Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koogy

[#R] Official #R PC Online Play Thread

change # to #

in other words just keep the folder name the same but retype the # sign

Still got the same error :(

Edit: Got it to work now, I had missplaced the japanese exe thats all :keke:

I don't get the color change things tho :psyduck:

Ok, I'm trying to play my friend but his status is "PingOver" Is there anything we can do about that? also how do you change characters for the color edit? :psyduck:

Yes. Open ggxxnet, which is a configuration settings file, with notepad. Change Ignore Slow connections to 0 (default is 1), and then save the change. That should fix the ping over thing, if he's not like in Russia or some other place of great distance away from you. As for the color edit thing, the drop down menu to change characters is just to the right of Sol. If yours is like mine, it is hidden behind the big, black square that takes up much of the space just beneath "Color Edit." You can reveal its location by stretching the config window.

Make sure its the right ggxxnet, it should say Configuration Settings under it and be a pic of a notepad with a gear thing.

Make sure its the right ggxxnet, it should say Configuration Settings under it and be a pic of a notepad with a gear thing.

i have the right one, all it has in the file is this:

FontName=

FontSize=12

Antialias=0

[Window]

PosX=-999

PosY=-999

[Network]

ReceiveThreadPriority=0

ReceiveThreadInterval=3

ReceiveThreadMethod=0

avprox777-

FontName=

FontSize=15

Antialias=0

[Window]

PosX=-999

PosY=-999

ZoomX=1.00

ZoomY=1.00

[Network]

ReceiveThreadPriority=0

ReceiveThreadInterval=3

ReceiveThreadMethod=0

MaxPacketSize=256

IgnoreSlowConnections=0

i have the right one, all it has in the file is this:

FontName=

FontSize=12

Antialias=0

[Window]

PosX=-999

PosY=-999

[Network]

ReceiveThreadPriority=0

ReceiveThreadInterval=3

ReceiveThreadMethod=0

Apparently, you're using a patch that is 1.20 or older. Upgrade to the 1.20-3, and then run the game. Enter the lobby, exit, and close your game. Then go back to your #R folder and check the configuration settings file. It should now have IgnoreslowConnections=1.

The only thing I got to work was 1.10 Are you supposed to swap files with the newer versions and run the patcher? That's what I've been doing but I get all sorts of random error messages (version error, etc) So yeah I go into VSNET and the UI pops up and everything but I don't see anyone in the lobby. Can someone explain the right way to upgrade? My AIM sn is - intehweeds

i had this a year back or longer so i got it working perfectly heres my only probs now that i have finally updaqted it.

1. i cant connect to nobody, all "busy" or "no response"

2, when i pic someone i have the option to watch, when i press it it just dims out, nothing more.

3. when i do see the "play" option after i failed to "watch" ita dimmed out an i cant play

what delay do most use? 4 right?

i know abotu port forwarding and such already, tried and failed. could someone print screen their config for me? so i can compare

I'm having the same problem, I cannot seem to be able to connect to anyone. Help please.

i had this a year back or longer so i got it working perfectly heres my only probs now that i have finally updaqted it.

1. i cant connect to nobody, all "busy" or "no response"

2, when i pic someone i have the option to watch, when i press it it just dims out, nothing more.

3. when i do see the "play" option after i failed to "watch" ita dimmed out an i cant play

what delay do most use? 4 right?

i know abotu port forwarding and such already, tried and failed. could someone print screen their config for me? so i can compare

1. If they are "busy," you just have to wait until they finish the match. With the "No Response" ones, you'll have to wait until they finish their match as well, which is when their status will become "idle." However, there are some people who seen as "No Response" that stay that way forever; that's due to stuff that I can't really explain.

2. The person you tried to watch must've had a ping that was too high. In most cases, the ping has to be 70-80 ms or below in order for you to be able to spectate the person's match. If the ping is around that limit, it oftentimes takes many tries before you can spectate the match successfully. The lower the ping is, the easier it is to spectate them. From my own experiences, I've never been able to watch anyone whose ping was over 80 ms.

Also, your failure to be able to watch people's may be due to the fact that they have disallowed it in ggxxnet config, by setting relay to 0. This prohibits others from being able to connect to them to watch their matches. However, if the person's opponent has it enabled, then you can watch the match by connecting to him instead, provided his ping is low enough.

Another thing... the person you're trying to watch may have that option enabled, but if he has it set to 1, that means that only one person can spectate at a time. If you try to spectate while that other person is already doing so, then it will also fail in that case. The "Gallery" column on the lobby screen indicates how many people are watching a particular match.

3. It sounds like you're describing a case where the person has finished his match with someone, and he is returned to the lobby with a status of "idle." When one is "idle," it means that he can then be challenged by yourself or whomever else. Most of the time, people don't just play each other for just one match, so when they are returned to the lobby, they rechallenge the same person again immediately.

