Setsuna Yuki

[MB] The Maxi Boost General Discussion Thread

Linking to a single post though is just a single post, by a single person. You can't take just one list as the list. That's why the previous updated I'd done an average of like...seven or eight lists in the thread over the course of a couple days. I just hadn't had time to sit down and do it again with this most recent update :/

Also, someone remind me, when they JP crowd makes these lists, are S/A/B/C supposed to be based on the suits' toolkits, or or how it stands against other suits in the same cost tier. Because I know when FAUC first came out it was put as an A tier suit, but it hasn't had any changes since its release (other than an art update) that should drop it down to B if the lists are based on the suits' toolkits...

They aren't happening, since it already got buffed for more boosts.

Destiny was lacking in FB, and it plays to the strengths of the current game, the buffs were necessary and they help it thrive. Nu is back to being solid but Hi-Nu still has his classic problems. SF using melee is silly anyway. D:

Try take a look at S.Freedom's BBS. That boost buff was needed. S.Freedom was designed to have better mobility, that is why S.Freedom has less HP compared to other suits. FB's S.Freedom don't even have the highest mobility compared to other 3Ks(Sazabi, Wing Zero TW, Wing Zero Custom)

If you think that as a 3K S.Freedom should not have at least one melee that can pressure the enemy then you pretty much don't know what 3Ks should do.

3Ks should be storming the front. Giving pressure to enemies so that they will lock you. When they are forced to lock you, your support will have little pressure and will have time to focus on supporting you. (except for Zabanya, EX-S. They are meant to be support MS)

Now look at most of the other BR based 3Ks out there. Turn-X, Nu, Hi-Nu, Wing Zero TW, Destiny, Sinanju etc etc..

They all have at least one decent melee. We can forget about Destiny since its more of a melee suit with a BR.

S.Freedom has 4/6B Which has decent priority but that's it. Anything other than 4/6B is kinda useless. 8B cannot do much damage and you cant really combo it into anything unless the enemy is high up in the air or walled. Neutral B don't do enough damage compared to others neutral B.

2B can be a good choice if you are engaged in a rainbow battle. It has great priority but the range is very short.

BD8B was S.Freedom's uniqueness back in RVZ2. They nerfed it to the ground during Next. The problem with this move is that the animation start-up is really quick..but the traveling speed of the MS during this move is too slow. So either the enemy is right next to you or else its very hard to use it the way people should be using it.

Now you might say. S.Freedom has a very strong neutral game, why would it need a strong melee option.

S.Freedom is not an ideal 3K. When you play this MS your partner will have to be very careful and have to defend him/herself really well. The enemy can just ignore you and go straight to your partner since you don't have any moves except for CS that can help save your partner.

Yes we have a very strong Gerobi but it has a really long cooldown. It only deals 180 damage too..

But what if they did revert the BD8B to the way it was? Then you will see the real Kira back in game. Which means using his signature hit and away slash move like the anime. It will give a lot of pressure to the enemy and fix the problem since they have to watch out for your speedy BD8B.

There are much more problems with S.Freedom but i will stop here for now. Afterall it is still a B class MS.

Dreadnought is S tier that's awesome wonder how long that'll last. also Wing Zero TV is still top dog lol.

Glad to see that Blitz is high-ish tier, really like how he looks/plays glad to see he doesn't suck. too bad X3 is lowest 2500 in terms of tier. i know tiers aren't everything.

Dreadnought is S tier that's awesome wonder how long that'll last. also Wing Zero TV is still top dog lol.

Glad to see that Blitz is high-ish tier, really like how he looks/plays glad to see he doesn't suck. too bad X3 is lowest 2500 in terms of tier. i know tiers aren't everything.

I know know what is wrong with Bandai. Wing Zero TV still not nerfed. Is it really that hard to balance? Or are they doing it on purpose?*For the upcoming HD Wing Zero remaster*

Either way it sucks. The league of legends balance team might have done a better job. LOL

Akai_Go, it's always the same dude who post TL on 2ch IIRC. So there's no reason to consider his previous lists but only his latest.

I don't think that's the case...if you look at the shitaraba thread, posts #194 and #241 are different lists, from different IDs on the same day. #241 and  #320 seem to be a double post - same ID, same day, same list. #366 is a third different ID and list, same day as other two. #427, #614...all of these are different IDs, many on the same day.

Try take a look at S.Freedom's BBS.

He's top B, which puts him pretty interchangably with bottom A tier, so no he's prolly not going to get buffs knowing that unless most of 3k gets buffs along with him which is more likely to happen. You can stop demanding WZTV nerfs while demanding your baby to be buffed and have full screen Zabanya beam like you did last time. WZTV is no longer surviving and dragging out 8 minute rounds and your baby is not even without that because he wouldn't keep up with the heavy weight melees even if he could rush them harder. Suit variety is relatively solid right now despite your claims. This game is not RVZ2, EXVS or FB. It is own beast. Treat it as such and let go of characters that bother you instead of clinging desperately onto a character's old iteration.

