Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TransientFaith

[FB] GP02 Thread - The Time Has Come

IWrDI3X.png

[table=width: 350, class: grid, align: center]
[/tr]

NaneRX-78GP02A GUNDAM PHYSALIS
PilotAnavel Gato
Cost2500
HP680
[/table]

Move List

[A] - Vulcan
Ratatatata.
120 ammo

[AB] - Dom Tropen Summon
Summons a Dom Tropen which charges forward to slash the target. Stuns on hit
Shares ammo with 2AB

[2AB] - Xamel Summon
Summons a Xamel which shoots multiple shots at the opponent
Shares ammo with AB

[AC] - Atomic Bazooka
SHIZUMEEEEEE. The GP02 staple, causes a massive explosion upon contact
25 second reload.

[csB] - Saber Charge 
Powers up the beam sabre giving most melee moves (and 2b) increased range, damage, and armor.

Loses charge on whiff (if you finish attack animation) or hit. Can retain charge if you rainbow step melee though.
2 second charge.

[2B] - Beam Saber throw 
Throws the beam saber that explodes after traveling a certain distance.

Move uses csB charge. Despite "infinite" ammo, travel is pretty slow and the fact that it uses csB makes its use quite limited.

[bC] - Kick
Moves so smooth you'd think he's from a kung fu movie
More information below in the combo route section

[ABC during EX] - Atomic Bazooka Combo
TBD.

Core Strategy/Advice

~WIP~

-general gameplan
GP02a is kind of a special mech even as far as this game goes. He primarily a melee mech but has other oddball options like MG, nuke, and assists. From vanilla, they essentially buffed all of his options across the board in addition to bringing his cost from 2000 to 2500. At a very high level, the general gameplan for GP02a is to land nuke hits and bully people with CSb melee. Of course, this leaves out the most important aspect of this game - neutral. Even with the red lock range buff he received, you will often find yourself hard pressed to chase people down from neutral. Here are some general tips for playing the neutral game not involving nukes (that will be for a different section):

-- Poke with MG. Safe option, gives you really big advantage on block to approach. Lots of ammo, 120!!!
-- Always activate CSb. Gives you super armor on startup of slash moves (don't rely on it too much though) as well as increased melee reach/damage for when you can get those chances
-- Play footsies with your assists. I've recently started using Dom Tropen more and found he works surprisingly well in forcing the opponent to move (sometimes wastefully which gives you/your teammate a great opportunity to approach). Xamiel comes out extremely fast for decent forced movement
-- Play footsies (cont). After you activate CSb, good players will be wary of your melee giving you a chance to play a very intimidating neutral footsie game when your in red lock. Use the above methods (and nuke) to get in the zone and stay there

Cancel Routes

~WIP~

Combos

Note: -> means normal cancel, >> means boost dash cancel, > means rainbowstep cancel

Team Composition Advice

~WIP~

Other information

Concerns regarding fighting specific suits, picking assault or blast burst, and miscellaneous details go here.

I typically go with assault burst as I've seen many others do the same. You have the gimmick of multiple nuke combos, but really the speed boost to chase people down as a melee mech is what's so appealing about this burst. More damage is also always nice.

Credit to http://www.pixiv.com/users/861684 for the banner image

Oh god I love this suit so much now, the nuke startup time is amazing and it reloads hilariously fast in EX.

The changes to the nuke and assist tracking are excellent, but what really pushes this thing over the top for me is the addition of super armor frames on your melee attacks. If this thing gets close to you, you WILL take 300 damage. 680 HP also gives our nuclear friend great bulk for a 2500. This thing has all the tools to be played strictly as a melee rushdown suit, but also presents a sizable threat from midrange with its good assists and SHIZUME. great suit imo, this thing should be the bread and butter of melee oriented players

yesterday gp02 either armored or cc8bshielded through my acguy super pressure. agjkdjszjglksglgsdjl

I seriously think this unit is probably one of the most improved units from vanilla EXVS to Full Boost. It's just a really scary unit to fight against now compared to vanilla.

Any combo vids or bnb combos for this guy? I'm also a bit confused at how the super armor works once you've activated the CSb. Is it only when you're actively meleeing that it works?

Any combo vids or bnb combos for this guy? I'm also a bit confused at how the super armor works once you've activated the CSb. Is it only when you're actively meleeing that it works?

The super armor kicks in pretty much as soon as you start a melee, and lasts through the end of your active frames or until you hit an opponent, whichever happens first. If you rainbow step out of a melee before it hits an opponent, you'll retain your csB charge, and your next melee will still have super armor. As soon as you actually hit an opponent, though, your csB charge will be spent.

It would probably be good to update this thread with csB info and 2B, as well as change the "6AB" reference under the neutral AB info to "2AB".

The super armor kicks in pretty much as soon as you start a melee, and lasts through the end of your active frames or until you hit an opponent, whichever happens first. If you rainbow step out of a melee before it hits an opponent, you'll retain your csB charge, and your next melee will still have super armor. As soon as you actually hit an opponent, though, your csB charge will be spent.

It would probably be good to update this thread with csB info and 2B, as well as change the "6AB" reference under the neutral AB info to "2AB".

Just to make sure I understand. Armor when gp02 swings. Not during you dashing over to swing, right?

Also what are the properties of cc8b

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Iirc, armor kicks in when you hit the B button and ends when the move whiffs or when you hit your opponent.

CC8B has projectile shielding/absorption/etc. from the front.

Thanks. I'm just trying to not get creamed everytime he's opposing me ><

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Does 8b and BDb have super armour? (since they are not "slash" moves)

If yes then...1 interesting thing I found is that you wont loose your CsB charge no matter you hit or whiff when using those moves.

but with regards to the super armour.... say u use 6b and enter melee and got hit once (but no effect due to super armour), then you side step and 6b again.  Does your super armour resets and will still be active on ur 2nd 6b??