Setsuna Yuki

[MB] The Maxi Boost General Discussion Thread

Translated moveset (credits to AmuroNT1)

Normal
a: Nobel Hula Hoop
b: Beam Ribbon
ab: Mandala Gundam Assist
ac: Beam Ribbon
bc: Beam Ribbon (Spinning Attack)
EX: Berserker System

Berseker Mode
a: Nobel Hula Hoop
CSa: ?
b: Punch
ab: Beam Ribbon
ac: Berserker Shout
bc: God Finger
EX: DG Cells (Self-Regeneration)

Good to see Nobel Gundam making it.

I didnt play her much in Next Plus, but things seem mostly the same. Mandala assist goes out to do a mini-combo like the Altron/Slash ZAKU Phantom assist and then follows Nobel for a set amount of time like DX/Sazabi/Hyaku/etc assist, so it could be interesting depending on how far and fast he goes if he still functions that way. I imagine her Main Hula Hoop will have some lite stun properties. AC ribbon may act like a whip, and BC is her spinning the ribbon as a spiral in front of her, which I guess will act as a moving assault (maybe with some projectile protection) which could be useful for anti-melee as well.

Her CSa in normal mode used to be the firing off a God Finger (pretty much Sekiha), but since she doesn't seem to have standard God Finger in normal mode anymore (unless her melee utilizes it through BC derivatives) I imagine that will be the CSa in berserker mode or they will use the large, static unbendable gerobi version that Jin mentioned. I have no idea on the shout though, maybe a field similar to when Extreme Gundam evolves? We DBZ I guess.

I'm quite interested in how normal mode Nobel's melee will be (berserk mode melee i'm assuming it'll be a cross between Blue Destiny and God.) but if it really is all ribbons makes me wonder how great its reach will be.

In Next+ her 5b was standard punching with a 2b follow up which launched in the air for more combos like with next+ God. Her 4/6b were melee using the hula hoop which also had 2b follow up OR a ribbon slash that led to a spinning ribbon attack which could hit multiple people. The combo used depended on whether you were on the floor or in the air. If they use some of the same moves from Next+ these are some possibilities.

I have no idea on the shout though, maybe a field similar to when Extreme Gundam evolves? We DBZ I guess.

Yeah I'm assuming this is going to be a Pressure type of move

Hmm... so her EX burst in normal mode puts her in berserker mode for the rest of the match? And perhaps DG cells reverts her back to normal. It would be interesting if it worked that way, though thats all i can grasp at this moment

As usual please mention if there are any translation errors or if there is a better way of wording something. Particularly of interest is the phrase 技発動前の移動速度を、より引き継ぐようにしました which has to do with how attacks inherit movement from the attack activated before them. This has shown up in previous patches and akai_GO and I still haven't really reached a consensus on what it means or how it should be translated.

Isn't this simply referring to inertia inheritance in general? In other words, how much an attack animation "slides" if done while moving. I always translate that exact phrase as "inherits more inertia from unit movement".

"Nobell Gundam" XD

Some of her attacks look like they have fantastic cut resistance, others look like they have zero.

Vines of Nobel's Berserker Mode EX attack and CSa appeared in my twitter this morning

CSa: https://vine.co/v/OzxppElVj3M (described by poster as having shit performance)

EX attack: https://vine.co/v/OzxU5IuXa5Q (by held press regens up to 100 HP. single press 30HP)

Edit: I've been informed that the way her EX attack(s) work is that in Normal mode using the EX attack is what activates Berserker Mode, which you will remain in for the rest of the match. In Berserker mode using the EX attack (for the second time in a match) is what will do the health regen thing.

Interesting that the heal doesn't return you to normal mode like I expected. I'm guessing Berserker mode exceeds the performance of normal mode enough to make getting burst ASAP a goal...any word on how normal mode performs?

Shit performance? It's definitely better than the N+ iteration.

Her berserker mode csA in Next was hilariously damaging, though, to be fair. :P

I'm actually most disturbed by how she stays in a weird stance and her hair stays in a perfect fan formation without any animation. It doesn't look like an idle pose, but it apparently is. D: Don't remember if that's how she looked standing still in berserker mode in Next. Oh well.

Her berserker mode csA in Next was hilariously damaging, though, to be fair. :P

I'm actually most disturbed by how she stays in a weird stance and her hair stays in a perfect fan formation without any animation. It doesn't look like an idle pose, but it apparently is. D: Don't remember if that's how she looked standing still in berserker mode in Next. Oh well.

Yeah the damage was insane. But it hardly hit the opponent :p

-----------------------------------------------

Nobel gameplay:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24443885

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24444014

Huh, sounds like they also added some more sound effects to certain activates as well. Just heard Blue Destiny having a grinding sound before the "EXAM System, standby!" and Gyan getting the sound of M'Quve flicking his signature vase. Kinda neat, anyone know of anymore changes like these?

hey Hary.ordinary could i make a request for some Maxi Boost gameplay? was wondering if you could record an Heavyarms Kai arcade walk through

List of MS adjustments for tomorrow's update (which also releases Nobel Gundam for public play):

source

Turn-A

• CSa: The charge gauge is no longer consumed if you cancel between the charging up to the shooting? Now carries momentum from prior to shooting.

• Sub (missiles): Max number of rapid-fire shots 3→4. Ammo 6→8. Proration lowered. Reload +1s.

