Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sharakonta

[FB] God Gundam General Discussion: The King of Hearts!

This is for all God related discussion.

Link to the JP Wiki for God Gundam. http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/pages/25.html

I would like to get that Translated, if you can help with that let me know.

Move List

[A] - Burning Finger Cannon

Shoot's a pillar of flame from God's right hand. Locks the opponent in place allowing either melee follow up or additional pillars to knockdown.

[CSa] - Sekiha Tenkyoken

School of the Undefeated of the East's Secret Technique.

Has 3 variations Level 1 Charge small fireball that causes knockdown on hit.

Level 2 Larger Fireball does more damage than level 1

Level 3 Launches a giant burning hand that does increased damage and has a bigger hit box, causes and explosion on contact with the ground or another mobile suit/fighter.

[CSb] - Choukyuu Haou Den'eidan

God Gundam surrounds him self in energy and charges towards the target, same move as Master Gundams but not as good due to being a charge move.

[AB] - Fuun Saiki

Calls out Fuun Saiki, Master Asia's beloved steed to charge into the target.

[AC] - God Field

Dashing move that has additional follow ups and can be used to cancel melee attacks like Rainbow steps.

Follow ups are

AC~B Kendo like strike with a beam saber, B can be inputted up to three times causing a knockdown.

AC~8B God strikes the enemy up and behind him with a saber, used as a combo ender instead of Cannon due to changes

AC~2B God Typhoon, Spinning attack with both sabers, causes God to rise up a bit while doing so.

AC~Rainbow Step Causes God to do a Roll instead of the normal Rainbow step

AC~A God Slash, ranged slash. Good for approaching can be canceled into Melee attacks when not Overheated, exception to this is 2B.

[bC] - Erupting Burning Finger

God Gundam's signature move, causes God to move towards the opponent with the same speed as God Field. Has one hit of super armor during the dash of the move. Typically used as a Melee String ender depending on the location of the target's partner. Also B can be mashed after the grab for increased damage.

Now also has two follow ups unlike Vanilla EXVS.

Pressing 8B During Burning Finger now throws the opponent.

Pressing 2B During Hyper Mode *Activated* Burning Finger now follows up with Heat End.

[2B] - God Shadow

Summons four "shadows" of God gundam that circle around him negating one beam shot per Shadow, does have a few deadzones due to the distance away from God and the Shadow's themselves. Can be useful for getting in but don't always rely on it.

FB Changes

Main (Fire Pillar) doesn't down after the stun anymore (light stun), has slightly longer range and is slightly wider, but has worse muzzle correction. As a result, abare is a lot worse.

CSa startup nerfed, but now preserves much more momentum

2B (God Shadow) vertical hitbox improved, shots are less likely to slip through.

Sub became Fuun Saiki summon (vulcans removed - Edit: NOOOOOOOOO~~~~!!)

God Field (AC) has different followups. Most important is AC→A which is God Slash, a new ranged sword slash. You can also cancel it into melee afterwards (after 6/26 patch, can no longer cancel into melee on overheat aside from 2B)

God Finger (BC) damage from mashing B is now added on the grasp portion, not the explosion (good thing). Now has a throw followup (8B) in addition (like NEXT). You can followup with a BD melee or rainbowstep into melee. During awakening, does not automatically go into Heat End anymore. Heat End is now a followup (2B) which can only be done during awakening. If you don't input it, you just get a normal explosion. Heat End also does less damage now, making his God Finger combos do less damage (GFHE > GFHE dmg ~380 → ~360)

Awakening Super now normally does a Double God Finger with Nobel Gundam. performing the super while holding 2 gives you the previous Love Love Tenkyoken

Combos

Note: -> means normal cancel, >> means boost dash cancel, > means rainbowstep cancel

All combo's with BC, B is mashed for max damage

For Burst combo's, (A) signifies Assault Burst Damage, (B) signifies Blast Burst Damage

5BBBBB->8B>BC8 254

6BBB>6BB>BC8 243

AC~A>5BBBBB->8B 185

A>5BBBBB->8B 206

5BBBBB>5BBBB 246

BC>BC8 280

AC~B>BC>BC8 275

AC~A>6BB5BB>BC8 194

Burst Combo's

BC2>ABC 356 (A) (B)

Videos

Here's some random info, though it's not particularly useful:

As mentioned above, GFD > God Slash can be cancelled into a melee attack. In red lock, this causes God Gundam to do a full melee approach before the player can input another GFD. However, in green lock, the melee simply whiffs immediately and can be cancelled into GFD. Interestingly, though perhaps obvious in retrospect, if a God Gundam starts his approach from green lock, but enters red lock afterwards, all subsequent cancels will retain the green lock effect (and obviously won't track the opponent), which allows God Gundam to do some really weird GFD > God Slash cancel approaches.

