Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlitzWhat

[FB] Gundam Throne Drei General Discussion: BAD HARO

Welcome to the general thread for the Throne Drei.

Movelist

[A] GN Handgun

Small beam shots with an above average rate of fire and a decent ammo supply.

[CSa] GN Shield Pod Missiles

A volley of mid-range missiles with some tracking.

[AB] Assist - Gundam Throne Eins - GN Launcher

Ranged sustained beam assist, tracking is less reliable than the three shot assist but the damage output is higher. If the enemy units are close to each other you'll find this assist more useful, or if you've already set them up with Throne Zwei.

[AB+Direction] Assist - Gundam Throne Eins - GN Beam Rifle

Ranged three shot beam assist, decent accuracy, if you're being harassed this is your first port of call. Using this, your basic shot and your missiles will allow you to kite quite effectively.

[AC] Assist - Gundam Throne Zwei - GN Fangs

IKE, FANGU! Michael will send out GN Fangs that stun on hit, best for use on an opponent engaged in combat with your partner, since they're easily avoided if noticed.

[AC+Direction] Assist - Gundam Throne Zwei - GN Buster Sword

Melee assist, dashes out at high speed and hits with a launcher if it connects. Tracking is poor at very close ranges, so don't rely on it there.

[bC] GN Stealth Field

Your bread and butter, disrupts the red locking ability of the enemy team, allowing your partner to get away with murder. It won't be available at the start of the round, it must charge first. It's also useful as a mobility tool on the ground since it has a leap and spin before it kicks in, just cancel out at the top of the spin and boost away to get out of many tight spots.

[EX Burst] GN Mega Launcher

Sustained, thin beam which can be moved slightly while firing. Automatic tracking before the shot fires is insane, it's incredibly easy to slam someone at point blank with it, at mid range it's easily dodged without a setup.

just some quick little additions to the movelist

5AB is a sustained beam directional AB's result in triple shots.

5AC surrounds the opponents with fangs. Directional AC will send Zwei out to do a melee assist.

A little trick you can do is jump and overheat before you stealth field, since you dont get the twirl and jump the field usually gets when your falling the field activates you'll activate as low to the ground as possible and not be very high up in your activation. You can even be active behind buildings to use for cover with this trick.

A little trick you can do is jump and overheat before you stealth field, since you dont get the twirl and jump the field usually gets when your falling the field activates you'll activate as low to the ground as possible and not be very high up in your activation. You can even be active behind buildings to use for cover with this trick.

That's incredibly useful I've found, activating SF when overheated basically carries your vertical momentum, so you can use it as you've said, or boost straight up above your opponents and activate it just as you overheat to get huge air and be basically unassailable by most units for the duration.

Also note than your bursts will not reload any of your assists or your Stealth Field.

As for melee, you're obviously not going to want to go in most of the time, but your 2B will do solid damage and hits behind. Your melee dash is also fantastic for making escapes as it will launch your opponent and send you well past them and free to continue being an annoyance.

Also note than your bursts will not reload any of your assists or your Stealth Field.

That is interesting and unusual that it is does not reload assists. I wonder which burst she should pick. Assault's raw boost gauge recovery and speed improvement may be a lifesaver in desperate situations and allow you to seal some punishes with higher damage. Plus, it makes you have more burst left over if you use it to escape a combo. But blast would be useful for the extra increased reload rate over a longer period.(assists back in ~10 seconds instead of 20.. also, keep in mind that stealth field wont get the reload buff while its still on cooldown before recovering) The improvement in boost consumption, redlock and defense would be good for helping keepaway too. I suppose blast would be more logical unless you feel like you really need the extra boost recovery from assault to survive (inevitable?) desperate situations.

What's the ideal amount of time for stealth field? I tend to use it when both my opponents are targeting my partner (usually a 3000 point suit) and I move far from them to maximize stealth field duration.

Don't know why this hasn't been mentioned yet, but you can do AB and AC during BC and BC will not be cancelled. AC (and probably AB as well) has Forbidden's Raider-class absorption and will generally keep you safe from everything outside of melee or low/high angle shots.

2BC also negates the rise that 5BC would normally do so you can do low-altitude GN fields as well without the setup described above.

Another noteworthy tidbit about AB is that it preserves a fair amount of momentum on use and can be cancelled from BR. Can't quite remember if AC has the same cancel but I would not be surprised if it did.

Edit: The proper way to cancel out of the GN field when overheated is your main BR which will cancel the field and cause you to drop.

Edit 2:

What's the ideal amount of time for stealth field? I tend to use it when both my opponents are targeting my partner (usually a 3000 point suit) and I move far from them to maximize stealth field duration.

I like the idea of doing it for as long as the opponents don't want to invest in targeting you. Assessing the current situation and risk factor will play an important part when deciding between assist coverage versus aborting completely.

I have been thinking that the ideal partners for this suit would be something along the lines of Master or any high firepower suit which opponents can't afford to ignore.

I have been thinking that the ideal partners for this suit would be something along the lines of Master or any high firepower suit which opponents can't afford to ignore.

I really like Wing / Drei, because Zero System + GN Field (not stacked obviously but just having access to both) is extremely annoying to play around. I also like Destiny too, because his really silly strings (BR -> Sub -> BC -> etc) and WoL when GN Field is up is hysterical for being able to yolo at people :D

Don't know why this hasn't been mentioned yet, but you can do AB and AC during BC and BC will not be cancelled. AC (and probably AB as well) has Forbidden's Raider-class absorption and will generally keep you safe from everything outside of melee or low/high angle shots.

2BC also negates the rise that 5BC would normally do so you can do low-altitude GN fields as well without the setup described above.

Another noteworthy tidbit about AB is that it preserves a fair amount of momentum on use and can be cancelled from BR. Can't quite remember if AC has the same cancel but I would not be surprised if it did.

Edit: The proper way to cancel out of the GN field when overheated is your main BR which will cancel the field and cause you to drop.

I highly doubt the assists have raider class absorption. I've seen the eins and the zwei get swallowed and blown up by kshatrya's gerobi while playing online today. And I've also seen the raider completely stopping my GN mega launcher

I'm not sure if their armour changes during normal summons or when you summon them during stealth field, but they seem quite armoured normally. They can withstand most of a virsago or ZZ gerobi for example, or outlast it if they come out after the gero is fired. If you're close enough, doing ACDir (the sword assist) through a gerobi is hilarious. It just rushes right through it and you see the gero gradually reduce until the assist hits them.

In regards to assists and blocking while using Stealth Field:

After more testing this was the gerobi result:

ZZ - Two assist blocks

Sazabi - One is enough

Reborns - One is enough

Quanta - Two blocks most of it, but I ended up with 30 damage

Strike Freedom - Pierces right though almost instantly even with two

I can't seem to get anything out of the GN Mega Launcher super. It might just be that I'm more used to supers with a lot of armor on startup, but jesus christ that move is so slow to come out it just begs to be stuffed.

Otherwise I'm really enjoying playing the Throne Drei, loving all the assists.