Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

imDraxx

[FB] Sinanju General Discussion: Press SUB to do a Barrel Roll!

MSN-06S Sinanju

Pilot: Full Frontal (UC0096 Unicorn)

Durability: 620

h9S8Ef9.png

Move List:

Heavy Equipment Mode:

Sinanju's neutral mode preferring range in battle.

[A]: Beam Rifle

Standard BR.

• Damage 75 | Ammo 6.
  • 3 Seconds / 1 Ammo reload | Always reloading.

[AB]: Rocket Bazooka
    Launches a rocket while rolling to the side. Rolling varies on stick position; 4/6AB will roll to the left/right. 5AB Rolls in neutral (don't do that).
    • Damage Side AB: 89, Neutral AB: 104 | Ammo 5.
    • 7 Second / Full Ammo reload.

[AC]: Geara Zulu Assist
      Geara Zulu will appear behind Sinanju and fire one beam shot that causes knockdown.
      • Damage 110 | Ammo 1.
      • 6 Second reload.
      • Knockdown.

[bC]: Mobility Shift
        Changes between Heavy Equipment Mode & High Mobility Mode.

[ABC Super]: Barrel Beam Rolls
        Does a series of beam rifle rolls.
        • Damage 271 [Assault] 248 [blast]
        • Can change horizontal direction mid-action.

High Mobility Mode:

Sinanju's close combat mode focused towards quick entry and fast/high damage melee.

[A]: 60mm Vulcan Gun
Live ammo.

Damage 12~22 | 120 Ammo.

6 Second / Full Ammo reload.

[AB]: Asteroids

Kicks off an asteroid propelling itself or the asteroid in the specified direction.

[*]Damage 84 | 2 Ammo (4 in Awakening).

[*]5 Seconds / 1 Ammo reload | Always reloading.

[*]5AB Propels asteroid at target while Sinanju flips back.

[*]4/6AB Propels Sinanju left/right.

[*]8AB Launches Sinanju towards the target.

[*]Can rainbow step.

[AC]: Geara Zulu Assist

Geara Zulu will appear behind Sinanju and fire one beam shot that causes knockdown.

[*]Damage 110 | 1 Ammo.

[*]6 Second reload.

[*]Knockdown.

[bC]: Mobility Shift

Changes between Heavy Equipment Mode & High Mobility Mode.

[ABC Super]: Barrel Beam Rolls

Does a series of beam rifle rolls.

[*]Damage 271 [Assault] 248 [blast]

[*]Can change horizontal direction mid-action.

[*]Changes back to Heavy Equipment mode.

Cancel Route:

Global

BR -> AB

BR -> AC

AB -> AB

AC -> AB

AC -> BC

Heavy Equipment

AC -> BR (Amekyan)

BR -> BC (Slight inertia)

High Mobility

5B -> 2B -> AB

Combo list:

Note: -> means normal cancel, >> means boost dash cancel, > means rainbowstep cancel.

Heavy Equipment Form:

Updates to come later.

High Mobility Form:

5BB(3 Hits) > 5BB(3 Hits) > AC

8AB -> 5BBB > 6BB -> BC(into Heavy) -> AB

Can anybody offer some tips for the Sinanju? What cancel routes should I keep in mind? Should the Sinanju stay in mobility mode or stick with heavy if he is playing rear? From analyzing matches I see that both kick debris and barrel roll are sub weapons that are heavily used. What are his general strengths and weaknesses? Good partners I should keep in mind?

Thanks and sorry for the large amount of general questions. His thread in the forums is kinda lacking information.

Edit: Totally switched around my mode names. Fixed.

Can anybody offer some tips for the Sinanju? What cancel routes should I keep in mind? Should the Sinanju stay in mobility mode or stick with heavy if he is playing rear? From analyzing matches I see that both kick debris and barrel roll are sub weapons that are heavily used. What are his general strengths and weaknesses? Good partners I should keep in mind?

Thanks and sorry for the large amount of general questions. His thread in the forums is kinda lacking information.

Moved to the appropriate thread.

General partners: 3K preferably - his front play can be a bit lacking depending on the matchup.

In FB, both heavy and mobility modes are used more often. In Vanilla it was primarily heavy.

