Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna Yuki

[FB] The Wing Zero Thread - *Stares at nerf hammer* Ore wa... Ore wa shinanai !

XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero

Pilot : Heero Yuy

Cost : 3000

Durability : 620

Overall Height : 16.7 meters

Standard Weight : 8.0 metric tons

20121212210537-98670.jpg

Movelist

In Mobile Suit Mode

[A] Main : Twin Buster Rifle

In normal mode, fires 2 wide beams similar to Turn X CSa (but doesn't down instantly).

While CSa is active, fires a gerobi similar to Wing Zero (EW) main.

Ammo : 5

Reload Time : 3 seconds per ammo

Damage : 75 (Normal)/38~144 (CSa)

Staggers in 1 hit, down in 3 hits in normal mode. Down in 1 hit with the Gerobi.

[CSa] Twin Buster Rifle (Charge)

Turns his main into a gerobi. Makes Rolling Buster Rifle bigger and do more damage.

Charge Time : 4 seconds

[AB] Sub : Machine Cannon

Fires projectiles from the shoulders. 1 short input fires 10 shots. 1 long input fires 30 shots.

Ammo : 60

Reload Time : 6 seconds, reloads when empty

Damage : 8~124

Staggers in 5 hits.

[AC] Special Shoot : Rolling Buster Rifle

The infamous Wing Zero signature move. Fires Buster Rifle around you, in a limited area, 3 times.

Ammo : 1

Reload Time : 17 seconds

Damage : 140 (Normal)/170 (CSa)

Down in 1 hit.

[bC] Special Melee : Neo Bird Mode Rapid Transformation

Easy way to transform.

[CSb] Zero System

Activates Zero System. Cuts tracking.

Timer : 100

Charge Time : 2 seconds

Reload Time : 22 seconds

Cooldown Time : 5 seconds

[ABC] Burst Attack : Ore wa... Ore wa Shinanai ! (I won't... I won't die !)

3 sword slashes, with the third hit launching the opponent, followed by Twin Buster Rifle at full power.

Damage : 315 (Assault)/293 (Blast)

In Neo Bird Mode

[A] Main : Twin Buster Rifle

Fires 2 wide beams or a Gerobi.

Ammo : 5

Reload Time : 3 seconds per ammo

Damage : 120 (Normal)/162 (CSa)

Down in 1 hit.

[CSa] Twin Buster Rifle (Charge)

Gives acces to the Gerobi.

Charge Time : 4 seconds

[AB] Wing Vulcan

Fires head Vulcan.

Ammo : 90

Damage : ~108

Reloads by returning to Mobile Suit mode.

[CSb] Zero System

Activate Zero System. Cuts tracking.

Charge Time : 2 seconds

Reload Time : 22 seconds

Cooldown Time : 5 seconds

I can see all the online players with Wing Zero TV, but, I really want try this Wing, Endless Waltz Wing was crap, and this looks pretty awesome, really fast, with good melee and awesome range attacks, I hope JPN players do a wiki like EXVS with all the possible combo.

Wing Zero EW is far from being crap in FB. You shoul try it too. Has a lot of cancels and movements possibility now.

The Melee part will come soon.

Since Wing Zero Custom and Epyon will always be my main units. This will be my mess around unit 3k. Though the dlc version, I'm actually looking forward to since I need a 2.5.

You can cnacel your gerobi into 8B. The main combo that people are using is 8B and after the flip kick, the rainbow step either left or right, backwards depending on where they are and they fire a buster rifle shot. You can also do the 8b and fire the gerobi. The biggest thing I see people doing also is just going HAM on someone when they activate Zero System. In melee range they almost always do 8B.

Note that CS Main -> 8B > BR only works if the Gerobi is 1-3 hits. If it hits for more, it will down after the 8B.

Random interesting note: if you do CS Main -> 6B as an offensive string, if they CS Main hits, you have enough time to react to the Main hit, rainbowstep out of the 6B on startup, and 8B combo off of it as normal.

CS Main -> 6B is really nice input wise because its really easy to input a sidestep inbetween them (Main, 66+B, almost like doing a rainbowstep war). It's technically impossible due to input buffering to get a fastest possible 8B from a sidestep. The main downside of using 6B over 8B is that 8B combos nicely, but with practice I believe you can use 6B and react rainbowstep 8B from confirming the main hit. The main issue is that the extra rainbowstep eats a lot of boost, though.

i'm dissapointed how the latest data update nerfing WZ armor and zero system. zero system is useless now, cannot cut tracking anymore

...?

