Setsuna Yuki

[MB] The Maxi Boost General Discussion Thread

Strike Noir in fair tier. My how the mighty have fallen.

Kappa?

Then I demand you explain that opinion because holy fuck.

Like I love Turn X but I'm not happy it got buffed to S because that suit is for retards.

At first I was like "ehhhh I dont think Turn X is that retar-" then I heard Gym yelling stuff in the back of my head.....yeah fuck that suit.

I'm sure some people are wondering how Talgeese is sitting at B**** when a couple of earlier posts mention him being S tier. He's sitting at 2.93 (Providence also) with n=7. Welcome to the college grading system kids >< He's actually not posted at S tier in any of the lists in that shitaraba thread.

Also, he didn't get any buffs in the update. He had no changes at all. A couple of suits got nerfed, but he certainly wasn't overbuffed.

Current sample size n=7

After 14/05/27 Update

S       *   Zabanya

A   ****   Turn-X

***   WZTV, Master, Quanta, 00

**   God, Sinanju, FC

*   Nu, Hi-Nu, SF, Destiny, FAUC

B   ****   WZEW

***   V2, Penelope, Turn-A

**   Turn-A, UC

*   Lf, Epyon, DX, Reborns, Ex-S, FAZZ

Its over. Ex-S is kill. RIP-tombstone.jpg

Strike Noir isn't that good because none of the drives work well with it 0_0
S-Drive >Cannot spam beam(But can spam AB..)
F-Drive>What?Melee on Noir?

Anyways I AM HAPPY THAT. RED FRAME KAI IS NOW. A RANK.

TODAY. I SHALL CUT EVERYTHING WITH MY 3 SWORDS. I SHALL FOLLOW THE PATH OF RORONOA ZORO. I SHALL RULE THE GALAXY!

Good to see one of my favorite units is good I guess.(Red frame Kai). If consoles ever get Maxi Boost. lets hope it stays that way among other issues.

Then I demand you explain that opinion because holy fuck.

Like I love Turn X but I'm not happy it got buffed to S because that suit is for retards.

The tallgeese iirc was referred to as the anti gundam.

Its also a swift, speedy suit requiring some level of finesse which I think is expressed by its Super Vernier causing weaker pilots to fail with it.

I think it SHOULD be a strong suit. It has extra movement that requiees calm under duress, a situational tool for defense, requires ammo management with longer than normal br reload and subpar melee.

Should it be strong? Absolutely.

Should it be op? Nope.

Yeah I assumed it was because Noir doesnt get much from S-drive since he can already do AC-AC and has no BR.

I wonder why they seem to just refuse giving banshee meaningful nerfs.

I wonder why they seem to just refuse giving banshee meaningful nerfs.

Nerfing one of the most popular suits in the game would cause a poor reaction, don't you think? For example, Qubeley was made extremely powerful for a short period of time, but it's hardly a popular unit, so nerfing it didn't piss that many people off.

Now, Banshee? Tons of people play it and they would be furious if their top tier unit was suddenly less effective than other 2500s.

Also gotta sell that Gunpla, can't be having suits with recent MG/HGUC kits doing poorly, now can we?

The tallgeese iirc was referred to as the anti gundam.

Its also a swift, speedy suit requiring some level of finesse which I think is expressed by its Super Vernier causing weaker pilots to fail with it.

I think it SHOULD be a strong suit. It has extra movement that requiees calm under duress, a situational tool for defense, requires ammo management with longer than normal br reload and subpar melee.

Should it be strong? Absolutely.

Should it be op? Nope.

That's a very slippery slope.

Nerfing one of the most popular suits in the game would cause a poor reaction, don't you think? For example, Qubeley was made extremely powerful for a short period of time, but it's hardly a popular unit, so nerfing it didn't piss that many people off.

Now, Banshee? Tons of people play it and they would be furious if their top tier unit was suddenly less effective than other 2500s.

Also gotta sell that Gunpla, can't be having suits with recent MG/HGUC kits doing poorly, now can we?

Actually Banshee is nerfed a lot. It only has 5 BD during unicorn mode. The real problem with banshee is the AB. Which is something they cannot really fix.

