Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sharakonta

[FB] God Gundam General Discussion: The King of Hearts!

It barely works for oki anymore. I believe it explodes after a set distance, now, as opposed to on contact with the floor. The only vague use it has is for surprise nuking across the map, but even as a nuke, it's pretty cruddy.

I probably should've put that it doesn't go through BRs or Explosions in most cases

Sent from the NOL Intelligence Department.

I probably should've put that it doesn't go through BRs or Explosions in most cases

I figured it would since Alex in armor goes through it, but I guess Alex's armor is different than God Gundam's Super Armor via Good Finger

He can go through quite a lot of things with it, but the super armor is only active for a short portion of the startup of God Finger, not the entire duration of the move. If you're in hyper mode, then the entire move is super armored.

You can use the short super armor to pass through beam rifles and other short attacks (whips, melees, etc.), but not grenades/nukes/etc., as those are multi-hitting, long-lasting moves.

I think it might be more of a timing with it Tari since I went through WZTVs CSa when not in activate once, I still don't get how

I think it might be more of a timing with it Tari since I went through WZTVs CSa when not in activate once, I still don't get how

It has a limited time window for super armor in normal mode that's just early in the move. Anything that hits you during that period will be super-armored through, as long as it doesn't cause you to yellow out. This includes moves that multi-hit, as long as they don't have multiple layers of hitboxes.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear what I meant, haha. I specifically mentioned nukes and grenades as things you can't get through because they're large and and have multiple distinct hits that will break the normal mode's super armor.

Edit: Actually, you can super armor through grenades if you start from the inside of the grenade explosion, because you'll super-armor through all parts of the explosion. If you start from the outside, however, there's a second layer of hits that starts inside the outer explosion that'll knock you out of your super armor. If you look at a grenade explosion, you'll see that there's a more transparent outer orange explosion, and a more opaque inner explosion. Those are two distinct layers of hits, and they can break God Finger's super armor, even though I'm fairly sure the game devs only made the explosion that way for visual effect. Nukes, on the other hand, will always win, because I believe every hit in a nuke is a distinct layer (hence how opaque a nuke explosion is).

I edited my previous post to clarify a bit more what I meant, because I realized I didn't actually explain why you can beat Wing TV's CSa. Sorry again. :(

edit: I should mention that the multiple layers thing is just a theory on my part as to the mechanics behind those moves, but it makes sense to me. :v:

Actually it makes a lot of sense, I should think of how to word it and get the OP updated

Edit: So interesting thing happened, a couple days after we were talkin about the whole "God Finger can armor through pretty much everything." I ended up doing it to Eclipse's Gerobi. I'll post the whole match later unless I get some editing software to make it just that small clip showing it as an example of what CAN happen but not always the best thing to have happen.

Quick question, does Unicorn work well as a partner for god? I just got the game pretty recently and am loving how God gundam plays. My freind likes to play Unicorn alot so im trying to figure out if we make a good match.

Quick question, does Unicorn work well as a partner for god? I just got the game pretty recently and am loving how God gundam plays. My freind likes to play Unicorn alot so im trying to figure out if we make a good match.

It depends a little bit on how you play God Gundam, but generally speaking, they aren't the best partners. When Unicorn activates his NT-D mode, it gets significantly better, but it's still somewhat messy, and the team is constantly prone to friendly fire incidents (mostly from Unicorn).

Unicorn benefits from being able to lay down constant fire on the enemy, while God Gundam benefits from playing in a close to mid-range area, which tends to put him in the approximate area of Unicorn's shots. When NT-D is activated, Unicorn becomes less ranged, but still has a pretty noticeable mid-ranged presence with his amekyan and beam gatling, and his NT-D Hack tends to stun everything in front of him, friend or foe. With Unicorn in that mode, God Gundam is also more likely to accidentally hit Unicorn with his main (fire pillar). When Unicorn's in NT-D, however, the compatibility between him and God Gundam (and any other melee suit) goes up significantly, because it pretty much turns into a standard double-front-ish setup.

All that said, the team can work if you try, it just requires more effort and awareness than most other compositions. It's part of the problem of trying to mix a ranged front suit with a melee back suit.

It depends a little bit on how you play God Gundam, but generally speaking, they aren't the best partners. When Unicorn activates his NT-D mode, it gets significantly better, but it's still somewhat messy, and the team is constantly prone to friendly fire incidents (mostly from Unicorn).

Unicorn benefits from being able to lay down constant fire on the enemy, while God Gundam benefits from playing in a close to mid-range area, which tends to put him in the approximate area of Unicorn's shots. When NT-D is activated, Unicorn becomes less ranged, but still has a pretty noticeable mid-ranged presence with his amekyan and beam gatling, and his NT-D Hack tends to stun everything in front of him, friend or foe. With Unicorn in that mode, God Gundam is also more likely to accidentally hit Unicorn with his main (fire pillar). When Unicorn's in NT-D, however, the compatibility between him and God Gundam (and any other melee suit) goes up significantly, because it pretty much turns into a standard double-front-ish setup.

All that said, the team can work if you try, it just requires more effort and awareness than most other compositions. It's part of the problem of trying to mix a ranged front suit with a melee back suit.

Hmmm, alright thanks. looks like we'll try some different combos for now.

