Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna Yuki

[FB] The Duel Assault Shroud Thread - SUTORAAAAIIIIKUUUU !

GAT-X102 Duel Gundam Assault Shroud

Pilot : Yzak Joule

Cost : 1000

Durability : 330

Overall Height : 17.50 meters

Standard Weight : 103.47 metric tons

20120925115714-35940.jpg

Movelist

[A] Main : Beam Rifle

Standard BR.

Ammo : 5

Damage : 75

Reload Time : 3 seconds per ammo

Staggers in 1 hit.

[CSa] Shiva

Fast physical projectile from the shoulder cannon. Railgun-type.

Damage : 95

Charge Time : 2 seconds

Instant down.

[AB] Sub : Missile Pods

Fires missiles from the shoulders. Hold the input to fire the 5 missiles in a row.

Ammo : 5

Damage : 40

Reload Time : 5 seconds, reloads when empty

Staggers in 1 hit, down in 5 hits.

[AC] Special Shoot : Buster Gundam Assist (Shoot)

Calls Buster Gundam for a short intervention. 3 different ways to shoot :

NAC : Hyper Impulse Long-Range Sniper Rifle. Fires a gerobi at the target.

4/6AC : Hyper Impulse Long-Range Sniper Rifle. Fires a gerobi at the target and moves in the inputted direction slowly.

2/8AC : Anti Armor Shotgun. Similar to Sazabi's CSa. Staggers in 1 hit.

Ammo : 2

Damage: 120/

Reload Time : 15 seconds, reloads when empty

[bC] Special Melee : Buster Gundam Assist (Follow)

Calls Buster Gundam. It follows you for a limited amount of time. Fires its missiles along with your Main and Sub ?

Timer : 100

Damage : 75

Reload Time : 10 seconds, reloads when empty

Cooldown Time : 8 seconds

[ABC] Burst Attack : Buster Gundam Assist (Last Resort Full Power Bazooka)

Fires Buster's Bazooka at full power. You can change the beam trajectory during the attack.

Damage : 251

Cancel Routes

[A]>[AB]

Main>Sub

Beam Rifle>Missile Pods

[A]>[AC]

Main>Special Shoot

Beam Rifle>Buster Gundam Assist (Shoot)

[A]>[bC]

Main>Special Melee

Beam Rifle>Buster Gundam Assist (Follow)

Now this mech is a gem. I wasn't sure I'd like it but it's one of my favorite suits now. 1k with commandable assists similar to sazabi/DX/hyaku? yes please~

-Like the others, you can use BC for fastfalls with turn around A->5BC and such.

-4AC/6AC are pretty great. He aims far to the direction that you indicate, so if the enemy is just boost hopping straight in that direction they will get hit unless they're particularly fast. This forces the enemy to boost hop more. Remember, even if you cant punish their boost hop, you're forced them to move a large distance in a certain direction- perhaps this means they're now closer to your ally, or separate from their ally. Take advantage of positional advantages like that.

-csA is pretty fantastic. Tracking doesnt seem quite as good as say, providence csA, but it seems faster to me. Also, it is not a beam- so it ignores cloaks like X1's! Nice for tagging boost hops, which your 4AC/6AC will help encourage them to do.

-AB missile tracking is pretty good. It is nice how you can either just let one or two go for an easy, inexpensive knockdown off A, or fire all 5. Pretty convenient.

-Don't just use BC for more firepower and fastfalls, but for vectors. You can be firing along one vector and then Buster can fire on a very different one, making it hard for the enemy to move especially when you take your ally and the map into consideration. Remember: when assists like buster(or the assists of hyaku, sazabi, etc) fire, they stay still. Otherwise, they gradually move towards you. When you summon BC, he's going to be still and you're going to boost cancel anyway, so you may want to take that moment to move extra far or to a particular angle. You may want to do similar any time Buster fires. This will make him significantly less useful for comboing off your shots for knockdowns, though.

-Another nice thing about assists like this is that they can be much closer to an enemy than you are, which can allow you to use Buster to punish some landings that would be otherwise harder/impossible to punish. You summon buster, you move one way, the enemy moves away from the way you're going- but they still end up close to buster.

-I havent used 2AC/8AC enough, but they seem ok at tagging landings when you're unsure on the timing. Need to utilize more.

-His melee seems surprisingly good to me. 6b has solid curve-around and reach, 2b has surprisingly good priority and reach, it isnt hard to get 200+ melee damage IIRC(need to go back and double check this), and his 8b has fantastic priority for beating others' melee, even god 5b.

-Combine 4AC/6AC with other factors to pressure the enemy, like your own presence(since getting close to you=being easier to punish) or the corner or your ally or whatever.

-His BC has separate cooldowns for missile shots and normal shots. Missile shots are any direction except neutral+BC. If you're trying to pump out as much firepower as possible with his bc, i suppose get used to tapping BC once when you boost dash in a specific direction after landing to get the missiles out regularly. It seems that he recovers from firing missiles quicker than firing beam.

-Using 4AC/6AC during BC seems pretty poor, because Buster is higher up and guessing that exact height is tough. It may be useful for some baller boost hop punishes tho..? Like he fires at a height they were at before the peak of their jump, and then when they get back to that height they fall on the gerobi? I may need to try that more, but it only happened once for me lol

-5AC seems like it is just for comboing off A. Much faster, but not special muzzle correction or anything it seems.

-Super seems quite useful in terms of muzzle correction and your own control over it, but you are very vulnerable while doing it since you can't boost cancel it.

I was worried he'd have giant ammo issues, but csA/AB/BC help prevent a lot of that.

Dunno why people fixate on it not having armor purge anymore when AC/BC are so much cooler.

Some combos from wiki: (wiki has made mistakes before it seems to me so these may be inaccurate. regardless, 8b and csA are key to high damage)

5bb > 8bb 213 damage

5bb > 8b -> csA 221 damage

8bb -> csA 225

8bb > 6bb -> csa 236

8b(2 hits) > 8bb -> csA 248

6b > 5bbb -> csA 216

6b > 8bb -> csA 228

2b -> csA 190

2bb > 2b -> csA 216

2bb > 8b -> csA 226

Yeah, so I've been trying out Duel Gundam as well. He's another 1k that's extremely fun to use.

He's got pretty good melee damage output as well, and when you've got Buster out, it's even more fun to play Duel. >:D

But actually asking something here as someone who wants to main Duel Gundam.

What should I focus on when playing this suit?
Ammo conservation? The right time to throw out Buster Gundam? The times for an AC? BD-ing your AB grenades? 

On another note, I do like how Duel hits fairly hard. Nice to see he's got good melee, but if I can help it, I'd rather just be annoying with Buster and scout the field for opportunites to catch people with a gerobi when doing something easily punishable. 

I would really appreciate some help here.