Setsuna Yuki

[MB] The Maxi Boost General Discussion Thread

...What if by chance, some 1500 units were reduced back to 1000?  So that we could have both 1000 and 1500 units?  Can someone explain if this would be good or bad?

It won't happen unless they change it the next game.

It will be bad since people can abuse the overdrive system.

And 1K cost can be instantly killed against overdrive enemies.

I'm not quite sure as to the legitimacy of KiraYamatoSF's claim that 3K/1.5k is better than 3K/2K - at the recent Sportsland tournament held yesterday (Biggest tournament series in Japan), there were no 3k/1.5k teams, whereas I definitely saw some 3K/2K teams (I'm checking the actual team roster here, not just videos). On a side note, the dominant comp was 3K/2.5K :P.

I asked Ogu if he could clarify why many jp players consider 2K better with a 3K, and he said the following (translated):

Generally, if you're teaming with a 3000, 2000 is better.

1. Due to the amount of boost a 1500 suit has, it's hard to keep up with a 3000, and it's really easy to get chased down and killed.

2. Even if your team dies in the proper order (3000 first), it's really easy to ignore the 3000 player and kill the 1.5k twice.

3. From the opponent's perspective, there isn't much difference between killing a 2K twice or killing a 1.5K twice. As such, it seems much more comfortable to kill a 1500 twice.

And from a later comment:

There's no way that the 1500 cost is stronger than the 2000 cost, though it is true that Berga's overall performance goes beyond the 2000 level. 

During F Drive, there are other suits that are stronger than the 2000 cost, but in terms of composition, due to boost and speed, the 2000 cost level is stronger.

Just from looking at what teams show up at the Sportsland tournaments you should be able to see what comps are good or not, regardless of anything else.

I'm not quite sure as to the legitimacy of KiraYamatoSF's claim that 3K/1.5k is better than 3K/2K - at the recent Sportsland tournament held yesterday (Biggest tournament series in Japan), there were no 3k/1.5k teams, whereas I definitely saw some 3K/2K teams (I'm checking the actual team roster here, not just videos). On a side note, the dominant comp was 3K/2.5K :P.

Yeah, it seems like it's back to EXVS FB all over again.

IIRC Vanilla was full of Quanta / Full Cloth + Tallgeese / IJ and similar teams.  I don't recall 2.5k-1k being as good in Vanilla, though I might be mistaken :P

With regards to the tier list Kira posted, what's that SS rank 3000 suit?  Sinanju & Zabanya got nerfed IIRC, and all rikaikun translates it into is "mackarel" lol

I asked Ogu if he could clarify why many jp players consider 2K better with a 3K, and he said the following (translated):

And from a later comment:

I believe the 2k buff fixed it then. You can try to check 2ch and there is a post made talking about how useless the 2k was/is

http://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/game/56800/1395896694/

I believe the community is more legitimate than myself. (Even tho I am playing everyday lol)

No doubt the buff did slightly fix the problem according to what you say about competitions

Zabanya is the SS burger

Nice to meet you 
Is "EXVSMB Master" I 
I am making a reference movie of "EXVS Series" the latest from Japan 
Advanced battle Replay "猛者の戦い" 
To all players, please refer to it good ... 

ExvsMB(MaxiBoost)

moreEXVSFB(FullBoost)

moreEXVSMB(MaxiBoost)

In addition, I accept questions 
We will answer if I can comment towards the video 

I'm sorry with my poor english 
Thank you to all of the Gundam fan :)

Thank you! But be careful. Youtube likes to remove videos and eventually disable your account for matches that contain certain songs, due to copyright issues. It's why me and many others stopped uploading EXVS to youtube.

Thank you! But be careful. Youtube likes to remove videos and eventually disable your account for matches that contain certain songs, due to copyright issues. It's why me and many others stopped uploading EXVS to youtube.

I was moved you so much! 
Will advise thanks! 

I will do my best!

Its all because of the over drive and ex burst.

Lets say I am using a 2K which has around 600 HP

1K cost = 300 health.

Or I use a 1.5K which has 500 HP

1K cost = 333.33

300X2=600

333X2=666

Cost wise. I have more HP as 1.5K which means longer EX burst. Now that we have the over drive system. Any 1.5K can do huge damage. Not the mention that more lifes = more Drive.

