brett_

[FB] Gundam EXVS Simple Q&A Thread - Ask Anything!

Was talking to my friend and he said that there is a damage correction system where the lower your hp the higher damage you deal.  Is that true??

Yes, that's correct - though I dont know if anyone has details on the actual numbers regarding it, you definitely deal more damage if you are at extremely low hp values.

Similarly, there is a kind of Guts rating like in GG, where you also take slightly less damage if you are low health.

Both the damage buff and reduction values are pretty low though, along the lines of like 5 or 10% +-.

Yes, that's correct - though I dont know if anyone has details on the actual numbers regarding it, you definitely deal more damage if you are at extremely low hp values.

Similarly, there is a kind of Guts rating like in GG, where you also take slightly less damage if you are low health.

Both the damage buff and reduction values are pretty low though, along the lines of like 5 or 10% +-.

icic,  thanks for the ans!

Hey everyone I've tried looking through most of the forums posts but couldn't find the answer. How would I run a local 2v2 set up?

Am i able to gameshare with 3 other accounts if i buy a digital copy? i'm trying to get a set up at my house to play with a couple of friends but not entirely sure how to go about it. 

you'll need 4 separate PS3s connected to PSN and all 4 accounts need an online pass

you can 4-way gameshare using the periodic reset option, google for the specifics on it yes. Once you have all four PS3s with the game running and INDIVIDUAL ONLINE PASSES (this part is important) you then hook all 4 ps3's up to the same router via ethernet and it should play as if it were offline.

Have u guys even encounter a bottleneck where u felt that ur game play is not improving no matter how many games u r playing on ranked matches?  I felt that my rank is stuck for a very long time and im not progressing at the rate I wanted it to.  I dun feel like using S ranked MS to reach higher rankings either (Right now Im only using Epyon and Zaku II for ranked matches).  

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I should go from there?

Have u guys even encounter a bottleneck where u felt that ur game play is not improving no matter how many games u r playing on ranked matches?  I felt that my rank is stuck for a very long time and im not progressing at the rate I wanted it to.  I dun feel like using S ranked MS to reach higher rankings either (Right now Im only using Epyon and Zaku II for ranked matches).  

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I should go from there?

Try using normal suits (RX-78, F91, Hyakushiki, etc., or other more passive, ranged-based suits) so you can better understand the flow of the game. Zaku Kai and Epyon both have very unique playstyles that don't conform to the normal flow of the game, so players who start off on those suits often don't actually understand the decision making behind other player's movements.

Obviously, you can continue to try to rank up with just those suits if you want to, but definitely at least pay attention to the decisions you're making and your opponents are making throughout a match.

There is, of course, some overlap in terms of movement and whatnot, but landing punishes, BR timings, and all that are harder to understand from a receiving end, and easier to understand when you're the one performing those moves.

Sorry if I misunderstood something. There isn't much information in your post to work with. I just noticed that your suit list generally has very few 'normal' suits. X2 is the only one on there that really plays from a passive position.

Try using normal suits (RX-78, F91, Hyakushiki, etc., or other more passive, ranged-based suits) so you can better understand the flow of the game. Zaku Kai and Epyon both have very unique playstyles that don't conform to the normal flow of the game, so players who start off on those suits often don't actually understand the decision making behind other player's movements.

Obviously, you can continue to try to rank up with just those suits if you want to, but definitely at least pay attention to the decisions you're making and your opponents are making throughout a match.

There is, of course, some overlap in terms of movement and whatnot, but landing punishes, BR timings, and all that are harder to understand from a receiving end, and easier to understand when you're the one performing those moves.

Sorry if I misunderstood something. There isn't much information in your post to work with. I just noticed that your suit list generally has very few 'normal' suits. X2 is the only one on there that really plays from a passive position.

I have tried play with other normal ranged suits in custom matches as well (eg, X2, Luna Zaku, Blue Frame, GP01, Rozen etc etc).  I wouldnt say im doing too bad with those suits, but its just their play style is kind of boring.  Of coz, I havent mastered them completely, i.e. cant save my teammate all the time and gets landing punishes from time to time.   

