brett_

[FB] Gundam EXVS Simple Q&A Thread - Ask Anything!

Was just wondering is there anything special you get when you get 5 stars on a mobile suit? 

bragging rights

Heavy Arms:

【EXVSFB】ヘビーアームズ 弱体化に負けないための講座: https://youtu.be/ZXEZjdN2kqI

Be an acrobat. I feel like Heavy Arms is more mobile then he lets on. Back turned to the opponent? Step and press B. You'll turn and fire missiles. 8b forces green landing. His acrobat flips can be stepped and allow an 8b follow up. Use them to setup great angles for your mg. His mobility let's him dance at midrange and come out unscathed.

Abuse his cs missiles as much as you can. Even if they were nerfed.

-------

Deathscythe

You have 2 tools to protect yourself. Jammers and Wing shield. Be smart about their use.

Spam csA freely.

Use A for simple harass.

If you have your opponent scared and running set up Wufei. Wufei assist is nasty. When setup properly I've been hit from behind while Wufei smacked me from the front.

If your front creates the opportunities Deathscythe is more than happy to capitalize.

Gundam EXVSFB Deathscythe Hell adasruz: http://youtu.be/9-PELj1am_Y

------

Red Frame

8BC is good.

Be patient. Be patient. Be patient.

Support your front properly. Let him get you your openings.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks i thought heavy arms was more than meets the eye but i couldnt find it on my own

Thanks i thought heavy arms was more than meets the eye but i couldnt find it on my own

Glad to help. He's hard to use.

Hey guys, so I've had full boost for around a week and have been loving it. I've been wondering why there aren't more games like this and virtual on.

I've read the beginner info that's posted on the beginner thread and have been getting my face murdered online though.

I mainly seem to have trouble punishing landings while mine get punished instead. 

I know all suits have different timing with shots and boosts, but let's say I'm playing Hyaku Shiki, any tips for the timing as to when I should begin firing and how many shots?

Also, any tips from seasoned players? The kind of tips you'd want to go back in time and tell your past self when you started out or when you where having trouble?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.

It varies from player to player, but personally, I found that learning how to move and stay close to my opponents was easier than learning landing punish timings at first. Understanding movement options and being able to stay closer to the opponent as they landed made practicing and applying the concept of landing punishes easier later on.

Not sure if that's the type of thing you were looking for, though. It's somewhat hard to think of a good way to explain practicing landing punishes without just saying to practice and try a lot. It's far easier to practice punishing landings at close range due to the shorter travel distance, and then work your way back out to longer ranges, but it's harder to stay in close without getting hit, yourself.

I also don't remember exactly what's detailed in the beginner guide anymore, but movement vectors and vertical angles do come into play a lot when punishing landings.

On Hyakushiki, since you mentioned it, you do have some leeway on timing closer-range landings, due to the cancel from BR to sub, and the sub being a shotgun/AOE-type weapon. His csA also has a reasonably fast travel speed, so it's probably going to feel easier to land punishes with that than normal BRs at first (though it's not advisable to always be charging a csA, of course).

It does seem to be easier to land punishes at close range. Thanks.

Of course then I have to worry about how bad I am at melee attacks, 6b seems to be good for avoiding projectiles while moving in, and 8b and shield seem to be good if they are charging with a melee attack, as far as I can tell.

Some times I get messages that are red in online matches or lobbies and then the connection is dropped, does that mean I'm getting kicked or that there's internet connection problems. Also, upon entering a room and trying to start up a match there are 6-8 line messages that pop up that will usually say a number at some point in them and I cannot initiate a match, does anyone know what these mean?

Hey!

Does anyone have some general tips/simple gameplan for Gerbera Tetra? For the life of me I can't figure that suit out. Although she's not my only suit, I've been continously playing her for as long as the game's been out, but no matter how hard I try, it seems I can't do well with her at all.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm nto particularly good at the game, but whenever I play online, I always do much, much better with my other suits than I do with her, regardless of how much time I've put into them)

Anyhoo, if anyone could give me some general pointers, I'd be super thankful.

Hey!

Does anyone have some general tips/simple gameplan for Gerbera Tetra? For the life of me I can't figure that suit out. Although she's not my only suit, I've been continously playing her for as long as the game's been out, but no matter how hard I try, it seems I can't do well with her at all.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm nto particularly good at the game, but whenever I play online, I always do much, much better with my other suits than I do with her, regardless of how much time I've put into them)

Anyhoo, if anyone could give me some general pointers, I'd be super thankful.