Arguments in context of RVZ2 went nowhere last time and have very little place here unless the devs decide to humor you and bring back the systems and mechanics that would favor the Strike Freedom within that game slightly more than they do here. Having said that Strike Freedom is mostly "weak" right now because even if he had a boost dash melee he'd be "weak" due to his lower than average damage and the fact that his overall pressure would still tilt ranged, buffing his BD melee would not prevent players from picking S drive and pounding away. His strengths would still be evasion and if he pushed up his partner would have to defend themselves just like if he were playing his old asymmetrical neutral like WZ-EW, he'd just be rushing up in enemy's face rather than running from him when his partner got rushed. Which would still end poorly if he were trying to melee rush anyone good in melee, due to his short range and poor ability to trade damage in melee would just mean the other top tiers would just deploy their various anti-melee tools and deny him anyway even if they did believe him to be a big enough threat to actually connect his boost dash melee. If his gerobi were on a shorter cool down it would likely only mitigate his current issues rather than resolve them because they're endemic to the suit itself and broadly attempting to improve his kit would require a massive rework that would only break him rather than actually make him a more interesting mobile suit to play.

With all that said it would probably be accurate to say demanding a suit to become omni-comptent instead of just demanding the damage buffs it would need to stop tickling and actually trade evenly in damage wars is probably not the best way to go about things.

Also, someone remind me, when they JP crowd makes these lists, are S/A/B/C supposed to be based on the suits' toolkits, or or how it stands against other suits in the same cost tier. Because I know when FAUC first came out it was put as an A tier suit, but it hasn't had any changes since its release (other than an art update) that should drop it down to B if the lists are based on the suits' toolkits...

Kanos says it's based on their tourney win rates, not any mechanical changes which is why suits are fluid within their tier list without any mechanical changes.

EDIT: Nevermind it's just general win rates, not just tournies

The game meta didnt change much except for cost over. This game is still the same game with the same concept. I am not dragging RVZ2 into this, it was just an example. I didnt talk about AB buffs too did I? The AB is acceptable now with 15 seconds CD compared to FB's 20 no buff is really needed unless you are talking about damage wise. 20 more damage would be enough.
BD8B buffs are needed or they will change something else about S.Freedom. I am not saying that because i main this suit. I am saying that because this is the problem with this suit. Don't act like you know the entire game since I doubt you have been playing a lot of MB. Wing Zero TV needs nerf and that has nothing to do with S.Freedom being weak too. It needs nerf from day 1. It is OP in everyway. Combo damage, CSa>8B cancel route, AC, Melee priority, Speed...you name it. Anything it has is better than other suits as a whole. If not why would it be always sitting on the top?

S.Freedom can't give any pressure to front enemy, especially during your AB cooldown. You only have your beam rifle and CS. Using CS at front is hard since you don't slide around like nu/hi-nu, S.Freedom literally stay there and not move during the entire animation.
B top or B mid, this is just what different people think. Most agree that its weak and needs buff. Same thing to other B rank MS. They are all in a weak spot now. You cannot even compare those B ranks to any of those A ranks. That is why you don't see people using those B ranks a lot compared to Wing Zero or Destiny now.

Oh and one more thing. If they buffed BD8B S.Freedom won't be weak at all. Not rushing melee, more of having the option to BR>BD8B which is pretty damn enough.

Most combo started with BD8B has high damage and high cut resistance. I use BD8BX3>CS whenever the situation allow me to. It deals around 330 damage(BD8B during ex burst is a lot quicker and useful) and is the only death combo S.Freedom has. Let me give you another example of a weak MS next time. Probably Sazabi or anything B rank.

I wouldn't want the suit to be OP. Since I am pretty much one of the two player who main S.Freedom here in HK which is nice!

new update Banshee Norn cost3000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvdoHEc8R6c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CGSOe0K5_c&list=UUxoLSeYChlyrax3lHoeL0Yg

new update RGZ-91 リ・ガズィ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOcNWnJz9nQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtUK2SLLSw

likely "ACE COMBAT"  lol

http://www.twitch.tv/nakajimagamerchannel

who knows? it might be late 2015 or early 2016, Maxi Boost is still young. 

Since Full Boost had a lousy single player/online mission mode and boring first release DLC, if Maxi Boost needs some more time to make it a good console version I'll gladly wait. 

when do you guys think the maxi boost port to ps3/ps4 will be? 2016?

