Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

imDraxx

[FB] Sazabi General Discussion: A Guide to Dropping Colonies.

MSN-04 SAZABI

Pilot: Char Aznable (UC0093 Char's Counterattack)

Durability: 670

hXxlLpV.png

Move List:

[A]: Long Beam Rifle

Standard BR.

• 75 Damage | 8 Ammo.
  • 3 Seconds / 1 Shot reload. Always reloading.

[CSa]: Beam Shot Rifle
    Scatter Gun.
    • 28~ Damage.
    • Charge time: 1.5 seconds.
    • Plummet effect.
    • Staggers on hit (1 particle?), and can knockdown on larger particle collection.

[AB]: Funnels
      Summons Funnels to attack the targeted enemy.
      • 27 Damage | 6 Ammo.
      • Staggers (Heavy).
      • 3 Seconds / 1 Funnel reload. Always reloading.

[AC]: Diffuse Mega Particle Canon
        Fires a mega particle beam canon from the waist. Deals heavy damage with fast reload time.
        • 239 Damage | 1 Ammo.
        • 10 Second reload.
        • Gerobi

[bC]: Jagd Dogma Call

Summons both Gyunei and Quess in Jagd Dogma's that will slowly hover beside Sazabi. They both fire when Sazabi fires its BR.

[*]1 Ammo.

[*]15 Second reload.

[*]Persistent Assist.

[*]Can Amekyan as assist CS cancel.

[2B]: Beam Tomahawk

Throws a Beam Tomahawk that will slowly approach the target and stun on impact.

[*]Live-Ammo.

[*]Can cancel from BR & AB.

[ABC Super]: Axis Drop

Drops Axis at the targets location.

[*]Damage 337 [Assault] 300 [blast]

[*]No guidance.

[*]Large Nuke.

Cancel Route:

A -> 2B

A (Turnaround) -> BC (amekyan while assist are active)

AB -> 2B

BC -> CSa (amekyan)

Can anyone at all give me a rundown on my general gameplan/gameflow is with this suit.  I get way to caught up on how I am literally water and untouchable and never do anything to win the game.  Then I watch better sazabis do crazy agressive gerobis and shotguns and I just don't get how to get into the mindset to approach with the suit.

Can anyone at all give me a rundown on my general gameplan/gameflow is with this suit.  I get way to caught up on how I am literally water and untouchable and never do anything to win the game.  Then I watch better sazabis do crazy agressive gerobis and shotguns and I just don't get how to get into the mindset to approach with the suit.

I tried picking up sazabi and i had a lot of trouble. the first thing to do is understand his most powerful technique, the achakyan. if you don't use it you can't win, it's that simple. any time i fight a sazabi and see he's not using it i stop worrying because the suit is only at 50% power without it.

Achakyan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yml0Un6o_N0

this video shows what it looks like when you do it right (starting at about the :30 second mark). 

basically, when you have a stock of BC, you input a 6b then rainbowstep it and as soon as you hit the second input to finish the step you do BC canceled into CSa. the Csa timing is tight - about 2 frames - and if you didn't do the BC fast enough after the step it won't work either. you'll know you've messed it up if...

A.) the BC assist is summoned

B.) you get stuck in the air firing shotgun

if A) happens then your CSa timing was too slow. if B) happens then you either failed the BC input or you just weren't fast enough after inputting the step and you lost momentum.

note that if your BC is at 0 or the assist is active you can't do this.

you can do warm ups by just doing BC->CSa on the ground. if sazabi crouches a bit on the ground and says his special BC dialogue but BC doesn't come out then your timing is good. if you mess it up and summon the assist just reset from the menu and repeat. 

you can vary how far you fly by holding the step direction when doing the input. if you don't hold the step you won't go as far but a lot of the time that's ideal. once you can do this successfully at any time without having to think about it then you're ready to start learning the rest of the suit.