If you play any melee suits, Gerbera has a somewhat similar playstyle/gameplan as melee suits'. She wants to get in somewhat close, abuse her main (it staggers quickly and fires with a shotgun-esque spread), and really just lock-down suits that are within her kill range. Her overall mobility is reasonably good, and her assists and amekyans are really quite good, as well.

Her sub (physical MG) and assists really allow her to play a somewhat more mid-range game, as well, which is very handy when supporting a more passive front player or when simply playing defensively.

Hey I've got a few questions. 

Does this game have a decent online following in NA (eastern) region? 

Is the local split screen worth playing? From what I can tell it's not used for competitive play; do you use online matchmaking even for local tournament?

I don't have FB yet but am i right to assume i should wait for 'the best' version to come out on psn for half price? (the current $100+ version is a bit much imo.) I see it here on the JP PSN store http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/bljs50043.html

Thanks

Hey I've got a few questions. 

Does this game have a decent online following in NA (eastern) region? 

Is the local split screen worth playing? From what I can tell it's not used for competitive play; do you use online matchmaking even for local tournament?

I don't have FB yet but am i right to assume i should wait for 'the best' version to come out on psn for half price? (the current $100+ version is a bit much imo.) I see it here on the JP PSN store http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/bljs50043.html

Thanks

1) I'm not sure what the specific numbers are, but I know there are some players in NY and up in Canada, as well as the Southeast, that I think are who are considered the "East Coast" scene.

2) Split screen isn't insufferable I guess, but it's not very satisfying either; it cuts a LOT of your peripheral vision. At any rate, it's not used in tournaments or competitive play anyway, because playing online requires the Online Pass, so only one account/console can be logged in at a time. So yeah, even for local 4v4, online matchmaking is required and requires 4 separate consoles and screens.

I mean...I remember seeing somewhere someone talking about how to try to get around that, but it was a little complicated...

3) Yeah, obviously wait for The Best and import it if you want to save money. Buying the digital version is still full price.

use any gerobi in splitscreen for some laughs

or extreme sadness, depending on your perspective

Hey all, any idea what time the new patch goes live in NA?  Is it available already?

Am anxious to get my hands on the new DLC.

Some times I get messages that are red in online matches or lobbies and then the connection is dropped, does that mean I'm getting kicked or that there's internet connection problems. Also, upon entering a room and trying to start up a match there are 6-8 line messages that pop up that will usually say a number at some point in them and I cannot initiate a match, does anyone know what these mean?

Honestly cant remember by just the description, I'd need to read the JP, but its possible that you might be trying to enter a room that has banned your connection quality. Also it does give you messages when you d/c informing you that you've received a penalty for disconnecting (its not serious but if you d/c over a certain threshold your name changes color)

Hey all, any idea what time the new patch goes live in NA?  Is it available already?

Am anxious to get my hands on the new DLC.

The patch is up already on JP PSN, I'm not sure about HK.

If you play any melee suits, Gerbera has a somewhat similar playstyle/gameplan as melee suits'. She wants to get in somewhat close, abuse her main (it staggers quickly and fires with a shotgun-esque spread), and really just lock-down suits that are within her kill range. Her overall mobility is reasonably good, and her assists and amekyans are really quite good, as well.

Her sub (physical MG) and assists really allow her to play a somewhat more mid-range game, as well, which is very handy when supporting a more passive front player or when simply playing defensively.

Ah, that would explain my total failing then. I suck at melee and at properly handling myself at close range. I just tried to play her at mid, using her sub for pressure and her main and the odd melee combo for damage. Still, thanks. Now I have a better idea of what to work on.

I saw this game being played at EVO and It definitely got me interested. Is there a place where I can see all the currently available suits/DLC?

I saw this game being played at EVO and It definitely got me interested. Is there a place where I can see all the currently available suits/DLC?

That makes me happy that having a tournament at Evo got the game some more exposure :)

You can find all the DLC on the official webpage here. It's in Japanese, but you can just click the different dates at the top to see them all.

This forum is pretty dead though. Game's still hot with all the DLC it's been getting, but I guess everyone went off to play MB and lost interest in discussing  :(

Is there a FB tier list anywhere with the newer DLC integrated to the main list and properly ranked instead of being separate? Even prelim tiers for them if they haven't been tested thoroughly enough yet would be nice. exvsrank is slow as hell updating, and the last DLC suit they ranked was Norn.

Also noticed there's still no IJ (2500) or Forbidden threads in the cost subforums (both my mains D:). Might go ahead and make those later if no one else wants to.

Question to the approx. 3 people that still come here: did anyone actually want more damn Setsunas? The guy's right about being a conceptual "Gundam"; he's legion atm XD

So many amazing things they could pick up from 00V (or anywhere for that matter, since 00 is already over-represented) and they go with Setsuna clones.

