Setsuna Yuki

[MB] The Maxi Boost General Discussion Thread

So...question of opinion for everyone here: I know from the cover art update Shining Gundam is expected to make a return; do you guys think more G suits may come out for this installment? I know this being Bandai it's silly to not think that the suits that get brought in either a) already market and sell well in Gunpla or other media, or b) are units Bandai would maybe LIKE to bring more marketing value out of, and characters from G other than what is already present maybe aren't high on those lists in Japan, but...I don't know. G Gundam isn't like my favorite series, but given the genre of the game it just seems like a missed opportunity to me that suits like Maxter, Rose, Bolt haven't been in a game since GBA2 with the potential that is there.

And then I look at the character list and see how much SEED is in the game -_-

Edited by akai_GO

So...question of opinion for everyone here: I know from the cover art update Shining Gundam is expected to make a return; do you guys think more G suits may come out for this installment? I know this being Bandai it's silly to not think that the suits that get brought in either a) already market and sell well in Gunpla or other media, or b) are units Bandai would maybe LIKE to bring more marketing value out of, and characters from G other than what is already present maybe aren't high on those lists in Japan, but...I don't know. G Gundam isn't like my favorite series, but given the genre of the game it just seems like a missed opportunity to me that suits like Maxter, Rose, Bolt haven't been in a game since GBA2 with the potential that is there.

And then I look at the character list and see how much SEED is in the game -_-

When's Gundam Maxter? I dont give a damn how much of an american stereotype it is I will play the hell out of it.

CURRENT TIER LIST AS OF 3/27/14 (Source: http://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/subject.cgi/game/56800/)

----
S: Sinanju > Quanta, Master, X-1 Full Cloth > Wing Zero (TV), 00
A: God, Reborns > Strike Freedom, Destiny, Turn A > Wing Zero Custom, Turn X, Extreme Leos-II, Xi
B: Sazabi, Unicorn, Hi-Nu > Ex-S
C: Epyon, FA-ZZ, DX, Nu, Penelope, V2

----
S: Banshee, The O > GP02, Zeong, X Divider > Susanoo, TG3, Hyperion
A: X-1, AGE-2, SUMO, Deathscythe Hell, Extreme Xenon, Avalanche Exia > Providence, Strike Noir, Infinite Justice, Zeta, ZZ, Spiegel, Extreme Eclipse, Impulse, Arios
B: Freedom, Virsago CB, Hyaku Shiki, Arche, Brave, Perfect Strike > Qubeley, Cherudim, Heavyarms Kai, Gottrlatan
C: Red Frame Kai, Raphael, GP03, X3, Extreme Aios, Legend

----
A: Hambrabi, Kshatriya > Gyan, Rozen Zulu
B: Gunner Zaku, Forbidden, Blue Frame > Delta Plus, Gundam Mk-II, Messala
C: Exia, Stargazer, Dragon, Gerbera Tetra, F91, Blue Destiny Unit-1, Throne Drei, RX-78-2 (w/ G-Armor), X-2, Black Qubeley, Red Frame, Gold Frame, RX-78-2, AGE-1, Gaia, Dynames, Gelgoog
D: Strike, Kapool, Char's Zaku-II, GP01

----
S: Berga Giros
A: Ez8 > Duel, Alex > LaGOWE, Zudah, Zaku, Victory, Hildolfr
B: GunEZ, Red Quebeley, Gouf, Efreet Kai, Acguy, Zaku III

Mildly sad about the tier lists because it seems to support the same sort of teams EXVS did. I can't be too mad but it is somewhat frustrating to see the return of D-tier suits and 2ks being mostly C-tier.

Hey...at least Wing Zero TV isn't the best 3k anymore!

That's a good thing, right?

Zeong seems like it'll be good no matter what cost they decide to put it in. Epyon really needs something to make it better. Sad to see V2 and Penelope so low...

Return of S-Tier FC.

That's a good thing, right?

Zeong seems like it'll be good no matter what cost they decide to put it in. Epyon really needs something to make it better. Sad to see V2 and Penelope so low...

I would rather more fundamentals-centric mechs like WZTV and reborns be S/S+ than fullcloth/master/qanta. :1

As for Zeong, i suspect the point of them putting Zeong and Heavyarms in 2.5k was so that they could keep certain skills(1 second heavyarms csB) without being overpowered. Although, so far that hasn't worked for Zeong.

Anyway, full boost arcade version tiers changed pretty drastically over time due to patches etc, so there's not really a lot of point to console players being particularly concerned about balance in early versions of maxi boost.

