Setsuna Yuki

[MB] The Maxi Boost General Discussion Thread

So it seems that you can step your shots in awakening even when you don't have S Drive activated.

Shown here at around 2:11 where Ez-8 steps his main in cannon mode.

Also shown here at 6:06. The Hyaku Shiki player does CSa then quickly fuwasteps out of it. Then he does something similar where he does an off-angled shot and fuwasteps out of that into a melee.

Seems pretty interesting; you don't even need to be in S Drive to step your shots. I'm guessing you can only step certain moves in activate whereas in S Drive you can cancel or step whatever you want.

That's related to the old BLAST burst system. Anything with vernier effects will let you sidestep shots. New burst mechanics are somewhere inbetween assault and blast, keeping both of their best features.

That's related to the old BLAST burst system. Anything with vernier effects will let you sidestep shots. New burst mechanics are somewhere inbetween assault and blast, keeping both of their best features.

Yes, I'm aware of how Blast Burst works. I just didn't know about what they did to the burst system in Maxi Boost. Anyways, thanks for clarifying.

so is that Lockin Stratos 3k gonna be the first 3k back?

Ex-S

Would V2 not qualify for this also??

What...? No V2 doesn't back in most compositions.

Man, and I was wrong about thinking hi-nu was a back suit...my idea of what defines a back role is just being shattered here XD

Edit: I guess for clarity I should say I guess I'm thinking in terms of 3k/3k with this. I realize that in 3k/2.5k 3k/2k the 3k suit is usually going to control the front space. But given that I've just never really tried to use V2 or Ex-S in online situations because from their armaments they just seemed like back suits and my partner tends to play 2.5k/2k more compared to my 3k play. The only reason I wound up using hi-nu in online play before realizing he was suitable for front play was just because I was good with him from the amount of play I did with him in EXVS.

Man, and I was wrong about thinking hi-nu was a back suit...my idea of what defines a back role is just being shattered here XD

Edit: I guess for clarity I should say I guess I'm thinking in terms of 3k/3k with this. I realize that in 3k/2.5k 3k/2k the 3k suit is usually going to control the front space. But given that I've just never really tried to use V2 or Ex-S in online situations because from their armaments they just seemed like back suits and my partner tends to play 2.5k/2k more compared to my 3k play. The only reason I wound up using hi-nu in online play before realizing he was suitable for front play was just because I was good with him from the amount of play I did with him in EXVS.

Nah Hi Nu is most definitely a front. A Solid BR, a Solid Bazooka. Funnels to force action, a very good Boost Dash Melee, Psychoframe giving you a reload of Funnels + added sspeed + funnels fire twice. No way is he a back. He can if forced to do so, but he's a shot caller.

3k-3k is not a valid composition in hold play and in terms of dedicated backs, V2 plays a much stronger front than a rear due to he can start strong in V2AB mode whenever he wants whereas say, Unicorn has to wait for NTD to build up to be a dominant presence. He'll back to Qanta or something with a ranged disadvantage but...simply put, stop thinking of 3ks in terms of 3k-3k compositional security. If you see a 3k 3k team in a non-shuffle scenario, it's either for funsies, it was an accident or someone on team doesn't really understand how to team build properly.

Best trailer

a - GN Pistol Bits (Standard br)

CSa - GN Sniper Rifle

MCSa - Beam Pistol Volley

b - GN Pistol Bits (6 bit deployment; 4 known formations)

ab - GN Missiles (Volley covers almost as much area as Ex-S' sub; gives a lifting effect)

ac - GN Rifle Bits (Full deployment; 2 formations shown)

bc - GN Holster Bits (Functionally identical to Cherudim's bc; automatically deactivates when ac is used)

That beam spam be ridiculious. He looks fun though but I'm still not in favor of maxi's boost's drive systems right now.

Frankly, I don't see the problem in an MS with "beam spam." It may get annoying, but the tracking on each of these shots doesn't seem to make the volume any more frustrating than Xi or GP03's "missile spam." Basically, it only seems overwhelming if you play carelessly. :/

So...over/under that next month with the final Unicorn episode getting released Full Armor makes its debut, similar to how Banshee and Rozen Zulu were released alongside previous episodes in FB Arcade?? I've been suspecting this for a little while now, but I don't think I expect it to get released as PS3 DLC also...

One day I'll figure out how the new subsystems/EX overdrive works... In the meantime, hey free BRs!

First Zabanya vid:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23296475

Movelist:
Main : GN Pistol Bit - Normal BR
-Off Angle Main : Shoots two BR on both hands. During S Drive, you can do : Off Angle Main --> Main to get free fall.
-Cancel into all other inputs (Melee, Sub, AC, BC)
CSa : GN Rifle Bit II - Dynames's CS, but it bends more now.
- Cancel into melee
- CS -> Melee -> Main cancel process for free fall
Multi CSa : GN Pistol Bit - Similar like Noir's Multi CSa, fires rapid shots of beam to both targets.
- Inputting melee will cancel the multi lock.
Melee : GN Pistol Bit. Have variations on all directions
- Neutral : Makes them standby near your suit. Just like Cherudim or SF's AC, however it fires along with your Main not standalone.
- 8 : Arrange them into * shape and place them in front of your suit, then fire
- 2 : Arrange them into * shape and place them in rear of your suit, then fire
- 4/6 : Send them into your enemy and fire when it gets close.
- All of them can be cancelled into Main for free fall.
- Every variation only spend 1 ammo, so you can have 2 different variations active at the same time. Example : Nb to deploy them near your suit and pressing 4/6b to send them into your enemy while still leaving the former active.
Sub : GN Missile. Cherudim's missile but covers wider area. Inputting directions will fire them into left and right leaving the center part blank
AC : GN Rifle Bit II
- Neutral : Random shooting.
- Direction input : Gerobi. Have a pretty wide projectile barrier
BC : GN Holster Bit
- Shield Bit, now with 200 HP. Like Cherudim's Shield Bit, can be send to your partner too.
- The Holster Bit will stop working while you use AC (The Bit will return to you and have the icon on HUD turns red).

If anyone has been able to play Maxi Boost here lately, any first impressions on Zabanya?

I main zabanya now. Zabanya is very good as a mid range supporting MS. Its a little overpowered for now and the japs are asking for nerfs already.
The bits on zabanya are the best. 4/6B bits are kinda OP now.
Missiles are OK, but most importantly you have unlimited sniper shots now(CS) making it a one hit down monster.

The AC gerobi has good tracking and it blocks projectile from the front, making it extremely good to punish the landing opponent.

Haha, that definitely sounds like it'll get nerfed eventually. What's its EX Attack like?