brett_

[FB] Gundam EXVS Simple Q&A Thread - Ask Anything!

Ask your teammate to come help. :( That aside....

You have a couple options. Universally, all suits can wakeup and then step hop away, which puts you in a situation where the melee suit is chasing and you're running. All suits can also wakeup and mash, or wakeup and BR then boost dash away. There's ALSO the typically effective but often unrewarding option of teching into the melee suit and then flying straight up so they can't catch you as easily. In the last case, players tend to fly up a little, and then boost over the melee suit to mess with red lock angles and whatnot before landing for a new bar of boost.

There's also the wakeup and block option, but I'm not going to advocate using that one very much. That and the 'fly straight up' strat are most useful when your teammate is nearby to help.

A lot of suits have unique anti-melee options, as well. Reborns' gagas, Noir 2B/sub/bc/etc., melee counters, whatever will all work reasonably well against aggressive camping melee players.

Generally speaking, wakeup game against melee suits is just a guessing game where you have to choose something that doesn't immediately lose to what they do. If you succeed, you end up in something more like a neutral game situation, and the game plays out from there.

I'd say that being comfortable when being chased by melee will help quite a lot in wakeup situations against them.

If in doubt, though, try choosing a direction to tech and then step hopping away. It's fairly effective against most melee options.

Also, try to attack out of whatever option you choose, so that the melee player is forced to respect your decisions. If they constantly camp and mash on your wakeup, you aren't presenting a defense that they feel like they need to respect.

//written off the top of my head, and I probably missed some stuff or wrote some weird crap. Take it with a grain of salt! :P

Sounds good I guess I should of been more specific I actually don't really have too many issues against suits like Quant on wakeup...or even that new dragon gundam thing that isn't dragon.  It's mostly ones that have a side whip like Master/Epyon/Full cloth(when it's powered up).  That's the move in particular I feel like no matter what option I pick...except block I lose to that.

Sounds good I guess I should of been more specific I actually don't really have too many issues against suits like Quant on wakeup...or even that new dragon gundam thing that isn't dragon.  It's mostly ones that have a side whip like Master/Epyon/Full cloth(when it's powered up).  That's the move in particular I feel like no matter what option I pick...except block I lose to that.

Back tech > step jump away should beat that pretty much every single time. Rising will beat it, too, but I'm still not going to suggest doing that.

Obviously, it'll lose to some other options unless you expend a bunch of boost, but it's generally pretty good.

Back tech > step jump away should beat that pretty much every single time. Rising will beat it, too, but I'm still not going to suggest doing that.

Obviously, it'll lose to some other options unless you expend a bunch of boost, but it's generally pretty good.

Yeah I tested this out while playing with master using my feet, if only we had a record function :(, seems to work well enough which is really all I needed.

So I'm having trouble with movement or rather the concept of it. Watching replays it seems that staying close to the ground to gain back the boost meter and not boosting past the orange part of the boost meter is the best way to play neutral or any role. Landing in overheat is something I've been struggling with since the start of my Gundam journey. I've heard of boost hacking or something like that where you fuwa near the ground, gain back full boost, then boost back up to get closer to the enemy.

Is there a video that can show me this or an example? Maybe I've been using fuwa wrong? Or misunderstanding what fuwa is exactly. I watched the JP video on fuwa but it didn't really help me too much. I'm the type of person that has to do it himself to actually use/understand something. 

I don't know where the term "boost hacking" might have come from, but I'm assuming you're just talking about brake cancelling. Alternatively, you might be talking about boost hopping?

Could you elaborate?

The boost glitch maybe?

Could be, but that doesn't gain your boost back, it just doesn't consume much, hence why I'm a bit confused about the question.

I don't know where the term "boost hacking" might have come from, but I'm assuming you're just talking about brake cancelling. Alternatively, you might be talking about boost hopping?

Could you elaborate?

Sorry, yes the boost hopping I guess is what it would be called. Is there a suit that can practice this well? Brake canceling I kinda know from using God Gundam and struggling to learn Master Gundam. Do you just tap C a couple of times to be boost efficient? Also how does the boost glitch work? 

