Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koogy

[#R] Official #R PC Online Play Thread

How do I prevent this exactly? I make sure to close every other program before playing.

Please tell me BlazBlue will use a more friendly system than this. :(

This system was fan made by some japanese nerds, NOT the guilty gear developers.

Yeah, I figured. Just wanted to be sure this type of thing wasn't standard. I was able to play Bleach DS just fine when on rare occasion my opponent wasn't a lag spammer, so I figure a PS3 game should be even better.

This is quite bullshit cause the ping only goes to the other person and comes back. It doesn't touch the server.

The server is just an opponent seeking service, the actual game after challenging each other is totally peer to peer.

If it was be You > server > person, then you'd probably get 400 ping for everyone because the server is in Japan.

For real? You think this game allows direct connections?

What you said is the only bullshit here. Connect to the server then netstat -n. Tell me what you see, idiot.

The connection DOES go through the server; hence desynch.

Also, 400 ping? Rofl. Japan has _good_ ISPs. I don't even get that ping to Malaysians on dial-up.

Pretty sure freelander is correct in the overall sense. I mean, I really don't think my old arctic connection could have 40 ms on a trip from Northwest Coast -> Japan -> Central Canada

Not to mention that I ping exactly the same to people on both the nuru and wingdreams servers - the only advantage is that the North American wingdreams server loads up / displays the ping much faster than the overseas nuru server.

For real? You think this game allows direct connections?

What you said is the only bullshit here. Connect to the server then netstat -n. Tell me what you see, idiot.

The connection DOES go through the server; hence desynch.

Also, 400 ping? Rofl. Japan has _good_ ISPs. I don't even get that ping to Malaysians on dial-up.

I probably know more about networking than you. I am studying it in university.

Ping primarily depends on distance, and not on ISP quality (though that can make things worse).

Also do you know what desync is? Why does it need a server? Please explain it to me.

I probably know more about networking than you. I am studying it in university.

Ping primarily depends on distance, and not on ISP quality (though that can make things worse).

Also do you know what desync is? Why does it need a server? Please explain it to me.

I will get back to you once you run a netstat statistic and show me that you are not connecting to the server ):

This shouldn't be hard, because unless you're in your first week of your random IT class, you should have learned this when you were fifteen.

Yes the connection goes to the server first, but that is only to get the player list. Once you challenge someone or are challenged, a direct connection is made between you and the other guy. During the fight you're still connected to the server as well, so people can watch your games and still see you online and etc.

Otherwise according to Run -> cmd -> ping www.nurupodensetsu.com, I would have 325 ms ping minimum in every game I play, yet I don't :psyduck:

Any know a download link to a free #R online? I dont know if its against forums rules to post something like this... shouldnt be imo. Ive tried to find a CD but i cant any and i dont feel like trackin it down. So whats good who loves GG community more than ARC payments!

I will get back to you once you run a netstat statistic and show me that you are not connecting to the server ):

This shouldn't be hard, because unless you're in your first week of your random IT class, you should have learned this when you were fifteen.

This is Sara, host of the Wingdreams server.

I can confirm that the servers only send a list of opponent names, stats, IPs, and ports.

It does not handle the actual match connections in any way.

Once you've connected, it's become more or less full P2P, since even the lobby uses a lot of it.

This way, the lobby didn't need to be updated for later versions, just the client-side, you see.

So they didn't bother to make the lobby support newer features, instead leaving it up to the client.

Fendir| Sion, changed to Fendir| Finland / Europe | Delay 4

Playing with Axl, Sol and Ky. Just started playing on the net so I'm trying to learn hard.

Hey guys, I have some questions. I've played a few matches online (never played the game before so I'm crap but it's really fun!) and I'm wondering what the simple way to keep playing the same person is? What I mean is, when a match is concluded I go back to the lobby and then usually get dragged into a game with someone else or can't find the person I was playing again. Am I missing something in regards to playing multiple matches against the same person? Thanks in advance.

Once the current match clears you'll be returned to the lobby. Most of the time, the player you just played against will be one of the top few players in the list. Locate them and quickly hitconfirm to highlight their name, during their Not Ready phase, before they become Idle. Then immediately begin mashing whatever key/button you have bound to the O button, and don't let up until you are able to join. You should get in before anyone else can join you, usually. :eng101:

You may have played me in #Ronline a couple times. I'm rank B (tends to fluctuate a lot) with 1600 some games played and I main Sol and Slayer. I would say I'm... decent at best. I still make stupid mistakes a lot and get wrecked often (i'm looking at you Kicks) but I'm always trying to improve. I've played GG for a while now but only recently did I decide to take it seriously and with Blazblue coming out in a few days, I figured I might as well chill with the cool kids at dustloop. :cool:

xJakartax | Jakarta | Kentucky / USA | Delay 4 I've only payed Accent Core, so I'm trying to get used to the differences in them. I play Faust. Anyone online now and wants to play? I just got it set-up.

DLO / Justice / v-13 / Arakune | Torino, Italy | Delay 4 if someone has challenged one of these names, let me know plox