General Strategy

1. movement. 

this is the reason i play the suit and it's his most powerful asset. his turning, speed, amekyan (melee/2b ->csa), achakyan, turnaround shot (turnaround A ->BC with assist out), etc are all superb. the key to beating stronger suits is to outmaneuver them combined with bombardment. experiment with his various fast falls and try swerving around projectiles instead of hard dodging 

2. funnels

just throw funnels any time you aren't actively attacking or defending. throw them when approaching, when running, throw them at people who aren't looking, etc. throw one or two at a time then pay attention and see if it's possible for the funnel you threw to hit then be ready with a gerobi or at least a zunda. the funnels have a unique stagger effect to give you more time for punishing and they reload quickly so don't worry about wasting them.

3. shotgun (CSa)

I would tell you how to use this but it's a really weird weapon and I can't explain exactly how to hit people with it. The only way to really hit people is to use it on angle at a specific range. It works in situations where a BR doesn't but it also fails in equally as many situations where a BR would work due to its delayed firing and lack of tracking. I recommend using it all the time even if you aren't hitting people, it's the only way to understand it. You should also be charging A while firing your BR so that CSa is ready when you need the achakyan. if you don't need the achakyan or think they're gonna land just fire it and boost forward to follow up.

using the achakyan will also give you a new way to hit people as you can move in ways they won't expect while the CSA comes out. doing 6b forward rainbow step BC->CSa is a good way to put on sudden pressure and grab otherwise unpunishable landings.

occasionally you can wake up from a knockdown and use CSa's close range tracking to blow an aggressive melee suit's head off. I don't recommend doing it too often as the opponent can easily read and punish it. This is a bad habit of mine as I bet on the muzzle correction to get me out of a jam but instead end up in a worse position when it fails.

4. gerobi

if achakyan and movement are 50% of sazabi's power then gerobi is the other 50%. BR's and funnels are nice but they don't hurt very much. in fact almost nothing sazabi does hurts very much compared to all the other 3k's. this is where gerobi comes in, it's crucial to hit people with gerobi so that you can get some damage on the board. the tracking sucks but the startup and speed and width of the beam are excellent. you should always be looking for an opportunity to land gerobi because if you aren't then you will most likely fall behind in the damage race.

try using your BR's and funnels to make opponents move then sneak in a landing with a fastfall when they are in the air. once you have the ground and they are in the air spending their boost you can begin planning to line yourself up and get the right height for a gerobi punish on their landing. keep in mind that the opponents will be looking for this as they know it's your only damage dealing weapon, so expect them to boost out of the way or try something else just before the gerobi would hit. get familiar with how fast it is and how poor the muzzle correction is so you know not to waste time firing shots that won't hit. at the same time don't be afraid to throw it out if you aren't being shot at because the reload time is very good for a big weapon.

5. melee

sazabi's melee is pretty shitty for a 3K. in terms of winning exchanges it isn't horrible, but the tracking and distance he moves leaves a lot to be desired. the damage is also mediocre, his best combo being cc8b 1hit > bbb > BR for 241 damage, less if finished with CSa instead of BR. occasionally you can bait people into a melee fight then achakyan in their face or something but I wouldn't recommend it against serious melee suits like Master or quanta.

Well I didn't intend to write this much but here it is. Remember that in general there's always something you can be shooting or throwing at someone with sazabi. firing shotgun, throwing funnels, threatening with gerobi, etc. he's a barrage type fighter who forces his opponents to spend boost while landing in between enemy shots. rely on having the boost advantage to win fights. anyway that's what i try to do, good luck.

Second that thanks for all the info. I'm trying to get the Achakyan down and slowly getting there. I think I'm executing the entire thing way too slow though. Am I not supposed to see any of the rainbow step animation when I successfully pull it off? I've been practicing the timing of the CSa cancel but I guess I'm not firing the whole thing fast enough? I hear the special Jagd Doga quote and I fast fall, but do I need to speed the entire input up so I never see myself perform the rainbow step?

Note that the Achakyan is just like a normal Amekyan, so you can do it from a BD jump, normal step or rainbow step.  If you do execute it from a rainbow step, then you should still see the rainbow step animation.  It should be done immediately after the step is complete to preserve momentum.

You just let go of A as soon as you press BC.  If you're hearing the Jagd Doga assist quote but not actually summoning the assist & firing your CSA and freefalling, then you're doing it right.