Edit: Ahh I got it! www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzkUzMf-e2g Thanks for making the video Brett. Gotta practice it and conserving HP as the back role.

How the heck do you even fight Norn?

This is not really an easy question to answer. There are a few suits in the game (Norn, WZTV, X-Div to a degree I think) that just have fucking great armament collections that make them awful to try to approach and fight against. And so, the truest answer I think is that you simply have to out-play the other player, more than trying to out-play the suit.

Norn is king of the mountain in Full Boost with its awesome mobility and toolkit, but if the opponent player is fresh and doesn't necessarily understand the fundamentals of the neutral game and playing the suit the way it is meant to be played, then a better player can definitely beat them. But if Norn is in the hands of a better player (and especially if you yourself are still learning the game), you're...probably just going to get your ass kicked :/ The machine is just so well-equipped.

You're definitely not the first person to ask this question though, and so I'm going to try to - at least for some of the more frustrating MS to fight in the game - add a section to their wiki page for Countermeasures, starting with Norn

If any of our upper tier players would like to help with this, your community would thank you :)

WZ-TV seems insane too...but far less insane when it doesn't have the no fun allowed bubble, so I just kind of count the seconds and when it starts no fun mode I just play very defensive so it like makes sense to me how to play around it.  Norn just feels like a constant barrage of really good beams and blue balls, then it has the shotgun mine things and a gerobi for kicks.  I feel like there is some way I can abuse it's reload to use that to have some aggression but every time I try I get stopped by one of it's subweapons.

Another thing I'm finding very frusterating especially playing on US shuffle...in cutting for my teammate getting meleed when he is fairly high up in the air.  I feel like most of the time I'm just wasting shots and should just wait until he lands to get a landing punish I see alot of players run in for a melee though.  I know it's something I'm just going to have to get used to but am I correct in my assessment of just let them get comboed unless I have an easy cut or we are going to lose the game...and just do a landing punish or is there positioning thing I'm missing that I could be using when I thing this is about to occur.  I'm noticing with Turn-X at least if I see a melee about to occur sending my parts out is effective and just canceling if my teammate wins.  With Gunner Zaku I feel like if I have a full charged gerobi and a spare second(enemy landed behind something) I can normally cut even if they are at an awkward angle.  But most of the time if everyone is flying high in the air and I try to follow I feel like it goes poorly...but if I just sit on the ground waiting for a punish my teammate dies.

Another thing I'm finding very frusterating especially playing on US shuffle...in cutting for my teammate getting meleed when he is fairly high up in the air.  I feel like most of the time I'm just wasting shots and should just wait until he lands to get a landing punish I see alot of players run in for a melee though.  I know it's something I'm just going to have to get used to but am I correct in my assessment of just let them get comboed unless I have an easy cut or we are going to lose the game...and just do a landing punish or is there positioning thing I'm missing that I could be using when I thing this is about to occur.  I'm noticing with Turn-X at least if I see a melee about to occur sending my parts out is effective and just canceling if my teammate wins.  With Gunner Zaku I feel like if I have a full charged gerobi and a spare second(enemy landed behind something I can normally cut even if they are at an awkward angle.  But most of the time if everyone is flying high in the air and I try to follow I feel like it goes poorly...but if I just sit on the ground waiting for a punish my teammate dies.

You're correct about waiting for a landing punish. If you have a wide shot or are on-angle and don't think he's going to step, like you mentioned, you can try and cut, and you can always try and fire while you're falling since you might as well. But generally yeah if they're doing a cut resistant combo you're actually reducing your chance of cutting by wildly firing. 

It definitely sucks when your teammate dies that way but since you get the landing punish usually, your not losing out too much in terms of damage race. Also note that while this is occuring, the opponent's second player is probably attacking you to stop a cut, so you may get hit for attempting to cut the melee. A very common losing pattern is:

1) Partner gets hit by melee

2) You attempt to cut opponent, but miss

3) You get hit by his partner because you overboosted, and get knocked down

4) Partner gets 2v1'd on oki and hit

How do people use their funnels properly, I normally see like 2 used at once all the time but how do you place them do you go like front back or do you try to read how they will dash?

