Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AirMaster

[FB] Hi-Nu Gundam General: It's not for show!

Not to mention you have to use the CSa wisely. There are a lot of tricks for the CSa.

Such as CC8B(MISS)>CSa. Or 2B>CSa.

I believe I saw this in a video. A player would charge csA during cc8B and fire it

I posted this in the Nu Gundam thread but, am posting it here too for anyone that winds up reading this instead of the other ><

_________________________________________________________________________________________

A comparison analysis of Nu vs hi-Nu:

I made a comment earlier today about how I felt that hi-Nu was better equipped offensively and Nu better equipped defensively, but then decided to actually dig into the numbers and see just what exactly the similarities and differences are.

Similarities

• HP = 600
  • BR: Exactly the same in all values except correction ratio: 70%/-30%
  • CSa: Exactly the same in all values except correction ratio: 70%/-20%?
  • Sub=Funnels: Exactly the same in all values except reload time 7s/shot, 5s/shot. correction value 90%/-10%
  • AC=Bazooka: Exactly the same in all values except damage 104 /114, reload time 5.5?s/5.0s
  • 2B: both stun enemy.
  • Cancel routes: Both suits have ASub, AC, 2B, BC*. Both suits have CSaSub, AC, 2B, BC*
    *There are differences in theBC cancels' actions and use times.

Differences

• BR and CSa: as seen above, Nu appears to be more accurate with these.
  • CSb: Nu has a CSb that hi-Nu doesn't, which releases dummy balloons that make projectiles track to them instead of Nu, and explode for damage if someone runs into them.
  • Funnels: Nu's travel faster I think. hi-Nu can hold funnels beside him with neutral in addition to sending them towards the target. As seen above, hi-Nu reloads funnels faster, but Nu's are more apparently more accurate.
  • Bazooka: It's hard to really quantify the speed difference. I tried firing at an enemy from the same distance and timing the time until impact with a stopwatch and came out about the same, but visually, hi-Nu's seems to travel faster. Nu's bazooka puts him in a somersault flip that slightly reduces the tracking of enemy projectiles.
  • 2B: again, hard to quantify which ones travels further or goes faster. It seems though Nu has a slight advantage in distance, and has the cut-through at the end. Hi-Nu definitely seems to have a much faster execution time, and is harder to cut during approach. Stays next to the target upon hitting.
  • BDb: Nu does a punch combo that can be cut easily but deals hits quickly. Hi-Nu does a dash/cutback that is very hard to cut, and can also be used as a cutthrough if you don't do the second B followup.
  • Melee in general: As a frequent hi-Nu player, I feel now that Nu has more options for dealing melee damage, and his BC and 2B abilities I think are really nice...but for the few options hi-Nu has, I think he deals comparable damage in fewer hits, and is harder to cut during combos.
  • Cancels: Nu has SubAC, any-B2B, and any-BBC cancel routes that hi-Nu does not have.
  • BC cancel: Nu's BC cancel can be done at any point during a melee combo, converting it to the BDb punch combo. Hi-Nu can only BC cancel during Psychoframe activation, performing a wide-sweeping zig-zag approach strike. Once again, Hi-Nu is much more difficult to cut during this melee action.
  • BC ability: This one is the biggie, and what unquestionably sets the two apart. Nu Gundam's Fin Funnel Barrier negates all projectile damage while it is up. It lasts 10scan be ended before it reaches zero, and takes 20s to reload following a 13s cooldownHi-Nu's Psychoframe immediately reloads its funnel count and extends it from 12->18, and drastically decreases their reload time. It also increases red-lock range and I think increases mobility. It cannot be ended before reaching zero, lasts 13s and takes 30s to reload following a 1s cooldown.
  • EX Attack: Nu's attack requires basically melee range, does 300(A)/275(B) damage, but can be interrupted easily by ranged or melee. Hi-Nu's attack is a ranged gerobi dealing 314(a)/291(B) damage, and has slight ranged protection from the fin funnel barrier (but it's not a guaranteed save like Nu's barrier is, and can still be interrupted by melee).

Question Marks?

• Mobility: difficult to quantify this. I can only say hi-Nu has generally better cut resistance during melee.

Conclusion

So is "hi-Nu for offensive-focused and Nu more defensive-focused"? Looking at it now, it's not such a cut and dry difference as I originally made it out to be...So which should you pick? Well, looking through the list, Nu definitely has more and a wider range of tools available for it. Really when I look at it now and think about it, the Psychoframe BC is basically the only reason I since EXVS have played hi-Nu over Nu, because I just really like the utility that funnels provide and being able to completely reload, increase, and spam them once every 31s if desired, plus reload from EX Burst. But used in clutch moments Nu's fin funnel barrier is also a very strong tool that can significantly affect momentum in a battle. Hi-Nu's EX attack has more range, but I've had people side-step it very easily making it just as uneffective as Nu not being in melee range to use its...

I personally will probably still use Hi-Nu more, just because of how long I've been playing it, but I think I'm gonna put some more practice into Nu and try to make decisions on which one meshes better with certain units my partner maybe wants to play. If you have little experience with both of them and are trying to pick one, I have laid out here the similarities and differences, pros and cons.

Irysa once said to me that he views Nu and Hi-Nu as Ryu and Ken respectively - the former having very standard, stable tools while the latter has more offensive and perhaps "fun" tools at the expense of overall versatility. I think it's a pretty apt comparison.