Probably when Maxi Boost is on the way out in arcades, which is probably roughly 2 years from now?

that would be my guess at least, depends when the next VS series game after Maxi Boost comes in to development(and is released in arcades ect)

EXVSMB latest update Banshee Norn Basic info and combo movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a7-nBy6yuI

http://www.twitch.tv...imagamerchannel

Norn looks like a lot of fun, looking forward to him at the end of the month.

Yay finally Nobel. Hopefully berserker mode isn't on awakening only.

8/26 Maxi Patch

http://gundam-vs.jp/extreme/acmb/game/

Translated by akai_GO and myself.

Summary: Reborns, FAUC, Arios, Forbidden, ZakuIII buffs

Reborns Gundam
Reborns Mode
  • Mobility increased
  • Main: reload time -0.5s
  • Sub: reload time -0.5s
  • AC: reload time -0.5s
  • BC: the pre-attack startup animation carries over less (momentum)?
  • 4/6B: Stage 3 hit’s float condition changed to be easier to followup
  • EX Burst: Down value of attacks lowered

Reborns Cannon
  • AC: the pre-attack startup animation carries over less (momentum)?

Full Armor Unicorn
Mode 1
  • Main (BM): reload time -1s. →Sub (BG) cancel route added.
  • 2B (tackle): →BC (equipment purge) cancel route added.

Mode 2
  • Main (BG): →BC cancel route added
  • Sub (BZ): →BC cancel route added

Mode 3
  • Sub (BM): damage 110→120
  • BC (Funnel Shields): reload time -2s. movement speed increased. time between striking a target and returning to FAUC increased.
  • 4/6B: Stage 2 hit’s float condition changed to be easier to followup
  • 8B: Stage 4 hit’s effect changed to Non-ukemi Down

Arios Gundam (MS mode)
  • A ammo increased from 6 to 8.
  • AB damage up (1hit 12>13)
  • AB is easier to down with now
  • 2AB GN submachinegun is easier to hit with.
  • 2AB is now harder to down with.
  • 2AB is now easier to extend damage with.
  • 2AB bullet speed, guidance, and thickness increased
  • 2AB damage down (1hit 25->18)
  • Changed way enemy behaves when hit by 2AB to make it harder to followup
  • Changed way enemy behaves when hit by AC to make it easier to followup
  • BC reload time recided by 1sec
  • 46B first hit damage up from 60 to 65
  • 5B->8B followup route damage increased (1hit 70->80)
  • 5B->BC followup route second hit damage up (1hit 20->23) and first hit is harder to down with.

Arios Gundam (Archer Arios)

• Mobility up
  • A damage up (1HIT45→55)(total 90→110)
  • A GN Twin Beam Rifle bullet speed and guidance improved
  • A -> AC cancel route added
  • AB adjusted so it is easier to extend damage on (total damage up from 136->154)
  • Changed way enemies behave when hit by AC to make it easier to follow up on
  • BC second hit damage up (1hit 22->23) and first hit is now harder to down with.
  • 5B damage up (1hit 90->100)
Forbidden Gundam
  • Redlock range up
  • A ammo up from 5 to 6
  • A Eckzahn guidance improved
  • AC reload speed reduced by 1sec.
  • AC->BC and AC->direction input BC cancel routes added
  • Directional AC:
  • -Reload speed reduced by 1sec
  • -Schlag damage up (1hit 9->11)
  • -Schlag no longer unexpectedly misses
  • -Scylla damage up (1hit 13->15)
  • -Scylla no longer unexpectedly misses
  • -Cancel routes to BC and directional BC added
  • BC guidance improved
  • BC->AC and BC->directional AC cancel routes added
  • 46BC->AC and 46BC->directional AC cancel routes added
  • 8BC changed where Raider gundam appears
  • 8BC->AC and 8BC->directional AC cancel routes added
  • 2BC changed where Raider gundam appears
  • 2BC->AC and 2BC->directional AC cancel routes added
  • 5B melee is harder to down with
  • 46B changed knockup so it's easier to followup on
  • 2B defends better against enemy fire

Zaku III

All modes
  • AB reload time reduced by 2sec
  • -BC->A followup first hit is harder to down with. Additionally, it's easier to extend damage on

Normal Mode
  • CSb: After using CSb +2s cooldown added before can charge again. Reload time -2s though. Activation time +2s
  •  BD Melee: Proration lowered

Powerup Mode
  •  2B: Hit effect changed so that the knockaway isn’t as far

As usual please mention if there are any translation errors or if there is a better way of wording something. Particularly of interest is the phrase 技発動前の移動速度を、より引き継ぐようにしました which has to do with how attacks inherit movement from the attack activated before them. This has shown up in previous patches and akai_GO and I still haven't really reached a consensus on what it means or how it should be translated.