Setsuna Yuki

[MB] The Maxi Boost General Discussion Thread

jesus christ all the mashing

reminds me of how bursts in vanilla EXVS were really guaranteed forced damage, overdrive brings that back to a different level

i wish i knew why they felt like designing it that way

Edited by Mightfo

So basically S-Drive is like the Rush awakening in RvZII but with crazier beam spamming :v:

glad duel AS still has commandable buster. it looks like buster's fire cooldowns during that are shorter, but i dont really like how they merged in his gerobi assists with that. it was really nice how gerobi/shotgun assist was separate since while BC was down you could still have some useful assists to help control space and save ammo, but now you purely need to take advantage of that in your limited time with buster up, and the gerobis take a lot of time out of that. why couldn't they just make the armor purge gimmick a csB :<

also i am really worried about certain mechs like alex because i doubt they will benefit from overdrive's powerups as much as other mechs would. balance problems ahoy

liking several of the new mechs tho and i am hoping that the M.E.T.E.O.R. equips etc end up decently designed since those are potentially a worthwhile addition

Edited by Mightfo

I like what they did to Duel. It seems Buster reload time is fast so it's good but I also wish they added armor purge as CSb like FAZZ. Alex as 1500 and F Drive seems a little scary lol

Meteor only docks for about 10 seconds. It seems your boost gauge doesn't refill if it's empty so I don't know. But you have opportunities to shoot Full Burst 2 times at least.

Also, Gundam EXA Opening Movie : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slNCWNLYWw8

I like what they did to Duel. It seems Buster reload time is fast so it's good but I also wish they added armor purge as CSb like FAZZ. Alex as 1500 and F Drive seems a little scary lol

Meteor only docks for about 10 seconds. It seems your boost gauge doesn't refill if it's empty so I don't know. But you have opportunities to shoot Full Burst 2 times at least.

The reload time for buster seems the exact same(10s reload+8s cooldown), but it seems like it lasts a second or two longer. Not sure.

meteor's movement looks unlimited but really slow so i wonder if some mechs just beat it up for free. i'd really like to see it designed well but i dont get it yet.

i'm pretty interested in the details of f-drive's buffs

They...they took away GP02's superarmor, the one thing that made it truly terrifying?

MupmsQI.gif

Way to gut my favorite unit, Bamco.

They...they took away GP02's superarmor, the one thing that made it truly terrifying?

Way to gut my favorite unit, Bamco.

if you rely on gp02 super armor to do decently with gp02, you are probably terrible with gp02

the frames on the super armor arent even reliable. sometimes 6b will kick in for anti-melee but the window does not seem very large. generally what matters is that his 6b is very good in speed/priority. cc8b's super armor before the autoguard is convenient but oh well. the rest of his buffs mattered much more unless you're just playing with newbies.

also melee and general footsies may be significantly different due to system changes anyway, you have no idea how necessary or unnecessary that nerf was in the context of MB. don't whine about small nerfs to strong units in a game that hasn't even developed yet. "gutted" my ass.

Edited by Mightfo

Wow, I totally asked you to berate me every time I post.

Thank god this forum has an ignore feature.

[Attack Modification] During permanent 00 Raiser, bc: 00 Gundam -> GN Sword II (Beam Saber)

This translation is off (or just badly worded?). The perma-raiser BC is the same as trans-am raiser BC.

MS-06S Char's Custom Zaku II (Pilot: Char Aznable) [Cost: 2000]

bc: Three Times Faster

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah.

--------------

OZ-00MS2B Tallgeese III

[Ammo Change + Attack Modification] Taurus Assist (bc): 3 -> 2, now reloads

[Cancel Route] Megacannon Triple Shot (CSa) -> Downwards Super Vernier (2b)

I'm liking this change and hope it sticks. this increases mobility and allows him better defense against melee pressure with the assist

---------------

RX-78NT-1 Gundam Alex

[General] Chobham Armor's HP increased from 100 to 120

Definitely a good thing.

----------------------

MS-06Fz Zaku II Kai

[Attack Modification] Grenade Throw (ab) now reloads naturally overtime instead of only reloading when empty

[Attack Modification] During EX Burst, Grenade Throw (ab) throws out six missiles instead of two [as this right? in FB EX burst Grenade throws out Three...]

[General] Cannot use 8ab anymore (throw grenades to longer ranges)

Ammo management on Grenades is fair. cant just spam. 6 on grenades on toss in Burst sounds fun. But this means he wants Ranged burst for reload time?

I'm actually ok with the 8AB being removed. less to remember on range. at least we still have 2AB

--------------------

GN-006GNHW/R Cherudim Gundam GNHW/R

[New Attack/Attack Moved] ab: GN Missiles -> Seravee Gundam Assist (2 variations: n is GN Cannon (Gerobi), 8/4/6/2 is GN Bazooka II Triple Shot); GN Missiles moved to CSa

[Cancel Route] Seravee Gundam Assist (ab) -> GN Rifle Bits (ac)

[General] During S-Overdrive, GN Sniper Rifle II (a) has 5 ammo and reloads constantly

Missiles being csA sounds good. more moves for him is good.

Getting a constant reload during Burst sounds great actually.

Edited by Densuo

The drive descriptions are so scary. Guard crushing on certain units would make me shit my pants, I want to see how that works. What does burst do now that drive does most of what blast and assault did in FB?

The game after this should be Gundam vs. Macross, who's with me? Could make for some really interesting match-ups.

I wonder when they're going to start adding SD Gundams to pad out the roster.