brett_

[FB] Gundam EXVS Simple Q&A Thread - Ask Anything!

New to this game, seems pretty straight forward. I was just curious, but does anyone know what the stars mean besides the Gundam's cost and how do I get more of them to be highlighted?

New to this game, seems pretty straight forward. I was just curious, but does anyone know what the stars mean besides the Gundam's cost and how do I get more of them to be highlighted?

I believe those stars indicated how much experience you have with the suit in terms of usage amount. Use that suit more = more stars eventually.

As a beginner, should I even bother going for melee? Every time I've tried so far the results aren't good. I guess I'm impatient with my lack of damage output, playing the RX-78 btw

As a beginner, should I even bother going for melee? Every time I've tried so far the results aren't good. I guess I'm impatient with my lack of damage output, playing the RX-78 btw

Melee is useful, but situational. You have to learn to recognize situations where melee is a good choice depending on what option they pick. 6b in particularly can definitely be very useful for many mechs, because they often "curve around" which allow you to dodge shots while still getting close to the enemy and hitting them. If they're doing beam rifle->boost dash->beam rifle->boost dash at you(like, boost dahs in direction of 7/9), 6b can be an amazing answer to that once they get close from that reckless barrage.

Besides defensive ones like that, you need to wait for the right situation to use melee- like when they're cornered and low on boost. With most standard 6bs, you want to 6b or 4b->sidestep cancel into that same direction->another 4b/6b.

5b is mostly used for raw speed, sometimes reaching and punishing. Boost dash 8b is mostly used for reaching and punishing, but for some mechs they're high priority and thus are mostly used for defensive sort of purposes.

Melee definitely has value in this game, but its tough to learn and some mechs shouldn't bother with it unless the situation/read is really clear.

http://pastebin.com/FjmHqFVj This may help some.

By the way, rx-78-2's 6b has a particularly massive hitbox, which can be quite nice once you've gotten close.

Can anyone give me the in-depth on Fuwastep and fuwafuwa. If I remember right it means Float Step and but detailed explanations are missing from the glossary and it's referenced a lot in Brett's changelist.

Can anyone give me the in-depth on Fuwastep and fuwafuwa. If I remember right it means Float Step and but detailed explanations are missing from the glossary and it's referenced a lot in Brett's changelist.

See the Fundemental Techniques video on youtube. There's a link referencing it both on the ubw wiki as well as in the important links thread stickied in this dustloop exvs section.

It's not in depth, but fuwafuwa refers to delaying your landing timing with small jumps right before touching the ground. Fuwasteps are sidesteps + jumps at the same time.

Would I be able to connect with players of other regions (US, JPN) if I have a Hong Kong version of the game and account or does each region have its own server? Thanks a bunch for this website and all your help!

Would I be able to connect with players of other regions (US, JPN) if I have a Hong Kong version of the game and account or does each region have its own server? Thanks a bunch for this website and all your help!

You'll be able to play against people regardless of the version they have.

I don't mean to sound ignorant but is WZTV Quatre bad or am I misjudging him? I don't see them perform well in matches at any skill level and once they run out of ammo they seem to have trouble doing much else for the rest of the round.

I think with just Lariat + zero system he has something to vring to the table. I personally dont think hes bad, but I think he is very lackluster in the hands of anyone who is even the slightest bit wasteful with ammo.

What's the input to nuke with Turn A? I only seem to be able to do it on accident. : v

Sorry for the noob question, just got the game and havn't played the predecessor.

Look behind the box. You should see in the bottom right an icon that says 2 or 3.

2 means japanese copy.

3 means asian copy.

Under that it'll say "FOR (country name) ONLY"

How do you raise mobile suit proficiency (stars beneath your suit)? Is anything beyond 1 star online ranked only?

Keep using it. It does take quite a lot of matches to raise those stars for suits.