brett_

[FB] Gundam EXVS Simple Q&A Thread - Ask Anything!

Yo, is this still a thing? I got started playing GEXVS:FB for a bit, getting a good handle of most of the suits. I'm getting a bit disgruntled by rainbow dashing, not so much HOW to do that in general, but just using it against opponents who are rainbow dashing themselves. Even though I could do the same, I'm gonna get bodied anyway because apparently the other skilled player thinks way faster or just knows better. How do you counter all that? How do you find the right moment to lunge in for a combo knowing that the opponent can still rainbow dash?

Rainbow dashing eats lots of boost, loses to certain larger melees (ie: Xenon form 3 6B) and things like whips, can lose to backstep BR/Sub/BZ/etc., and can be called out with certain options (timings, assists, blocking, running away, etc.).

Generally, rainbow step wars are not things anyone really wants to engage in, and always being prepared to break off from them is a reasonably safe habit to have. Rainbow step wars always favour the player who entered them with more boost available, so if you have a good idea of your opponent's boost gauge, you can try to exploit it. As mentioned above, though, it will often still lose to anti-melee options like BZ and whatnot, so it's not some sort of end-all-be-all option. In fact, it's not uncommon to see players engage in rainbow step approaches for one or two steps, then do a disengaging rainbow step into BR to punish the opponent for trying to engage in that battle.

Other than that sort of general advice, it's useful to know your suit's melee ranges and hitboxes, as well as the opposing suit's melee properties. Understanding of those will allow you to better weigh the odds of winning a rainbow step war, as well as help you understand why players will do things like forward-step neutral melees to counter melee approaches (ie: quanta BD-melee can lose to many forward-step neutral melees due to the way it tracks, as well as its startup time upon reaching its 'target').

I would suggest not paying attention to the newer 3K DLC suits when studying melee properties, as those suits tend to have one or two particularly strong melees that don't really exhibit any specific weaknesses in melee battles. Those require unfortunately different approaches when dealing with them.

Edited by Tari

It's best to just think of melee as a punisher, and not something you go in specifically to do when both you and your opponent are at neutral. If you have any doubts about your target's ability to intercept or evade you, then you shouldn't melee.

Even melee suits like God, Master, Red Frame, Exia and Quanta need to hitconfirm from mid range into their melees unless they've caught the target with their pants down.

A strong way to utilize melee is as punishment for certain gaps. During boostdash startup you cannot step, so aiming to melee that post-BD gap is very powerful. 

For example, at mid-range, if both you and your opponent would normally do a BR, boost dash, BR style of engagement. If your opponent does BR, boostdash forward, BR as an aggressive play, your response of BR, boostdash towards them (7/9) 6B can often win. This is especially effective when you are feigning retreat, say by boost dashing away, in order to get the opponent to give chase. This straight up loses if they choose to respect that zone, wait-and-see, or bait melees, obviously, but hopefully this is a useful example of how entering space with melee during certain timings can be a strong gamble. Also note that this kind of thing works even with average melees, and is a great thing to throw out especially when you don't have very good subtle options (for example, as a 2K being assaulted by a 3K in burst). Like fighting games, it's a useful gambit based on reading your opponent's mental state (aggressive / overcommitted)

With regards to opponents rainbowstepping, note that you can only rainbowstep while in a melee (or various BC etc) state, so if you're having trouble getting your melee rainbowstep'd, they're probably attempting to melee you already. 

If you know you're going to get into a rainbowstep war and want to bail out, rainbow fuwastep backwards into main / amekyan / etc is a good soft way try and escape. Can lose to suits with insanely strong closing distance though.

Tiers have (finally) been updated for the latest rounds of DLC.

EXVS機体ランク

FAUC - S ★★★
Penelope - A ★
Seven Sword - A ★
Harute - A ★

Tallgeese II - S ★★★
Red Dragon - A ★
Avalanche Exia - B ★★★

Sandrock - S ★★★
Blitz - S ★★
Char's Zaku II - A ★★
Perfect - A ★
Nobel - B ★★★

Hey guys, so I found the list below of which songs correspond to which suits in the menu translations thread.

But how do the songs from 69 to 98 work?  Some are self-explanatory, 1 song corresponds to a specific Gundam Series, but there are 3-5 songs for Seed, Destiny and 00, i.e. 86, 87 and 88 are for SEED and 89-93 are for Destiny.

So do the extensions correspond to the series as a whole OR specific suits like the first 52? 

--------

Edit, I figured it out.  

Edited by d3taylz

I,ve suk at this game for half year and i have to admit that i don't like the game systems though... So Here's my problems...

1) I use Kshatriya and it's hard to dodge bullets with her slow mobility , and i always end up shooting my partner a lot ..so how do i plan my patterns so i don't end up shooting my front partner?

2) my partner is in trouble! I tried to help...but  i keep missing the target who is comboing him...

3) how to shoot her 2 handed slow beam thingie?

