Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

haketh

[FB] Zudah General Discussion: 2 Fast 2 Furious

This thread is for Zudah information/discussion/questions/etc!

JP Wiki: http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/?cmd=word&word=Zudah&type=normal&page=%E3%83%85%E3%83%80

Move List

[A] - M-120A1 120mm Machine Gun
Standard Machine Gun.
Ammo count of 45, so-so tracking, large Magazine count, reloadable, reload keeps some of your momentum

[CSb] Boost Mode
Slow charge, when activated retains some momentum and restores a portion of boost. During boost you effectively have infinite ammo on MG, improved Red Lock Range, more boost meter, and move faster. You also gain access to a Kamikaze attack similar to BC, the Zudah shoots off at it's intended target with decent tracking and if it connects does major damage and you're treated as having been shot down losing 1K points, this done by doing CSb again during boost mode.

[AB] - 280mmA-P Bazooka
Fires a shell with decent tracking.
Ammo count of 3, only starts reloading after all have been used., ammo goes to full when activating CSb, some Melee attacks are cancellable into sub

[AC] - Sturm Faust
Fires two quick Grenades with good tracking, will fire both unless boost cancelled or cancelled into BC.

[bC] - Kamikaze Rush
Summons another Zudah to Kamikaze rush your target, great speed and solid tracking and you can summon two at a time and does not reload unless you burst.

Core Strategy/Advice

-general gameplan

-using assists properly

-nuances of BC

-How I learned to stop worrying and love Boost mode

Cancel Routes

- 5BB -> A
- 2B -> A/AB/AC
- 6BB -> AB
- CC8B -> A

Combos

Note: -> means normal cancel, >> means boost dash cancel, > means rainbowstep cancel

Video Section

Zudah/Gundam MKII vs Reborns/Banshee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfnZKFqku0I

Team Composition Advice

~WIP~

Other information

Concerns regarding fighting specific suits, picking assault or blast burst, and miscellaneous details go here.

Another note about CSb boost mode. When he enters it, his sub fills to 5 every time now. In vanilla, it would stay at what is was when you got out of CSb mode.

The title must be Zuda wa Ghost Fighter dewanai :P

Both MSIgloo 1000 cost suits are awesome, but Hildolfr is really overpowered, at least in EXVS it was. In the good hands it is the best 1000 suit if not the best, it is in the top3.

The title must be Zuda wa Ghost Fighter dewanai :P

Both MSIgloo 1000 cost suits are awesome, but Hildolfr is really overpowered, at least in EXVS it was. In the good hands it is the best 1000 suit if not the best, it is in the top3.

Hildolfr was the best in EXVS along with Zaku II, but it's been toned down in FB. Incidentally, Zudah is now at the top with EZ8.

Found a couple good YT channels, gonna update video section and next week if I get this job I should have my own copy of FB adn be attending NOrcal Dogfight to get a better understanding of his changes and update the OP.

Melee follow-up/cancel options:

- 5BB -> A

- 2B -> A/AB/AC

- 6BB -> AB

- CC8B -> A

The A cancels fire a bazooka that doesn't share ammo with any of Zudah's normal moves.

Other basic/important stuff:

- Zudah fires 3 round bursts from his MG, up to 15 rounds if the button is held down. It takes 3 rounds to stagger, but 17 rounds to down an opponent. This means that you should never expect an opponent to get yellowed out purely from an MG volley.

- BC can be amekyan'd with main. BC -> A.

- Main can be cancelled into AC, which can be cancelled into BC. This is important because, again, BC can be amekyan'd.

- AC causes Zudah to vernier and move backwards slightly.

- BC amekyan can be slide cancelled (somewhat advanced, but important because people are liable to get this from the AC -> BC cancel without meaning to)

- AB can be held to control its firing direction with directional inputs (the blue targeting circle can be dragged around before the shot comes out). Only the A needs to be held down.

- If the blue targeting circle for AB appears, the shot loses all tracking and will only go where the manual targeting circle was aimed. Do not hold your AB input down longer than necessary unless you want this effect.

- Blast burst is suggested for this suit, since so many of his options can cause vernier and therefore be step-cancelled. Additionally, he benefits greatly from the extended burst time and faster reloads. In blast burst, he can easily combo three bazooka shots into each other by step cancelling.

- If an enemy is killed by your suicide attack (csB while in mode) or your burst attack suicide, they are considered to have died before you. This means that you can indeed win games with his suicide moves.

Slightly more advanced stuff:

- Though you can no longer get infinite csB mode, you can re-enter csB mode without going to normal mode if you time a csB release properly as mode is ending. The idea is to release csB right as the mode change occurs. Because of the way the mode change occurs, it's possible to use a suicide csB as a mode-change csB. There are three ways to do this. 1) Shield and release. 2) Land and release. 3) Raw release. Of the three methods, only the first is relatively easy to do. Simply shield at the end of mode while having a csB charge ready, then let go of shield and csB at the same time. Since you can't exit mode until you stop blocking, you'll automatically exit mode and release csB at the same time simply by letting go of your block. The second method uses landing recovery for the same effect, and the third method simply requires that you perfectly time your csB release to match the mode change (the third method will pretty commonly cause people to accidentally start a suicide run, as a result). While this technique is useful to know about, it's unlikely that you'll have many opportunities to use it in real matches unless you completely ignore the enemy.

- As mentioned above, you can slide cancel his BC summon. I suggest referring to the general amekyan/etc. thread for more information on the various falling techniques.

Trivia(?):

- You can use the MG reload as a ghetto sort of brake cancel, but since Zudah only stays on the ground if you're mashing sidesteps, it's usually useless.

I'll add all of that to the OP, sorry I've been slacking on updatign first post. Stuff came up and I haven't been able to get the game.

Going through the wiki for a friend, what is this about a "Weakened State" and "Enhanced State"?? Nothing in any of the surrounding explanations seems to explain this...is this EX Burst Overheat mode vs CSb Overheat mode??

Also: what is the deal with the manual aim Sub? Like, in what situations would you want to use this?? Especially considering the blue lock happens quite quickly and it was said that that makes it lose all pre-aiming guidance.

The "weakened" and "enhanced state" lines you mention are just his nerfs and buffs from the previous game.

Manual aiming the sub is useful in green lock and in situations where you want a green lock effect. For example, if you think an opponent is going to fuwa your shot, or that the opponent is going to step your shot, you can manually aim it instead. If you want to yamiuchi your bazooka at an opposing back player but the front player is in red lock and not moving towards the other player, you can force the shot to go where you want with the manual targeting. Stuff like that.

I normally just open games by firing three manual aimed bazookas. If they hit, then yay, if they don't, whatever, I'll get them all back and more in a moment when I activate csB.

In any case, the blue lock is fairly situational use, but you can unexpectedly win games with it, so don't discount its usefulness.

I need to sue manual lock more often than I dpo just to get used to it more.