Unless I'm mistaken, there hasn't been an update recently (IIRC they don't release balance patches anymore since they've started Maxi Boost, it was the same with EXVS if I'm not mistaken).

He's still an S-tier suit, so...

i meant the lastest patch update in the console version. It Zero system are useless now :(

As of 4AM PST in the morning on Thursday, April 17th, zero system still cuts guidance.... We literally just played the game for 5 hours in the local arcade and it still worked. Could you elaborate?

Also, what's this about a patch? I haven't seen any sort of patch, nor seen anything from Namco or Bamco or whatever you want to call it. 

I'm pretty sure ZS still works. I play Quatre. ZS still works for him too. 

Lol this is still one of the most retarded suit in game.
Still one of the most retarded in maxi boost.
Fought against a lot of wing zero and it is always a pain in the ass.
A lot of players simply dash into close range and CS>8b.
I still cannot find a good way to counter that.
I think MS with strong melee can counter that. E.G master,00-q, X1FC. Need to find a way :(

Only way I can deal with it is being above him when I feel it coming, and amekyan'ing to the ground.(as unicorn)  But that's bad for all sorts of reasons when the player stops acting so predictable with csa.

In any other situation its just a god tier landing punish though but any suggestions to try to mitigate the player trying to go for free damage with csa is welcome.

Only way I can deal with it is being above him when I feel it coming, and amekyan'ing to the ground.(as unicorn)  But that's bad for all sorts of reasons when the player stops acting so predictable with csa.

In any other situation its just a god tier landing punish though but any suggestions to try to mitigate the player trying to go for free damage with csa is welcome.

It is actually not just a landing punish. If the wing zero is punishing my landing, i won't say a word about it.

The thing is that wing zero TV can just dash dash dash into close range and use CSA which is extremely hard to dodge due to the fact that Wing Zero EW's Main does not really track at all while wing zero TV has decent tracking. They nerfed the tracking in MB but it is still a pain in the ass to play against.

Not to mention that Wing ZeroTV has a 5 second duration Zero System. 5 Seconds to land an attack on the opponent is more than enough. Not to mention the fact that you cant really do anything about it during the zero system. All you can do is run for your life.

Your partner cannot help you and you cannot really help yourself. Another reason why its retardedly broken.

If the development team really wants give every MS their uniqueness by following the anime.... Destiny should be able to cut tracking every second during Boost Dash. Freedom should have a forward dash ability that dodges every projectile except gerobi.

Wing Zero EW and Epyon should have Zero System like Wing Zero TV.

Fall of Axis should cover up the entire screen.. and a lot more.

Actually, the truth is that the development team only try to make their favorite MS strong. It was mentioned in a lot of interviews. Dating back from Next to Maxi Boost. They love G series so they tried to make melee suit stronger by giving them Next Dash/Rainbow Dash/Crazy Priority/Projectiles/Assist...

Not to mention that they never test their game. They don't know how to play the game. Which is why no one is willing to play the new MB anymore in JP. They lowered the price to 50yen per game and the chairs are still empty most of the time.(Which never happened before except for GVG the first game)

The balance is just broken. There are suits with completely useless stuffs and suits with the best stuffs everywhere.

Anyways. Wing zero is just insanely broken and needs more nerf lol. At least change the speed of AC to the speed of EW's CS. Or else Wing Zero TV is the reason why no one plays EW version anymore. EW is just bad compared to TV version..

If you see him rushing clean at you with zero system, you can always just try and block the csa. Or like you said, fly up and just cancel with amekyan. Or you can try fuwa fuwa it/fuwa step.

If you see him rushing clean at you with zero system, you can always just try and block the csa. Or like you said, fly up and just cancel with amekyan. Or you can try fuwa fuwa it/fuwa step.

Ameyan is a bad move. Wing Zero could just cancel the CSA and shoot at you while you are landing.

The only way for now is really either block it or step cancel out of it. Either way the wing zero can still land before you and have another meter of boost to attack you.

This is why the zero system is broken as fXXK. 

I suggest not to fly that much against Wing Zero TV. Just watch out for AC and play a little bit defensive. Wing Zero TV's melee priority is not that good, so going in for melee is actually a good choice. But you will have to be able to dodge the CSa.

The suit has literally no direct weakness due to the fact that it is great in almost everyway. 