• 5AC (BR rapid fire - FB Sub): No longer verniers if used while standing. Cancel damage 40→55.
  • 4/6/8/2AC: Cancel damage 40→55.
  • BC (Kapools - FB AC): Now carries momentum from prior to using. Kapool’s health has been adjusted, and the guidance increased.
  • 5B~8B followup: 1st stage’s Down value lowered
  • 2B: The behavior from step canceling the landing has been altered (doesn't specify how)
  • BD melee: 2nd stage can now cancel into both 8B and 2B.
  • Sidenote: FB's [5BC] has been moved to 8BB, [8BC] has been moved to BD melee, and [2BC] has been moved to 2B. Apparently 5B, 6B, and 6BB can cancel into the 8BB attack. Melee→BC will apparently do the shield tackle. RIP bug cutter BD melee :'(

Sazabi

• Mobility increased
  • CSa: 1hit damage 27→28

• CSb (nuke): charge time -0.5s. Explosion damage 1hit 13→16 (total damage 235→286).

• AC: reload time -1s. Cancel damage 1hit 14→16 (total damage 188→214).

• BC: reload time -2s. Guidance increased on both Jagd Dogas’ weapons.

• 5B: damage 173→182

• 4/6B~8B followup: fixed a bug where Main ammo was being consumed

• 8B: damage 80→90. Performance increased. On-hit float condition changed to be easier to followup. →A cancel route added (doesn't specify if this is BR shooting or something new)

• 2B: now carries momentum from prior to using

• BD melee: proration lowered. Total damage 172→187.

Hyaku Shiki

• Red lock range increased
  • CSa: →2B cancel route added
  • CSb: attack added. Perform’s MA Mode’s CSa (rapid fire BR)
  • Sub: guidance improved
  • BC: Rick Dias’s clay bazooka guidance improved. Proration lowered.
  • 5B: 1st stage 1hit damage 65→70. Final stage hit’s float condition changed to be easier to followup.
  • 4/6B: 1hit damage 75→80
  • 8B: 1hit damage 80→85
  • BD melee: 1st stage 1hit damage 65→70
  • MA and ~BC followup: Hyaku Shiki now boards the Dodai Kai faster.

​       MA Mode

• Mobility increased
  • AC: Dodai Kai’s travel speed increased. Down value increased. Explosion 1hit damage 20→30.
  • 5B: Down value lowered

​​Crossbone X3

Common Changes

• Main: ammo 6→7. →2B cancel route added.
  • CSa: startup speed hastened
  • Sub: guidance and travel speed both raised
  • AC: Widened the attack priority while spinning the whatever thing
  • EX Attack: 1st stage’s stagger effect lowered? Performance raised.

Normal Mode Changes

• CSb: length of time it cannot be activated increased +2s? →BC cancel route added.
  • BC: performance increased

Safety Kaijou! Changes

• Mobility increased
  • BC: performance increased
  • All melee attacks: performance increased

Red Frame (2000 Cost)

• Main: ammo 4→6
  • Sub: guidance and travel speed both increased. →AC cancel route added.
  • AC: movement speed increased
  • BC: →AC cancel route added
  • 5B: Proration lowered (total damage 223→239)
  • 5B/BD8B ~8B followup (BaCUE head): damage 18→27. Down value increased. Proration lowered.
  • 8B: →AC cancel route added to 2nd stage
  • 8B~2B followup: 3rd stage hit effect change, now allowing followup. →AC cancel route added to 3rd stage hit as well.
  • EX CSb: 1hit damage 165→180. Travel speed increased.

Blue Frame

• Mobility increased
  • CSa: can now defend against more kinds of enemy ranged attacks. Speed at which the gun itself appears hastened. Travel speed of bullets increased.
  • CSb: damage 170→190
  • 4/6BC: Down value lowered
  • 8BC: damage 224→231. Down value lowered. Proration lowered.
  • 5B: damage 154→169. On-hit effect changed so that the length of time before the target can ukemi recover has been increased.
  • 4/6B: damage 146→157
  • 4/6B~A followup: Proration lowered. On-hit effect changed to be easier to followup.
  • 4/6B~A~B followup? max number of hits 6→8hit. 1hit damage 15→14. Down value lowered.
  • 8B: damage 132→144
  • BD melee: 2nd stage’s hit effect changed so that the length of time before the target can ukemi recover has been increased.

Gold Frame

• HP 580→600
  • Rate of EX gauge gain decreased.
  • CSa: charge time -0.5s
  • Sub: →AC cancel route added
  • AC: reload time -2s
  • BC~8B followup: 3rd stage 1hit damage 115→135. Proration lowered.
  • 2B: startup speed hastened. Performance increased.
  • BD melee: 2nd stage hit float condition changed to be easier to followup.

Gun-EZ

• Mobility increased
  • Main: →AC and →BC cancel routes added
  • Sub: reload time -1s. Proration lowered.
  • 8AC: proration lowered
  •  2AC: proration lowered
  • 4/6B: 2nd stage hit float condition changed to be easier to followup
  • EX Burst startup V-Hexa Gundam: amount of time it follows you +5s. Movement speed increased. Internal stiffness after attacking lowered, and can now attack twice? Beam guidance increased.

Roux's Zeta

• AC: fixed a bug in how this attack’s hit affected the target
  • Shooting~BC followup: fixed an error where under specific conditions using BC followup attack caused MS to move at a high speed.

Addendum: I tried investigating in FB and reading the MB wiki what is the deal with Turn-A's CSa charge gauge change, and also X3's Safety Kaijou startup time, and am not 100% sure. If you have better understanding of these two things, please post.