Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PozerWolf

Kokonoe or Brokonoe?

So our tourneys are no better than Casuals? Gotchya.

If you're trusting what other people are telling you, you are being spoonfed and don't deserve to win because you didn't do anything yourself. Sound familiar? Sounds familiar to me.

can you stop? l don't know what happened to you but this is definitely not how information is spread.

im not going to say its never been done; by some scrub talking out of his ass maybe, or some arrogant insecure player. maybe you've been unfortunate enough to get someone like that. though given your track record...

yes, everyone should indeed check the information they get. no, everyone who plays in tournaments are not that malicious.

Anyone can play the game in whatever way they want. If you want to keep info to yourself and spread incorrect stuff around, or want to be friendly and share what you know, feel free to do it. Thing is that we're not actively trying to kill each other in order to succeed, because different from business, we don't get kicked out of the whole thing if we mess up. We're not having to commit millions of resources to every little decision or anything like that. I think it's OPTIMAL, but not MANDATORY that we help each other when we can.

How the hell did the discussion turned into this anyway? If we want some 'requirements' for whether Kokonoe should be banned or not, then just consider the rest of the cast. Basic design decisions imply that if you are strong at something, you must be relatively weak in another. If the char's offense is too good, then their defensive options should be lacking. If their neutral is too good, then usually their offense or defense takes some form of hit...It's all relative. It's not always like that, but when you're good at one or more things, you end up weak at one or other things in some way or form.

The problem with Kokonoe is that she is relatively too strong in comparison to everyone else when taking everything into consideration. Her neutral is too good(TOO damn good in fact), her damage is too high for how easy it is to get(no, fuck you, I don't care her damage off of an 2A is average when she is getting full combos off random J.As in an air battle), and her offense and defense simply did NOT take the hit they should have because of those. You say her defense is ass? No, Valk's defense is ass. Teleport sucks? Valk's 6A sucks. Teleport is not ID but it sure as fucking hell is better than the crap a lot of godlike offense chars get. Her 6A is freaking amazing and anti-airs people like it's nobody's business.

She simply has too many good tools on average when compared to the rest of the cast, and her 'weak' points are not 'weak' enough when in relative comparison to her 'strong' points. For all of the good things she can do, she simply does NOT suck enough at the things she is meant to suck at to counter that, and even if she did I still think crap like her neutral game should get nerfed...I mean, to be honest I would rather see everyone getting buffed instead, but I know that is not going to happen so in the least I would rather she being brought down to everyone else's level instead.

can you stop? l don't know what happened to you but this is definitely not how information is spread.

im not going to say its never been done; by some scrub talking out of his ass maybe, or some arrogant insecure player. maybe you've been unfortunate enough to get someone like that. though given your track record...

yes, everyone should indeed check the information they get. no, everyone who plays in tournaments are not that malicious.

How do I favourite posts?

I share information with my local scene so we can all get better as a group. If that information helps them beat my character then so be it, I just need to outplay them. They do the same for me.

If I go elsewhere for a tournament then I'll play the tournament and once competitive stuff is over, I'll tell people what they were doing wrong, whether it be against my character or not. Some people just want to see others get better.

----

On the subject of banning Kokonoe. I currently main her and I'm on the side of getting her banned.

Once people start using all of her tools properly then she's going to be much worse than she is now. I have round start confirms into black hole the characters without a meterless DP don't really have an escape from. Once the black hole combo is done, they're dead. Once players better than me in neutral start using the same set play that I use and/or better, the road is only going to get tougher from there.

---

So our tourneys are no better than Casuals? Gotchya.

If you're trusting what other people are telling you, you are being spoonfed and don't deserve to win because you didn't do anything yourself. Sound familiar? Sounds familiar to me.

stop.

please, for the love of god, just stop. you're saying that by sharing information, you don't deserve to win? are you literally for real right now Star. like i knew you were pretty ridiculous, but c'mon.

Sharing information is not required, especially not all information, thats how some establish an edge. But once again, it is a COMMUNITY. If we didnt give new players access to anything, you're literally alienating them and discouraging them. But if you're saying that you dont deserve to win because someone else found something and you heard it, you're ridiculous. You still have to pull that thing off in a match, you still have to learn it.

But the main thing here is you're oblivious to what a community is if you discourage good information sharing. (also if you dont like information, why do you even go on Dustloop?)

Just dropping in to point out the discussion is starting to get off-topic. Sure, hiding or revealing Kokonoe tech from other players is tangentially related to the topic at hand, but it doesn't closely relate to 'is she broken/should she be banned?'.