The only way to win this suit is to play safe or ask your partner to rush into the wing zero early game.

Either ways, it is still going to be a pain in the ass to fight against it. 

So I'm pretty new, and I get that Wing Zero is a strong suit, but what exactly is his gameplan? The match vids just show him charging CSa a lot and trying to rolling buster landings sometimes, but i'm still pretty lost on how the suit works

I've been doing translations for the wiki, and Wing Zero TV is one of my WIPs, so here you go:

"From Gundam Wing, comes Heero Yuy in his final suit, the Wing Gundam Zero.

Note that this is a different suit from the Wing Zero EW version, which appeared in Endless Waltz and in the original EXVS.

It’s a very popular suit due to its incredible power as the premier top-tier 3000.

With up to 8 BDs, good momentum preservation, and a boost-efficient BC rapid transformation, you’re an all-purpose suit with one of the highest mobility of all 3000s.

Your great tools make you one of the best suits in the mid-close range, with no notable weakness.

You particularly shine in close-mid range, since your AC Rolling Buster doesn’t go beyond red lock range.

Your Main is a standard 1-shot beam, but CSA will change the properties to a non-vernier gerobi akin to Wing Zero EW, Reborns, or 00.

When compared to Reborns, another top tier 3000, you have less variety in your ranged options, but have improved turnover rates on your BR and non-vernier gerobi.  Unlike Wing Zero EW, you still have access to a good BR for the medium range.

In addition to your multi-functional Main, you have a great Sub MG and your signature AC, so you have a wide variety of excellent tools at your disposal.

Your 1st stage melee performance is fairly average, but you have excellent damage output and an easy way to hit-confirm thanks to CSA being melee-cancellable.  With this, your close-range performance is incredibly threatening, and you’ll want to go for this wherever possible.

In addition to the above tactic, you also have a great Sub and BC~B cancel to work with, making you nearly unbeatable in close quarters.

Finally, you have your CSB Zero System, which cuts guidance similar to F91’s MEPE or Deathscythe’s AC Hyper Jammer.

In conjunction with your great close-range performance, it’s an extremely threatening tool despite its low duration.

Your moveset and attributes all make you a very powerful front suit threat, but if you do get overcosted, you have surprisingly good survivability as a back role thanks to your mobility and Zero System.

You won’t be able to make use of your CSA → melee chain, but you’re one of the best 3000s at runaway, right up there with Sazabi and Wing Zero EW.

Keep CSB ready in case of an emergency, such as a low-boost situation or an approaching Quanta with BC.

Given your low durability for a 3000, going to cover your partner without Zero System when you’re at low health can be a very big risk.

Overall, you’re a high-mobility suit with a dominating combination of powerful close-ranged (CSA, Sub) and medium-ranged tools (BR, AC) for both aggression and interception.

Your unique 8B OTG-effect is very high-performance and will play an active role in your hit-confirms off BR/CSA.

Despite its short duration, CSB will let you force an approach and abuse your close range tools.

Its incredible performance lets it be viable with almost any 2500 or 2000 cost partner, and is still very powerful in the hands of inexperienced players.

It is perhaps unmatched by any other mobile suit in this entire game."

Finally, you have your CSB Zero System, which cuts guidance similar to F91’s MEPE or Deathscythe’s AC Hyper Jammer.

In conjunction with your great close-range performance, it’s an extremely threatening tool despite its low duration.

Your moveset and attributes all make you a very powerful front suit threat, but if you do get overcosted, you have surprisingly good survivability as a back role thanks to your mobility and Zero System.

You won’t be able to make use of your CSA → melee chain, but you’re one of the best 3000s at runaway, right up there with Sazabi and Wing Zero EW.

Keep CSB ready in case of an emergency, such as a low-boost situation or an approaching Quanta with BC.

Given your low durability for a 3000, going to cover your partner without Zero System when you’re at low health can be a very big risk.

Overall, you’re a high-mobility suit with a dominating combination of powerful close-ranged (CSA, Sub) and medium-ranged tools (BR, AC) for both aggression and interception.

Your unique 8B OTG-effect is very high-performance and will play an active role in your hit-confirms off BR/CSA.

Despite its short duration, CSB will let you force an approach and abuse your close range tools.

Its incredible performance lets it be viable with almost any 2500 or 2000 cost partner, and is still very powerful in the hands of inexperienced players.

It is perhaps unmatched by any other mobile suit in this entire game.