No, top tier fullcloth and quanta are not fun, I've played vanilla.  Wing zero TV is much more bearable since he's still a suit that requires fundamental knowledge of the game,  giving the yolo melee player who will never learn the game more reach is bad.

As for Zeong, i suspect the point of them putting Zeong and Heavyarms in 2.5k was so that they could keep certain skills(1 second heavyarms csB) without being overpowered. Although, so far that hasn't worked for Zeong.

Non vernier csA will always be silly.

Latest Tier List (Source)

S : Sinanju > 00 Qan[T], Master, X1 Full Cloth > Wing Zero, 00, God

A : Reborns, Strike Freedom > Destiny, Turn A > Turn X, Wing Zero (EW), Xi, Sazabi, Unicorn

B : Extreme Valiant Surface, Hi-Nu > Ex-S

C : DX, Penelope, Epyon, Nu, V2, Full Armor ZZ

S : Banshee, The O > GP02A, Zeong, X Divider > Susanoo, Tallgeese III, Hyperion

A : X1 Kai, AGE-2, Gold Sumo, Deathscythe Hell (EW), Extreme Xenon-F, Avalanche Exia > Infinite Justice, Providence, Strike Noir, Zeta, ZZ, Extreme Eclipse-F, Impulse, Arios

B : Brave Commander Type, Spiegel, Freedom, Virsago Chest Break, Hyaku Shiki, Arche, Raphael, Perfect Strike, Cherudim > Qubeley, Heavyarms Kai (EW), Gottrlatan

C : Red Frame Kai, X3, Extreme Aios-F, GP03, Legend

A : Hambrabi, Kshatriya > Gyan, Rozen Zulu, Messala, Gunner Zaku Warrior, Forbidden, Blue Frame > Delta Plus, Gundam Mk-II

B : Dragon, Gerbera Tetra, F91, Exia, X2 Kai, Dynames, Gold Frame, Blue Destiny-1, Qubeley Mk-II, Red Frame, Stargazer, G-Mecha, Char's Gelgoog, Gundam, AGE-1, GP01Fb, Gaia

C : Strike, Kapools, Char's Zaku

S : Berga Giros

A : Ez8 > Duel Assault Shroud, Alex > LaGOWE, Zudah, Zaku Kai, Victory, Hildolfr, Gouf Custom

B : Gun-EZ, Qubeley Mk-II, Efreet Kai, Acguy, Zaku III Kai

I highlighted the changes.

They got health buff of course. Most 1.5k units are now have 500HP.

Efreet Kai has 540 HP, Zudah has 480HP, Gouf Custom has 450HP and IIRC Alex also has less than 500HP.

They got health buff of course. Most 1.5k units are now have 500HP.

Efreet Kai has 540 HP, Zudah has 480HP, Gouf Custom has 450HP and IIRC Alex also has less than 500HP.

Ah I see. Thank you :D

so sinanju get cost-up and suddenly become the best 3k suit? gimme a break....

More like they removed his form swapping gimmick so he's good at everything at all times now... :vbang:

so sinanju get cost-up and suddenly become the best 3k suit? gimme a break....

More like they removed his form swapping gimmick so he's good at everything at all times now... :vbang:

Yeah, he already has great mobility in his 2500 version. Taking his best melee abilities from Hi-speed mode and just giving them to weapons system mode without requiring a stance change, and the inevitable health, speed, and damage buffs he must of received in the upgrade? That's a formula for a very potent machine. I can't say I'm really surprised to see him ranked that highly right now. But every super powerful machine seems to see the nerf bat at some point during its Arcade run.

Yeah, he already has great mobility in his 2500 version. Taking his best melee abilities from Hi-speed mode and just giving them to weapons system mode without requiring a stance change, and the inevitable health, speed, and damage buffs he must of received in the upgrade? That's a formula for a very potent machine. I can't say I'm really surprised to see him ranked that highly right now. But every super powerful machine seems to see the nerf bat at some point during its Arcade run.

Because that worked for Qant....right? Right? :sweatdrop:

So it seems that you can step your shots in awakening even when you don't have S Drive activated.

Shown here at around 2:11 where Ez-8 steps his main in cannon mode.

Also shown here at 6:06. The Hyaku Shiki player does CSa then quickly fuwasteps out of it. Then he does something similar where he does an off-angled shot and fuwasteps out of that into a melee.

Seems pretty interesting; you don't even need to be in S Drive to step your shots. I'm guessing you can only step certain moves in activate whereas in S Drive you can cancel or step whatever you want.