So I still have a little bit to do with translating and transposing the combos from the google docs page, but knowing that there is a couple of high-level God players on this board (one of whom is a mod, and a translator!? XD) I wanted to drop this here and ask you guys to check what I have written already, and please if you would construct a Tactics section, as the JP wiki really doesn't say too much there, and this is a suit that has some pretty specific techniques and concepts associated to playing it:

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=God_Gundam_(EXVSFB)

Also I've noticed a lot of God Gundam talk in the Skype lobby lately, and I have a neophyte friend in the US who really likes and wants to learn more God Gundam, and- look, there's a number of reasons that it would be really great and really appreciated if someone with more experience than me with this MS would check what I have and help finish it out into a really great page :)

yoroshiku onegai~

Addendum: the JP wiki, relating to [AC], says something about lever inputAC>lever inputX button (PS3) cutting guidance without losing speed? Anyone know what that is about?

So I still have a little bit to do with translating and transposing the combos from the google docs page, but knowing that there is a couple of high-level God players on this board (one of whom is a mod, and a translator!? XD) I wanted to drop this here and ask you guys to check what I have written already, and please if you would construct a Tactics section, as the JP wiki really doesn't say too much there, and this is a suit that has some pretty specific techniques and concepts associated to playing it:

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=God_Gundam_(EXVSFB)

Also I've noticed a lot of God Gundam talk in the Skype lobby lately, and I have a neophyte friend in the US who really likes and wants to learn more God Gundam, and- look, there's a number of reasons that it would be really great and really appreciated if someone with more experience than me with this MS would check what I have and help finish it out into a really great page :)

yoroshiku onegai~

Addendum: the JP wiki, relating to [AC], says something about lever inputAC>lever inputX button (PS3) cutting guidance without losing speed? Anyone know what that is about?

I'm not 100% Certain about the GFD bit the JP Wiki mentioned cause I just heard about it yesterday and didn't have time to explore it but I'll update here once I do figure it out

Sent using the GF13-17NJII God Gundam's Mobile Trace System.

I asked Brett to double check what that said, because I thought it might be new tech, but it seems like it might just be talking about how you can boost cancel the startup of flip while retaining the guidance cutting from it. I'm hoping it's not talking about that, since that's pretty well known (and obvious), but who knows. It could be talking about something else, and I have no real way of telling, since it uses weird notation (PS3 X button???), so if you guys have better info on it, I'd like to hear it.

PS3 X button likely correlates to either boost (pad layout; normally denoted as the C button), or camera swap (stick layout; might not have a common combo notation).

I asked Brett to double check what that said, because I thought it might be new tech, but it seems like it might just be talking about how you can boost cancel the startup of flip while retaining the guidance cutting from it. I'm hoping it's not talking about that, since that's pretty well known (and obvious), but who knows. It could be talking about something else, and I have no real way of telling, since it uses weird notation (PS3 X button???), so if you guys have better info on it, I'd like to hear it.

PS3 X button likely correlates to either boost (pad layout; normally denoted as the C button), or camera swap (stick layout; might not have a common combo notation).

It's definitely referring to boost [C] which by default is (X) on the pad, but yeah, it is the first time I've ever seen a sentence specifically refer to pad notation.

But so you're saying it's like the swerve momentum from [4/6AC], step-cancel flip, but then pressing X once will immediately BDC the flip, keeping the guidance cutting but also the swerve momentum? I still don't really understand the core concept of what this is trying to say lol

Yes, it's almost exactly as you thought. The swerve momentum is actually unimportant; the point that the editor of the wiki was probably making was that you don't have to let the flip complete before you gain the benefits of the guidance cut effect. If you let the flip finish, you will stall and then start to fall from wherever you are, which is generally not ideal. The stalling part of the flip actually occurs almost immediately upon starting the flip, which is why it's useful to boost cancel that.

If you do Direction + AC > Same Direction, you'll get an immediate flip. This works because it retains the initial direction input from the AC and reads your second directional input as a double-tap.

Similarly, if you push C again immediately after you input the second direction, you'll boost cancel the flip, because it carries over the first C input from the AC, thus giving you an earliest possible flip into earliest possible boost cancel.

You retain the guidance cut property of the flip, because it takes effect as soon as the flip begins.

It has fairly good boost efficiency, though it is, as should probably be expected, still less efficient than just boosting normally.

It's not actually necessary to use the inputs they listed (you can do AC > double-tap direction > CC, for example), but it's pretty hard to get quite the same boost efficiency as you would get from taking advantage of the game's input buffer.

---

I really want to know why the guy who wrote that note on the wiki used PS3 pad notation. It's not a PS3-specific technique, so it really should just be written with arcade notation, hah....

If you do Direction + AC > Same Direction, you'll get an immediate flip. This works because it retains the initial direction input from the AC and reads your second directional input as a double-tap.

Similarly, if you push C again immediately after you input the second direction, you'll boost cancel the flip, because it carries over the first C input from the AC, thus giving you an earliest possible flip into earliest possible boost cancel.

I actually just last week while translating/testing discovered that nifty little trick, but yeah, it has the stiffness you mentioned. But that's extra interesting now seeing it's possible to BDC before the stiffness really hits hard, while still getting the guidance cutting.