brett_

[FB] Gundam EXVS Simple Q&A Thread - Ask Anything!

Thanks so much for answering my question!

Now that I know that my previous strategy was on the right track.

I totally feel that playing as a melee partner is a lot more exciting and satisfying than as a ranged suit.....yep... lol

I like Deathscythe for melee back. Plenty of tools.

A friend suggested I learn him since it teaches patience.

Maybe it can help you too.

That link is something completely different. If you want upload a replay to Youtube, you would have to record it with a capture card. Alternatively, you can use your phone to record it then upload it onto Youtube.

So when I look at a suit's melee move set, what would be the defining trait(s) the move is cut proof? 

Cut-proof is a bit of a stretch term, but you can generally tell if moves are cut resistant just by looking at how much movement is involved when the move is performed. For example, you can pretty easily tell that God Gundam's BC (God Finger) is not very cut resistant because he stays still, whereas something like Qan[T]'s 2B or his boost dash melee is very cut resistant, because of how much movement occurs in such a short amount of time.

Probably worth mentioning that most suits have strings of moves that are cut resistant, but they may not do as much damage as a melee-oriented suit's cut-resistant strings. Almost every suit can, for example, just do 6B > 6B > 6B and be fairly cut resistant, or 6B > 6B > BR, but those are really basic, low-damage strings. Melee-oriented suits usually have longer, somewhat naturally cut-resistant options, or higher damage output.

I have a simple and stupid question... is there any way to have the BGM selection in Free Battle pick songs based on the suits used like in online, or is it limited to either random or selecting specific songs?

I have a simple and stupid question... is there any way to have the BGM selection in Free Battle pick songs based on the suits used like in online, or is it limited to either random or selecting specific songs?

Only random or specific songs.

The suit-specific stuff works in offline Arcade and FB Missions as well, but not in Free Battle.

Can anyone help me with tallgeese 3 he could be god like if u manage to use sv and bd right but its hard

I made the thread for Tallgeese III 

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8404-fb-tallgeese-iii-ballerina-steps-and-gerobis/

There is also a WIKI entry here.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tallgeese_III_(EXVSFB)

When it comes to Super Vernier, the only thing I can really say is Muscle memory. That's the only thing that will help you improve with T3. You have to stay calm with him to prevent yourself from doing Super Vernier > Boost Dash accidentally, as that will kill your Boost Efficiency. 

Thanks xd

NP. One other thing of note is that you should make it a point to use the 2B more. It can be used with several different things and will add to your mobility

So questions about melee speed and priority. So when melee moves are mentioned to have high priority, what does that exactly mean when you are using a melee move that may have high priority but slow in terms of speed and are being approached by a melee with high speed but lower priority? I'm having a bit of a confusing time understanding how priority works in this game, I've had a few cases where I seem someone coming at me with a melee and try to counter it with one with a move with high priority, though I imagine the fact I had to turn around also may have played a part in it but either way still confused on the subject.

So questions about melee speed and priority. So when melee moves are mentioned to have high priority, what does that exactly mean when you are using a melee move that may have high priority but slow in terms of speed and are being approached by a melee with high speed but lower priority? I'm having a bit of a confusing time understanding how priority works in this game, I've had a few cases where I seem someone coming at me with a melee and try to counter it with one with a move with high priority, though I imagine the fact I had to turn around also may have played a part in it but either way still confused on the subject.

This post I wrote earlier should help you: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8143-fb-gundam-exvs-simple-qa-thread-ask-anything/page-12?p=816227#entry816227

Exia is damn hard to play pvp to me

Exia is a great suit to learn melee suits with.

Exia for starters has a MASSIVE collection of vids on Nico Nico that you can reference.

http://horibuna.web.fc2.com/EXVSFB/EXVSFB_dsad78dsbacfd.html

You have a BR thats 3 shots and you dont have to Zunda. and a special Melee that is extra movement, and several high priority melees.

Gotta balance the extremes of Passiveness and aggression.

When is the time to try and use a 3k suit never pvp a 3k suit didnt dare to

It is always a time to learn. I was suggested to learn Turn X as he has a tool that is great and easy to use (csA) and also has an excellent mobility tool (4/6 BC).  

Don't think of a 3k as being "Experts Only" I say try them all, get a feel for them and stick with one you like. 

I really do suggest Turn X though. csA is just that good. Just dont go GhingHAM like I do

Exia is a great suit to learn melee suits with.

Exia for starters has a MASSIVE collection of vids on Nico Nico that you can reference.

http://horibuna.web.fc2.com/EXVSFB/EXVSFB_dsad78dsbacfd.html

You have a BR thats 3 shots and you dont have to Zunda. and a special Melee that is extra movement, and several high priority melees.

Gotta balance the extremes of Passiveness and aggression.

It is always a time to learn. I was suggested to learn Turn X as he has a tool that is great and easy to use (csA) and also has an excellent mobility tool (4/6 BC).

Don't think of a 3k as being "Experts Only" I say try them all, get a feel for them and stick with one you like.

I really do suggest Turn X though. csA is just that good. Just dont go GhingHAM like I do

Well ok thanks ill remember that

Well ok thanks ill remember that

Also consider Spiegel. Lob grenade kunais for days.

You can also try Dragon Gundam. I'll explain my reasoning:

Dragon can not force his way in alone. This forces you to be smart about closing in.

His A is a great way to learn ranges. Has no ammo, so no worries about reloads. Its a forced down.

His csA assist has OK tracking.

While his flags take some getting used to they're good for enemy wake ups and boost dash canceling so that you can boost without running.

He is MASTER at punishing dumb things.

If anyone melees recklessly you can AC (Doragon Fi-YAH!!) And then full melee or A, or just A and leave or direction BC step x3

I suggest playing him with a suit that can bully. If your 3k can bully and present you with opportunities Dragon can really be a pain.

Also consider Spiegel. Lob grenade kunais for days.

You can also try Dragon Gundam. I'll explain my reasoning:

Dragon can not force his way in alone. This forces you to be smart about closing in.

His A is a great way to learn ranges. Has no ammo, so no worries about reloads. Its a forced down.

His csA assist has OK tracking.

While his flags take some getting used to they're good for enemy wake ups and boost dash canceling so that you can boost without running.

He is MASTER at punishing dumb things.

If anyone melees recklessly you can AC (Doragon Fi-YAH!!) And then full melee or A, or just A and leave or direction BC step x3

I suggest playing him with a suit that can bully. If your 3k can bully and present you with opportunities Dragon can really be a pain.

I have altron for the role of dragon xd i main susanoo so any tips for him

I use Altron's br freely. It is not a turn shot even backwards.

I play Dragon and Altron the same to be honest. Altron A dragon arm is vernierless but less range.

I don't play Susanoo. All I can really say is check Brett's entry for that suit and be smart about Trans-Am

Also don't be greedy unless you know you have a full punish. Easiest way to over cost your partner

I use Altron's br freely. It is not a turn shot even backwards.

I play Dragon and Altron the same to be honest. Altron A dragon arm is vernierless but less range.

I don't play Susanoo. All I can really say is check Brett's entry for that suit and be smart about Trans-Am

Also don't be greedy unless you know you have a full punish. Easiest way to over cost your partner

I have won a great deal of matches with him i mostly melee confirm after a or sub or both at once i often use special melee 6 to get in aswel ive seen the brett susa thread it was super usefull hes transam gives him a huuuuge presence on the field