Setsuna Yuki

[MB] The Maxi Boost General Discussion Thread

And info about how 3k God is would be much appreciated.

Went again yesterday for like an hour. Got bodied by the secret netplay lords in Taiwan that teamed up, so couldn't really figure out if there were any changes for God Gundam.

I just got zoned out to death :(

Maybe he has something new from his melee, but everything else felt the same.

Oh. RX-78 has his old Charge shot back from GvGNext

goodbye useless grenade

Went again yesterday for like an hour. Got bodied by the secret netplay lords in Taiwan that teamed up, so couldn't really figure out if there were any changes for God Gundam.

I just got zoned out to death :(

Maybe he has something new from his melee, but everything else felt the same.

Oh. RX-78 has his old Charge shot back from GvGNext

goodbye useless grenade

Pretty curious if they just gave God his Next tools back, too. Those would be his God Finger extension by double-tapping forward at the end of the move, and his Sekiha Tenkyo God Finger.

Trying to remember if he really had anything else notable back then, but I don't really think so. Maybe they gave him back his boostless God Slash melee cancel? Haha.

Oh I just remembered something. I remembered I rainbow stepped out of God Finger *whiff* by accident, I was pretty sure that move had to be boost cancelable or am I just remembering the wrong game

You're remembering Next, haha. God Finger rainbow step is a pretty common approach.

I can't wait to play Shining Gundam again, was very disappointed that he wasn't at the loketest

So we can ride Fuunsaiki in maxi. Nice!

Also finally able to see the METEOR being equipped as a timed power up.

Edit:

At 2:17 you can see METEOR on 3-A EX and Dendrobium on 4-B.

Also the Vagan Gear SID is one the very first thing you'll fight when playing arcade route. That thing is on 1-C.

Edited by Hakko

New Maxi Boost PV:

I tried to list everything new from this PV :

- Junk Guild and Serpent Tail's themes are in

- Duel AS can armor purge

- God can ride Fuunsaiki

- Cherudim has Seravee assist

- Doing Burst Attack doesn't consume your EX and Boost gauges (at least, in S-Drive)

- New bosses : METEOR, Dendrobium Orchis and a new pack for Extreme Gundam

- Strike has Moebius Zero assist

- EXA has a new opening

- Hathaway's Flash has an opening

Concerned about overdrive, seems stupid and unnecessary, although some of the cancels are cool. Also concerned that duel armor purge replaces AC/BC, which would be a gimmicky downgrade for the mech. hopefully its just a csB.

Everything else is pretty sweet.

Do we know the HP standard for overdrive? If its based on a % of health, it would favor 3ks a lot since they would have more HP to fight while having ridiculous buffs. If it is based on a raw number of health like 200 or whatever, that would favor 1.5ks since they would get to it quicker. Or, they may have the % vary based on the cost class...

Edited by Mightfo

I tried to list everything new from this PV :

- Cherudim has Seravee assist

- New bosses : METEOR, Dendrobium Orchis and a new pack for Extreme Gundam

Doesn't Cherudim already have Seravee as an assist in EXVS/FB? As for the new bosses: are they ripped straight from the Next+ version (i.e. Strike Freedom w/METEOR) or completely new?

Cheridum has no assists in Vanilla or FB, unless you count his burst attack.

Do we know the HP standard for overdrive? If its based on a % of health, it would favor 3ks a lot since they would have more HP to fight while having ridiculous buffs. If it is based on a raw number of health like 200 or whatever, that would favor 1.5ks since they would get to it quicker. Or, they may have the % vary based on the cost class...

I would imagine that they would opt for a % activation, which varies by cost class. It wouldn't require as much consideration and programming that a raw number could lead to.

Maxi boost site updated with the section for MS, stage and other stuffs.

Edit:

BiApDdKCMAENhKT.jpg

BiA1aq4CQAAVYEG.jpg

Dark Sthesia piloting the new Extreme boss.

Edited by Hakko

OP updated.

Also...

Got confirmations PRIDE, RE: I AM and Kimi no naka no eiyuu will get your videos blocked worldwide. Thanks, Bamco :)

Edited by Setsuna Yuki

Seeing all the Health buffs are crazy. I'm sad the red frame player didn't do anything spectacular. Brave flag looks awesome.

"Back to Paradise" from 0083 and "00 Gundam" from 00 are also in, musically. It's funny how what we know so far closely mirrors my own bgm project for Full Boost. Here's hoping that whenever Maxi Boost comes to console they expand on the custom music feature a bit though, there are some smart fixes for its limitations.

While the game still feels a bit strange to look at what with 1500 cost, HP buffs, general cost changes and the overdrive system, I gotta say I'm liking what they did to Side 7. Also, GP02's "Sieg Zeon!" is too hype.

Now to go debate if I'll extend all the music I missed for MB...

Looks like Overdrive happens at 250 HP for every class. Lasts about 18 seconds..?

Also, I wonder if they've changed zeta a lot to make up for the fact that its old moveset would not benefit from overdrive's massive ammo regen buff and universal A-A chaining.

Edited by Mightfo