brett_

[FB] Gundam EXVS Simple Q&A Thread - Ask Anything!

To me it is fair you stand to gain 15 dollars but i dont care ill let you know when i get my money to putt on paypall

Alright man, lemme know

Watched this game get played a ton while I was in Japan, but never had a partner to play with. Now I'm back in the LA area and I still want to play it.

I go to Super Arcade to play P4UA and I know they have done tournaments for EXVS in the past, that whole vector strike thing. Is there any meet ups other than the occasional tournament though? I'm down to import a copy if there are people to play with, even just online lobbies would be nice.

So I guess basically my question is what kind of scene is there for this game these days? 

I recently obtained Extreme vs FB (japan import) and was wondering about purchasing some dlc. I have a HK psn and Japanese psn. Could I buy dlc from hk psn and it work with my jpn version or do I have to buy dlc only from the jpn ps store?

I bought my DLC+Online pass on the HK PSN but I got the game from the Japanese PSN. So yes you can buy DLC from HK PSN.

Update: seems to be working again after browsing the store and downloading 1 or 2 replays. I believe is the update causing some weird issue. 

@ Scrubtrash, yeah i bought an asia copy as well and i recieved an online pass. You should too, in the form of a leaflet iirc.

Hi, not sure why but these 3 days i cant login for online play. PSN works fine. I have an asia online pass and have been playing with the same psn. Cant read jap so hope some kind soul can translate whats the issue on the screen. thanks. 

https://flic.kr/p/pQRYi1

It says something along the lines of an error with downloading your data. 

Update: seems to be working again after browsing the store and downloading 1 or 2 replays. I believe is the update causing some weird issue. 

@ Scrubtrash, yeah i bought an asia copy as well and i recieved an online pass. You should too, in the form of a leaflet iirc.

In the box? All i got was the disc and the manual.

Anything i can do? I have deleted the game data from my hdd and reinstalled the updates, deleted the saves and tried again. All didnt work :(

Hi, not sure why but these 3 days i cant login for online play. PSN works fine. I have an asia online pass and have been playing with the same psn. Cant read jap so hope some kind soul can translate whats the issue on the screen. thanks. 

https://flic.kr/p/pQRYi1

Anyone can help? i tried deleting my game data and saves from my hdd and start over but still the problem persisted...

Could anyone tell me how to do Mina's Astray Gold Frame "Tsumuha no Itachi" Triple Claw. It's said on the wiki that  4/6/8/2[bC] would do. But when i press 4/6/8[bC] , it's just a normal BC. 2[bC] is a melee counter that you grasp your opponent and toss him away.

Could anyone tell me how to do Mina's Astray Gold Frame "Tsumuha no Itachi" Triple Claw. It's said on the wiki that  4/6/8/2[bC] would do. But when i press 4/6/8[bC] , it's just a normal BC. 2[bC] is a melee counter that you grasp your opponent and toss him away.

You can do 2bc or 8bc enders when you grab them with BC, that might be what you're talking about

The triple claw is the melee counter. That being said, I think there is indeed an error on the wiki page. When I checked the JP wiki page again just now it shows only [2BC] as the melee counter, and [5BC] as the grab attack (which yes, then has ~8B and ~2B followup derivatives.

I started that page to try to have it up when the DLC was released back in August so that people who bought it would maybe contribute to it (and so at that time, there wasn't really a lot of info on the JP wiki for the suit either, but it has now filled out), but I personally didn't buy the suit so never kept up with the page. I'll get this error fixed though.

After digging around, i found something interesting. The Astray Gold Frame Mina Custom in FB is equipped with Okitsu no Kagami, the long pole on it left arm. In order to equipped this, it has to remove the Tsumuha no Tachi triple claw (which is also equipped on the left arm). So basically, there isn't attack with the triple claw in GVSFB. I guess the japanese wiki is making a mistake here.

After digging around, i found something interesting. The Astray Gold Frame Mina Custom in FB is equipped with Okitsu no Kagami, the long pole on it left arm. In order to equipped this, it has to remove the Tsumuha no Tachi triple claw (which is also equipped on the left arm). So basically, there isn't attack with the triple claw in GVSFB. I guess the japanese wiki is making a mistake here.

This is an interesting observation, but actually, many times the terms used on the JP wiki are taken straight from Bamco news releases. Both the EXVSFB page and the original gundaminfo news release have "tsumuha no tachi" listed as part of it's [bC] armament. That EXVSFB image doesn't explicitly list its 2B, but the gundaminfo release does say its 2B is okitsu no kagami.

So, it's more of a case that Bamco slightly fudged mechanical canon in order to put what they wanted in for the moveset than the terms actually being incorrect.

Still, interesting observation to have caught that :)