In my opinion, funnels tend to be less useful for actually hitting opponents (though they obviously will sometimes hit) and far more useful for forcing opponents to spend extra boost. You can position funnels to help with your own aggression, or can just send a couple out to cover gaps in your boosting pattern (ie: if you can land but the opponent has to perform an action to avoid a funnel).

As far as the positioning of the funnels, I don't usually play funnel suits too much, but I suspect that left/right funnels are probably more useful than front/back ones, largely because of their different angles of fire compared to your own BRs. Back funnels are mostly useful for unblocking people, and front funnels can be useful for blockstrings.

Again, though, I'm not a frequent funneler. :P

Yeah I was really asking about funnel placement mostly.  Like if you shoot out 2 funnels do you normally place one side and one back?  Or Both side? does it depend? which side do you pick, the one you believe they are moving in or the opposite one?

It's a main -> sub cancel. Normally if you do this, because both Main and Sub do not cause vernier while on angle, you'll be stuck in a mid-air sidestep animation.

However if you do this at the very edge of off angle, your off-angle (causes vernier) main shot will become an on-angle main shot.

Basically do an out of angle step main -> sub right at the edge of off-angle and you'll get this effect. 

This is kind of similar to how sometimes if you use WTV's CS main at the tip of on-angle, it'll turn into an off-angle halfway through and nothing will happen.

I've seen some suits slide across the floor before getting up after getting downed. Is this suit specific?

Edit: figured it out. Hold A while downed. Seems a bit handy

Edit: this seems unique to Alex.

I am at a loss with how to fight alongside a melee centered suit.

For example let's go with God Gundam. What am I looking to do as a 1k or 3k suit?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Pretty generic response incoming:

As a 3k, play your front game and hope that the God Gundam knows what he's doing. God generally will play a more aggressive back role, and cannot function as well if his front player is playing extremely passively. Having said that, God Gundam should adapt and play to the style of his partnered 3k, unless the 3k is playing back (which happens).

As a 1k, you'll want to play aggressively and control as much of the flow of the game as possible without dying. God Gundam is a pretty average front suit, so you'll want to back him up in creating map control and maintaining presence, more so than you would need to with a traditional front suit. Try to keep your health balanced with your partners and let him die before you take a second life.

In the online menu, what are the numbers on the right for, and why does it only show the RX-78 on my player card? IE what are SP CP and TP?

In the online menu, what are the numbers on the right for, and why does it only show the RX-78 on my player card? IE what are SP CP and TP?

SP = Solo points (ranked points)

TP = Team points (ranked points)

CP = Character points (increases whenever you use a suit on ranked, specific to each suit)

It shows your most played suit on your card (ie: the suit with the most CP), if I recall correctly.

Scrub question here how do i play well with deathscythe heavyarms and redframe cause deathscythe goes well the ithers i mentioned dont

Heavy Arms:

【EXVSFB】ヘビーアームズ 弱体化に負けないための講座: https://youtu.be/ZXEZjdN2kqI

Be an acrobat. I feel like Heavy Arms is more mobile then he lets on. Back turned to the opponent? Step and press B. You'll turn and fire missiles. 8b forces green landing. His acrobat flips can be stepped and allow an 8b follow up. Use them to setup great angles for your mg. His mobility let's him dance at midrange and come out unscathed.

Abuse his cs missiles as much as you can. Even if they were nerfed.

-------

Deathscythe

You have 2 tools to protect yourself. Jammers and Wing shield. Be smart about their use.

Spam csA freely.

Use A for simple harass.

If you have your opponent scared and running set up Wufei. Wufei assist is nasty. When setup properly I've been hit from behind while Wufei smacked me from the front.

If your front creates the opportunities Deathscythe is more than happy to capitalize.

Gundam EXVSFB Deathscythe Hell adasruz: http://youtu.be/9-PELj1am_Y

------

Red Frame

8BC is good.

Be patient. Be patient. Be patient.

Support your front properly. Let him get you your openings.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk