Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tari

[FB] Arios Gundam General Discussion - 'Mari!' 'Soma Peries da!'

This thread is for discussion of the 1000 cost suit, Arios Gundam.

At the top of this post is his movelist, and at the bottom are the detailed value and info tables for his weapons.

There are no melee combo routes listed here, as he is not a melee-centric unit. His highest damage melee combos involve cancelling his melee hits into his GN shield claw, but it's fairly common to see Arios simply step-cancel his melee into his GN twin beam rifle or submachine gun instead. Some melee combos are available on the JP wiki (linked below), if you have difficulty figuring out his melee paths. I may make a list of melee cancel routes in the future, but it's not in the plans at the moment.

JP wiki: http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/pages/269.html

General Info:

Arios Gundam is a very versatile 1000 cost suit, with good mobility and both an amekyan (albeit a slow one) and a turnaround fastfall cancel available to him. In addition, he has a high volume of ranged output, a permanent assist, and fast melee options for quick knockdowns or stuns in tight situations.

Random Info:

- GN Archer has a health count, though it is virtually impossible to destroy her (takes around 4 minutes of continuous MG, beam, and missle fire) and she can be respawned by entering MA mode anyway.

- GN Archer can absorb physical property ranged attacks before they reach Arios. Beam weapons will penetrate through GN Archer, however.

- Arios' boost dash melee (CC8B) is a heavy stun on the first hit.

MOVELIST

Mobile Suit Mode (MS Mode)

[A] GN Twin Beam Rifle

Standard beam rifle. Can be amekyan'd with GN submachine gun. Can be cancelled into quick MA transform, even when out of boost. Notably, if GN Archer is not currently engaged in an action, it will follow-up with its own beam rifle shot, even when Arios itself doesn't have ammo to shoot (ie: when you try to fire an empty shot).

[AB] GN Submachine Gun

Fires a volley from two GN submachine guns. Staggers in 4 hits. Most often seen when used for amekyan and fastfall turnaround shots.

[AC] Quick MA Transform with GN Missile Launchers

Arios Gundam docks with Soma's GN Archer and enters MA mode, then fires off a volley of missles. Useful for emergency maneuvers. Does not share missile ammo with MA mode missile packs.

[B] Beam Saber

Standard beam saber melee. Average melee. Can be cancelled into MA mode melee attacks: BC goes into the GN shield claw clamp and 8B goes into the assault drill spin.

[bC] GN Archer Multi-Shot Assist

Soma's GN Archer fires a volley from its beam rifles. 4/6 inputs send GN Archer to the left/right sides, and cause it to fire two rounds. Neutral input causes GN Archer to stay in its current position and fire two rounds followed by a third double shot. Only the neutral summon can down an opponent by itself. Can be amekyan'd.

Mobile Armor Mode (MA Mode)

Arios can enter MA mode with the standard holding boost button + directional double-tap, or by using his AC move when in MS mode.

[A] GN Twin Beam Rifle

Standard MA mode beam rifle. Can cancel directly into rolling triple shot (AB) or GN shield claw (BC).

[AB] Rolling Triple GN Twin Beam Rifle

Causes Arios to do a barrel roll while firing three BR volleys.

[AC] GN Missile Launchers

Arios launches a volley of missiles upwards into the sky, which then fall in a scatter on top of the opponent.

[B] Assault Drill

Arios drills its nose directly into the opponent and launches them upwards on a successful hit, allowing for easy combo followups. On hit, it causes an untechable knockdown, making it a good choice for a fast melee ender and escape.

[bC] GN Shield Claw

3-part attack. Arios flies directly into the opponent and clamps onto them. If the attack successfully hits the opponent, Arios will grind the opponent multiple times for high damage before causing the opponent to explode. Not only does Arios not move while performing the grind, but this move also cannot be cancelled out of once it hits, so use it carefully. The explosion portion of the move will cause an untechable knockdown, and Arios will continue to fly out the other side in MA mode.

Extreme Burst Attack

[ABC] GN Archer Combo Attack

Arios clamps on to the opponent, then spirals upwards into the air while emptying his twin beam rifle into them. At the apex of the rise, GN Archer smashes a beam saber into the opponent and knocks them to the ground. This attack is very easy to confirm into from any random hit, does good damage, and has somewhat decent cut resistance for an EX burst attack, due to its vertical movement.

VALUE/INFO TABLES:

- Down Values: When down value on a suit reaches 5, they yellow out. Down value on a suit resets after 3 seconds without taking damage.

Mobile Suit Mode (MS Mode)

[table]

INPUT

NAME

AMMO

DAMAGE

RELOAD TIME

PRORATION

DOWN VALUE

EFFECT

PROPERTY

A

GN Twin Beam Rifle

3 sec, continuous

-30%

Stagger

Beam

-

GN Archer Assist Shot

-

-

-40% (-30% x2)

2.5 (1.25 x2)

Stagger

Beam (Assist)

AB

GN Submachine Gun

8-71

5 sec, on empty

-4%

Stagger on 4th hit

Beam

AC

Quick Transform + Missiles

30-84

9 sec

-20% per hit?

0.8 per hit?

Stagger

Physical Ammo

BC

GN Archer Multi-Shot Assist

150/90

6 sec

-20% per hit?

1.25 per hit? (x2 for 3rd shot)

Stagger

Beam (Assist)

[/table]

Mobile Armor Mode (MA Mode)

[table]

INPUT

NAME

AMMO

DAMAGE

RELOAD TIME

PRORATION

DOWN VALUE

EFFECT

PROPERTY

A

GN Twin Beam Rifle

3 sec, continuous

?

2 (x2)

Stagger

Beam

AB

Rolling Triple GN Twin Beam Rifle

4 sec

-10% (3 shots -25%)

1x2x3

Stagger

Beam

AC

GN Missile Pack

30-84

5 sec, on empty

-20% per hit?

0.8 per hit?

Stagger

Physical Ammo

B

Assault Drill

-

-

-20%

Untechable Down

-

BC

GN Shield Claw

-

-

-15%, -45%, -60%

1, 0, 3

Untechable Down

-

[/table]

Extreme Burst Attack

[table]

INPUT

NAME

AMMO

DAMAGE

ABC

GN Archer Combo Attack

1 per burst

~271(A)/~251(B)

[/table]

Note: Original table settings for later restoration: table="width: 500, class: grid, align: center"

Shock! No witty subtitle! I never bought the Arios DLC in EXVS vanilla, so I'm pretty interested to see how it plays in FB.

Was too lazy and tired to figure out a witty subtitle, haha. I'll probably just slap something simple there later. Hm.... (edit: done! super laaaaazy, lol)

He plays pretty much the same in FB, but he felt a bit worse during the couple games I played. I suspect it was largely because I was getting messed up by the changes to boost recovery, though. To be fair, I think a larger part of the issue was that I was playing against Zeong, which just felt gross as all hell with Arios. Need more time with the game to really say anything, though.

I can see how 1k suits are hurt by the +50% boost recovery changes, but general bullet speed is lower. Also, they also benefit from activations being balanced away from 3ks/2.5ks and in favor of 1ks/2ks.(basically, 3ks activate less than in vanilla and 1ks/2ks activate more due to changes in how much activation meter 1ks get, and adjustments to how much everyone gets when they die)(thanks 6/25 update~)

Plus, MA forms arguably matter more now that boost dashes and hops don't go as far and maps are supposedly larger. Those with MA forms now have more of a map-crossing advantage. Firing is also more about vectors than before due to guidance changes, and GN archer helps Arios fire from multiple vectors at once, so~

His MA mode is good, but I wouldn't really say it makes up for the boost difference between him and a 3K suit. GN Archer is still good as well, but I don't think she's better than she was in EXVS. If anything, she's also worse because of the tracking changes. Don't get me wrong, the off-vector shots and the free, extra beam spam is nice, but it's already good in vanilla EXVS.

The burst changes are definitely nice, but they don't actually change the fact that 3Ks out perform 1Ks when they both aren't activated.

In any case, a lot of the overall issues with how the game feels will go away with time, after a period of adjustment. It feels pretty strange at the start, though, coming straight from vanilla EXVS.

His MA mode is good, but I wouldn't really say it makes up for the boost difference between him and a 3K suit.

Of course not- it shouldn't, 3k suits are better than 1ks for a reason. I am saying that the general system changes in FB may make MA more valueable compared to before, since the difference in distance crossing between normal movement and MAs is greater. 3ks are supposed to outperform 1ks, otherwise why would you accept having less hp per points?

Of course not- it shouldn't, 3k suits are better than 1ks for a reason. I am saying that the general system changes in FB may make MA more valueable compared to before, since the difference in distance crossing between normal movement and MAs is greater. 3ks are supposed to outperform 1ks, otherwise why would you accept having less hp per points?

Mm, I'm not saying it should be that way, either. My goodness, if 1K suits could maneuver as well as 3K suits... this game would be so terribly balanced, haha. I thought you were saying that his MA mode made up for the boost landing changes, which I don't believe it really does. It certainly is more useful than before, though, with all the tracking and other boost changes, so I'm pretty sure we're in agreement. :P