brett_

[FB] Gundam EXVS Simple Q&A Thread - Ask Anything!

2B and Sub come to mind.

2B in particular is the definition of anti-melee, and is very easy to use.

Yeah, I've been using Clay Bazooka to keep people off when I can since it knocks back/stutters, but damn it's slow. :P I'll try using 2b more

Hrm... I seem to keep getting totally destroyed by any melee in this game. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it seems once people are on me, I can never shake them off and I just get camped. I'm using Hyaku Shiki alot, does he just suck at getting people off hm? (. _. )

https://sites.google.com/site/unlimitedbrettworks/gundam-extreme-vs/gundam-exvs-guide/an-introduction/beginner-losing-streak-correction-lecture---putting-it-into-practice#TOC-Judging-Distance-and-Counteracting-Melee This may help you.

Also, its key to simply manage your boost properly and work with your ally to not get cornered. If your ally and you both fire properly to keep enemy melee users off you, and you try to carefully gradually circle left/right like a revolving door to prevent being cornered, that'll help you prevent bad melee situations. Also, be careful about unnecessarily firing when off angle https://sites.google.com/site/unlimitedbrettworks/gundam-extreme-vs/gundam-exvs-guide/an-introduction/part-1#TOC-Out-of-Angle-Firing unless you think the shot is really likely to hit, because otherwise the boost that spends can make you quite vulnerable.

is anyone willing to open the thread (or give me some tips) about Athrun's IJ?

https://sites.google.com/site/unlimitedbrettworks/gundam-extreme-vs/gundam-exvs-guide/an-introduction#TOC-Final-Words The bit here about boomerang may help you a bit.

His assist is really nice, so try to use all your ammo up for that before you die instead of letting it go to waste.

From the old tips n tricks for each mech file for vanilla EXVS:

Infinite Justice - Poke / punish with CSa. Boomerang (AC) in mid/close range for punishes / counterattacking. cancel into lifter (AB) for knockdowns when needed, otherwise avoid.

(AB is to be avoided because while it is off your body, your movement is worse.)

Edited by Mightfo

If you want to discuss IJ specifics, you're more than welcome to just make a temporary IJ thread for discussion purposes - as long as you include in your post that you don't want to maintain the OP, you won't be obligated to.

You mean character points? They just represent how much you play a given suit. They aren't particularly indicative of skill, so it's more like a "look! I really like this suit!" type of thing.

You only get CP from playing ranked, and it has a leaderboard. Stars are just stars. They serve no real purpose in the console version of the game, as far as I know.

How does game sharing work? Could someone with a digital copy of the game share it with another person (with the caveat that he/she would need to buy an online pass to play online) via PSN account sharing to download (similar to how DLC is shared)?

Edited by Deculture

How does game sharing work? Could someone with a digital copy of the game share it with another person (with the caveat that he/she would need to buy an online pass to play online) via PSN account sharing to download (similar to how DLC is shared)?

Yes, game sharing works as it would with pretty much any other game. The only caveat is the online pass that needs to be purchased for 1000 yen. DLC and all other stuff can be shared as well.

What effects does activating the psycoframe sample with the Nu Gundam have?

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?18779-FB-Hi-Nu-Gundam-General-It-s-not-for-show%21

I figured I would put this here since alot of folks have asked me about it:

To raise service stars with suits, you have to play as that suit a certain number of times. Please keep in mind that service stars only count towards ONLINE games. These can be deployments in Arcade Mode, Mission Mode, or Ranked/Player matches, but it MUST BE online (also, in the case of Arcade/Mission mode, each individual round as counted as a deployment, for example, in a standard 8 round Arcade run, it'll count as 8 deployments, or 9 if a bonus round is played). Wins and losses are irrelevant.

The requirements for each service star are as follows:

1 star: 1 deployment

2 star: 100 deployments

3 star: 300 deployments

4 star: 500 deployments

5 star: 1000 deployments

For those who want the source, its on the Japanese wiki here: http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/pages/122.html

So what's the best way to deal with a melee suit just sitting on top of you on wakeup?