Note: when a person appears as "idle" but their ping freezes (it stagnates on one number forever) that means the person has exited the lobby. If you try to play him under this case, "play" will just dim out, and his status will change to No Response, which I think is what you saw.

Man, I get so long-winded

Ok, that cleared some things for me. I had managed to be able to play with someone but it was so laggy. I was surprised it automatically went to the character select screen, but at least I was able to play. :keke: Btw, here are some questions which I was thinking if I can play because I was only able to play just once. 1. Everybody in the lobby has a ping of 200-400+, I was wondering, does this mean that I have a crappy internet connection or it depends between computers? Is it possible to have a good internet connection and have high numbers or ping from other users? 2. I have ver 120.2 and I can see some who are the same version as I have but mostly what I see is ver 120.3. Can I play with someone who has a different "version" with mine? Thanks.

Ping is usually a distance issue unless one of the players is on dial-up or something. People with pings of 400+ are usually on the other side of the planet or something. The different versions are all compatible with each other, but some of the features of the newer versions, such as watching, do not work with the older ones. I suggest looking for people with pings below 120 for more stable games.

As I got it working pretty good and have had like 30 rounds on it. My name is Zefar to in it. So I'm easy to spot.

Zefar | Zefar | Sweden - Gothenburg(or close to it at least)|

So far I only won 2 times completely though I have won 3 but the user quit before I got the last blow on him. Felt pretty good thou to beat him up. ^_^ Normally when I play I lose one and then win the other but then he win the last round or reverse. Sometimes they beat me pretty good with some characters due to that they know how to use Roman Cancel A LOT better than. I recently got to know how to do it to...I'm going to try it out but most likely fail a lot.

I play only as Sol to. Just like to be him.

Also I'm able to beat Very Hard AI in the game to and don't have so much problem with them.

Ok to get this working for those who still have problem with it.

I'm gonna make it as easy as possible.

On the first page you see all these links.

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay1/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay2/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay3/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay4/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay5/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay6/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/ex/ggnlobby.cgi

Look at the number after delay. Now that number is crucial because I think it can radically change the FPS in the game.

In the ggxxnet_config.exe you'll see on the left side a small option named

"Delay frame" then a number to the right of it.

Which ever link you take in the first post need to be the same as the one on that delay frame.

One of those 7 links I posted needs to be put into the bar under the text that says

Lobby Script/Text Address

So once it's there you press Add.

Now it needs to start with WWW to. Otherwise it won't work. I know this from experience. If you just click on those links normally you'll see how many that are on that channell in your browser. Good to know actually. So far most people use Nr 4. I'm in that one at least.

That alone should get you into the lobby unless opening the port is crucial.

To open the port you usually type in your IP address in the link bar at any browser and it should get you to it. All thou you need to have an password for it too.

It's a bit more trickier to explain for me as I only have experience with my router.

Also the newest version is in this link.

http://ggxxnet.mad.buttobi.net/GGXXNETv120-3.zip

There is an "ggxxnet.dll" file in it that you need to take out and replace the other one in your Guilty Gear XX folder.

That should be easy enough to follow.

I'll be on now and then in the game and play to the end no matter what. If I dissconnect or something it's not because I don't want to lose. I already got like 20 constructive losses in a row so why care if another one adds to it.

Btw where do you people meet if you still meet? :/ That first chat room was taken down and switched to another one but when I tried to look it up, it to was gone.

Either that or I just can't configure my IRC client through Opera so well. >.> Or I got the wrong address.

Btw where do you people meet if you still meet? :/ That first chat room was taken down and switched to another one but when I tried to look it up, it to was gone.

Either that or I just can't configure my IRC client through Opera so well. >.> Or I got the wrong address.

Yeah, the original rooms are gone. :D

#Reloadonline on irc.chatspike.net is the new location

I kinda sorta didn't replace my anti virus program and my computer kinda sorta became swamped with nasty spyware and shit that won't even let it boot up now. Not even in safe mode :vbang: So I won't be on IRC or #R for a while o___________o JUST THOUGHT I'D LET YOU GUYS KNOW CUZ YOU'LL ALL MISS ME SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH :kitty:

Fairly new online player, but...

West Coast Canada

DarkWarrior | DarkWarrior | Vancouver, Canada | Delay 4

(and might I just say UBERHATE at playing with keyboard, when I learned on the PSP.)

Fairly new online player, but...

West Coast Canada

DarkWarrior | DarkWarrior | Vancouver, Canada | Delay 4

(and might I just say UBERHATE at playing with keyboard, when I learned on the PSP.)

i feel ya on the KB meng...