brett_

[FB] Gundam EXVS Simple Q&A Thread - Ask Anything!

How do I defeat infinite rainbow stepping Master Gundam? It feels like I just up all my boost playing keep away and end up getting combo'd anyway. Also how do you guys deal with the lag when playing online?

just run away, BR when you can, and hope your partner gives you a hand if you need it. If he's rainbow stepping, he's using a lot of boost to move sideways. If you move directly away, he'll run out of boost.

Actual delay is a non issue really, the lag spikes I mostly bitch and moan a lot while trying to repeatedly mashing the input I need to do but I have gotten so many block inputs dropped from the a lag spike it's absurd. For some reason I can be playing with 1-2 bar players from jp no problem then get on a US group everyone has 6+ bars and it starts spiking all over the place making it damn near unplayable.

Hey guys, been learning for a couple weeks and I have some questions about team composition. Is there an ideal cost to shoot for when designing a team, and are there certain cost combinations that are a general no-no (two 3000s maybe)?

Also, I've been enjoying Tallgeese III and Dynames the most (I tend to like to play in the back), can you guys give me any suggestions on who would pair well with them? Thanks ^_^

Hey guys, been learning for a couple weeks and I have some questions about team composition. Is there an ideal cost to shoot for when designing a team, and are there certain cost combinations that are a general no-no (two 3000s maybe)?

Also, I've been enjoying Tallgeese III and Dynames the most (I tend to like to play in the back), can you guys give me any suggestions on who would pair well with them? Thanks ^_^

best team comps are:

3k-2k or 3k-2.5k

1k-2.5k or 1k-2k

2.5k-2.5k is fine, but you need to decide who is front.

2k-2k and 2k-2.5k should be avoided although below a certain level of play its not a big deal.

You really want to avoid 3k-1k unless the 1k is very specific 1ks like zaku2 or ez8 who dont need to take as much risk to be useful. Also, JP wiki suggests alex is good in this comp because her armor gives her good survivability.

3k-3k can be ok but you absolutely need to decide who will be the rear guard before the match, and they need to have great self defense and good ability to support without taking high risks. So, no turn X back, but reborns back could be fine.

More details: https://sites.google.com/site/unlimitedbrettworks/gundam-extreme-vs/gundam-exvs-guide/an-introduction/part-2#TOC-Death-timing-based-on-cost-differences

and https://sites.google.com/site/unlimitedbrettworks/gundam-extreme-vs/gundam-exvs-guide/an-introduction/beginner-losing-streak-correction-lecture---putting-it-into-practice#TOC-Understanding-Front-and-Back-Play

I dont know a lot about TGIII or Dynames, but the JP wiki suggests:

Tallgeese:

-back for reborns or WZTV or WZEW or qanta, or other 3ks

-back for 1ks, particularly zudah. (note that with a 1k, you should probably be more aggressive in your first life than your second, or the 1k plays more reserved early on than later on)

-it suggests that the O and banshee are good partners, although im not sure which role it intends for which

-it suggests that zeong and hambrabi can be good supports for tallgeese

Dynames:

It seems that supporting a 3k is most recommended. Back for Hi-nu or Qanta in particular.

The wiki also suggests backing for susanowo but with some precautions...?

The wiki warns against teaming dynames with a 1k.

That's actually a typo on my part, which I just fixed. It's more apt to say it stands a good chance against the other comps. It's still not something you'll see in tourney play often, but it definitely can hold its own more so than say, 2K/2K.

That's actually a typo on my part, which I just fixed. It's more apt to say it stands a good chance against the other comps. It's still not something you'll see in tourney play often, but it definitely can hold its own more so than say, 2K/2K.

ahh i see. thanks for the clarification.

Alright I read the article brett, I got a better handle on how I should approach FB when I get it in the mail, so while I'm waiting, and watching vids for this game, I'm having trouble telling if I'm watching a front or a back in the perceptive the replay is being played on, on paper it seems obvious but when I'm watching replays I can't tell whose playing what position in the team at times cause it seems like everyone is basically dodging attacks, weaving in and out, punishing mistakes and at times keeping pressure with constant chasing. I know there's the idea of "this Suit is a better front" or "this one works better as a back", at least when I'm watching replays to learn from more experienced players, what should I be looking for to be able to tell what position they are playing or should I be keeping an eye on other factors and not really worry whose front or back?

Alright I read the article brett, I got a better handle on how I should approach FB when I get it in the mail, so while I'm waiting, and watching vids for this game, I'm having trouble telling if I'm watching a front or a back in the perceptive the replay is being played on, on paper it seems obvious but when I'm watching replays I can't tell whose playing what position in the team at times cause it seems like everyone is basically dodging attacks, weaving in and out, punishing mistakes and at times keeping pressure with constant chasing. I know there's the idea of "this Suit is a better front" or "this one works better as a back", at least when I'm watching replays to learn from more experienced players, what should I be looking for to be able to tell what position they are playing or should I be keeping an eye on other factors and not really worry whose front or back?

Generally, higher cost = front (excluding 2k/1k, 2.5k/1k)

You'll more often see a back player retreating from battle when their partner starts to get low on health, as well, so as to avoid the 2v1 situation that will result from their partner's death. Back players also tend to stay down on the ground longer, focus more on survival, seek to take advantage of opportunities as opposed to try to create opportunities, etc.