It's not actually useful, though, because God Gundam basically just goes in a straight line without any control until you stop cancelling from one move to the next.

Inventing names? Just using the name from the Eng dub since more mayhe familiar with that

Sent from the NOL Intelligence Department

This is a japanese game, with a japanese character from a japanese anime with a japanese (original) voice acting and the names are God Finger and Bakunetsu God Finger.

Do not invent names.

So anyone have any decent damage combos yet?

Outside of 5bbbb > bc I can't really find anything with decent.

The lack of a training mode kind of makes it hard to practice.

So anyone have any decent damage combos yet?

Outside of 5bbbb > bc I can't really find anything with decent.

The lack of a training mode kind of makes it hard to practice.

Go to Free Battle, set the CPU as "STOP" and set the live infinite, you can practice as a training mode.

Go to Free Battle, set the CPU as "STOP" and set the live infinite, you can practice as a training mode.

Good to know, thanks much.

God Finger followup commands are a bit misleading. The followups are 8B (toss) and 2B (heat end), not simply 8 or 2.

Curious if God Gundam recovers faster from landing with his GFD~Roll than he used to. Haven't bothered to check yet, might do so later.

Does anyone have any recommendations for suits that match up well with God Gundam on a team?

Any 3K, preferably ones that lean towards closer ranged play.

Any 1K, preferably ones that have strong map presense / firepower / good cutting ability.

Any 3K, preferably ones that lean towards closer ranged play.

Any 1K, preferably ones that have strong map presense / firepower / good cutting ability.

Thanks, i'm actually really surprised by that answer. I'm just learning the game and I have a partner who wants to main God Gundam so i'm looking for something to compliment him, and I was picking 2k suits like Hyaku Shiki. If you don't mind answering a couple more questions i'd be really thankful!

Why exactly shouldn't I pick a 2k or a 2.5k suit and pick a 1k or a 3k instead on a team with God Gundam? If I pick a 3k I should be up front and if I pick a 1k I should be backup right? Wouldn't God Gundam on backup be really counter productive considering he's a melee unit or do I have the wrong mindset here?

That's why Brett said ranged play, so the main three that come to mind are Reborns, Xi and Ex-S for 3Ks for God since they have great range and can help cover God's approach while still being able to hold their own

That's why Brett said ranged play, so the main three that come to mind are Reborns, Xi and Ex-S for 3Ks for God since they have great range and can help cover God's approach while still being able to hold their own

Thanks i'll give those a try! I misconstrued what Brett said, I thought he was saying that I should try melee suits :psyduck:

How's Ez8 for a 1k?

2K and 2.5K suits can play with God Gundam just fine, but it generally puts more pressure on both players overall.

With 3K suits, if you're playing back, a primarily ranged suit is a good choice (or a mixed-range suit). Suits that come to mind immediately are Strike Freedom, Nu, and Xi. Ex-S counts, too, though that suit has the downside of probably causing the other team to rush you down insanely hard.

For mixed-range 3K suits, there are more options, but these suits require very solid play from the 3K if he's playing as the back partner. The 3K can alternatively play front with these suits, too, but this puts extra pressure on the God Gundam to know how to enter and exit battles effectively. Suits that come to mind for this group are Reborns, 00, Wing TV, Turn X, and Destiny.

...and then if you're completely dedicated to playing front, you can choose close-range 3K suits, like Master, Quanta, Wing Zero EW, etc. I think this group is pretty self-explanatory.

For 2.5K partners with God, you generally want to choose a partner who can manage to play the close-to-mid ranges effectively. While Cheridum, for example, does work with God, his general lack of presence on the map and God's lack of pressure as a front when compared to a 3K front work to make the team far less effective than alternative options.

2K partners are pretty anything, I think. Just choose a 2K who either plays back well and can do a lot of damage without getting hit, or a 2K that can get into the mix without dying. That's... pretty much all the 2K suits that are decent, haha.

edit:

Ez8 works fine as a 1K. He's arguably the best 1K in the game at the moment, though 1Ks in general are fairly hard to play. He can apply pressure at semi-long and mid-ranges, and can survive effectively at close range, so he's a reasonably solid partner.