I honestly don't know much about mobility, but in heavy mode, anything involving 6AB is amazing and should be used. BR -> 6AB and his amekyan, AC -> BR are both really useful.

General partners: 3K preferably - his front play can be a bit lacking depending on the matchup.

In FB, both heavy and mobility modes are used more often. In Vanilla it was primarily mobility.

I honestly don't know much about heavy, but in mobility mode, anything involving 6Sub is amazing and should be used. BR -> 6AB and his amekyan, AC -> BR are both really useful.

Thanks. Yeah, those are the ones I'm currently using the most. I especially like BR -> 6AB and BR -> AC. About his partners, thats fine with me. I was actually planning to learn him as a support suit for my friend's 3K MS.

I honestly don't know much about heavy, but in mobility mode, anything involving 6Sub is amazing and should be used. BR -> 6AB and his amekyan, AC -> BR are both really useful.

I'm not sure if that notation is right. Mobility 6 sub throws rocks, and doesn't have a BR, maybe you mean heavy weapons mode? In which case yes, barrel roll rockets are pretty amazing.

Also note that if you start a melee combo in one form, form switch is a free in-between action from which you can change combos you wish to use, even without boost irc.

I should note it since it doesn't mention it, Sinanju's EX burst(ABC during EX burst) is a series of rolling beam rifle shots that have a below average down value and keep him constantly moving rolling in accordance to the direction you hold. It does a solid bit of damage but it's easy to punish given how many shots Sinanju fires, the main benefits are that in mobility mode it'll still initiate and automatically switch you to heavy weapons mode, it's start up is exactly equivalent to Sinanju's 6/8ab so it can be used in many of the same scenarios.

More Sinanju combos!

Heavy Armament Mode:

5BBB (164 Damage)

5BB-8B (185 Damage AND looks badass)

5B-2B/5BB-2B (124/164 Damage)

4/6BB (132 Damage)

4/6B-8B (132 Damage)

4/B-2B (124 Damage)

8B (147 Damage AND automatic combo)

8B-2B (142 Damage)

2B-2B (143 Damage)

BD8B (135 Damage)

High Mobility Mode:

5BBBBB (228 Damage)

5BB-2/8B (185 Damage)

5BBB-2B (225 Damage)

4/6BB (151 Damage)

4/6B-2B (131 Damage)

8BB (164 Damage)

8B-2B (131 Damage)

2BB (145 Damage)

BD8B (153 Damage)

And that's about it.

While working on translating the Sinanju wiki page, here are some interesting things I've run across that are particularly immediately clear there or here. As I'm currently WIP on this I might update this post a few times...

Heavy Weapons Mode

• All of his directional melee hits (meaning not including BDb) can cancel into 2b Char Kick. Char Kick has an individual Down value of 1.0.
  • 5bb and 4/6b can be canceled into different 8b attacks.
  • The first part of the 8b uppercut/slash combo does the same amount of Down as the 2b upper cut, both over 3 mini-hits. I'm not sure though if the 8b version does more damage. The both seem to launch the enemy the same distance.
  • The two different Subs have different damage and correction values, and 5Sub can cancel to AC while 4/6Sub cannot.
  • Also, if you cancel 5Sub using [a], it will cancel to the 4/6Sub motion, firing 3 total shots (unless of course you only have 2 ammo available).
  • You can also do this from the second cancel 5Sub→5Sub(A)→4/6Sub firing a total of four shots. So you can do BR→5Sub→5Sub(A)→4/6Sub and just launch hell at an enemy for zero boost until the 4/6Sub rotation, which is a rather small amount.
  • If you are in overheat and use 4/6Sub you will barrel roll in-place rather than right or left

High Mobility Mode

• Again, all directional melee hits can cancel into 2b Char Kick.
  • Only 5bb can cancel into 8b now (no 4/6b option).
  • All melee combos cancel into Sub at any point for a no-ammo debris kick.

Does Barrel Roll, Asteroids, or ex attack break tracking?

Barrel roll rockets do not, asteroids do, and EX cuts tracking at the start, but not during. I have the part about EX in the wiki page, I'll make sure the part about asteroids get added.