4) When is the right time to use block ?(basically) Is it right after i step on the ground to recover boost? Everyone always shoot at me right before i almost hit the ground...is it because they know Kshatriya was slow?

5) How to know if my opponent is going to running out of boost?

6) Any best enemy tracking patterns of her that you could share? The only thing i could do is just 3 consecutive funnel walls so far...

7) Are those who waited for enemy to shoot first are always gain advantages?

8) What the heck is BDdB? I don't know how to do IJ 's crazy looking combos that start with his kicking. So i search the wiki..and they give me this shi*...

9)How to summon the meteor for godsake! I am not talking about the Burst attack but  the Meteor that you can fly it around until you die.

10) i remember Kshatriya's 3 funnels,all of it can be shoot out at once...was it being changed? Now i need to use boost cancel to shoot 3 funnels though..

Edited by asurahamato

1) Make sure to keep in mind your partner's location and movement when you're positioning yourself. It's typically best to either create an L-shape with your partner (perpendicular vectors) or to play somewhat behind and to the side of your partner, in relation to the opposing team. In both cases, it makes it less likely for you to hit your partner from behind.

If you're hitting your partner in the face, though, that's more of an issue of anticipating or reading what your partner is doing and refraining from shooting when you see him winning a battle.

2) Kshatriya is actually quite good at punishing people for doing melee combos on her partner. Between fences and her gerobi, her AOE allows her to stop significantly more combos than suits that only have a BR. BRs by themselves are often very poor at cutting combos, especially since many melee combos are designed specifically to be hard to cut. If you have no other options and you absolutely need to cut, either try to get on vector with the combo-ing opponent, or go for a melee yourself.

Keep in mind that it's often more beneficial to get a strong punish on an opponent's landing after they finish a melee combo than it is to try to cut them out of the middle of their combo. Oftentimes, going for the mid-combo cut will leave you exposed or low on resources and result in you being punished by your opponent's partner, instead.

3) 2-handed slow beam thingy? Her gerobi is A+C, if that's what you're talking about.

4) Blocking is generally one of the last defensive options you want to take. It's good at long ranges against BRs and occasionally against missles and bullets, but is significantly worse the closer the opponent gets to you, as it leaves you locked in a blocking state and allows opponents to recover their boost or just punish you by going around your block.

5) Experience. Once you have a decent grasp of boost consumption, this starts to come naturally. If you know when they started moving, then you can generally anticipate when they'll be in the last 20-30% of their boost. If they're that low on boost, you can just hunt their landing opportunities and deny them. If they try to land, you hit them, and if they avoid your shots, they run even lower on boost until they overheat and you punish them anyway.

6) Enemy-tracking patterns?

7) No. Positioning and resource management are absolutely key to winning engagements. Shooting first rarely has any major impact in a head-on battle.

8) You'd have to link or quote the combo in question. I'm not sure what the dB is supposed to be. BD is boost-dash. Our wiki has a glossary for most terms on the main Gundam page.

9) Wrong game. You cannot fly it around willy-nilly in Full Boost.

10) You can cancel her fence into BR and then back into fence, now. It allows her to move around while creating fences, and is very useful for defensive movement overall.

3) Not just Kshatriya.... OO Quanta Seven Sword did that too. But i guess they only shoot the double beam shoot when they're out of boost at mid-air or when they try to do the "turn around shooting."

8) Well, Infinite Justice only have one very unique melee combo which is starts of by kicking enemy into mid-air and keep kicking him like Crazy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGqgMtoAC54  

The reference's at 6.15...   so what do i press to do that?

9) (Solved)  I already figured out how to call out the meteor by using Infinite Justice...quite tricky .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What kind of of Advantage do Destiny have?

If it wasn't because of his " Light Wing Speed Up Thing" (Okay ,i seriously need their techniques list). Alright, so Destiny doesn't seems like a 3000 cost mobile at all with his normal weapons and normal mobility. And he needs lot of time to charge his "Charge+B", yet he shoots slow and he just stood at there for quite long while shooting it. He has no tracking weapons...all he has is just his temporary speed up wings of light. And his mobility seems to be slower than Infinite Justice which is only 2500 and also have better weapons than him.

How about this, 00 Raiser doesn't need to charge, he just need to call out Tierra to shoot the big beam for him while he still have plenty of space to evade enemy's attacks. Yet Raiser equipment definitely gives 00 gundam more mobility and speed than Destiny.  Don't you guys think...Destiny is a not worth for 3000 cost?

---------------------------------------------------------------

I encountered a player before,he uses X1, no matter how i shoot or how i chase him down, hitting him was like impossible ...and because it was 2 on 2 battle, i can't quite just focusing on him alone to see how he uses his boost. But sometimes i realized something of him,he seems like he jumps very high each time ..(i don't know whether the jumping has better chance to evade attacks more than dashing around?) and he also seems like he uses some more boost  to jump at mid-air a bit too...or did i just seeing things?