Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TransientFaith

[FB] The LaGOWE Thread - we playing Zoids now

MNZzglZ.png?1

[table=width: 350, class: grid, align: center]

[/tr]

Nane

TMF/A-803 LaGOWE

Pilot

Andrew Waltfield/Aisha

Cost

HP

[/table]

Move List

[A] Bean Cannon

Shoots two beams from his cannons. Consumes 1 ammo

[AB] Beam Cannon Multi

SHoots several consecutive beam cannons at the target

[AC] Call BaCUE

Summons BaCUEs on his sides which run towards the target

[bD B] Drill Spin

Spin to win.

[bC] Spin Attack

Spins in place. Where are you looking at?

[ABC] Burst Attack

Hey look I'm new!

Core Strategy/Advice

Run around and don't get hit too much. Watch out for those slippery slope maps since you are low profile, your BR will often hit the slope instead of going up over it like most standing mechs.

Brake cancelling is a staple and luckily for LaGOWE, he has many options:

- BC the standard brake (slow but no cost). Note: like most of LaGOWEs brakes, this must be done ON THE GROUND or else you will lose everything good about this

- BC -> rainbow step -> br (optional) Improved from vanilla, cuts tracking with the rainbow step and has better skid correction than standard BC brake

- AC stops most momentum and dogs can potentially take hits for you, if you can figure out the recovery timing a very strong option

Despite the 8B > dash nerf, the general reduced guidance nerf kind of cancels it out so you are still relatively "safe" in the gap where you are falling before you actually hit the land so make use of the new cancels a lot :eng101:

-general gameplan

Stay close to your teammate and pressure/support from the rear. Chase when you see the opportunity but don't do it too recklessly or you (and subsequently your partner) will get punished for it :kitty:

Cancel Routes

A -> AB

A -> 8B

AB -> 8B??

Useful to note the recovery of AC ends extremely quick with respect to the number of dogs that come out (3 dogs feels like you recover when the 3rd dog is out) so you are capable of "linking" inputs with 8b after AC without it being an actual cancel.

Combos

Note: -> means normal cancel, >> means boost dash cancel, > means rainbowstep cancel

[5BBB] Basic Combo

Dog Combo. Woof

[4/6BBB] Side Combo

Attacks the enemy from the side then ends in drill spin

[2BB/A] Back Combo

Chase them down then kick them with your hind legs. Optional BR air hit afterwards

Team Composition Advice

3k -

Get ready to work hard. I feel like there's two ways this matchup goes. 1) You die early, so you go in hard since you are going to overcost anyways and the 3k is forced to play back. 2) You don't die but the 3k has to do double duty since your priority is more survival. Doable but not recommended.

2.5k -

Standard team comp 1. Gives you the freedom of 1 death before overcosting your partner, but then you get 2.5 lives which is really nice.

2k -

Standard team comp 2. I feel like this comp is harder than 2.5k but with the right ally you can make it work just fine. 2ks received some pretty well-deserved buffs since vanilla but overall you might have a hard time finding openings against more turtle-y/defensive players/comps

1k -

Pros: Lives. Cons: Generally weaker and still needs to find ways to make plays while not having great/YOLO options like the higher cost mechs

Other information

I feel like Lagowe works well with both assault or blast burst. Blast burst is great for an extended pursuit due to its increase in lock range, ammo recharge speed, and its overall duration. You can chase pretty hard for a good amount of time. Assault on the other hand is great when you are in that punish situation and need to spit out some quick damage that you don't normally get in the neutral game. Pick the right burst for the team comp (are you fronting? chasing? backing? etc) and general playstyle.

Credit to http://www.pixiv.com/users/861684 for the banner image

ZWhile My time with this character is limited. I really like this suite dash attack and support attack. I'm not sure how Full boost new mechanics helps Lagow but will try to make this one my 1000ct main in full boost. Always been fan of aninimal like robots, hell in cyberbots my main is cyclone due to spider legs.

Lagowe got some general gameplay changes but I feel they make him a lot more well balanced.

