Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koogy

[#R] Official #R PC Online Play Thread

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself as the new mod of the Online Play section. Though I figure many of you know me from #reloadonline already! Everybody has been added to the players list in the first post, which was last updated nearly two years ago. I also added in a description of each of the two main lobbies (nurupodensetsu and wingdreams), added in the official IRC channel, updated the FAQ a bit, and redid the formatting so as to not stretch the window. I'll do my best to keep this thread clean and relevant from hereon out.

Thanks. Problem: No matter how much I set it up, i cant connect online. even when I managed to forward the ports, it's not working. Is there anything I could do to fix this? EDIT: NVM about the problem. I found it out.

Add me under east coast. I'm back, finally. I had an intership in the game industry....sry.

J. Martin | KySol/Guilty_Kid | Virginia, VA | Delay 4

I saw I fucked the format up, haha....Teyah, when u get the chance, can change it...if u dont wanna, it's cool, lol.

:psyduck:

I see it should be:

KySol | KySol/Guilty_Kid | Virginia, USA | Delay 4

Since I never poke around irc I'm beginning to wonder if everyone has decided to move over to the other server. I pop onto nuru and there's like 30 people with 300 ish ping and maybe 1 person who can actually play with me, and when I look at the access panel for the other server there's usually at least 5 people in there that I've had decent pings with. I'm wondering if I should lurk on over and get on there instead...

This kinda worries me though...

my guess is scrubs from the shitty /v/ server (wind? something) are comming to try nurupon and getting raped and denying

ShaQtuS | Dillon, South Carolina | Delay 4 Moving to wingdreams, since everyone seemed to migrate over.

Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting the Netplay option to show up on my install. Everytime I try to run what I think is the patcher file (icon looks like two yellow/pink pages with a Japanese symbol on the yellow one) I see a progress bar, and a message saying this Posted Image

From looking at your files there, my guess is you might be trying to patch the exe you've already patched with the english translation. This doesn't work unfortunately... If this is the case, find your exe backup or a copy of an unpatched exe and try that instead.

Thanks everyone, problem solved. Didn't find anyone to play in when I went into netplay but hopefully that'll change soon. Looking forward to playing you guys!

I was on some earlier, which server were you on?

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay4/ggnlobby.cgi

I think I know the problem though; I'm on a router so I have to open my ports. But TBH I don't know too much about it and forgive me if I'm a bit paranoid about allowing other people access to my information. Can someone reassure me that by doing this I can still keep my connection secure?

you should try the wingdreams server, too. it also depends on the time of day you're connecting. another thing to note is that your port-forwarding doesn't affect who you see in the server, but rather your connection success rate.

you should try the wingdreams server, too.

it also depends on the time of day you're connecting.

another thing to note is that your port-forwarding doesn't affect who you see in the server, but rather your connection success rate.

Thanks buddy. Also how do I change the screen resolution? During downtime I'd like to do other things rather than alt+tab out of fullscreen all the time.

You can play in window mode by opening config.exe and clicking one the options, iirc one of the 3 options with 2 of the options being true and high colour.

Failed to initialize network error :gonk: This is what it says in log readSetting ok!! WSAStartup ok udp socket() ok bind = 00002740 netMgr init failed!! ggn terminated!! Help please :(

I don't really understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm not entirely sure what the patch you're supposed to run is. Is it that .exe that brings up the color edit, and all that other stuff? When I unzipped that into my GGXX#R folder it didn't appear to change anything.

Hey guys, I sure would like to get the GG PC version, but, I want to be sure: Does the patch works on the PAL version? I know it is clearly written that it doesn't on the first topic, but has it changed over time?

I don't really understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm not entirely sure what the patch you're supposed to run is. Is it that .exe that brings up the color edit, and all that other stuff? When I unzipped that into my GGXX#R folder it didn't appear to change anything.

ggxxnet_config brings up the color edit. The working one should be ggxx. Trying putting the folder directly on your desktop.