How's Ez8 for a 1k?

A good choice.

I'd definitely recommend reading up on the composition breakdown / death timings sections in the beginner guide wiki for an explanation on why 3k / 2.5k and 2.5k / 1k are the recommended costs, and what role to play in each.

That was pretty much exactly what I was looking for Tari, I think I understand what I should be doing now. Fronting God Gundam seems like the natural way to go about this so i'll look for something that can back him up. Gonna try out a bunch of the mentioned suits and see if we get any results. Thanks everyone!

A few things worth noting:

- Blast burst works fairly well for God Gundam, because of its extended activation time, heightened defense, and improved boost consumption. He basically turns into a mini-3K for a short period. The main problem with God gundam's bursts is that he tends to not have the freedom to do a full damage combo during his burst, which somewhat negates the bonus damage from an assault burst. The ability to step anything that causes vernier is actually somewhat useful, what with allowing you to blue-step fire pillars and god slashes. The extended activation time does allow for more God Finger gimmicks, as well, but isn't really key (or something you should rely on).

- Assault burst is also fine, but is somewhat less reliable for half burst situations. The extra damage is definitely nice, but it can be hard to get the necessary hits in during the shorter activation period, and activating after landing a hit isn't always a reliable option for half bursting. This may work better on a back God, due to having an easier time capitalizing on openings the front player creates. If you're confident on being able to do damage, or if you think the risks of half bursting with assault are worth the benefits (damage + movement), by all means, use assault burst. Worth pointing out that if you can capitalize on the extra damage from assault burst, you're looking at a difference of an extra 50-60 damage on the max damage combos.

- Half burst info: Assault burst gives an additional 4 boost dashes and 5 god slashes. Blast burst gives an additional 3 boost dashes and 4 god slashes.

- CC8B is an untechable knockdown, great for ending combos early. AC~8B is not untechable, on the other hand, so be careful when cutting combos short with it.

- All enders on God Finger are untechable knockdowns, even the normal mash explosion. The only way an opponent will tech from God Finger is if you get cut or boost/step cancel out of it. Not sure if an unmashed explosion is untechable, but there's almost no reason to do that anyway.

- God gundam's old 5B8B is now 5B2B. Same with 4/6B8B turning into 4/6B2B. The moves themselves haven't changed, and remain special cancellable.

- Green-lock B->AC~8B moves God gundam very far at very low boost consumption, so it's quite useful for movement purposes. Obviously, this works in red lock too (omitting the B), but tends to throw you face first into your opponent, which may not be what you want.

- From certain heights, it's possible to combo AC~BBB into God Finger without any boost. You can, for example, do '5BBBB >> back rainbow AC~BBB, falling BC', or 'CC8B -> AC~BBB, falling BC'. In the first example, the first hit of AC~BBB must whiff.

- God gundam's melees all swing directly in front of him, so don't expect any lucky breaks against side-stepping opponents. You'll have to actually beat them in the sidestep war if you want to land a melee hit (or you can just fire pillar them on vector).

- Fire pillar is a slightly better combo starter than god slash, so when possible, catch opponents with pillar over slash. It has the benefit of also allowing you to do things if you overheat while doing it, whereas overheat slashes are fairly useless unless you're trying to yolo cut for your partner or get the game winning hit. That said, god slash is the easier punish option at most ranges, so weigh your options as the situation dictates. God slash also has the benefit of directly cancelling into 2B, which can be handy in some overheat situations where a fire pillar or slash followed by an immediate block won't work.

So I was dabbling around with God the other day and am really liking the change of pace as a melee suit. One question I've always wondered since EXVS though is if there are any specific situations in which Sekiha Love Love Tenkyouken can be viable? I know in a game like this there are a billion and one "situations" one can be in but ever since I've first seen this move I've never been able to fathom its use. The best I've been able to think of is hiding the buildup to the Burger King behind a building and praying on the explosion and unaware opponents.

It's a silly thing to focus on, yeah, but I guess I could say it's been burning in the back of my mind for the longest time.

Pretty much its use is if you get a high knock down to where you can shoot it straight down so the explosion catches them. Pretty much you're better off using Double God Finger and if you're going to super with God.

Sent from the NOL Intelligence Department.