And no you are wrong. It won't cause a poor reaction since the majority of the players wanted bamco to nerf banshee to the ground. Quebeley was nerfed after Next due to the fact that EX is a new game and the cost of quebeley changed from 3K to 2.5K. Until this very day, people still complain a lot about quebeley and the developers are well aware of it. They tried to buff quebeley again in MB but then it is still not that good compared to other suits.

Now to Densuo saying that Tall3 is the anti gundam so it should be strong. I think you forget the fact that this is a competitive game. This is not some casual game where you can just make certain characters strong because of whatever reason. I can make the exact same statement for my beloved Freedom n S.Freedom.

Kira Yamato is the greatest pilot of CE. He always dash into the opponent with great speed and perform a "居合" slash attack. Freedom and S.Freedom are one of the fastest suits from CE.

Should Freedom and S.Freedom have Strong melee? YES

Should Freedom  and S.Freedom have a faster BD melee? YES

Should they be OP? YES. JESUS YAMATO FTW.

My friend in japan, won 8 games in a row and posted a picture on facebook yesterday.

Hong Kong players aren't as good huh?

10408642_721848181208616_336334048354848

Actually Banshee is nerfed a lot. It only has 5 BD during unicorn mode. The real problem with banshee is the AB. Which is something they cannot really fix.
And no you are wrong. It won't cause a poor reaction since the majority of the players wanted bamco to nerf banshee to the ground. Quebeley was nerfed after Next due to the fact that EX is a new game and the cost of quebeley changed from 3K to 2.5K. Until this very day, people still complain a lot about quebeley and the developers are well aware of it. They tried to buff quebeley again in MB but then it is still not that good compared to other suits.

Now to Densuo saying that Tall3 is the anti gundam so it should be strong. I think you forget the fact that this is a competitive game. This is not some casual game where you can just make certain characters strong because of whatever reason. I can make the exact same statement for my beloved Freedom n S.Freedom.

Kira Yamato is the greatest pilot of CE. He always dash into the opponent with great speed and perform a "居合" slash attack. Freedom and S.Freedom are one of the fastest suits from CE.

Should Freedom and S.Freedom have Strong melee? YES
Should Freedom  and S.Freedom have a faster BD melee? YES
Should they be OP? YES. JESUS YAMATO FTW.

My friend in japan, won 8 games in a row and posted a picture on facebook yesterday.
Hong Kong players aren't as good huh?
10408642_721848181208616_336334048354848

I suppose Heero is rightfully at the top with WZTV then eh? Then again I always felt Duo was likely the best of all the pilots in Wing.

I think you two are over reacting to me. There's a difference between a strong, or viable suit and an overpowered suit. But at the end of the day, my whims and reasoning behind wanting Tallgeese III to be strong is strictly because I'm biased. I'd be extremely happy if my personal favorite suits and pilots, Tallgeese III, Zaku Kai, Alex and Gundam Mk.II were strong. But again that's just me being bias. I'm perfectly fine with them being fair and balanced. I feel every suit should be strong as it would encourage diversity and fun to the game. But it's as you say Kira, It is a competitive game, and like any competitive game there's never going to be a perfect balance, we as players will do the exact thing we do in fighting games, or MOBAs: we're gonna find the cheap, over powered stuff and play it.

Specifically to Genoce: I would not be surprised if some decisions to strengthen or weaken suits would be based on Business to promote gunpla or new series. 

On topic of that picture:

While it's cool to see your friend getting an winning streak going (does it still give you damage penalties for long win streaks?) We could just play Devil's Advocate and assume he got carried, or played weak players. I don't really care about the whole "We're better than you" or "We can hold our own against X" I would prefer to see gameplay videos of your friend in action. The more content I get to see of the game the better as far as I'm concerned as I like watching high level play. It would probably be exciting watching an extended video of how he got to that win streak as well.

---------------

On Drives.

Does anyone think it would be better if Drive would be a bit more fair in the game if it were only available when your team can no longer die anymore and you're dropped down to low health? A "last ditch desperation" as opposed to a drive per life would still allow some sort of comeback factor but it maybe it would not be as ridiculous as it is now? I for one would prefer if it were just removed completely, but I doubt they're just going to do that.

