for European players, so if you're located in North America, you won't have much luck there. If you're in Europe and still can't join people, your ping might be too high. Anything over 133 ms will show as Ping Over, and you need about 110 ms or lower for a stable connection on Delay 4.

Hello thar

I just managed to make the client work (partially)

I dlded,applied patch, entered the game got the VSNET tab,go there,can see people in the room, etc, but they all display the "???" sign,which means that they have a newer patch version than i.

Here's where i fail : because the latest "patch" did not include a patcher,i downloaded the GGXXNET ver1.04 which feautered in the first "how to do post" on this thread. After i got that,i applied everything,i downloaded the latest patch 1.20-3,which only contained the dll. I coppied the .dll in my GGXX folder,replacing the old 1.04.dll. Then,when i tried starting the game again,i got the missing .dll error >.<

I rolledback to 1.04 again,and it works just fine. But i cant play with others since they have the new version >.<

This is the first time i try setting up my GGXX for online play,since i didnt have idea it was possible and i stumbled over it by accident.

Please if you can spare some time,help out a newb xD

Thanks in advance~

Thanks!

Already managed to make it work after 5 minutes from my initial post,kept feeding him patches and such and it finally obeyed and worked properly xD

Played in the Delay4 Lobby and its really nice. Lots of opponents,of all skill levels. I like it.

And there is almost no lag, except in rare cases,when the framerate drops to 10 fps >.> (rare occasions however.)

Wish i knew about this when i was in my GGX heyday. Gonna tell some of my friends about this as well,i guess you can never have enough people :D

"That lobby is for European players" - Teyah

Is there a North American one?

EDIT:: nvm found wingdreams THANK YOU FOR MENTIONING NEW SERVER!

Lash | Lash | Ann Arbor, Michigan | Delay 4

I seem to be having trouble with this, I got everything set up and can get to the point where I see players on the server, but I'm unable to connect to anyone or even watch their games. Most people's status says "NoResponse", some are "Ping too High", and some are Busy(Casting) which I'm assuming means fighting someone else. When I select those people I get a watch option, and soon as I press a button to watch I get NoResponse for a second or two then it goes back to Busy(Casting). Also in my Config file where I have the pallet editor and whatnot, everything is all squished and there's a huge black box covering up a lot of the dropdown windows, I only found them after clicking around inside it. And here I thought I could only mess with Sol's costume. ANY help would really be amazing! Been dying to play GGXX#R with someone other than the CPU, I have the Japanese version and everything works fine minus what I mentioned in this little novel I've written here.

~Lash

Most of the stuff you mention is actually not out of the ordinary. The nurupodensetsu delay 4 lobby is typically full of people in Europe, so if you're in that lobby, it makes sense that they'd be ping over. You'll probably have better luck with the wingdreams lobby, although that one is generally much less populated, and can still sometimes have people with high ping. As for trouble watching matches, I can typically only watch matches if the person I'm trying to spectate has about 50 ms ping to me or less, so if they're already ping over with you, it's probably not going to work.

If you're trying to find people to play games with, your best bet is probably to log into the chat (#reloadonline on irc.chatspike.net) and ask if anyone is interested.

Most of the stuff you mention is actually not out of the ordinary. The nurupodensetsu delay 4 lobby is typically full of people in Europe, so if you're in that lobby, it makes sense that they'd be ping over. You'll probably have better luck with the wingdreams lobby, although that one is generally much less populated, and can still sometimes have people with high ping. As for trouble watching matches, I can typically only watch matches if the person I'm trying to spectate has about 50 ms ping to me or less, so if they're already ping over with you, it's probably not going to work.

If you're trying to find people to play games with, your best bet is probably to log into the chat (#reloadonline on irc.chatspike.net) and ask if anyone is interested.

Ah alright, thanks for the heads up. I checked the NA server and was literally the only person in the channel, so I guess I need to come in the evenings. Also does anybody know how I might be able to fix my ggxnet config window? The one where I set my delay channel / name / message and change pallets? Everything is condensed together and when trying to edit pallets I click on invisible (hidden behind the color pallet) dropdown windows, disabling me from being able to make my characters look all spiffy-like!

~Lash

I cant get on IRC on campus... ppl online nowadays seems to like rage quit alot =/