Back in the days when I was still at 少佐.  Playing Epyon is no problem.  Now Im at 中佐**** people starting to get smarter and have better teamwork lol.  Its hard to close in or land a proper combo.

I only started using Zaku for ranked matches recently.  The problem im facing is against over aggressive opponents (esp. 3k suits) and teammate not coming to help me.  Also I have a very hard time against flying opponents.

So maybe I should stick with suits like X2 for a while and observe how other team plays?

P.s My suit list is quite outdated.. haha.  Maybe its time for me to update it!

What suit should I play to learn 3k fundamentals with I'm not really interested in any of the current 3ks,but I feel I need to learn the skill?

I have tried play with other normal ranged suits in custom matches as well (eg, X2, Luna Zaku, Blue Frame, GP01, Rozen etc etc).  I wouldnt say im doing too bad with those suits, but its just their play style is kind of boring.  Of coz, I havent mastered them completely, i.e. cant save my teammate all the time and gets landing punishes from time to time.   

Back in the days when I was still at 少佐.  Playing Epyon is no problem.  Now Im at 中佐**** people starting to get smarter and have better teamwork lol.  Its hard to close in or land a proper combo.

I only started using Zaku for ranked matches recently.  The problem im facing is against over aggressive opponents (esp. 3k suits) and teammate not coming to help me.  Also I have a very hard time against flying opponents.

So maybe I should stick with suits like X2 for a while and observe how other team plays?

P.s My suit list is quite outdated.. haha.  Maybe its time for me to update it!

My #1 recommendation is to watch your own replays. And also watch them from the other player's perspectives.

Also try focusing on using the minimap more - it can help you create better positioning, make it easier to deal with your opponents, and improves teamwork with your partner. Also try to read into what your partner is doing / thinking / what his plan is.

It's true, especially when playing with random partners on Ranked (I'm assuming this is ranked shuffle from your comments), that your partner might just not notice or make the right decision and be unable to protect you / fail to peel. But there are also times where if you look back at the replay from your partners perspective, he may have just been aiming for an equally good plan, or was already committing to a certain strategy. Being on the same wavelength as your partner is sometimes more valuable than choosing the most optimal plan itself. 

My #1 recommendation is to watch your own replays. And also watch them from the other player's perspectives.

Also try focusing on using the minimap more - it can help you create better positioning, make it easier to deal with your opponents, and improves teamwork with your partner. Also try to read into what your partner is doing / thinking / what his plan is.

It's true, especially when playing with random partners on Ranked (I'm assuming this is ranked shuffle from your comments), that your partner might just not notice or make the right decision and be unable to protect you / fail to peel. But there are also times where if you look back at the replay from your partners perspective, he may have just been aiming for an equally good plan, or was already committing to a certain strategy. Being on the same wavelength as your partner is sometimes more valuable than choosing the most optimal plan itself. 

Uve made a good point.  I do look at my replays from time to time but usually from the other teams perspective.  I guess ill try look from my partner's perspective more.

Usually I only look at the minimap when I cant see both opponents on my screen.  Im not sure if that is enough.

Uve made a good point.  I do look at my replays from time to time but usually from the other teams perspective.  I guess ill try look from my partner's perspective more.

Usually I only look at the minimap when I cant see both opponents on my screen.  Im not sure if that is enough.

I'd suggest looking at it every now and then to make sure you know where your partner is, as well, especially if you aren't playing front and you can't see your partner anywhere.

Zaku Kai is a pretty hard suit to play overall, by the way. There are a lot of small tricks you should learn to up your survival rate in 1v1 and 1v2 situations against suits with better tools. Things like abusing Santa + shield for stalling, or grenading yourself for more boost, and so-on. Definitely not an easy suit to learn to play on ranked shuffle, though he actually is quite strong in shuffle once you've gotten comfortable with him.