1.5K has 4 lifes which means 4 drives and around 4 burst too since you gain EX meter for dying.

Lets say we have a 3K+1.5K team.

750+750+500+500=2500HP(No cost over)

or a 3K+2K team.

750+750+600+300=2400HP(I am not sure about the health after cost over for 2K)

1.5K is still better in terms of health. Even if the 1.5 got killed first. The 3K MS would still have more HP after cost over or just let the 1.5K go front and die 3 more times. Which is still better since you still have more over drive and ex burst.

They slightly buffed the mobility of all 2K cost. They buffed the ex meter and over-drive build up to try to solve the problem.

2Ks are not "that worthless now" compared to 1.5k but still a little bit bad.

Now the reason why 2.5K is because that they have some really broken MS. Like Susanoo, Banshee, Tallgeese III...etc..etc..

And why are they good? because they are arguably sometimes even better than some 3Ks.

Susanoo can use trans-arm in the beginning of the match and throw pizza the entire game. Pizzas under trans-arm is extremely painful and he can combo his trans-arm melee after the pizza. Now that susanoo has F drive. He can go Trans-arm in the beginning of the game. F-drive when he has it and F-Drive plus EX burst plus trans-arm after cost over.(Which is a little bit broken.)

So the reason 2.5K is good = They have broken suits. Extremely broken suits.

Now why is 3K the most balanced?

After the nerfs to sinanju and zabanya. We have no more S ranks other than zabanya. Even tho some suits are still slightly OP(Wing ZeroTV, Sinanju, 00-R, 00-Q)

We have a lot of A ranks for now which is a good sign. They even have to add A- A+ onto the tier list for 3K cost now due to the fact that a lot of them are pretty close.

But the B ranks of 3Ks are still awaiting buffs to be more viable.

P.S. Lower cost Suits has longer overdrive. So 1500s overdrive can be really scary.

Newest Tier List of MB from 2CH:

SS 鯖

A+ シナ ゼロ 00

A 神 フルクロ クア マス

A- 運命 ストフリ TX 羽 クスィ

B+ サザ レオス リボ 髭 ユニ 胚乳 ペネ

B ZZ DX Ex-S 乳 エピ V2

S バンシィ ジオ GX

A+ アヴァ スサ ギス 02 ハイペ

A 死神 X1 AGE2 乙 ゼノン

A- ヘビア プロビィ ZZ キュベ 忍者 ヴァサ スモー

B+ ング 百式 Pスト 隠者 電池 Ef インパ 03

B 自由 ブレイヴ ケル ゴトラ Af

B- アルケー X3 赤枠 伝説

A ローゼン クシャ Δ スト

A- ギャン フォビ ガナ ブラビ メッサ ガナ Gメカ AGE1

B+ X2 青枠 mk2 91 デュナ スローネ 龍 BD スタゲ シャ ゲ 他

B 他

A ベルガ

A- ザク EZ8

B+ ガンイージ アレックス 決闘 V ヅダ 犬 ドルブ グフ

B- 他

If I may ask. Did tallgeese get buffed? Hes my favorite aside from alex and bernie zaku

Recently, according to high level jp players, top 4 2500's looks like:

1. X-Divider

2. Deathscythe

3. The O

3. Banshee

Buffed to OP

Great! I saw his csA fires the three shots much faster. Reloading assist is definitely a plus as well.

My list was 2 weeks ago, thats why.

I wasn't trying to refute anything you were saying, just reporting information I was given.

From an aesthetic point of view I don't like the way fa unicorn looks =/

He seems slow in first form

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

From an aesthetic point of view I don't like the way fa unicorn looks =/

He seems slow in first form

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

I don't disagree with that.

That's not a problem though. First form is better at playing a neutral and honestly FAUC seems much stronger in the rear than the front position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRkubFe4J_Y

I don't disagree with that.

That's not a problem though. First form is better at playing a neutral and honestly FAUC seems much stronger in the rear than the front position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRkubFe4J_Y

He's definitely far more campy than unicorn.  Also missiles fired out of angle in form 1 still have tracking.  What the hell is that.

Probably is better as a support since 2.5k's can front pretty damn well.  Not to mention on overcost you can dump 2 missiles, then have an insane speed pressure for self-defense.