I'm pretty sure they added BR > sub link which makes it easier to confirm poke > knockdown. Before you would have to do BR > dash > sub which if you were off in your confirm or laggy may make sub whiff (also if you get aerial confirms sub has some really weird tracking that doesn't even guarantee knockdown...). BR > 8B will be great for dodging since 8B > dash hold is already a great dodge.

Being able to combo more consistently off CC8B/BD8B makes dog viable in melee range without having to resort to gimmicks (ie. CC8B >> rainbow step back > shoot)

Reduced accuracy/tracking on BR is not really a problem esp if your leading in with AC dog assist call. Bigger hitbox will definitely help with random BR/subs whiffing. I'll update the main post more after I get some time to play with FB :kitty:

Some quick changes that I have found so far:

+ A cancels into sub (known)

+ A cancels into 8b (known)

+ 8b now combo-able

+ cc8b much easier to combo. Need to combo from the moment the drill connects similar to other moves with long animations (ie. Destiny shining finger)

= 8b seems to have less frames overall?

- 8b > bd severely nerfed. You no longer can get away with murder by doing 8b then boost dashing to home in on the ground and run away. 8b > boost dash still puts you in the air and you will have to fall normally. Trying to boost dash gives you the same movement/momentum as boost jumping does.

I need to record some of this stuff but I'll do that later...

Cancel Routes

known already, but thrown in for completeness

a-->ab

a-->8b

Melee Strings

5bbb

4/6bbb(1st hit floats, 2nd hit twirls, 3rd hit floats)

4/6bb8b(ground bounce)

8b(ground bounce)

cc8b(floats before last hit)

2bb-a

I've spent a lot of time with this suit back in EXVS and have started using it again in FB. Nothing has drastically changed since EXVS, minor tweaks all around.

The biggest challenge Lagowe faces is a bad red lock distance, meaning that you'll have to be pretty close by normal standards if you want to be able to hit anything. BR into sub is weaker than BRx3 and eats up ammo, I would avoid using it unless you are trying really hard to catch a landing with ammo to spare or need a faster knockdown saving some boost. It is good for interrupting a melee happening to your partner, however. BR into 8b is nice and should be used to avoid things about to hit you when you are in mid-boost and can't stop to do anything else

ac assist is really good, it will serve to replenish your boost if you are on the ground when it is done, they recharge fairly quickly and sometimes you just use it for the quick boost replenishment. You can also block very shortly after activating, something good to keep in mind. With proper spacing, the dogs can sometimes act as an oki option on something getting up from a knockdown, but don't try it and expect magic every time. bc spin is solely used as a means of a brake cancel when you don't want to use ac ammo but need a brake cancel. It is a little slower than ac but will come in handy if you need to get boost back quickly and nothing is currently tracking you. You can block immediately after it ends, which is good to keep in mind. As an actual melee it is dog shit and I wouldn't try using it.

Concerning melees, they aren't anything you should be actively attempting to hit your enemies with, other than to punish a really big opening they mistakenly leave. 4/6bb8b is my favorite if I find myself in a situation, decent movement and a good finisher too. Sometimes I will use 2bb-a since it is a nice quick melee combo as well.

Overall, Lagowe is a crafty little suit that does best sticking on it's teammate and protecting them. Lagowe's red lock is crap so it will either be staying close to it's teammate defending it or chasing down suits low on boost with ac/bc brake cancel shenanigans to keep a constant movement going and making it difficult for them to land without getting hit. A 2.5K is ideal since Lagowe will need to get close at times, and can die once before 2.5K overcost happens. A 3K would mean Lagowe would have to play extremely carefully until the 3K died once. 2K suits give Lagowe a little more room to get aggressive, but will generally be an uphill battle trying to not get out-ranged by higher cost suits the whole match. If you're stuck with another 1K, honestly Lagowe has the tools to play point as long as it's partner can cover it's ass. Lagowe has tools to chase and play aggressively but generally plays better waiting for it's teammate to get the action started, you two picking on one suit while you try to ward the 2nd enemy off of you and your teammate.

And concerning Bursts, Blast Burst is magic.

Note: One of the biggest changes was that he can rainbow brake cancel extremely well now, so rainbowstepping BC into an optional BR is actually a more effective way of refilling boost than BC itself often times (cuts guidance too).