For starters, it shouldn't matter if it's a melee suit or a ranged suit that's sitting on top of you (unless the ranged suit is Cheridum). Even bad melee is still melee that can be used for oki.

Generally, you just have to choose an action and hope it's going to work out. Teching away is fairly safe, but what you do after you tech is the big question. Do you boost away, step into another action (boost/shoot/etc.), block, yolo melee, fly straight up, or something else? If the opponent guesses right, they can pretty much beat every single one of those options, but that's only if they guess right. You just have to choose something and do it.

If you want a more bare-bones answer, though, going up and then boosting away or simply side-stepping and boosting backwards and to the left or right (with optional boost hops) are fairly common and arguably pretty reliable when the opponent isn't running a fully committed oki game.

For starters, it shouldn't matter if it's a melee suit or a ranged suit that's sitting on top of you (unless the ranged suit is Cheridum). Even bad melee is still melee that can be used for oki.

Generally, you just have to choose an action and hope it's going to work out. Teching away is fairly safe, but what you do after you tech is the big question. Do you boost away, step into another action (boost/shoot/etc.), block, yolo melee, fly straight up, or something else? If the opponent guesses right, they can pretty much beat every single one of those options, but that's only if they guess right. You just have to choose something and do it.

If you want a more bare-bones answer, though, going up and then boosting away or simply side-stepping and boosting backwards and to the left or right (with optional boost hops) are fairly common and arguably pretty reliable when the opponent isn't running a fully committed oki game.

Bahhh that's pretty much what I have been trying, I guess I should be more specific the main suits I'm having problems with are Quant and Master, with God 00 and Banshee to a lesser degree.

Edit: flipping though some vids and seeing what people are doing in tournaments it seems like the option I didn't have in my arsenel was blocking, a good number of them if they get caught guessing wrong just block and hold off for a bit and that seems to better the odds.

Edited by ShinsoBEAM

Bahhh that's pretty much what I have been trying, I guess I should be more specific the main suits I'm having problems with are Quant and Master, with God 00 and Banshee to a lesser degree.

Edit: flipping though some vids and seeing what people are doing in tournaments it seems like the option I didn't have in my arsenel was blocking, a good number of them if they get caught guessing wrong just block and hold off for a bit and that seems to better the odds.

It's pretty much just a guessing game, and it can be pretty hard to stop some melee suits from just mashing melee at you on your wakeup, unfortunately. Blocking can work, but it's pretty risky in a lot of ways, especially because you're losing boost while the melee suit that's bouncing off your block is gaining boost.

Anyone know if the color of the lock affects funnel-type attacks' tracking?

As far as I recall, the lock color only affects how the funnels move? Though that may have been a range thing, not a lock thing, not sure anymore. In any case, funnels have their own tracking.

How does Gelgoog's shield work? Waited for block to end, he hit me. Attacked him, he blocked forever. Why doesn't he run out of boost?

His shield isn't any different from anyone else's. You may be thinking of his 8B, which isn't a real block, and is instead a shield charge that turns into a block if anything hits him from the front during its movement.

It's worth remembering that guard doesn't drop while a suit is blocking a string of continuous attacks. Guard only comes down if there's a gap in the middle and the suit has run out of boost, otherwise it keeps going.

While it's not possible in this game to rapidly block twice in a row, some suits have an alternative means of achieving the rapid block effect by using moves that have auto-guard effects. Notably, RX-78 and Gelgoog can manage this with their respective 2B and 8B moves (as can V1 and Alex, with their shield shots).

How does Gelgoog's shield work? Waited for block to end, he hit me. Attacked him, he blocked forever. Why doesn't he run out of boost?

Hit him from the side.

If you want you can intentionally lose in a private hold room and it'll save your replay so we can give general critique on movement and etc but....yeah that's the gist, only online vs matches