Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koogy

[#R] Official #R PC Online Play Thread

Majinken, Also known as coconuts before l Philadelphia, Pennsylvania l Delay 4

If i start to lag it's because someone in my house is torrenting or downloading. so sorry if i start lagging really bad.

Yes, it does have online.

However, no one ever plays #R on XBLA. I can't remember the last time I ever got a match in the time that I had #R for XBLA.

Just stick with PC #R netplay, it's better that way.

According to the instructions in the thread, there's supposed to be some sort of .exe application to run for it to patch the game. However, when I extracted it, there was only ggxxnet.dll and an unreadable readme. Is this what's supposed to be in it? If so, what do I do with it exactly? The instructions don't help much at this point. Maybe I downloaded the wrong .rar (GGXXNETv120-3.rar)? Anyways, any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work. I just got v120.2 and everything went smoothly. Hurray!

I could be that your ping is too high. I usually can't watch games unless my ping is under 60, and if it's much over 120, I usually can't challenge either.

Or it could just be screwy. Every now and then I have lots of people show up as "No Response," and there are times challenges just won't seem to go through.

Antlion | Antlion | Israel | Delay 4

i might be the only Israel Player Around, but oh well.... still i might lag alot (might be the Location)

eh, I doubt it needs saying, and it's certainly been a long time since I even looked at this thread, but...

Blitz | Blitz | Irvine, CA | Delay 4

if anything, keyboardftw would be more appropriate since I've been using it now for almost as long as I've used stick.

wasdftw.

So now that we have online play, what are people using for controls? I have a PS>USB adapter, but there is an uncomfortable about of lag, but luckily I have a Fighting Stick 3 (PS3 stick with USB port.) However, my windows xp setup will detect this stick but will not seem to react to any button presses or stick movements. I've had it work on one of my friend's PCs with WinXP, but I could not discover any reason why it worked on his and not mine. I started developing a driver just for this reason, but without knowing the root cause of the stick's problem, I probably can't complete it.

I found a pic of the config screen and just adjusted to it. Of course you have to add the controller to your system. I always scan for new hardware, it's the best and easiest way. Plus it automatically adds the controller so you don't have to manually do it.