Anyone know how to pull off the CSa/b cancel with Char's Gelgoog? I tried with Turbo, but the CSa start up is too fast. Saw it being done a few times on Shuffle ranked. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6YagolBoHk

Afaik, it's just a matter of being able to alternate mash quickly enough. Turbo generally doesn't work because the A and B buttons fire and release at the same time, while the glitch/technique/whatever requires them to alternate.

Why do Masters/Epyon's try to melee their partner so often at game start?  Is there something I'm missing I thought blocking your partner didn't build boost anymore?

Why do Masters/Epyon's try to melee their partner so often at game start?  Is there something I'm missing I thought blocking your partner didn't build boost anymore?

It's probably just for fun, especially if the Master player can do the full teammate combo. I don't think Epyon can do a full teammate combo, but it's likely just for the heck of it anyway.

And no, it doesn't build burst on block anymore. If the partner gets hit, it does build burst, but it's pretty much pointless to do that.

https://vine.co/v/OpZpAPAZEuE

There's another Vine but I can't find it.

I meant from starting positions, with the teammate next to him. :P Everyone can do teammate combos by lining up their teammate with an opponent.

I could be wrong, anyway. I don't play Epyon much at all. xD

Yeah it's just for the lulz. I always do that to my brother whenever I use Master/Epyon when playing arcade route.

I asked this before and I guess I was completely ignoreD. I would like to learn this game but there is never anyone around when I try to play people. Is there a time or a place I should be looking for to play people?

I asked this before and I guess I was completely ignoreD. I would like to learn this game but there is never anyone around when I try to play people. Is there a time or a place I should be looking for to play people?

If you have a twitter, you can talk to Mightfo. He sets up sessions every week.

What am I supposed to do if a strong melee suit is sitting right on top of me, and my teammate is not assisting?

Ask your teammate to come help. :( That aside....

You have a couple options. Universally, all suits can wakeup and then step hop away, which puts you in a situation where the melee suit is chasing and you're running. All suits can also wakeup and mash, or wakeup and BR then boost dash away. There's ALSO the typically effective but often unrewarding option of teching into the melee suit and then flying straight up so they can't catch you as easily. In the last case, players tend to fly up a little, and then boost over the melee suit to mess with red lock angles and whatnot before landing for a new bar of boost.

There's also the wakeup and block option, but I'm not going to advocate using that one very much. That and the 'fly straight up' strat are most useful when your teammate is nearby to help.

A lot of suits have unique anti-melee options, as well. Reborns' gagas, Noir 2B/sub/bc/etc., melee counters, whatever will all work reasonably well against aggressive camping melee players.

Generally speaking, wakeup game against melee suits is just a guessing game where you have to choose something that doesn't immediately lose to what they do. If you succeed, you end up in something more like a neutral game situation, and the game plays out from there.

I'd say that being comfortable when being chased by melee will help quite a lot in wakeup situations against them.

If in doubt, though, try choosing a direction to tech and then step hopping away. It's fairly effective against most melee options.

Also, try to attack out of whatever option you choose, so that the melee player is forced to respect your decisions. If they constantly camp and mash on your wakeup, you aren't presenting a defense that they feel like they need to respect.

//written off the top of my head, and I probably missed some stuff or wrote some weird crap. Take it with a grain of salt! :P

There's something called Casual night that happens once or twice a week for more beginning / intermediate players - I don't remember who to talk to for that but I think there's a thread? Might still be DoubleTaco, not quite sure, but following him on twitter would probably be the most direct way.

Team Free rooms generally pop up pretty often during peak hours.

You can also try some of the various facebook groups, such as Team aBc, or Operation North America (I'm not sure whether this one is still active though).

You can try the #gafgundam channel on EFNet on IRC too.

There's a Skype chat floating about but I'm not sure whether it's open invite or a exclusive sub-community.

There's also a LINE chat I've started up for anyone interested, anyone can just ask me for an invite for it.

On twitch a small group of players generally coordinate and play periodically in my channel as well.