I too have been trying to work on this...I can do it on the ground like was recommended starting, but for some reason when I try to take it to the air I wind up calling out the assist every single time :/ Very tricky move, but incredible movement to see happen.

We can start a Sazabi support group akai! I'm slowly getting there myself. Over the weekend between HBO binging and BBQing I was in free battle practicing this for hours. Started out just learning the timing on the BC>csA on the ground which was really difficult and even had me changing buttons on my arcade stick and trying to integrate those instead of actually pressing the B and C buttons together. But eventually I was able to do it consistently and move onto the in-air phase.

Doing it out a regular BD took me the longest, but I was able to get the timing right off a rainbow step fairly easy. Now I'm just practicing doing it out of every situation I can imagine. 

Updating back on this. I just got a control stick and so am having to relearn Achakyan after I thought a few days ago I was starting to get the hang of it. I'm actually now finding it easier to do with a stick than with a controller, but the big thing I wanted to say that I don't see written and that I didn't realize is that you can still do it with the assists deployed. I'd thought initially if you screwed up and summoned the assists you were just SOL until they reloaded.

Wait, I see now where it was originally written that if the ammo is 0 or the assists are deployed you can't do it. But...I'm 99% sure I just did it a number of times while I had the assists next to me o_O

Yeah...yeah I'm definitely doing it with assists out...it's the same hard, fast, obvious swing in motion as the video.

Updating back on this. I just got a control stick and so am having to relearn Achakyan after I thought a few days ago I was starting to get the hang of it. I'm actually now finding it easier to do with a stick than with a controller, but the big thing I wanted to say that I don't see written and that I didn't realize is that you can still do it with the assists deployed. I'd thought initially if you screwed up and summoned the assists you were just SOL until they reloaded.

Wait, I see now where it was originally written that if the ammo is 0 or the assists are deployed you can't do it. But...I'm 99% sure I just did it a number of times while I had the assists next to me o_O

Yeah...yeah I'm definitely doing it with assists out...it's the same hard, fast, obvious swing in motion as the video.

Are you sure?  I just tested it myself, doesn't seem to work.  When I do it, I'm just stuck in my step, since the BC command has the Jagd Dogas fire while the assists are already out (non-vernier).  Likewise, when empty, I'm still just stuck in my step.

Neither of these verniers, so there's no vernier animation for the CSA to cancel.

Are you sure?  I just tested it myself, doesn't seem to work.  When I do it, I'm just stuck in my step, since the BC command has the Jagd Dogas fire while the assists are already out (non-vernier).  Likewise, when empty, I'm still just stuck in my step.

Neither of these verniers, so there's no vernier animation for the CSA to cancel.

Yeah. I don't have video capture equipment to post a video, but like in the original video WhiteDevil posted up there, the motion going on at 6s? 8s? I still get that exact same motion doing the button input with assists out. Faster, harder motion than the 2BCSa freefall cancel.

I was doing it out of boost dash/BD hop than 6B, making it usually force me down in a forward direction than side direction (though I could change it to side with lever direction of BD first), but it was definitely happening.

Just do step > 6b >csa when rushing people and you should start understanding how to land point blank CSa's and stuff.  Its almost always better to step before doing the amekyan.

【EXVS.FB & MB】 Sazabi Rainbow Sachakyan (important? distinction: this video calls this a Sachakyan instead of Achakyan edit: I realize now I think Sachakyan is just "step charge cancel" no, idk lol)

Sazabi's training partner,

Because I was told "I can't do sachakyan" I recorded and uploaded this video (I'm not sure if someone told him that he couldn't do it right, or if someone told him they couldn't do it and asked for a demo vid lol)

That's all.

0:00~

Nothing but simple rainbow sachakyan

1:30~

After doing the 4/6B swerve, if boost is good, do a rainbow step if possible

If ~5mm of boost gauge is remaining you can do it

2:30~

Again, nothing but simple rainbow sachakyan

3:17~End

Press BC, assists do single attackBDC the internal stiffness of the assistutilize the BDC stiffness and sachakyan

BDC sachakyan is possible in forward direction and left/right direction (total 5 directions including the two diagonals)

Because I almost completely haven't done a ranked match? video since "Sazachar 19", do you want me to eventually increase Sazabi videos? Not increase Sazabi videos?