Feel free to link a random match video you've watched if you want people to help break down what you're seeing.

Two questions:

1. Is there some sort of guts system in place where you take less damage with less health/or is it you just take the same damage at all times

2. What's the OTG damage stuff like? I know it's always a weird percentage whenever you're on the floor and you take a ground hit, but I'm kinda curious what exact numbers are put in place

You'll more often see a back player retreating from battle when their partner starts to get low on health, as well, so as to avoid the 2v1 situation that will result from their partner's death. Back players also tend to stay down on the ground longer, focus more on survival, seek to take advantage of opportunities as opposed to try to create opportunities, etc.

Feel free to link a random match video you've watched if you want people to help break down what you're seeing.

Alright so this was one I just watched (link below), I didn't play to much Strike Freedom in GVE (well I didn't play to many 3000 suits actually...) but the way this particular player was playing Strike Freedom seemed more in line with what the back role was described as, lots of picking moments to attack opposed to creating them, I'm more confused about the decision made to play the back role (or maybe not) when it seems like a general rule of thumb for the higher cost to play the front. Though I think I might be wrong to assume it was a back role that was taken seeing how Strike Freedom did take a lot of damage before spawning into the fight again.

I think my assumption of what a front role looks like might not be what I had in mind at first, I dunno this is why I'm asking really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbO40nQPoXc

Two questions:

1. Is there some sort of guts system in place where you take less damage with less health/or is it you just take the same damage at all times

2. What's the OTG damage stuff like? I know it's always a weird percentage whenever you're on the floor and you take a ground hit, but I'm kinda curious what exact numbers are put in place

1. Yes. You take less damage you also deal more damage.

2. OTG proration is 25% (the attack does 25% of its original value). This proration occurs AFTER combo proration / cancel proration etc etc.

Edited by brett_

Okay, so I have two people I've convinced to buy EXVSFB off PSN. They intend to gameshare (poor people problems =V) to effectively split the costs. They're wondering about how the online pass stuff works.

Like, they know the original buyer gets an online pass, but the second player has to buy his own for 1000JPY. If they purchase a 10,000JPY card, is it possible to refunnel funds from one PSN account to another? How would they be able to share the funds from the same PSN card so both players can use online?

Okay, so I have two people I've convinced to buy EXVSFB off PSN. They intend to gameshare (poor people problems =V) to effectively split the costs. They're wondering about how the online pass stuff works.

Like, they know the original buyer gets an online pass, but the second player has to buy his own for 1000JPY. If they purchase a 10,000JPY card, is it possible to refunnel funds from one PSN account to another? How would they be able to share the funds from the same PSN card so both players can use online?

PSN funds are for that account in question only. you cant move PSN funds from account A to Account B

Figured as much. So just to confirm, the online pass is account-specific and not console-specific, right?

pretty sure this is correct since one of the key reasons(supposedly) that they did it is because they dont want people who are skilled making new accounts to "start over" in ranked to beat up newbies who think they're being matched with similarly inexperienced people.

Edited by Mightfo

Been wondering. what are the differences for outfits for the navigators and Pilots? is it just cosmetic or do they have different lines/actions?

Been wondering. what are the differences for outfits for the navigators and Pilots? is it just cosmetic or do they have different lines/actions?

It's just cosmetic.

pretty sure this is correct since one of the key reasons(supposedly) that they did it is because they dont want people who are skilled making new accounts to "start over" in ranked to beat up newbies who think they're being matched with similarly inexperienced people.

more like they just wanted more money :PPPPP

Alright so this was one I just watched (link below), I didn't play to much Strike Freedom in GVE (well I didn't play to many 3000 suits actually...) but the way this particular player was playing Strike Freedom seemed more in line with what the back role was described as, lots of picking moments to attack opposed to creating them, I'm more confused about the decision made to play the back role (or maybe not) when it seems like a general rule of thumb for the higher cost to play the front. Though I think I might be wrong to assume it was a back role that was taken seeing how Strike Freedom did take a lot of damage before spawning into the fight again.

I think my assumption of what a front role looks like might not be what I had in mind at first, I dunno this is why I'm asking really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbO40nQPoXc

Strike Freedom was playing front in this match. Here are a few points that help to define what role he's playing:

- At the start of the round, he moved directly into the center of the map, whereas Delta waited for a bit before moving sideways.

- He contested the center of the map frequently, while Delta was more often fighting on the perimeters and retreating.

- The majority of the time, he was moving forwards towards the opponents and firing at them.

- He was fairly consistently moving to intercept any opponents trying to attack Delta.

- Delta was, while taking aggressive actions, notably keeping his health at a reasonable level and not committing to any fights.

Having said that, once Strike Freedom had died once and respawned, Delta moved forward and played much more aggressively until his first death, at which point he reverts back to a slightly more defensive role.

In terms of creating opportunities, it's true that we generally say that it's the role of the front suit to do so, but that's mostly a generalization. There are many times where a front suit will opt to play a long neutral game, simply because he can easily out-neutral the opponents. There's no reason for a front suit to not simply go for opportunities given to him, after all.

It's also worth noting that it's not like SF didn't create opportunities in this match. He's just a suit that's good at capitalizing on the opportunities he creates himself. It can be said that Delta helped to create engagements for SF in this game, but that's fine since he did so without taking too much damage, and since it was notably because the opponents decided to try chasing down Delta and ignoring SF.

Edited by Tari