Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dakanya

[FB] Heavyarms Kai (Endless Waltz)

Heavyarms Kai (EW)

JP Wiki: http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/pages/51.html

Move List

[A] - Double Gatling

Fires the machine gun, can be held down to shoot up to 30 bullets. Takes 10 to stun, 14 to down.

Missiles can be fired simultaneously while shooting the MG for extra damage.

[noparse][/noparse] - Micro-missiles

Shoots missiles, can be held to shoot up to 4 with a single input.

Inputting B while doing A, CSb, BC, 4/6BC, and 2B lets you shoot extra missiles.

Can do a furimuki rakka/free fall cancel by inputting A while backturned.

[CSb] - Homing missiles

Fires a volley of missiles, inputting a direction will change the spread and guidance.

[AB] - All-out attack

5AB: Stands in place and literally fires everything he has.

4/6AB: Fires a volley of missiles and bullets.

2AB: One-man firework show.

Flips backwards, fires two missiles (best guidance!) and a burst of bullets (36 bullets)

Cancel early to conserve MG ammo, let it rip to force an early reload.

[AC] - Gundam Sand Rock

Sand Rock comes out and attacks three times with his swords.

Slow to come out so will lose if their melee is already out.

Has lots of projectile armor so can be great for covering your landing.

[8B] - Forward Kick

Flips forward and does a flying kick. Also referred to as a scissor kick or a head stomp.

Does not cut guidance anymore but landing with it still gives a 'green' landing even if done in overheat.

[2B] - Grab

Lunges forward, grabs and lifts up with his machine gun arms, and unleashes everything.

[bC~C] - Somersault to the Moon

Somersaults straight up and falls back down.

Cuts guidance on startup, the timing of the fall can be manually controlled by inputting C.

Cannot be done without boost, inputting 8 or 2 will change the way you are facing.

Fast fall boost recovery landing technique: 2BC~C>B~A

[4/6BC] - Cartwheel

Does a cartwheel to the side while facing your target.

Missile/MG input are both possible but inputting MG will cause you to fall.

[ABC] - Bullet Circus

Somersaults to the sky > does a scissor kick > 2AB

Cancel Routes

A → any AB, AC, any BC

B → A

2AB → 2B

8B → any AB, any BC

5BC → any AB

4/6BC → A, any AB, 8B, 2B, any BC

CSb → 8B, 2B, any AB, any BC, AC

Full Boost Changes

• Main ammo reduced from 160 to 120
  • 8B no longer cuts guidance, startup increased by a bit
  • New move: 4/6BC - Cartwheel
  • CSb charge time increased from 1s to 2s
  • CSb is now cancelable into 8B
  • MG downs in 14 bullets instead of 30 now

I find his machinegun should be used to keep people moving. Otherwise use it while moving forward.

Timing sandrock assist to block for you is nice.

If an enemy is close enough sandrock will adjust and hit them.

8B should be used always to land quickly.

I stumbled across this vid on youtube just now. I'm not really a heavyarms player a) because I'm not big on MG suits, but moreso b) because I openly admit I do not know how to move effectively with him. This is a long vid that shows a LOT of movement and general techniques:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXEZjdN2kqI

It's still pretty relevant, but IIRC his 8B got nerfed so some of those shenanigans might not be possible, or at least not as viable anymore :(

It's still pretty relevant, but IIRC his 8B got nerfed so some of those shenanigans might not be possible, or at least not as viable anymore :(

Did 8B get nerfed again recently and I didn't see it?? I know it got nerfed pretty hard after a tournament last year where a lot of people abused it, but the video is dated as being from March of this year.

My bad you two, thought from the HUD it was EXVS lol, just glanced at the first 10s.

But good find though, I really wish I knew Japanese and could find these high level vids for other suits :(

I'm pretty sure the video goes over nerfs post-dogfight patch.  Instead of Heavyarms being an A tier suit thats S tier in great hands, its now a B tier suit thats merely Low A/high B in good hands.

Everyone agreed he probably wasn't the go-to suit to nerf to the ground after premium dogfight.  A few quality of life nerfs might have been rational, but not crippling 8b AND csb charge(which cancels into 8b so thats important)

I always wonder about this balance decision, comparatively easy suits like kshatryia and hamrabi stayed absurd and well represented.  Then also Zeong stays top dog of 2k's.  But the few heavyarms come out of the woodwork and BAM.  It's a shame such a technical suit had to get the bat.

>Some shenanigans might not be possible

Should really actually watch the video before making blanket statements about it: /

In case you guys haven't actually watched the video, it discusses the current Full Boost version of heavyarms - it's quite up to date, covers ALL of the changes, explains pretty much everything you need to know about technical heavyarms play, cancel routes, neutral game, etc. The CSb nerf is honestly worse than the 8b nerf, as heavyarms has plenty of other ways to remain elusive in the heat of a close-ranged exchange, but the CSb charge time really affects it's ability to remain relevant in a fight outside of that range.

I feel heavyarms is a guy that wants to put stuff on screen. That long csB just feels like an eternity

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

What would be heavy arms best option to cut suits?

I prefer to Boost forward A  if you are close.

I tend to have issues with this myself. My best advice would be watch that video above, get the hang of what tracking you get with missiles and rush in while getting on the best angle possible to cut.

I watched like the first 5 minutes of it, wasn't able to watch all of it so I guess I'll take a look at it some more when I get the chance cause there was a lot of things about Heavy arms I didn't know could do.

There's been a couple of posts relating to strong heavyarms play in the aBc Facebook group in the past week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Caq5jDSw4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sirgbVymuwM

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24119302

The video I linked is indeed really long in that it's a lot of stopping and explanation of stuff. For just raw combat and seeing what players do for cutting/pressuring, ^those videos are probably better