Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koogy

[#R] Official #R PC Online Play Thread

I tried that. The game runs just fine, but it doesn't show any sign of being online play enabled.

Anyone from the US playing? Can't find anyone under 120 ping. I've seen one person at 50 ping but didn't stick around long enough to play him. Completely new, EST. Let me know if you'd like to handle me, I'm playing Dizzy and I can't find any info on reload. Are AC combos and whatnot useable in Reload?

Anyone from the US playing? Can't find anyone under 120 ping. I've seen one person at 50 ping but didn't stick around long enough to play him.

Most of the people in the Wingdreams server are from the U.S. I cant speak for everyone, but a good amount of us are online later on in the day time through the night.

I tried that. The game runs just fine, but it doesn't show any sign of being online play enabled.

Do you have it in the list mode, and not the turn table style one?

[[haha, forgive my terms]]

Uhh, I don't know what that means. :( For what it's worth, I tried uninstalling AVG to see if that would make it work. When I tried starting the game up without AVG, I got that windows anti-virus "Do you want to allow this program to access the internet" option, but when the game started up there was still no network mode, or whatever it is I'm supposed to be seeing.

I swear I read the first post, but somehow glossed over the shortcut bit. Thanks. ALRIGHT, it's showing up now, and I figured out how to make the antivirus not be stupid, so it should work now. However, the combination of how bad I am, how bad my controller is, and how awkward playing #REload again is makes me less than eager to find out right this instant. I'll lose horribly in a few hours...

Yep, same name. Just played a few against Watt, and managed to win several. Ran better than I expected it to. Not perfect, but not bad either. [edit] also, is a lot of the text supposed to come as gibberish, because a lot of the text is coming up as gibberish.

Sure, if you can connect to me. I haven't been able to connect to anyone since Watt, everyone else is over ping, or busy, or no response. Can't watch games either. Don't get it...

And what kind of ping am I supposed to have exactly? I don't even know how to figure out what my own ping is.

Ping is the amount of time it takes for your data, packets, etc. to reach the server then to the other person You > server > person this is why people who are farther away have higher ping

Akabane why do you have to change characters after every match? It makes me fuckin angry. It's fuckin hard to practice if you change characters every match.. You say you try to practice every character of yours.. but in realilty you counterpick a lot. I am not saying that you are not skilled.. but it's not fun playing against you like this.

Akabane

why do you have to change characters after every match?

It makes me fuckin angry. It's fuckin hard to practice if you change characters every match..

You say you try to practice every character of yours.. but in realilty you counterpick a lot.

I am not saying that you are not skilled.. but it's not fun playing against you like this.

haha, play eddie and opponent cant counterpick.

Ping is the amount of time it takes for your data, packets, etc. to reach the server then to the other person

You > server > person

this is why people who are farther away have higher ping

Hm, thanks for the info. So in reality, you can't play someone that is too far away huh? Say... Russia?

Well if that's all it means, I guess it just proves what I've been saying about how no one in the area likes fighting games. So, there's no way to 'improve' your ping, or anything?

Well if that's all it means, I guess it just proves what I've been saying about how no one in the area likes fighting games.

So, there's no way to 'improve' your ping, or anything?

Your ping could also be high due to all your bandwidth being used.

However, with ~130ping being the highest you can play with before getting pingover, it looks like you aren't going to play with anyone too far outside your own country. Me being on East Coast, I can play with a few EUs close to England... but any farther and I cannot. I've found that most people in the delay4 nipp server are from somewhere around Russia/other far parts of Europe (not the racist Japanese term, just shortening the name since I do not know it)

Hm, thanks for the info. So in reality, you can't play someone that is too far away huh? Say... Russia?

Exactly :(

Then again, the game would be unplayable at that high of ping. It just wouldn't be fun.

Ping is the amount of time it takes for your data, packets, etc. to reach the server then to the other person

You > server > person

this is why people who are farther away have higher ping

This is quite bullshit cause the ping only goes to the other person and comes back. It doesn't touch the server.

The server is just an opponent seeking service, the actual game after challenging each other is totally peer to peer.

If it was be You > server > person, then you'd probably get 400 ping for everyone because the server is in Japan.

Your ping could also be high due to all your bandwidth being used.

How do I prevent this exactly? I make sure to close every other program before playing.

Please tell me BlazBlue will use a more friendly system than this. :(