So...not much in the description in the way of an explanation other than maybe the only caveat of this that it can only be done in those 5 directions when the assists are deployed or empty? (which, is exactly the directions I was using it in when I first posted about it)

Can you explain how you are performing it? using the exact same motion as the regular Achakyan with the assists out? I notice in this video when he does it with the assists on empty the out of ammo logo isn't flashing either, which happens to me every time I try and the assists are on cooldown and not out

It's not "step". It's sub (サブ). So ブ  チャージ  キャンセル.

But Sazabi doesn't use Sub to do this o_O it's not テップ? dumbness. サ not ス lol. Still, I don't know why Sub is included in this situation.

But @theMAC: The way you describe seeing the ammo flashing makes me feel like it's just a timing thing, and you're just doing a little to slow?

Uhhhh... You're missing the point of the video. He's doing Sub -> CSa, or rather 6b > Sub -> CSa, which is why you are seeing the rainbow step. Notice how in the first 30 seconds of the video the assists aren't shooting. If he was doing an achyakyan, then the assists would have fired. Also if the technique was called "step charge cancel," the title of the video would've had something like "ステチャキャン" in it.

And for @theMac, the reason why you don't see the "out of ammo" text in the video is because he's not doing an achyakyan. He's doing a "sachyakyan." It's not matter of pressing it too late or too early since you're assists aren't up yet. He's just doing a slightly different technique that produces the same effect.

Here is another video showing off the sachyakyan but with 00: http://nico.ms/sm24410089

Uhhhh... You're missing the point of the video. He's doing Sub -> CSa, or rather 6b > Sub -> CSa, which is why you are seeing the rainbow step. Notice how in the first 30 seconds of the video the assists aren't shooting. If he was doing an achyakyan, then the assists would have fired. Also if the technique was called "step charge cancel," the title of the video would've had something like "ステチャキャン" in it.

And for @theMac, the reason why you don't see the "out of ammo" text in the video is because he's not doing an achyakyan. He's doing a "sachyakyan." It's not matter of pressing it too late or too early since you're assists aren't up yet. He's just doing a slightly different technique that produces the same effect.

Here is another video showing off the sachyakyan but with 00: http://nico.ms/sm24410089

Thanks for the info, that does clear things up for me on why I'm getting the out of ammo and my assists fire whenever I try to perform this. I'm still not clear on how I perform "sachyakyan" like shown in the video, gaining fastfall out of a a rainbow stepped 6b into CSA? Also, can someone help me out with understanding what is going on in the last 50 seconds of the original video WhiteDevil posted? I can perform just about everything else I've seen in that particular video but getting that quick bounce with the little glow from the assists starting to come out with all that left/right momentum is stumping me. Apologies if I am being obtuse or missing something obvious, I'm only now starting to get into these kind of cancels and improving my game. Thanks much to everyone in the thread, it's been a great resource for me

If you're talking about the second to last thing shown, he did a "fuwastep achyakyan." So basically after you let go CSa, you press the boost button to do that little hop. I would recommend you try to memorize some katakana since that would've help you know what it was in the video.

Can anyone go into more detail on the Sachakyan? I think I'm able to pull it off regularly, but I'm not covering the large distance shown in the video/typical to the achakyan. Instead after a rainbowstep I just get a pretty rigid cancel from sub that is more vertical than anything. Is the cancel faster than the BC cancel for the achakyan or is there some trick to it?

Just make sure you have movement with step 6b csa down first its what you're going to be doing in 95% of situations anyway.

If you don't know fringe cases where you need a bit more oomph not like acha is gonna help.  youll do more damage going for it randomly.

Well it's not so much a question of what to be doing with Sazabi, I'm just intrigued by learning the technique and figuring out its practicality. And I'm wondering about the sachakyan that altair originally posted, I'm fine on the normal achakyan and its variants. I'm guessing the cancel is just ridiculously fast, I'll probably get a video up of what I'm getting out of it soon.