Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koogy

[#R] Official #R PC Online Play Thread

Some say that it could be firewall related or you're just simply too far away from your opponent (net latency related problem)... BTW does anybody know what's the IRC server channel does GGX.NETp players hang out? Sorry if it was mentioned/posted before but 114 pages really makes me ---> @_@;; :psyduck: @_@;;

yeah i've restarted plenty of times to be sure, and it's definitely not the internet... the delay is fine too, and i checked to make sure the port i'm using is fine, which it seems to be... i really don't know what the problem is here, could it be the script address isn't working anymore?

Well I'm embarrassed. I got the game and the Vista patch. And the net patch and the english patch as well. I keep getting ggxx.exe version error. Assistance required. Thanks. EDIT:nvm.... I saw Koogy's post on page 4. I got the most recent version. I gotta learn some dustloops. Seems I just can't quit GG for good.:vbang:

I was away from #R online for a while and coming back did screw up my frc timing...:vbang: I managed to get over it eventually by playing online exclusively. I guess there's just not much to do except practice..:gonk:

Does the frame delay mess with anyones ability to FRC? I can't hit FRCs as good as I do on PS2.

Doesn't affect mine. For me, it's like I have a different muscle memory for #R online and AC, which is to say that when I play #R after playing AC, it seems like my muscle memory immediately changes to accommodate the delay frame, and vise versa when I switch from #R to AC. It's almost as if I treat the two as two completely different games... so in turn, my game in either one is not negatively affected by playing the other.

Does the frame delay mess with anyones ability to FRC? I can't hit FRCs as good as I do on PS2.

Pretty much what DBC said, I assume you're talking about GF FRC specifically. I had trouble getting it at first but eventually you get used to the online timing for it.

in theory, it shouldn't do anything with the frc timing if you do it from muscle memory, because everything is just delayed with x frames.

Yeah, if you're going strictly by muscle memory, and the frc point and all other things are the same for both versions, then yes, delay frame shouldn't affect timing. However, I think a lot of people frc not only with muscle memory but with visual cues as well, and that's where I think it throws them off. They would have to adapt to delay 4 by hitting pks 4 frames ahead of their normal visual cue. Doing so repeatedly would eventually lead to a new visual cue being formed, replacing the normal one. When they finally go back to play offline in 0 delay conditions again, they inadvertently use the same visual cue that they used with #R online; as a result, it throws off their offline frc'ing and whatnot. At least... that's what I'm guessing happens.

visual cues

This.

I guess I should start practicing with my eyes closed to end my reliance on the blasted visual cues once and for all. :eng101:

I liked this private message i received from Dust420 hey hottie

I noticed in your profile you were looking for some butthole :yaaay: . Wanna have a 3-some with me and Sobe this weekend? :keke: :keke: :keke:

So many homo's play this game:gonk:

can someone help me i keep getting some sort of error and it wont let me patch i downloaded this torrent called "Guilty_Gear_XX_Reload_READ_NFO-HOODLUM[www.btmon.com]" im not sure if its the game file i downloaded or the patcher or my computer. i keep getting this error http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errors.jpg anyone know the solution, really wanna play online but it wont let me :mad:

I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure that discussion of torrents and other methods of obtaining the game that're technically against the law are frowned upon on these boards. That said, I don't see anything wrong with mentioning that your patcher issue is probably due to the fact that you need to run the patching shtuffs in compatibility mode for windows 95.

new problem...fucking ggxxnet_config is being a bitch sauce i tried opening it before gg.exe, after it, during it.....fucking shiet wont let me go to the lobby and each time i open it it doesnt have the information saved anyone know problem better yet post me the steps to get this shit working i got the patcher to work finally now i get this shiet.

Well, a fine place for my first post, it seems...

Fontes | Fontes | Torres Vedras, Portugal | Delay 4

Still pretty noobish, and playing with a crappy D-Pad, so... yeah, won't give that much of a fight. ^^;

Add me under east coast. I'm back, finally. I had an intership in the game industry....sry. J. Martin | KySol/Guilty_Kid | Virginia, VA | Delay 4