brett_

[FB] Gundam EXVS Simple Q&A Thread - Ask Anything!

Don't know how to fighting against a certain suit? Confused about how to do a certain technique? We'll answer any quick questions you have here.

If you think it's a suit specific question, please ask it in the appropriate Individual Suit thread if it exists.

Edited by brett_

So is this game like Virtual-On or something? Because I am a huge fan of Virtual-On and from gameplay footage I've seen of this game it looks similar except with actual Gundams instead of the VO knockoffs.

So is this game like Virtual-On or something? Because I am a huge fan of Virtual-On and from gameplay footage I've seen of this game it looks similar except with actual Gundams instead of the VO knockoffs.

It's kinda similar to VO, except its 2on2. The main difference is that this game uses the Boost Gauge, a resource required to move around at high speeds, and only refills when you touch the ground. As such, concepts such as matching vectors / L shapes, stuff that is critical to VO, aren't as important. They're still important, but they're not as fundamental. The game is more about hitting people as they land, rather than hitting the air-to-air.

To me, Virtual On is ST while this closer to GG/ASW game of the genre. Give it a shot Vulcan!

Is there a place where we can find movelist/descriptions for the new suits?

The official PS3 site for FB has movelists for the suits here: http://exvsfb.ggame.jp/ms/index.html

I imagine the Wiki has descriptions for them: http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/

As for actual translations for them somewhere, no clue unfortunately.

if you are curious about the movelists for new suits and you don't understand what's happening in videos of them or whatever, you can ask someone like me or brett or w/e and we can probably tell you what's up.

Is there like a Hong Kong version of this game or something? I know that Japanese versions tend to be more expensive and other Asian regions sometimes get the game too and usually are cheaper.

Is there like a Hong Kong version of this game or something? I know that Japanese versions tend to be more expensive and other Asian regions sometimes get the game too and usually are cheaper.

Yes, there is a Hong Kong physical version of FB that can be pre-ordered at Play-Asia, etc. I do not know if it's officially confirmed for a day 1 digital release though on the Hong Kong store next week, but there is a good chance there'll be one. I will try to update you guys in this thread if I hear anything.

What does CSb means? i would recommend adding a notation guide somehwere.

CSb means charge shot B (your melee button). Same thing with CSa where you hold down your main button.

Edited by Cosmic Lullaby

Does anyone know if its possible to have two people play online with one console or anything like that? I'd hate to have to get more then 2 copies just to play with people locally.

There was two player co-op in vanillia so I'm sure it will be in FB. I think this applies to mission mode as well but i know arcade and Versus has it.

The game has local multiplayer for 2 players. Unfortunately you can't take two players online on one console, so if you and a friend want to play online against other players, you will need two copies of the game.

The local multiplayer in vanilla suffered from two huge bars that cut the size of each players visible area down to about quarter of the screen. From what I've seen, this has been massively reduced in FB so you get almost a half screen each, which is good news if you want some good old fashioned couch splitscreen games.

Hopefully the framerate won't render it unplayable.

How does the Arcade mode work exactly? How do I trigger bonus/Ex stages at will? What affects the star rating that I see during the character select screen?

Also, how do I get Haro for free?

two things: how are rank matches, is the lag okay? and does anyone know anyone that is game sharing? (if its frowned a pawn let me know or pm me)

beaver1231 > Just select a scene and clear it to continue until the 8th one. Bonus/EX stages appears depending on the score you had I guess. Star rating may be based on MS usage, not sure. Haro can be get via the Catalog option in the main menu.

solshido > Brett feels the netcode is much better than before.

Someone with better Japanese than me, what are the post game communication commands besides the two thank yous and the apology?