I would really like to stop this asinine discussion about the skill level of the HK scene. KiraYamatoSF, please do not further instigate this kind of discussion, its extremely off topic not to mention childish. You may or may not realize it because of your English level, but you're coming off as antagonizing others right now. 

if you want to talk about this, talk in the Ask Me Anything thread you made - anyone who perpetuates conversation on this topic will be warned, including others who try to egg it on.

Kira Yamato is the greatest pilot of CE

- got taken apart by Shinn though, who got murdered by Athrun...

@ Densuo- that or one drive per match which would make it that much more tactical about when you use it.

I don't see the need for a comeback factor at all when burst is enough(though its does not win you games in an "X-factor" sense). Either they remove it or have some heavy restrictions on it.

Comeback mechanics are usually put in for new comers to a series. The mechanic is there to stay whether or not they alter drives is another thing

Yeah they're not removing Drive. The most that can be done now is tweak it to not make it completely stupid or at least contain it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Nicol Amalfi was the greatest pilot of CE! He loved playing the piano and Kira is but a peasant compared to him. Blitz was the best Gundam in CE and that's why they waited this long to release it, the hype could not be contained any longer. When Blitz comes out it will rival the power of 2500 despite being a 2000 cost suit, the developers too like to play the piano so they gave him favorable treatment. Nicol doesn't need to follow the rules, he has green hair. Honorable mention to Canard Pars for being almost as good as Nicol. 

Anyone else excited for the new side stories game " Gundam Seed: Never Ending Yesterday" for the PS4? Apparently you get to play as the Rau le Creuset team so we get to play as Nicol, Yzak, and Dearka! Maybe there will be a bonus mission where Nicol doesn't get killed by the worst pilot in CE.I am sure this game will have preorders out soon, I'll be ordering my copy day 1 thats for sure.  :psyduck:

Not shown in Blitz's moveset: automatically impaling itself on the other team's beam sabers when they have their melee weapons out.

Back to the drives, I feel that if they were limited to one use per game, I would have a different look at it, but I do agree comeback mechanics are just kinda dumb. The Extreme Burst system worked really well imo. Drives could be interesting, but they have to do something about it. Maybe tone down the buffs, duration, conditions, idk. But the way they are now, I'm not a fan of it. Regardless, it's here to stay so MB players can only give feedback so hopefully when it comes to consoles, it wont be as bad as it is now.

Back to the drives, I feel that if they were limited to one use per game, I would have a different look at it, but I do agree comeback mechanics are just kinda dumb. The Extreme Burst system worked really well imo. Drives could be interesting, but they have to do something about it. Maybe tone down the buffs, duration, conditions, idk. But the way they are now, I'm not a fan of it. Regardless, it's here to stay so MB players can only give feedback so hopefully when it comes to consoles, it wont be as bad as it is now.

Yep. So our guess is that they will remove it when they release the next EX VS. Just like how G crossover was removed after GVG.

So I'm in HK right now. Just wanted to post some stuff that I found out from just playing a couple games:

NOTE: I went to Gamezone in Mong Kok. It may be different than other places or even what Japan does entirely. Also, if I'm saying anything that has already been said, just ignore it.

Firstly, I went at around 4:30pm and it was already mad packed. If you lose, there is definitely someone ready to take your place. I can only imagine that more people will show up the later you go.

In case anyone is planning to go to HK, it costs 8HKD (roughly $1.50 US) to play. A card will cost you 30HKD (roughly $4). The controls may be a little bit different than your typical fight stick. A B and C are spread out in order from left to right on the top row while the left and middle buttons on the bottom row can both change targets.

One thing I had no idea about was that S Drive actually provides infinite BR ammo for your A (This happened while I was playing Xi but I'm assuming it's the same for all suits). I can see how people might not feel that that's "balanced" per say. As for damage level, I remember someone posting that the dmg value was higher than default but it looked fine to me. I got zunda'd by Infinite Justice and was dealt 120 dmg.

Lastly, if you do buy a card, you have to register it on NamcoBandai's site: http://web.vsmobile.jp/mb/menu.html?from= It's pretty easy to navigate and everything from setting your favourite suits to Navi to HUDs can be done through here as well as tracking your win rate.

My sample size for gameplay is fairly minimal so I'm going to play more and see how the rest of it goes.