brett_

[FB] Gundam EXVS Simple Q&A Thread - Ask Anything!

If they're at least one character height or more above the ground, you can do a fastest possible sidestep to connect this. I'd test it in training mode (on a grounded opponent) because I forgot what his 6BBB string looks like.

Thanks brett, unfortunately another quick translation question.

This pops up in another of Berga's combos, and this cancel route doesn't appear in Berga Giros' cancel list (which looks pretty barebones) and I'm not quite sure what it's saying either...

格CS→N特格のキャンセルルートはこの当たりになる

And another quick question, this time for Puru Qubeley:

This was with regards to her Burst Super, which seems pretty awesome.  Here it is:

他と違い、 覚醒終了と覚醒技終了は関係ない 。

Something with regards to using her bc gauge?  And is thus remains in this form even when Burst gauge empties?  Not 100% sure...

格CS→N特格のキャンセルルートはこの当たりになる

"CSb→5BC cancel route will become this method of hitting" ("this" referencing the sub→CSb cancel apparently)

edit: I can't do anything that looks to me like it might be a sub→CSb (nor the BC→CSb cancel that the wiki says exists), so I'm not entirely sure what is going on here...

他と違い、 覚醒終了と覚醒技終了は関係ない 。

"different from others, Awakening ending/completion and Awakening skill (EX Attack) ending/completion are unrelated irrelevant." This is apparently referring to the BC gauge rapidly decreasing after using EX skill.

This is one of those moments I mentioned in the other thread, where I can read everything in this sentence like normal Japanese, but sometimes without actually pulling a suit up in practice and messing with it (and sometimes even after that still) I don't know what the hell it means

how can i add my song into bgm of this game ?

--sorry my bad english--

Posted the step-by-step guide in the BGM archive thread :)

Should I be wary of boosthops when fronting?  I feel like the majority of my front play issues result from me boost hopping at neutral.  Obviously I use them when making space or covering distance for a punish/offensive push when its safe or if I'm fairly certain ill land the hit.  Basically I'm very comfortable with boost hopping as back but as front I feel I'm using them too frequently.  Should I focus on not needlessly ascending or focus on other movement options for creating space and varying landings like fuwafuwa.(I mostly play unicorn, and recently a little WZTV)

I bring this up because WZTV players I watch use boost hops very sparingly and usually with very clear purpose.  But i don't think that suit is very representative of how most suits play either because it has exceptional mobility.

I'm probably going to try to get replays into brett this week too, its just tough to get a partner who will play against Ish/jdg/lastinnovater/etc with me to get some quality games.(of me losing)

As a front player, you should try to move with a purpose in mind. Boost hopping without reason can be detrimental to your positioning. As long as there's a reason for you to do a boost hop, it's a reasonable decision.

It's really quite hard to say much about your use of boost hops without actually seeing it in action, unfortunately.

As a front player, you should try to move with a purpose in mind. Boost hopping without reason can be detrimental to your positioning. As long as there's a reason for you to do a boost hop, it's a reasonable decision.

It's really quite hard to say much about your use of boost hops without actually seeing it in action, unfortunately.

I figured as much which is why I'm finally sending some replays to brett.  I still have some bad habits even I can call myself on but maybe I just need a reality check and focus on more fundamental problems I can probably work on first.

OK, so I've been working on Xenon right now, and I'm a little confused with his -bc derivation combo notation (his hundred hands leos knuckle combo).

There's 2 different ones:

特百裂拳数hit

特格派生(百裂拳途中)

If anyone could clarify the difference between the two, I'd greatly appreciate it!  I'm pretty sure the 2nd says to cancel during the 2nd stage (the hundred hands, hits 2-11), but I'm not sure about the 1st...

Trying to game share this with a friend, just a quick question... How do you buy an online pass and how much is it? I can't seem to find it in the psn store. Maybe I'm bline

Trying to game share this with a friend, just a quick question... How do you buy an online pass and how much is it? I can't seem to find it in the psn store. Maybe I'm bline

It's 1000 yen. I haven't actually bought one so I can't help you find it, but someone else probably can if you're still having trouble. Try checking the related items to the EXVSFB game.

To buy an online pass, you have to try and access any online mode. It'll ask you if you have a voucher for it. If you say "no", it'll then ask you if you want to buy one. Say "yes" and it'll bring you to the PSN Store page for it.

Yeah, thanks for the help guys. Just a heads up to anyone else trying this. Online passes are now the very inconvenient  price of 1028 yen due to the tax hike.

Sorry to do this again, but translation help please!  So, I started on Sazabi's wiki page, and I need help with the Charge Shot section that Sazabi has.

If anyone could please help me out with this I'd greatly appreciate it!

• 小ジャンアチャキャン

入力:ジャンプボタン→BD受付猶予中にジャンプボタン&格闘ボタン→CS 

How do I change the song when I play online? I did some player matches for the first time today and for all 20 games it was playing the theme song for the original gundam series (this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn27jQAuoWw). How do I change that?

Refer to this thread: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8249-fb-menu-translations/

Towards the bottom of the first post, there's a collapsed section talking about changing BGM tracks.

Do note that the game plays songs associated with suits that are in the match, so if you're constantly playing the same suit, you're pretty much guaranteed to hear your suit's theme song more than any other song.

Pointers for quanta? I'm actually interested in this suit.

I'm wondering mostly about when to attack with sword bits, proper assist use, when to use csB and its special teleport thing when in 2nd form.