Irysa once said to me that he views Nu and Hi-Nu as Ryu and Ken respectively - the former having very standard, stable tools while the latter has more offensive and perhaps "fun" tools at the expense of overall versatility. I think it's a pretty apt comparison.

But they both don't excel in anything. They are not the best mid range. Not the best melee. Not the best far range. Not the best speed and boost.

No instant burst.

Not really good at chasing. Not really good at running away. Not really good at supporting. Not really good at attacking....

They have a little of everything. But they have nth strong.

For example. S.Freedom would have more beam rifles and strong AC for self protection. AB gerobi for burst and CS which deals 130 damage. 4/6B for melee defend.

Nu and Hi-Nu just dont have any of those. And i am speaking of S.F a B rank in FB.

They are just rx-78 with funnels in my opinion

Kira, I think you're not seeing the forest for all the trees. :/

Try enlighten me.

I am just pointing out the old and major problems of both Nus 0_0 which is they both dont excel in anything as 3K. 

With no burst.

Hell, even my SF has a 330 Death combo that has good cut resistance during EX BURST.

Well, I think when they were making the Street Fighter comparison, they were only talking comparatively between the two specific units of Nu and Hi-Nu. They weren't comparing those two to all the other 3k's.

IMO, even comparing it to all the other 3Ks, it sorta fits.

Ryu & Ken aren't the best at anything (zoning, mixups, etc.) but they have a little bit of everything, just like Nu & hi-Nu.  Their basic movesets are very similar as well (BR, CSa, BZ).

The main thing where the comparison fails is that, where Ryu is more a zoning character (fireballs, roundhouse, etc.) while Ken is more a mixup character (karathrow, forward m.kick), both Nu & hi-Nu play a very neutral-heavy game.  But I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant to be this in-depth :P

Ryu in SSF4 is good at zoning and has combos that deals damage. Ken too.
They might be similar to ryu and ken when you compare them to each other, but still they dont excel at anything.
Hi-Nu was considered as S-A rank in the beginning of vanilla until people realize how bad nu actually is.

That was also the reason why they gave them a CS that has decent tracking. But that only made them even more less unique compared to other 3Ks like SF who is very similar to them in terms of play style.

I still like them both. I used to play them a lot in vanilla and i still play them in Full Boost. But still they cannot be compared to Xi Gundam/S.F/Turn X

Turn X has a landing ability and a decent CS with decent mobility from BC. Xi Gundam do a better job at mid range due to the missiles and funnel missiles which can help you get some free hits off the enemy. Xi Gundam has a burst AC and more mobility when BC is activated.
S.F has a better CS which tracks better and deal more damage. Top rank gerobi which deals 181 damage. Dragoons for both defend and offend.

Melee wise.. Xi gundam's melee suck but his neutral game is better than both Nus.
Turn X's 4/6B is actually not bad, it has ok priority and can be comboed into other stuffs for more damage.
S.F's 4/6B is one of the top rank 4/6 from the game(except melee suits like master/god) for a ranged MS.
Nu's melee are just bad. Pure garbage.
Hi-Nu's melee is a lot better and more reliable/better priority.
Both Nu lack burst damage. The only thing close to quick burst damage is hi-nu's ex attack.
They both dont have good death combo during ex burst.

I always think that suits with strong death combo/burst during EX is a plus.
Look at S/A rank suits they all have sth that deal a lot of damage.

This is what both nu's are lacking :(

But then Hi-Nu is still a good suit. The only problem of Hi-Nu(except burst/death combo) is that it drops slowly.
It does not have any drop ability which is a huge problem.

I was doing some playing around tonight with the 2B~A attack just for fun, but I wanted to put it out there that I realized that while it certainly doesn't do as much damage as a →CSa finisher, 2B (alone) does put you in a very fast fall state instead of leaving you sitting frozen in midair for a period of time (long enough to be easy to cut) unless you spend boost like the other two do. It works kinda like a not-quite-as-good Red Frame FC finish. I say it doesn't do as much damage, but honestly in the cases I tested it was only a loss of like 7-12 damage at the end of the combo.

2B~A doesn't put you in as fast or immediate a fall as 2B alone does, but it still falls much faster than ending a combo with CSa, and even if you Down an enemy and the MG whiffs, the hop-back adds cut resistance that CSa lacks.

I'd also kinda forgotten about the A→2B and CSa→2B cancel routes. A→2B seems to me to be a pretty solid melee intercept option, and CSa→2B, again, just provides an option for negating the stiffness of the shot (like GP01Fb's CSa→BC).

How do I do csA combo finishers properly? I find that I have to have csA charged before doing the combo. Trying to charge it mid-combo ends up with me dropping the combo since I have to take my finger off the melee button. Playing on default btw - pad scrub 

How do I do csA combo finishers properly? I find that I have to have csA charged before doing the combo. Trying to charge it mid-combo ends up with me dropping the combo since I have to take my finger off the melee button. Playing on default btw - pad scrub 

The sub shortcut on the default pad layout is R1 right? As long as you're holding Square already then pushing R1 will only do a B input instead of AB like it normally would.

Unfortunately, Hi-Nu's CSa combos and Heavyarms/Cherudim (neither of which I often play) are the two main reasons I stopped using the default layout :/ I honestly never found any way to do it other than like awkwardly dropping my index finger down to Triangle and just relying on step cancels between hits. But...really miserable feeling and practice ><