Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Z-0010332536893

[FB] Kshatriya Discussion: Gundam is the enemy!

Unit: NZ-666 Kshatriya

HP: 600

Pilot: Marida (Best Girl) Cruz

JP Wiki: http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/pages/84.html

Moveset

[A] Beam Gun

Standard BR

Ammo: 8

Dmg: 80

[A(2)] Rear-Binder Mega Particle Cannon

Fires two shots. Ammo shared with A (Consumes 1). Out of angle only.

Dmg: 110 (55 x 2)

[CSa] Torso Mega Particle Cannon (Scattered)

Stuns on hit.

Dmg: 150

[nAB] Funnel (All-Range Attack)

Deploys funnels for an all-range attack. Stuns on 3rd hit.

Ammo: 3

Dmg: 133

[4/6AB] Funnel (Vertical Beam)

Deploys funnels in a vertical stacking. Stuns on contact. Fires to the right or left of the target, depending on input. No longer friendly fires.

[8AB] Funnel (Horizontal Beam)

Deploys funnels in a horizontal stacking. Stuns on contact. Leading shot.

Dmg: 120

[2AB] Funnel (Curtain)

Deploys 6 funnels which travel a short distance to place a small beam curtain between Kshatriya and the target. Stuns on contact.

Dmg: ~57

[AC] Torso Mega Particle Cannon (Gerobi)

Standard Gerobi. Was previously assigned to CSa.

Ammo: 1

Dmg: 235

[bC] Sub-Arm Capture

Captures target with binder's sub-arms. Cancel Routes available.

[ABC] Funnel (Salvo)

Funnels surround Kshatriya and discharge simultaneously. If the majority of the funnels have been deployed, then the number of funnels surrounding Kshatriya decreases.

This suit is the cheap stuff now. SideAB doesn't hit teammates anymore which means she can spam this like crazy. She can also cancel into main from sub(sa-me-kan, sub-main-cancel), which now happens to be one of her key moves. Basically, she can comfortably fight in green lock range.

The unit is very floaty, so step > samekan at a high altitude will take you far places. That's her escape plan. It is not uncommon to chain 2 or 3 step > samekans to unload your sub ammo within an instant.

Puru too stronk

excited as fuck for glorious funnel walls. glad she actually has some good defensive capabilities with inertia carrying cancels. 5ab is worse than before though(in terms of tracking/muzzle correction) so its mostly about 6ab/8ab i suppose, but iirc some inertia tricks only work with 5ab/2ab. 2ab seems interesting for certain situations/confirms. funnels reload in 6 seconds instead of 9, too.

also, BC charges much further/faster than it did before, so A->BC seems pretty legit.

Since Bamco hates my old main of Qubeley, I guess I'll be using this more often since it's no longer a friendly-fire happy machine.

Got 3 stars with her now, hoorah.

What's the deal with CSA? Is it any good? I've used it a handful of times just when i'm like "why not" and I don't understand the spread pattern. Sometimes i seems very focussed and won't spread out even over a distance and sometimes it erupts from her with a really open spread.

What's the deal with CSA? Is it any good? I've used it a handful of times just when i'm like "why not" and I don't understand the spread pattern. Sometimes i seems very focussed and won't spread out even over a distance and sometimes it erupts from her with a really open spread.

The scattering pattern is random, like it was in EXVS. It's basically identical to the previous version with the exception of being assigned to CSa and not ac. My frequency in using the scatter shot has decreased since the gerobi was re-assigned to ac. The gero was also buffed in start-up speed (if I've noticed correctly), so it's something that's more worth using.

I do tend to use CSa when I see an opponent trying to rush and I have some reason to save ac or a. It dissipates a bit before reaching green-lock range, so it's better suited on targets rushing you that are making a landing; however, the same usage condition can be applied to ac, and you can see why a gero is more preferred for punishment than a stunshot. Regardless, CSa can be used for something to fill the air and keep opponents moving (and save you a shot of a or ab) in case the battle ends up close to you.

Overall, I don't spam CSa and my use of it is situational to the two events I described above. I would say it's ability to hit isn't the most reliable but it does become useful in the off-chance your partner is somehow caught in a corner or double-locked and being melee'd by two units. (These last two situations are a bit more common in EXVS, but that doesn't mean it's impossible in FB.)

Hm, I see. Thanks. I don't think I'll find much use for it but we'll see.

Also the amekyan is great. Was just informed of it today and it's quite useful.

Is there even a good use for 2AB? It always attempts to set up in front of the enemy but the startup is so bad there's no way it'll actually hit anyone coming after you.

Yeah, thinking the same thing. Unless you do it really pre-emptively and someone runs into it in front of you, I don't see the use.

2AB may be more useful when done at higher altitudes. Like when you do 2AB-A during a runaway boost hop. It seems more useful during that in videos.

2AB may be more useful when done at higher altitudes. Like when you do 2AB-A during a runaway boost hop. It seems more useful during that in videos.

This. 2ab really only interferes with an opponent that's flying beneath you. That's been my best experience with it so far.

2AB can be strong as an oki option if you are well-positioned. Drop it between you and them as they're waking up, and then move away AND to a side. If you get lucky they'll attempt to 4/6B you opposite the side you moved (this becomes easier to trick them into if there are buildings or other factors to help you make a read on how he will move when waking up. Sometimes you just get lucky. If you're in a situation where you KNOW the enemy is going to come at you, it's generally always your best option for sub. Once I dropped it randomly between 2 buildings when I saw deathscythe activate. He put on hyper jammer and flew right into it, i hit him with backshot main for the win.

Necroing this thread I guess, but since I'm trying to finish up translating her wiki page with adn, I saw the question about 2Sub. According to the JP wiki the value of 2Sub isn't in its offensive capabilities but in the fact that it carries a lot more reverse-direction momentum than 5Sub and so is a really strong retreat and mobility tool with samekyan.

Oki, dropping it when you ascend to try to catch people waiting underneath you, and varying your landings with the sub amekyan between 5ab and 2ab.  Thats basically the majority of the use.  2ab has more of a delay before you start moving when you cancel I think wheras 5ab is relatively seamless.

If you're a god you can 2ab people's approaches and I've tagged zero systems that way but its still not something I'd reccommend over fences.  Especially since its a trick that wont work more than once or twice.  This is mostly because they only go a fairly short distance before deploying.

I don't understand how to use this suit at all, it's big and slow and I'm getting wrecked with it.

What is samekyan?

"samekyan" is the romanized Japanese shorthand for Sub→Main Cancel. When you use Kshatriya's funnels they typically vernier (stop you in midair), but immediately inputting Main (beam rifle) will put you in a freefall state.

Despite its size, as GM Custom pointed out up top, Kshatriya is actually one of the "float-ier" units in the game, and a lot of that "floatiness" and its mobility come from fuwasteps and various side-step/back-step samekyans that make its landings difficult to predict and punish.

I have no idea if you've checked out her wiki page, but if not, I wrote a decent amount about the applications of her various Funnel arrangements and samekyan there (as well as the general gameplay tactics and some self-defense notes).