2nd question: how do I br. I seem to always lose in br exchanges. As a front I'm supposed to push the action and take the brunt of the damage but I seem to take more of the latter as opposed to the former

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Pointers for quanta? I'm actually interested in this suit.

I'm wondering mostly about when to attack with sword bits, proper assist use, when to use csB and its special teleport thing when in 2nd form.

2nd question: how do I br. I seem to always lose in br exchanges. As a front I'm supposed to push the action and take the brunt of the damage but I seem to take more of the latter as opposed to the former

Hi.

Quanta has a weaker neutral game. You will mostly lose br exchanges unless you get into close range.

Quanta is a very good suit, you have nice mobility from 2B. You have decent melee combo with high cut resistance. You can use 2AB if you want better range and priority for you melee moves. (Damage too!)

One of the main combo of quanta is BR>BD8B/  BD8B 3 HIT>2B>8B .. I will stop talking about combos since you can always check the wiki for combos and other stuffs.

In order to use quanta well you will have to learn to use your 2B effectively. You will need to learn how use that to help yourself find an opening.. Pro players always 2B on top of your head and melee you from above. That way you cannot really see what is quanta trying to do above you and its really hard to react to especially when you are cornered.

Just use Lock-On to punish the landing enemy, some players might use it in mid range to create a L shape/help cover yourself going in.

I dont recommend you use your Charge B at your first life. Since people will start to ignore you and try to just kill your 2500 partner.

Use it during your 2nd life if you are really low and need to get out of the situation by stunning your enemy/having more health.

ABs can be used close range.

I usually do this AB>2B>Melee.

That way the opponent has to dodge your AB and your melee at the same time. Its good to waste the opponent's boost and try to get in for a melee combo.

If you wanna play safe AB>2B>A>CC8B

That is all i can tell about quanta. i am not that good at explaining stuffs, but if you want i can have a session with you sometime and show you how to   practically use quanta.

Hi.

Quanta has a weaker neutral game. You will mostly lose br exchanges unless you get into close range.

Quanta is a very good suit, you have nice mobility from 2B. You have decent melee combo with high cut resistance. You can use 2AB if you want better range and priority for you melee moves. (Damage too!)

One of the main combo of quanta is BR>BD8B/ BD8B 3 HIT>2B>8B .. I will stop talking about combos since you can always check the wiki for combos and other stuffs.

In order to use quanta well you will have to learn to use your 2B effectively. You will need to learn how use that to help yourself find an opening.. Pro players always 2B on top of your head and melee you from above. That way you cannot really see what is quanta trying to do above you and its really hard to react to especially when you are cornered.

Just use Lock-On to punish the landing enemy, some players might use it in mid range to create a L shape/help cover yourself going in.

I dont recommend you use your Charge B at your first life. Since people will start to ignore you and try to just kill your 2500 partner.

Use it during your 2nd life if you are really low and need to get out of the situation by stunning your enemy/having more health.

ABs can be used close range.

I usually do this AB>2B>Melee.

That way the opponent has to dodge your AB and your melee at the same time. Its good to waste the opponent's boost and try to get in for a melee combo.

If you wanna play safe AB>2B>A>CC8B

That is all i can tell about quanta. i am not that good at explaining stuffs, but if you want i can have a session with you sometime and show you how to practically use quanta.

Thank you for the response. I expected Zabanya assist to get inside and pressure.

So I should always keep 2AB active? I see I should use his sword bits at close rangem so perhaps when behind cover then.

--------------

I should have beem more specific about beam rifle. I mean beam rifle use in general with even a neutral based suit like Nu or Hi Nu as well as other back suits.

Perhaps I am just firing without thinking or because I only shoot while moving sideways and not forward...

Thank you for the response. I expected Zabanya assist to get inside and pressure.

So I should always keep 2AB active? I see I should use his sword bits at close rangem so perhaps when behind cover then.

--------------

I should have beem more specific about beam rifle. I mean beam rifle use in general with even a neutral based suit like Nu or Hi Nu as well as other back suits.

Perhaps I am just firing without thinking or because I only shoot while moving sideways and not forward...

I dont always keep them active. But some people think that ab is not that good compared to vanilla so they just tend to keep 2ab active. I use them both

Holy f, my friend brought his copy of EXFB to casuals yesterday and I must get this! Small question though: is there any problem if I get the Asia version instead of the Japan version? The Asia version will ship faster is all...

nevermind did some more reading, will wait for Japanese verision.

Is flying/hovering pretty close to the ground not a good thing to do? I started noticing a lot of people would punish my landing like that even though I have some boost left.

It depends on what you mean by "hovering close to the ground", but I'm assuming just BDing ASAP so you're just above the ground.

Because you're closer to the ground, it's easier to get accidentally tagged since you have no time to react to projectiles.  Even if you have boost left, there's still landing delay.

On the other hand, it's harder for the opponent to predict your landings since you land so quickly/there's nothing to necessarily telegraph when you're going to land.

It depends on what you mean by "hovering close to the ground", but I'm assuming just BDing ASAP so you're just above the ground.

Because you're closer to the ground, it's easier to get accidentally tagged since you have no time to react to projectiles.  Even if you have boost left, there's still landing delay.

On the other hand, it's harder for the opponent to predict your landings since you land so quickly/there's nothing to necessarily telegraph when you're going to land.

Not true. If you are close to the ground you should be abusing the green landing system. Try look at some nico videos. I have seen pro players abuse the landing system mid range like that