This forum is pretty dead though. Game's still hot with all the DLC it's been getting, but I guess everyone went off to play MB and lost interest in discussing  :(

Is there a FB tier list anywhere with the newer DLC integrated to the main list and properly ranked instead of being separate? Even prelim tiers for them if they haven't been tested thoroughly enough yet would be nice. exvsrank is slow as hell updating, and the last DLC suit they ranked was Norn.

Also noticed there's still no IJ (2500) or Forbidden threads in the cost subforums (both my mains D:). Might go ahead and make those later if no one else wants to.

Question to the approx. 3 people that still come here: did anyone actually want more damn Setsunas? The guy's right about being a conceptual "Gundam"; he's legion atm XD

So many amazing things they could pick up from 00V (or anywhere for that matter, since 00 is already over-represented) and they go with Setsuna clones.

Ever since the second batch of this year's DLC suits (Penelope, Harute, etc), I've been coming here daily (seriously, I have a huge backlog of PS3 games to get through and EXVSFB is the ONLY game I'll play, even if only by myself).  I'll go ahead and put up Infinite Justice and Forbidden Gundam threads with movelists, as they won't take very long to do and I've got nothing but free time to devote to the game.

As for the myriad of Setsuna suits: I'm  guessing the devs really REALLY like him, but then when you consider that there are 3 Amuro suits, 3 Kira suits, 7 Zakus (counting Gunner Zaku Warrior) and 5 Char suits (counting Nightingale), I think its due to Japanese fan popularity polls.  I'm just happy the MSV are even being considered in a game that's focused on main Gundam series, though, some suits should have upgraded variants (looking at you Astray Blue Frame)!

Ever since the second batch of this year's DLC suits (Penelope, Harute, etc), I've been coming here daily (seriously, I have a huge backlog of PS3 games to get through and EXVSFB is the ONLY game I'll play, even if only by myself).  I'll go ahead and put up Infinite Justice and Forbidden Gundam threads with movelists, as they won't take very long to do and I've got nothing but free time to devote to the game.

As for the myriad of Setsuna suits: I'm  guessing the devs really REALLY like him, but then when you consider that there are 3 Amuro suits, 3 Kira suits, 7 Zakus (counting Gunner Zaku Warrior) and 5 Char suits (counting Nightingale), I think its due to Japanese fan popularity polls.  I'm just happy the MSV are even being considered in a game that's focused on main Gundam series, though, some suits should have upgraded variants (looking at you Astray Blue Frame)!

Thank you so much! <3 Haha the game is so hard to put down isn't it~

New question. Why are so many people insistent on picking FAUC? I mean sure it's strong but I can't go through 2 games without seeing someone go FAUC. Most people aren't even that good with it either ;x

And don't get me started on all the Sandrocks.

Thank you so much! <3 Haha the game is so hard to put down isn't it~

New question. Why are so many people insistent on picking FAUC? I mean sure it's strong but I can't go through 2 games without seeing someone go FAUC. Most people aren't even that good with it either ;x

And don't get me started on all the Sandrocks.

FAUC has one of the best range games in the game (LOL).  It can pressure and punish from afar and causes massive damage with most of its moves.  Whenever I use it (against the AI, of course), In first form I spam [AC] (the AI doesn't block or dodge it unless they are right next to you) and [AB] in controlled bursts, which gives plenty of time to have [CSa] ready for anyone who gets close.  If opponents bunch up trying to take out my partner, I jump straight up and release the propellant tanks [bC] for HUGE damage and juggles.

In second form, FAUC's [AB] is ridiculously good and it combos automatically (since it hits twice) while also setting up juggle opportunities.  Second form is great because it gives FAUC much-need melee options that first form doesn't have, not to mention that Unicorn's Beam Magnum is insanely good at keeping opponents away or finishing combos if you're out of bazooka ammo.  [bC] is also a great strategic weapon because it stuns.

Third form is really hit-or-miss: FAUC's melee combos are vicious because they are fast and can easily allow juggle follow-ups, but it's range game isn't as good as the first two forms.  [AC] is good (not great) because Unicorn can block certain shot attacks (only if they come from the front) while still getting off a shot from its Beam Magnum that's an instant knock-down.

There's a reason why many consider FAUC a A+ level suit.

As for Sandrock: great range game+great combo options+2000 cost = Lots of WIN.

It's also worth noting that form 3's side BC, and special movement BC, are both extreeeeeemely good. Also his 8B and Boost Dash Melee are both pretty godlike.